• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana releasing Sept 12th (US), Sept 15th (EU) (Steam/PS4/Vita)

hongcha

Are there major differences between the ps4 and vita versions?

PS4 version runs at 60fps, vs Vita at 30fps. It's higher res as well (of course). It also has some extra content, but nothing major. I played it on Vita last year and loved it. I have a PS4 but I'd still rather play the Vita version of this because I prefer to play Ys games on a portable (and I don't care about the extra content personally). If you don't care about or don't like playing on a portable, get it on PS4 or Steam. If you prefer portables get it on Vita. Simple as that.

On a related note, I bought Tokyo Xanadu on both Vita and PS4, but I ended up playing the Vita version instead even though the PS4 version has similar upgrades as Ys 8 PS4. I guess I just prefer these types of games on portables.

Squire

Banned
PS4 version runs at 60fps, vs Vita at 30fps. It's higher res as well (of course). It also has some extra content, but nothing major. I played it on Vita last year and loved it. I have a PS4 but I'd still rather play the Vita version of this because I prefer to play Ys games on a portable (and I don't care about the extra content personally). If you don't care about or don't like playing on a portable, get it on PS4 or Steam. If you prefer portables get it on Vita. Simple as that.

On a related note, I bought Tokyo Xanadu on both Vita and PS4, but I ended up playing the Vita version instead even though the PS4 version has similar upgrades as Ys 8 PS4. I guess I just prefer these types of games on portables.

I've only ever gotten the impression the additions are pretty significant in the case of both games.

looks like i'll have to get vita and ps4 version then with at least one LE in there. is the trophy data shared?

But I own and haven't even played Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ys Seven, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Ys: The Ark of Napishtim yet! Oh what the hell, just give me more Ys goodness!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
But I own and haven't even played Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ys Seven, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Ys: The Ark of Napishtim yet! Oh what the hell, just give me more Ys goodness!

Assuming you also own Origin and Oath in Felghana it sounds like you've at least hit the highlights. If not, wtf?!

Ys 2 is also great.

CSX

Been waiting so long for this. I guess it's time to dig in my copy of Celceta i got cheap as i wait

after cleaning off all the dust off my vita

chaosblade said:
Assuming you also own Origin and Oath in Felghana it sounds like you've at least hit the highlights. If not, wtf?!

Ys 2 is also great.

I do own them too, I beat them ages ago. I've just been overwhelmed by my massive backlog.

Zapages

will the PS4 Limited edition become available on Amazon?

I might get PC to just play and PS4 Limited Edition to keep for safe keeping.

AniHawk

They updated the site with some new Limited Edition pictures too.

Box looks nice.

from their email:

GuW36Qj.gif

Eila

Such a good year. Looking forward for Cold Steel, Tokyo Xanaduo and Ys 8. And I'm still not done with the 3rd.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Looking forward to seeing Adel getting the hopes up of scores of beautiful ladies again only for him to leave them in the dust at the end XD

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hear this is like Celceta but with higher difficulty and just better all around. Sign me up

StereoVsn

Damn,it's in the same week of D:OS2's release.
Guess I will get Ys8 later in a steam sale
Why not both? They are quite different and it is fun to mix up games when you are a bit tired of one. Both games need all the support they can get.

I am quite excited myself and probably will grab a PS4 physical and a Steam copy.

Already got my CE order ordered.

NISA Europe apparently has between 25-50% of their CE orders left.

Australians should use the Europe store as well, since they have a No VAT option.

Parsnip

I just started playing the series on Steam despite owning them for ages now.

Maybe I'll be done by the time this comes out.

Huzzah, sooner than I thought, can't wait.

Buying first on Vita and will get for PS4 down the line if I like it as much as I think I will!

Top Bottom