• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtube Upload feature apparently got cut from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I was looking at The Cutting Floor Room randomly for recently released games. There is one cut content that completely got my attention.

Convert the replay data into a video and post it? This requires a Google account.
(Note: This process may take longer than the duration of the replay.)
Cancel the conversion process?
Download?
Download complete. To see it, go to Í and then Í.
Download and save?
Replays you've downloaded can be found in the Vault.
By connecting to Nintendo Network, you can send your replay to friends or show it off to the world.
Whom do you want to share this with? Data will be sent to the following number of people: .
Is this OK?
Sent.

Imagine that?! For some reason they had to cut out the feature that would allow us to upload the replays to youtube, just like Mario Kart 8 feature. It would save most of my replays from getting destroyed by balance updates.

georly

Game is still being updated, never say never.

That or maybe experience from mario kart taught them it wasn't worth the hassle?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So was the Miiverse stage and Tournament mode

/s

Your sarcasm don't really make any sense because they already formally announced Miiverse stages, Tourney mode and Tournament mode, and they didn't announce anything regard with Youtube feature.

JCX

Pretty disappointing, especially since YouTube gave MK8 so much free promo via the Luigi death stare. Splatoon and Smash should have YouTube upload options.

KHlover

Banned
Your sarcasm don't really make any sense because they already formally announced Miiverse stages, Tourney mode and Tournament mode, and they didn't announce anything regard with Youtube feature.

I was being facetious :p
Still, they should patch that stuff in soon or I'll actually start to think they were cut for good :p

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Game is still being updated, never say never.

That or maybe experience from mario kart taught them it wasn't worth the hassle?

Wasn't the MK8 feature pretty popular despite Nintendo completely gimping it? As long as they didn't do the same for Smash (let people upload entire matches, within reason, not just computer-selected highlights) I'm sure that feature would get tons of use.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Would this be like the Mario Kart 8 one?

No one know but If they are going to add it through the update then I really hope that it would able to upload full matches without any time limitation. (I doubt it anyway)

I was being facetious :p
Still, they should patch that stuff in soon or I'll actually start to think they were cut for good :p

Heh, it's hard for me to tell! Hopefully they would say something about those stuffs soon at E3.

Ahnez

Well, there is at least one major update coming in the future, so there's still hope for this to be implemented :p

No one know but If they are going to add it through the update then I really hope that it would able to upload full matches without any time limitation. (I doubt it anyway)

Heh, it's hard for me to tell! Hopefully they would say something about those stuffs soon at E3.

The Mario Kart 8 was only 30sec correct?

Seems a bit short doesnt it? Or am I wrong if I compare it to the PS4 and Xbox One recording system.

The system-wide recording and per-game recordings are implemented in completely different way (IMHO presence of the thing on 4/1 is a waste of power), but nevertheless, the lack of option to upload whole race is something very reflective of general Nintendo policy known as one size fits all.

It's too short for my own taste. I wonder that's why they potentially dropped it for good because they might gear for full matches uploads.

It would great man, I dont have any way to record my WII U currently.

The system-wide recording and per-game recordings are implemented in completely different way (IMHO presence of the thing on 4/1 is a waste of power), but nevertheless, the lack of option to upload whole race is something very reflective of general Nintendo policy known as one size fits all.

Ah ok, understood,

Would it have conflicted with the Nintendo partner program and the necessary enforcement to have millions of casual users uploading tons of small clips?

Revven

Wasn't the MK8 feature pretty popular despite Nintendo completely gimping it? As long as they didn't do the same for Smash (let people upload entire matches, within reason, not just computer-selected highlights) I'm sure that feature would get tons of use.

The only problem is that I'd assume they wouldn't let you upload it in good quality. I can't quite remember what MK8's video quality was like but I don't think those went above 480p on Youtube (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

It'd be nice for people to have in general as an option since capture cards are so expensive.

I have a feeling they ran into a snag with the feature which is why it got scrapped -- or maybe they simply felt if they implemented it the limitations they had in mind would make the feature totally useless to people who play stock matches or other game types. There's a ton of variability for match settings, after all. Of course, that would mean they'd need to use their best judgment but... I don't think we can necessarily say their best judgment has a good track record (see: the online match settings in For Fun and For Glory lol).

The only problem is that I'd assume they wouldn't let you upload it in good quality. I can't quite remember what MK8's video quality was like but I don't think those went above 480p on Youtube (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

It is 720p, but the compression is fairly nasty. No 60fps output, either.

Hopefully it's not that this got scrapped, but that just like the DLC store and mii/replay sharing before it, it's just waiting to get completed and then patched.

It goes to 720p actually. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn there was an option for uploading the entire race?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully it's not that this got scrapped, but that just like the DLC store and mii/replay sharing before it, it's just waiting to get completed and then patched.

It goes to 720p actually. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn there was an option for uploading the entire race?

You could watch the entire race in your replays, but if you can't upload one.

Revven

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn there was an option for uploading the entire race?

Nahh, you can't upload entire races. The highest it will save of your file (when you make the highlight) is 60 seconds which is then what you upload to youtube.

Azure J

A straight to YT export option would be really appreciated in this and every other multiplayer game Nintendo does after MK8 honestly. I hope this isn't a case of something being scrapped versus something not implemented yet.

Top Bottom