• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You're Dead Dante." Where is that Sequel to Dante's Inerno?

I pray to all that is holy that EA would get off its ass and green light a sequel for this awesome franchise, or sell the IP. Sell the franchise to Ninja Theory.

I will take a 4 hour game priced at $40.00 if it gets the game made.
ninja-theory.png

4374710-dante__s_inferno_id_by_igotgame1075.png

It's been 7 years...

I hope Dante's Redemption releases this year. That project is pure love.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I liked Dante's Inferno as well, and would have loved for Visceral to make a sequel... but after so long, if anyone else finished the story, would it even have any of the same minds behind it as the first game? Might as well be a completely unrelated project, if so.

I think I remember hearing that work had begun on a sequel at some point, but it was ultimately canned. The first game wasn't that good but I think they could have mad a great game with a sequel. Too bad Visceral is dead, so it will never happen now.

spookyfish

It didn't make a bajillion dollars, so EA isn't interested in it. Never have two companies working together (EA and Disney) been so similar.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
There was the DLC and you could also create your own challenges, upload them, and you could get feedback/see how many people played your trial. That was neat. I liked positioning enemies, traps, health, and etc around a particular level.
Then there was the animated film to go along with the game and the Naughty Dog animator who made the CGI Redemption thing.

I really enjoyed how they animated Satan. How everything went dark when you fell through the ice. Yeah it is lame we got to see the end scene where he's naked? and now years later... nothing

I don't think the industry wants to gamble on making another entry without knowing for sure that it will sell. I'd imagine they invested quite a bit last gen and this gen it's a lot different. Sure there's a handful of titles out there now that probably sold less than Dante's Inferno did, but we all know IP's like Dead Space and Dante's Inferno live in our memories now.

I had Dante's Inferno at launch and yeah it is a lot like God of War. I have it digitally now. It's a lot like how God of War 2 was so awesome at launch, but playing it now is not as great. I still have a ton of good memories with the game.

DarkBright

Neo Member
Better question: where's my sequal to the main devil may cry series?

(Just as a preface, i'm only critiquing the game roughly from an offline standpoint).

As far as character action games go, dante's inferno was pretty meh for what it brought to the table in terms of gameplay. Visuals were meh and the story was neat, but it didnt really didn't add anything to the genre as a whole. Combat was barebones and reminded me of castlevania LoS, which i thought the same of.

Overall nothing was solid or stood out. If i could cross compare it to another series, it was like lords of the fallen to dark souls: not fleshed out and it dragged on.

Top Bottom