• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Ys: Oath in Felghana added to the Steam registry

rollingstart

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
eviloreisarapist
Didn't Ys 7 come out on PC in China?

Also, TiTS. People love TiTS. And, uh, Gurumin is on PC too, right? though I don't know if that was an Xseed joint.

Are the Ys games tied together? I've only played the first one.
Not significantly. Each is an independent adventure, although there are reoccurring characters.

All you really need to know is that you play as Adol and are accompanied by his pal Dogi.

Diomedeskun

Jun 7, 2004
Tsuruga, Japan
I adored the PSP version. Favorite Ys by far. Would buy again happily. What I really want, though, is Ys 6, since I never finished the PSP version, and I would love to play the superior PC version.

Tucah

you speak so well
Feb 27, 2008
I own it twice (Japanese PC version + PSP version) but I'll buy an English PC release in a second.

Chesskid1

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Chessguy1 @ resetera
other things you can get from the registry.

it has 4 launch options

dx8
dx9
dx8_config
dx9_config

so you can pick direct8 or 9. dunno what that means but worth sharing i guess. no other info.

Wonko_C

Jul 5, 2010
Cancun, Mexico.
I have the PSP versions on UMD and was about to buy them on PSN to play them on the Vita. Will buy them again on Steam for dat glorious 60 fps.

Edit: Usually how long does it take from registry entry to official announcement?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Mar 10, 2005
Not significantly. Each is an independent adventure, although there are reoccurring characters.

All you really need to know is that you play as Adol and are accompanied by his pal Dogi.
It has been a long time since I've played but wasn't Adol the protagonist in the first as well?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Mar 25, 2006
www.wasfuersohr.blogspot.com
Awesome, probably them trying out how the PC platform works for these RPG ports. Hopefully we get the other trails games this way >_>

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Dec 31, 2011
I love you XSEED. This will be my first Steam purchase.

Takao

Banned
Mar 19, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Awesome, probably them trying out how the PC platform works for these RPG ports. Hopefully we get the other trails games this way >_>
Unless these ports sell godly I think the only way we see the other Trails games is through Aeria's Google Translate/Crowd Source translations for smartphones.

Wyndstryker

May 24, 2006
Burning Ranger
XSEED has easily become one of my favorite publishers this gen.

If they can work with more japanese developers in bringing more pc titles over then we can see Steam even overtake or at least challenge the consoles in the JRPG side of things.