• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You're in a generic video game shooter, and you have 4 weapon slots to fill

FirLocke

Main: Ak-47 (Uncharted 2)
Side: 10mm Pistol from the beginning of Fallout 3
Melee: Halberd (Dark Souls)
Special: Bentley's Crossbow (Sly 2: Band of Thieves)

#povertybuild

kogasu

Main:
Grenade Launcher - The Resi kind with different ammo types

Side:
Onyx Roses- On my feet because feet shotguns! That's all.

Melee:
Crissaegrim - Why should I have to rely on firearms?

Special:
rZghXE4.gif

A main weapon:
Cerebral bore

A side arm:
Cerebral bore

A melee weapon:
Cerebral bore

A special weapon:
Two cerebral bores taped together.

Yes exactly!

Breads

Banned

Main Weapon - Buriza-Do Kyanon from Diablo 2 socketed with a 40/15: A crossbow with quickly reloading bolts that pierces targets and freezes them on contact. Also makes me faster and offers me protection for reasons.

Side Arm - Firelance, unique Alien Blaster from Fallout 3: Being an alien weapon I only have access to a finite amount of ammo but it is small, extremely fast, and whatever I shoot will turn into crackling blue embers. Gives me access to Vats because I'm not skilled in fighting and I don't want to hurt anyone but if I have to I'm fucking going for it.

Melee Weapon - Crystalis: It's a sword imbued with the power of Wind, Fire, Water, and Lightning and it shoots fully charged X buster shots with every swing. It is also known as Godslayer :v

Special Weapon - Ice Breaker from Destiny: Plasma firing sniper rifle. Regenerates 1 shot of ammo every 5 seconds and holds up to 6 shots.

Mista Koo

Main: Heavy Machine Gun (Metal Slug)
Side: Shotgun Boots (Downwell)
Melee: Buster Sword (FFVII)
Special: Handheld Portal Device (Portal)

Main Weapon: Fatebringer - Destiny
Side Arm: M1911 - Battlefield Bad Company 2
Melee Weapon: True Dragon Sword - Ninja Gaiden 2
Special Weapon: Chaingun - DOOM

Main: Widow's Kiss (Overwatch) - I felt like cheating and having a primary that was both a sniper and an assault rifle.
Side: Raffica Pistol (Uncharted 4) - Three round burst pistols seem more effective in games to me.
Melee: Siegfried (Fire Emblem Fates) - It's a sword that can shoot beams as well.
Special: M-920 Cain (Mass Effect 2) - It's nicknamed the "Nuke Launcher".

Bergerac

Main: F.E.A.R. shotgun
Sidearm: Barry Burton's .44
Melee: Jensen's arm blades from DE:MD
Special: F.E.A.R. MP-50 Repeating Cannon

Main: Pack-A-Punch'd PPSH-41 "The Reaper" from Call of Duty: World At War - extremely high rate of fire, high DPS as a result, nostalgia favourite
Side: CS:GO pre-patch R8 Revolver - broken, high damage/stopping power
Melee: Fan from Super Smash Bros. Brawl - fan-lock opponent
Special: Omega Cannon from Metroid Prime: Hunters - when I need to take out a city block and myself

Main weapon: Widow's Kiss (Overwatch) - It's an assault rifle that can turn into a sniper rifle. Versatile and deadly, so definitely useful as the core weapon.

Sidearm: M-79 (Far Cry 4) - Why have a pistol as a sidearm when instead you can have a one-shot grenade launcher? Explosions, hooray!

Melee: Holy Moonlight Sword (Bloodborne) - A huge-ass sword that can be charged with energy and throw said energy as projectiles as a bonus? Just keeping with the versatile motif.

Special: RYNO V (Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time) - Because sometimes you need lots and lots of explosions. And this is my personal favorite of all the RYNO versions.

Nielm

Main: M-96 Mattock (Mass Effect 2)
Side: Plasma Cutter (Dead Space)
Melee: Crowbar (Half Life)
Special: Hammer of Dawn (Gears of War)

XavandSo

Neo Member
Kar98k- especially the rendition from Red Orchestra 2. It's just so satisfying and Mauser rifles are kickass.

Pistole- from Uncharted. I just like it. Fun to use.

Legendary Bat- From EarthBound.

BFG 9000- Not the most original, but come on.

Main: M60 from Bad Company 2
Sidearm: Magnum from Half Life 2
Melee: "Press F to Kick" from Dark Messiah
Special: Time Grenades from Time Splitters: Future Perfect

Main: Mass Effect 1 M7-Lancer or Destiny's Red Death
Side: Halo 1 Pistol
Melee: Mass Effect 3 Omni Tool
Special: A Titan from Titanfall or The Gjallarhorn from Destiny

Unlimited ammo for my main weapon. Super accurate side arm that I can use as a main weapon. Omni tool as my melee since it's unlimited, can change shape, and do plenty of other helpful things. The Titan from Titanfall if I can if not The Gjallarhorn since it just absolutely annihilates everything.

Accoun

Main: Flak Cannon (UT) - it's the best gun ever, and should be more than sufficient for short range combat.

Sidearm: Railgun (Q3) - for long range.

Melee: Lightsaber (JK series) - as someone already mentioned, offensive power and bullet stopping capability.

Special: Tau Cannon (HL) - more for the movement than anything else.

Main: Flak Cannon from UT2k4, best range, best firepower

Side: Noel's Pistols from BlazBlue

Melee: Gravity Boots from Bulletstorm

Special: Flailgun from Bulletstorm

Main Weapon: Portal Gun from Portal 2. Instead of fighting, I'll just portal away from my enemies really quickly!

Side Arm: Sonic Screwdriver from Doctor Who: The Adventure Game. I know The Doctor always insists this isn't a weapon, but let's be honest...

Special Weapon: Rewind Powers from Life is Strange. If I'm not able to use my Portal Gun or Sonic Screwdriver fast enough, I can just rewind time! I can't use it too often though, or else OH CRAP SPOILERS I'll get a nosebleed!

Melee Weapon: Wicked Weave from Bayonetta. ...do I really need to justify this choice?

Main: Mass Effect 1 M7-Lancer or Destiny's Red Death
Side: Halo 1 Pistol
Melee: Mass Effect 3 Omni Tool
Special: A Titan from Titanfall or The Gjallarhorn from Destiny

Unlimited ammo for my main weapon. Super accurate side arm that I can use as a main weapon. Omni tool as my melee since it's unlimited, can change shape, and do plenty of other helpful things. The Titan from Titanfall if I can if not The Gjallarhorn since it just absolutely annihilates everything.
My man. (almost identical lists :p )

TannerDemoz

A main weapon: Hand Cannon from Resident Evil 4

A side arm: not needed

A melee weapon: not needed

A special weapon: not needed

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
main: portal gun from portal so i can sneak up on ya and unleash nasty things on ya

secondary: snark (half life)
hj7lnrh

melee: the tentacles from the darkness
zur5gcn

special: land shark gun (armed and dangerous)
jpx5orv

Main: SC-20K M.A.W.S. (The splinter cell rifle with all the gadgets)
Side: Mk22 Mod 0 "Hush Puppy" (The Tranquilizer gun from MGS3:Snake Eater)
Melee: Riot Prod (Stick with the prod)
Special: Gauss Rifle (From Crysis)

I like to make a silent takedown.

buru5

Banned
Main: Doom 2 double-barreled shotgun
Side: Halo 1 pistol
Melee: TF2 butterfly knife
Special: Perfect Dark FarSight XR-20

Red 9 with stock
Broken Butterfly
Riot Gun
bolt-action rifle with scope

Or:
handgun
shotgun
bolt-action rifle with scope
broken Butterfly

and rush upgrades.

Main: fully upgraded shotgun from resident evil 2.

tumblr_lm3jihl5Vv1qcq2vho1_500.gif

Side: fully upgraded magnum from RE2.
Melee: purple dildo bat thing from saints row.
Special: double shot fatboy from fallout 4.

G3ufnXeL.gif

Main: Super Shotgun (Doom)
Side: Akimbo Model 1887's (Modern Warfare 2 pre-patched)
Melee: Venom Snake's Bionic Arm (Metal Gear Solid V)
Special: Golden Groovitron (Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction)

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Main: ME3 Cerberus Harrier

Side: ME3 M-11 Suppressor

Melee: ME3 Omni-tool, Engineer variant

Special: M-920 Cain

Main: Plasma rifle from Fallout 3 and New Vegas
Side: The Red9 from Resident Evil 4 (but a special shout-out to the magnum from the Resistance series)
Melee: The hammer from Red Faction: Guerrilla
Special: The RYNO II from Ratchet and Clank 2

CAR105 3

Primary: Clone Commander Minigun (Battlefront 2)
latest

Secondary: Magnum (Halo CE)
latest

Melee: Galatine: Tempo Royale stance (Warframe)
latest

Special: Classic Rocket launcher(Halo series)
Rocket_launcher2_Halo_3.jpg

hao chi

Primary: The shotgun from F.E.A.R.
Secondary: Halo 1's pistol
Melee: Halo 2's energy sword, I guess
Special: Super Metroid's Wave Beam, especially if I can combine the Ice Beam with it (I'm still really tempted to go with Super Missiles instead... it's a tough choice tbh).

Kindekuma

Banned
Main: AM-MRS Rank 5 Custom Rifle (MGSV)
Side: AM D114-9 Pistol (MGSV)
Melee: Saw Cleaver (Bloodborne)
Special: Dark Burst (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)

L Thammy

Primary: Chainsaw (Doom)
Secondary: Knife (Wolfenstein 3D)
Melee: Mighty Boot (Duke Nukem 3D)
Special: Katana (Red Steel 2)

Bandit1

Cool thread!

Main: G6 Commando - Max Payne 3
This category was kind of a toss up for me, hard to pick one assault rifle over another, but the G6 Cammando seems to have a good balance of power, ammo capacity, and accuracy, the latter likely coming from Max Payne 3's stellar mechanics more than anything else.

Side: HE .44 Mag - Resistance 2
The Resistance series' .44 Magnum 6-shot revolver that has a killer secondary feature in which the bullets can be detonated by the user after they're embedded in an enemy.

Melee: Tomahawk - Red Dead Redemption
Hack, slash, throw, a versatile melee weapon with that old west feel.

Special: Zodiac - Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
I was going to go with the RYNO but then I remembered the Zodiac, which forms a blinding white light and vaporizes everything on the screen... So yeah, I'll go with that.

Breakaway

Main: YCS/186 (Fallout: New Vegas)
Side: Watch Laser (GoldenEye)
Melee: Corvo's Sword (Dishonored)
Special: Predator Bow (Crysis)

Daingurse

Primary: PSO Spread Needle
Secondary: Halo 1 Pistol.
Melee: Mass Effect 3 Omni-blade
Special: Red Faction 1 Rail Gun

Yes, this feels right.

Nottle

Primary:left 4 Dead auto shotgun. Up close and fast.

secondary: silenced tranq gun from MGS2. Silent and effective.

Melee: High Frequency blade from MGS1,2,4 and Rising. It cuts nearly anything and can deflect billets.

Special Re5 rocket launcher. I have friends that had world record speed times for that game thanks to the rocket launcher. It destroys everything.

Espada

Main: An automatic shotgun from a number of games, like the AA-12 or Saiga. These things have a high rate of fire, are really versatile because they can fire shells, slugs, stun rings, and even explosive rounds. Couple that with a drum magazine and it's a nice main fallback weapon.

Side: MGS Tranq gun, put everyone to sleep for ages and trivialize stealth sections.

Melee: Sam's High Frequency Blade from Metal Gear Rising. Raiden's sword could already cut through damn near everything with little effort, and Sam's is even more potent. Anything that matches to close the distance would be promptly cut down, regardless of armor. I could also use it to get past annoying environmental impediments.

Special: RYNO. Specifically the RYNO from Deadlocked that dropped lethal beams from orbit on everything on the screen, piercing and scorching the earth in the process. Useful if I'm faced with a giant KH2-sized horde of enemies, or creatures the size of buildings like Quadraxis or a Colossus.

PSqueak

Banned
Main Weapon: Gorgon Assault Rifle (With incendiary rounds, Mass Effect series)
Side Weapon: A Maliwan Acid SMG (Borderlands series)
Melee Weapon: Vi's Gauntlets (League of Legends)
Special Weapon: Killer Wail (Splatoon)

If we're going old school shooters, special weapon needs to be a screen clearing weapon, setting up a Killer Wail in a crowded corridor should do wonders. for the main shooty guns, elemental weapons are a must for me. Finally, the gauntlets as melee because i just like punching things. Asking questions while doing so optional.

Melee: Galatine: Tempo Royale stance (Warframe)
latest

I almost had a Tempo Royale drop from a Bursa... but then we lost a long as mission right at the end due to bullshit... fuck me...

Hell, me and a friend were able to get the Vengeful Revenant stance from the one last big event (.25% chance to get it) :).

Top Bottom