• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

Trance

This game has become my go-to Skinner box for when I just need instant gratification between things. I've put away my consoles to focus on other things, so I use DL to fill that gaming impulse without devoting a ton of time.

Sometimes I like that it's simplified, but I wish it was the full game. I tried Duel Generation but hated the UI.

cHinzo

After 150 packs I can finally ditch those Neo Impact packs, because I finally got Mirror Wall, woohoo!

Took way too long though...

Anteo

Fuck yes, I got the second Daedalus.
I wanted to get the boat but meh..
I guess Ill try to pull some of the URs Im missing from the Ultimate Rising pack.

Tea is the worst with her abilitiy and archetype which has pretty bad support atm. Its been a slog trying to get her to 30 since she loses half her duels. Maybe i should just cheese and win that way.

A.J.

Banned
Well I just clutched a Ranked Duel using Magical Hats. And here I thought I wouldn't get mileage out of the card.

cHinzo

Please don't fix Spirit Ryu tonight. I was saving up those keys to get some farm in at the end of the event. 😭

Edit: Spirit Ryu still works and got 600 free gems, woohoo! Also a new pvp tournament incoming at the end of february with lots of prizes as a reward if u participate and rank highly.

gryvan

Please don't fix Spirit Ryu tonight. I was saving up those keys to get some farm in at the end of the event. 😭

Edit: Spirit Ryu still works and got 600 free gems, woohoo! Also a new pvp tournament incoming at the end of february with lots of prizes as a reward if u participate and rank highly.

Im still farming gravekeeper cards...send help

WHY WONT YOU DROP ODION

I love this game. I'm trying to role play with each character, but I find it's better to use an all fire, water, etc deck to win.

Also, how do you guys get so many points? I'm lucky to get 4000 after auto dueling the AI.

Anteo

I love this game. I'm trying to role play with each character, but I find it's better to use an all fire, water, etc deck to win.

Also, how do you guys get so many points? I'm lucky to get 4000 after auto dueling the AI.

You need to build your deck to abuse the AI and farm points, like a Cerberus + Spells deck, or a Spirit Ryu Deck.

cHinzo

Im still farming gravekeeper cards...send help

WHY WONT YOU DROP ODION
Wasted 1k keys already on Ishizu and Odion and I got no Gravekeeper stuff lol. Did get an extra UR, Blast by a Tribute and that stupid SR spell and reverse trap from Odion. >_> Gonna save up some keys again.

sohois

Worth knowing how points are distributed. A standard win is 2000, a quick win is 2500, a comeback win is 2500, no damage is 500, you get 100 for the likes of spell cards, trap cards and glossy cards, 400 for tribute/ritual/fusion summons. Those are the ones you're likely to see in most duels.

To get the really high scores you need to get an 'over x damage' achievement, where x is 3000/5000/9999. That gives a ton of points so most decks are built around that (note that you need to do the damage in one attack). You also get big points for winning with 100LP, and for winning with no cards left in your deck.

Astral

I just started this game and played it all day today but I've hit a wall at Stage 14 because I ran out of guys to fight. I've got a few questions:

What does resetting a booster box do?

How many Stages are there?

Is there some kind of way to farm lots of gems? I really want this Tyrant dragon thing.

How do you unlock characters exactly? Just continue moving up through the stages? What stage is Yami Bakura and Marik?

I just started this game and played it all day today but I've hit a wall at Stage 14 because I ran out of guys to fight. I've got a few questions:

Is there some kind of way to farm lots of gems? I really want this Tyrant dragon thing.

How do you unlock characters exactly? Just continue moving up through the stages? What stage is Yami Bakura and Marik?
I don't play anymore, but I can try to help.

1. When you pull a booster pack, you can scroll down to see all of the available cards in that pack and in what quantity they exist. After you pull a UR, for example, that card is gone. You can pull more booster packs, but you will never get that card again. Resetting a box means that all the cards you pulled get replenished so you have a chance at getting a card you want again. By the same token, though, you also replenish the less valuable cards, so it's typically not recommended to reset until you have every card you really want from the pack.

2. I do not know the answer to this one.

3. The best way to get Gems is to complete the Stages. You can also earn Gems by doing the tutorial challenges and leveling up Duelists.

4. When you progress to a certain stage, a character will appear. You can unlock that character by completing specific missions (separate from Stage missions). You can look at these Character Unlock missions by clicking on your Missions button.

Anteo

- A box containains every copy of the cards of the set, it will have 1 of each Ultra rare, 2 of each super rare, 5 of each rare and 10 for the rest. But its a limited amount, for example the Water box has only 80 packs and only 2 Ultra Rares, so as you open more packs it becomes more likely you will get those ultra rares.

Reseting a box means you start over with the packs, so for the water pack it goes back to 80 packs and you can pull those Ultra Rare once again.

- I believe there are 50 stages.

- Not really no. Its a F2P game so they want you to pay if posible. Leveling up characters and stages helps, but its a finite amount of gems. You can also get a super small drop gems fron the NPCs.

- http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/m3z7mu5u - The pegasus event is currently unavailable btw.

Astral

I don't play anymore, but I can try to help.

1. When you pull a booster pack, you can scroll down to see all of the available cards in that pack and in what quantity they exist. After you pull a UR, for example, that card is gone. You can pull more booster packs, but you will never get that card again. Resetting a box means that all the cards you pulled get replenished so you have a chance at getting a card you want again. By the same token, though, you also replenish the less valuable cards, so it's typically not recommended to reset until you have every card you really want from the pack.

2. I do not know the answer to this one.

3. The best way to get Gems is to complete the Stages. You can also earn Gems by doing the tutorial challenges and leveling up Duelists.

4. When you progress to a certain stage, a character will appear. You can unlock that character by completing specific missions (separate from Stage missions). You can look at these Character Unlock missions by clicking on your Missions button.

- A box containains every copy of the cards of the set, it will have 1 of each Ultra rare, 2 of each super rare, 5 of each rare and 10 for the rest. But its a limited amount, for example the Water box has only 80 packs and only 2 Ultra Rares, so as you open more packs it becomes more likely you will get those ultra rares.

Reseting a box means you start over with the packs, so for the water pack it goes back to 80 packs and you can pull those Ultra Rare once again.

- I believe there are 50 stages.

- Not really no. Its a F2P game so they want you to pay if posible. Leveling up characters and stages helps, but its a finite amount of gems. You can also get a super small drop gems fron the NPCs.

- http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/m3z7mu5u - The pegasus event is currently unavailable btw.

Thanks a lot. So Bakura, Marik, and Pegasus are only available through events then. That sucks. At least it's good to know that I'll eventually get the cards I want. Just gotta grind more I guess.

Thud

You can also use duel orbs to respawn NPC's. Although the number of NPC's increases the higher your stage rank is, so may want to save it for later.

The microtransactions are based on those orbs and gems. They'll regularly give some away with events, login bonusses or as ingame rewards.

It's not that hard to keep playing for free if you want.

To jump into this or not...

Used to play the original YGO TCG ages ago, went deep into that. Tournaments and all.

Do I really want to get back into YGO...

Anteo

So it turns out lvl 10 Ishizu has the trap that kills all your monster if a tributed one attacked. I had the mission to win against her with over 6k lp and on my last turn with no more cards left on my deck she activated it, so I lost on my next turn. But I still got the quest done! Bad programing I guess

cHinzo

To jump into this or not...

Used to play the original YGO TCG ages ago, went deep into that. Tournaments and all.

Do I really want to get back into YGO...

Well, it's pretty fun... Also if u start now u still can get some nice bonus gems for free packs.

When is Bakura ?

Is he playable character ?

Nope, hopefully we can unlock Marik and Bakura during an event soon!

Qsjgqaq.jpg

Got my first Gravekeeper cards dropped from Ishizu. Priestess and Chief at the same time! Dnno how many more I still need though and also need to farm Odion for those Recruiters. ;_: Sadly out of keys now.

Alright, decided to dive in. Weird seeing only 3 card sized mat instead of the 5 but oh well. I also can't complain about my starting pulls. Mirror Wall, Crass Clown, Hane-Hane, Karate Man, Judgement of Anubis. Very useful cards at the start

edit:

Of course I find a bug in the first day of playing.

Use Shooting Star Bow - Ceal on Karate Man and he loses 1000 atk to attack directly. This puts him to 0 atk.
Use his effect to double his attack for 1 turn. That puts him at 2000 atk and he can still attack directly...

edit 2:

Wow I got RNG trolled by the game. Did not draw a single monster card and got swept by the random npc's. At least it got me a Stone of Wind lol

Alright, decided to dive in. Weird seeing only 3 card sized mat instead of the 5 but oh well. I also can't complain about my starting pulls. Mirror Wall, Crass Clown, Hane-Hane, Karate Man, Judgement of Anubis. Very useful cards at the start

edit:

Use Shooting Star Bow - Ceal on Karate Man and he loses 1000 atk to attack directly. This puts him to 0 atk.
Use his effect to double his attack for 1 turn. That puts him at 2000 atk and he can still attack directly...

edit 2:

Wow I got RNG trolled by the game. Did not draw a single monster card and got swept by the random npc's. At least it got me a Stone of Wind lol

I went 3 duels in a row with no monster cards. It was really dumb. Also stupid server downtimes. Probably to fix the stage issues on the weekly missions.

That's not a bug. Karate Man's effect doubles his ORIGINAL attack (1000) meaning he'll always end up with 2000 atk if you use the effect. Karate Man + Secret Pass to the Treasures + Twin Swords of Flashing Light Tryce + activate effect = 2 direct damage attacks for 2000 each, killing most opponents in 1 turn. I feel kinda guilty using the deck, but there's nothing like being at 50 life points against an opponent with powerful monsters on the field, then drawing the card you need to pull off the combo and win instantly.

Anteo

That's not a bug. Karate Man's effect doubles his ORIGINAL attack (1000) meaning he'll always end up with 2000 atk if you use the effect. Karate Man + Secret Pass to the Treasures + Twin Swords of Flashing Light Tryce + activate effect = 2 direct damage attacks for 2000 each, killing most opponents in 1 turn. I feel kinda guilty using the deck, but there's nothing like being at 50 life points against an opponent with powerful monsters on the field, then drawing the card you need to pull off the combo and win instantly.

I never understood why the card didnt say "its attack becomes 2000" instead, like the card Magicians Unite.

cHinzo

Motherf- It took me 150 packs to get that one. T_T

The new event gives us 30 gems each day for a week. Just gotta battle 3 standard duelists per day to claim em. Love me some free gems. :D Hoping the next expansion is gonna be any good. The card trader also has new Gemini stuff now.

Gin-Shiio

Got the game the other day, tried out PvP and promptly got a loss following a disconnect on side of the losing opponent. It's good to know some things never change no matter what card game you play.

cHinzo

Aight just a heads up guys. Looks like Spirit Ryu is patched in version 1.3. U can still make use of version 1.2 until february 27th. Make use of it and farm while u still can!

A.J.

Banned
The AI also seems more aggressive against Cat Ear Tribe too.My normal farming run against Kaiba went poorly.

cHinzo

Just got my second Gravekeeper's Priestess. Still need 2 more Recruiters and I can make a decent Gravekeeper deck. Too bad I'm out of black keys again. Gonna use my last day of Spirit Ryu farming to get an Enemy Controller from Kaiba I guess. That card looks pretty useful and Kaiba seems like a pain in the ass to farm.

Edit: pretty sweet and painless Kaiba farming on the last day of Spirit Ryu. Took me 12 battles (lost 3 I think due to D.D. Warrior and finished the rest with 6k points) to get my 3 Enemy Controllers. Got 800 Gate Keys left, but no cards to farm which I really want. I'm gonna miss the Cat Ear Tribe and Ryu decks. :<

cHinzo

6639 gems?

wut?
Didn't open any Age of Discovery packs. Don't have any Order to Charge yet and only gotten two Spirit Ryus from the Tyrant packs. Saving up for a new expansion for a long time now. &#128556; I only open packs if I see a card I really want (like that stupid Mirror Wall.) Saving gems for the rest of the time.

Used to play ranked with the Karate Man OTK with was cheap to make, until I got Mai's Harpie's Hunting Ground skill to drop. Now I'm playing a Relinquished Harpie deck, which doesn't require many cards from the packs.

KC Cup charms will also help a lot for my quest to 10k charms. &#128524;

A.J.

Banned
This is the second time I've lost a duel I had been dominating because someone used conscription to grab the Tyrant Dragon that happened to be on the top of my deck.

cHinzo

There is an exploit where people can play with only 5 cards in a deck (instead of the minimum of 20 cards). People are using Lord of D. with Flute of Summoning Dragon and double Blue Eyes for insta-wins or the Karate Man OTK. Hope Konami is gonna fix this shit soon.

There is an exploit where people can play with only 5 cards in a deck (instead of the minimum of 20 cards). People are using Lord of D. with Flute of Summoning Dragon and double Blue Eyes for insta-wins or the Karate Man OTK. Hope Konami is gonna fix this shit soon.

Dang that sounds awful. Been going on a good streak and the only trouble I've been having is Mako duelists with that Umi card. Lost 2 out of 10 duels but 8 wins with 5 in a row ain't so bad.

Been making adjustments to the deck as I see what works and what ended up being throw away cards. I really wish I had enemy controller. Should farm for it but meh at this point.

Top Bottom