• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your top 3 least favorite foods

Worst 3 foods?

• Total voters

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
What is the worst 3 foods you have ever tasted?

1 - Brussel sprouts!! Ketchup can't even hide the taste of those little round nasties!!!!

2 - Anchovies. Tried one once, never again. The saltiness wasn't the worst part-- it was all the little bones that were still inside it.

3 - Vegemite, sorry Aussies. It tasted like salty vomit to me, never again will I try that stuff!

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
You have terrible taste.
We found the Aussie!

bruce-lee-laugh.gif

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Spaghetti - I hate it. I can cook it but I will not eat it. My mom said it was because I chocked on it as a baby.

Mushroom - I hat the texture and the flavor. I am sure there are some good ones out there but I don't like Shitake.

Water Chesnutt - the worst texture and lack of flavor I have ever put in my mouth. My mom would put them in salads and I would vomit.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Spaghetti - I hate it. I can cook it but I will not eat it. My mom said it was because I chocked on it as a baby.

Mushroom - I hat the texture and the flavor. I am sure there are some good ones out there but I don't like Shitake.

Water Chesnutt - the worst texture and lack of flavor I have ever put in my mouth. My mom would put them in salads and I would vomit.
I agree with 2/3, but I can't imagine life without perfectly sautéed mushrooms.

sogood-loveit.gif

JCK75

I really try to give stuff a chance.. I'm one of the few people on the planet born with the gene to hate cilantro that eventually ate it enough to love it... but there are a few things I can't do.

1. Liver - I used to be a line cook and I could not even stand to touch it
2. Seaweed - I want to eat Sushi and while raw fish does not ick me out.. I gag on Seaweed
3. Mayonaise - I'll power through and eat it anyways.. but I really don't care much for it.

BossLackey

Gold Member
1 - Brussel sprouts!
You either haven't had them in decades (bitter compounds are now bred out of them), they weren't prepared properly, or your tongue is stupid. Brussels sprouts are fffffffffffucking delicious.

2 - Anchovies. Tried one once, never again. The saltiness wasn't the worst part-- it was all the little bones that were still inside it.
I can understand this, but the oily saltiness of them 🤤

3 - Vegemite, sorry Aussies. It tasted like salty vomit to me, never again will I try that stuff!
Still haven't tried it, but I'd be open. "Salty vomit" sure doesn't make it sound appetizing, though.

BossLackey

Gold Member
I honestly either like or am neutral on most foods. Except one.

Raw. Tomatoes.

Shit is fucking vile. I've tried them several times. My wife eats cherry tomatoes like grapes and has big 'ol slices of tomato on her burgers. I just can't. Their very chemical makeup is offensive to my entire physiology.

Now if you cook them, it completely transforms their flavor and becomes a must-have ingredient in at least 20% of all delicious dishes. I still don't want big mushy chunks in my FUCKING CHILI, MOM!

Mossybrew

You either haven't had them in decades (bitter compounds are now bred out of them), they weren't prepared properly, or your tongue is stupid. Brussels sprouts are fffffffffffucking delicious.
Yeah I thought I hated brussel sprouts because I did as a kid, then a couple years ago had some, it was fairly basic just cut up a bit, seasoned, pan seared in olive oil, and they were actually quite good.

Last edited:
I honestly either like or am neutral on most foods. Except one.

Raw. Tomatoes.

Shit is fucking vile. I've tried them several times. My wife eats cherry tomatoes like grapes and has big 'ol slices of tomato on her burgers. I just can't. Their very chemical makeup is offensive to my entire physiology.

Now if you cook them, it completely transforms their flavor and becomes a must-have ingredient in at least 20% of all delicious dishes. I still don't want big mushy chunks in my FUCKING CHILI, MOM!
I love tomatoes raw or cooked. I eat them almost everyday.

Drug Church Eating GIF by Pure Noise Records

BossLackey

Gold Member
How do you prepare your Brussel sprouts?

Don't tell me you smother them in cheese sauce and call it a day.
Pfff naw. Split in half. Oven roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper until they get pretty dark (almost burnt).

My dad thought he hated brussel sprouts until very recently. But he's old, so it's definitely because they used to suck when he was a kid. I forced him to try some (we were eating dinner at a restaurant) and he almost refused. After the tiniest bite, he was practically stealing them from me.

badblue

1. Sea Urchin Sushi

iu

Looks gross, tastes like the sea and was slimy/firm texture wise. Don't do it even if Double Dog Dared.

2. Chicken Feet (Dim Sum place I go to serves them)
iu

Just no.

3. Agaricus bisporus mushrooms

iu

Crimini, Button, White, Portobello.

I'll eat other ones but I can't stand these.

pachura

1. Marmite. There's nothing worse. My friend, who was able to eat multiple super-hot chili peppers in a row, was not able to eat this.

2. Surströmming. You know, the Scandinavian rotten fish that makes everybody in 5 meters' radius vomit and cannot be taken on a plane or opened indoors. It actually smells and tastes like sour shit (also, attracts flies), however I managed not to puke.

3. Matcha latte. I don't get it - it tastes like warm milk with aquarium fish food added.

Honorable mentions:

4. Smoked prunes compote. Yuck.

5. Brewdog - Elvis Juice beer. Everybody who tries it says the same thing: it tastes exactly like dish washing liquid.

ssringo

1. Cole Slaw
2. Potato Salad (and all the variations of cookout "salad")
3. Pond Fish

Parents forced me to eat the Slaw and Salad at family cookouts even though I didn't like it. I'm willing to chalk it up to my family didn't make good Slaw/Salad but the memory is bad enough that I don't even want to try it again. For the fish I simply bit into a poorly prepared/cooked fish (think it was catfish) that had cold gunk on the back (so I didn't see it) and immediately threw up.

Bad experiences is why I don't like a food but I've come around to basically everything I didn't like growing up except for the above.

PC Gamer

Has enormous collection of anime/manga. Cosplays as waifu.
Every single fish, vegetable* and mushroom can all fxxk off and die!

*Except potatoes, onions, garlic and tomatoes (yes I know tomatoes are a fruit).

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Liver/kidney - I'll lump them into the same thing. Absolutely disgusting smell and taste. Dont forget people, those organs act as filters. So what you're eating is crud

Ginger - Ginger ale and gingerbread cookies are fine! But I'm talking about eating something and you crunch into a piece of ginger that was stir fried into it. Ugh

Cilantro/coriander/parsley - I think this stuff is basically the same shit. Gross. Makes food tastes terrible

jufonuk

not tag worthy
You have terrible taste.
If Vegemite is as good as marmite I share your pain

My list

Hersheys - idgaf. It has an aftertaste of vomit

Snails- tried them don’t like them. Love whelks which are essentially sea snails.

Oysters - nope nah no. Don’t line them it’s the snotty texture.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
1. Sea Urchin Sushi

iu

Looks gross, tastes like the sea and was slimy/firm texture wise. Don't do it even if Double Dog Dared.

2. Chicken Feet (Dim Sum place I go to serves them)
iu

Just no.

3. Agaricus bisporus mushrooms

iu

Crimini, Button, White, Portobello.

I'll eat other ones but I can't stand these.
I gotta second chicken feet and add in pigs feet also. Tried them and I just can’t.

Tams

If Vegemite is as good as marmite I share your pain

My list

Hersheys - idgaf. It has an aftertaste of vomit

Snails- tried them don’t like them. Love whelks which are essentially sea snails.

Oysters - nope nah no. Don’t line them it’s the snotty texture.

The traditional Western way of eating oysters is... yeah. I do like the performance of it all though.

In Japan there's 'kaki fry' (battered fried oysters) and you can have oysters in 'okonomiyaki' (fried on a hot plate with either noodles (the best) or in a pancake-like batter).

'Kaki fry'

5D517BB6-AD6F-4040-8B87-FE441207A0B3.jpg

Oyster (kaki) 'okonomiyaki'

pic_01.jpg

Hershey's is fucking vile and should be classed as a crime against humanity. But it is pure 'Merica. Well, using it a smore even more so. Weirdos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom