• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yuji Naka supposedly Arrested

Is that true? Has Ace Attorney and Judgement lied to me!
It's not true. It's actually even higher at close to 100%.

IIRC those games don't really paint a different picture, though. Both of them treat a not guilty verdict as something that's absurdly rare. "Has never lost a case before facing Phoenix Wright" is essentially the default background for any AA prosecutor, and Yagami getting his client declated innocent at the start of Judgment is basically considered a miracle.

Crew511A

uF056jY.jpg

SCB3

It's not true. It's actually even higher at close to 100%.

IIRC those games don't really paint a different picture, though. Both of them treat a not guilty verdict as something that's absurdly rare. "Has never lost a case before facing Phoenix Wright" is essentially the default background for any AA prosecutor, and Yagami getting his client declated innocent at the start of Judgment is basically considered a miracle.
Thats insane to me! Then again I live in the UK, a country that puts Weed Possessors and protesters in Prison whilst racially motivated attacks get a fine so....

dave_d

Martha Steward as a multi-millionaire when she inside trader for more or less 20k profit, it doesn’t depend on the money you have.

He saw easy way to make money and was stupid to think this will not raise any red flags.
Martha stewart wasn't convicted of insider trading. She was convicted of, let me look it up on wikipedia

Stewart was found guilty in March 2004 of felony charges of conspiracy to obstruct, of obstruction of an agency proceeding, and of making false statements to federal investigators

Which I learned about from this

long story short, in the US never talk to the cops.(Because you can do that here. In other countries probably not.) If you haven't seen it(all 2 of you) please watch it, it's worth it.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
long story short, in the US never talk to the cops.(Because you can do that here. In other countries probably not.) If you haven't seen it(all 2 of you) please watch it, it's worth it.
Same probably in other countries, and a good rule in general. You have a right not to self-incriminate yourself.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Wow, I never knew that.

In 2004, Stewart was convicted of felony charges related to the ImClone stock trading case; she served five months in federal prison and was released in March 2005.

Martha stewart wasn't convicted of insider trading. She was convicted of, let me look it up on wikipedia
I found this:
Martha Stewart, the founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, also became embroiled in the scandal after it emerged that her broker, Peter Bacanovic, tipped her off that ImClone was about to drop. In response, Stewart sold about $230,000 in ImClone shares on December 27, 2001, a day before the announcement of the FDA decision. Stewart's involvement would have never come to light had Doug Faneuil, Bacanovic's assistant, not disclosed it to investigators.[1] Although Stewart maintained her innocence, she was found guilty and sentenced on July 16, 2004, to five months in prison, five months of home confinement, and two years' probation for lying about a stock sale, conspiracy, and obstruction of justice.

Sounds like a US legal system - smells insider trading, looks like insider trading, you are not convicted of insider trading. Lawyer money well spent.

dave_d

I found this:

Sounds like a US legal system - smells insider trading, looks like insider trading, you are not convicted of insider trading. Lawyer money well spent.
Well basically the video goes into it but they didn't have enough evidence to get an insider trading conviction. But they still wanted their pound of flesh and she had talked to the cops and that pretty much gave them all they needed to get her on something.(IE She would have walked if she hadn't talked.)

Japanese prosecutors have a 98% conviction rate.
He's fucked.
Most prosecutors do. Their figures include plea deals, which are technically successful prosecutions. And since mounting a legal defense is costly, most people take whatever deal a prosecutor will give them. I'd expect Naka-san will do just that to avoid a fuller criminal penalty.

Based on a quick conversion: the value of the alleged improper investment was $20k.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
2.8M Yen is about $20,000 US.

Even if the stock doubled or tripled on the news to $40,000 or $60,000, he's going to risk insider trading for the price of buying a new car?

Dont get me wrong, a crime is a crime. Bt if you're itching to get away with something at least do it going out big with a bang with something worth millions.

SumJester

Found on Twitter

Using google Translate:

Try to defend this one, Sonic Fans.
I know you needed this for your stale hate hard-on on Sonic.

But any fan worth their salt knows Yuji Naka is an asshole, so it's hardly surprising.
This the man who's consistently throws co-workers under the bus, to even the detriment of their health.

But i do commend you it takes balls to consistently bash Sonic with with an Prince of Persia avatar of all things, I tip my hat to you.

Last edited:

nikolino840

Holy shit. This is sad

But you know what I get more pissed about? Government people does this like all the time, and with money from the State. How many shows up and how many gets arrested?! Not much

Naka-san alone has already raised the statistics of low crime in Japan (I refer to those things that you read that Japan has a low crime rate) 😂

OuterLimits

[/URL]

I found this:

The FTX dude just scammed hundreds of millions from people and is actually getting sympathy from media and politicians.(that he donated millions to).

Many politicians themselves make a fortune on stock trades due to insider knowledge.

The big mistake Martha Stewart made apparently was not donating enough money to politicians.

This system is so fucked.

Top Bottom