• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

your wish is granted: Dynasty Warriors 5 EMPIRES

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
KOEI ANNOUNCES DYNASTY WARRIORS(r)5 EMPIRES FOR MARCH 2006 RELEASE
KOEI's Undisputed Tactical Action Series Continues with New Game Scheduled to Ship to North American Retailers on March 28, 2006

BURLINGAME, CA --January 30, 2006 -- KOEI, recognized worldwide as the premier brand of strategy and action games, today announced that the Tactical Action game, DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 EMPIRES for the PlayStation(r)2 computer entertainment system is scheduled to ship to North American retailers on March 28, 2006.

"Dynasty Warriors fans recognize the power of rich and engaging gameplay that challenges their full-range of action and strategy skills," said Amos Ip, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing for KOEI Corporation. "The combat and military simulation game elements which make up Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires are cleanly woven together into a fabric that most precisely embodies the finest attributes of the Dynasty Warriors series of games,"

DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 EMPIRES is KOEI's third scheduled North American release for March 2006. KOEI is also releasing Warship Gunner(r)2 for PlayStation 2, and Samurai Warriors(r): State of War for the PSP(tm)(PlayStation(r) Portable) system that month.

About DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 EMPIRES
In DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 EMPIRES, the armies of the kingdom are at your command! The player's ultimate goal is to conquer the 25 regions of Ancient China and build an entire Empire using cunning diplomacy and uncompromising force. Before each battle, the player will meet with the war council to decide upon military and political policies for the kingdom; then it's time for war.

DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 EMPIRES gives armchair generals total control of their kingdom. Now, gamers can issue direct orders to each officer or signal general commands to officers on the field. Players will order when the army will take the offensive, defend their ground, or have all officers gather for an ambush. Gamers can also choose the officers for an attack force, entice captives into joining the kingdom's service and even expel officers from the kingdom. There's even greater authority over Government, Product Development, Diplomacy and Battle Tactics with the game's 25 new policies for a total of 75 in all.

The game's imperial-sized action includes 4 scenarios to unlock, 2-Player Co-Op play in "Empire" and "Free" modes, new items to unlock, and control of over 200 officers! Once the dust has settled, there's the real history of Ancient China to discover in the game's detailed Encyclopedia.

Developed by KOEI's award-winning internal team, Omega Force, DYNASTY WARRIORS 5 EMPIRES is a 1-2 player game, and is rated "T" (Teen- Mild Language, Violence) by the ESRB.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm floored. As if the ridiculous Chinese fast food cliches weren't bad enough on the box for Xtreme DW5, I'm sure the Empires box will strive to be twice as offensive.

Jonnyram

Hold on... why is the US not getting the 360 version? Both PS2 and 360 versions are coming out on 30 March in Japan.

Mrbob

HELLS YEAH!

Jonnyram said:
Hold on... why is the US not getting the 360 version? Both PS2 and 360 versions are coming out on 30 March in Japan.

USA still hasn't received Dynasty Warriors 5 for 360.

I've been hoping Koei offers a bundle pack for 360.

DW5 + XL + Empires = FTW

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Mrbob said:
HELLS YEAH!

USA still hasn't received Dynasty Warriors 5 for 360.

I've been hoping Koei offers a bundle pack for 360.

DW5 + XL + Empires = FTW

yeah, neither one's announced for the US yet. Maybe they'll show up later/at E3?

kiryogi

Banned
Will the japanese audio track be included like DW4E? Please? XD I've been waiting for this since DW5's release.

Mrbob

cvxfreak said:
Wait, I thought Empires on PS2 was based on 360's Special.

Nope.

Empires being released for 360 in Japan too. Same day as the PS2 version.

No USA release though. :(

Top Bottom