• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yves Guillemot: Beyond Good & Evil 2 is "still on the way"

Zubz

Banned
I still think that Rumor about it being NX exclusive is gonna be a thing that's true.

And then Ubisoft is gonna say "fuck it" and make it multi platform anyway.

If it's the same time of deal that got Bayonetta 2 made, Ubi'd be locked into the NX. Honestly, I'm still expecting it at the NX launch, too, but I could easily be wrong.

silva1991

So pretty much NX exclusive and I'm fine with that

they can't outright announce the game with a trailer and gameplay when Nintendo still haven't revealed the NX.

Smellycat

The fact that Ubisoft forced Destructoid to take down the article, about it being exclusive for NX, is pretty telling.

My bet is that it is in the same boat as Bayonetta 2, funded by Nintendo --> exclusive

Lime

If it's the same time of deal that got Bayonetta 2 made, Ubi'd be locked into the NX. Honestly, I'm still expecting it at the NX launch, too, but I could easily be wrong.

Given the Vivendi problem, it wouldn't make financial sense to use development resources on a single platform game on a platform with a non-established base.

It's loss of financial opportunity and return of investment.

KingBroly

Banned
Given the Vivendi problem, it wouldn't make financial sense to use development resources on a single platform game on a platform with a non-established base.

It's loss of financial opportunity and return of investment.

People are saying Nintendo is funding development for it. That's why it'd be exclusive. IF it's true.

Ancel didn't show off anything today, so you have to wonder what they're doing.

ChaosXVI

If he really means that in any honest way, I'd say the NX rumor being true is the only way it's possible.

I mean...stranger things have happened.

Lime

People are saying Nintendo is funding development for it. That's why it'd be exclusive. IF it's true.

Ancel didn't show off anything today, so you have to wonder what they're doing.

Right, funding, but that doesn't mean significant return of investment, it only means that development costs are taken care of. Nintendo is not going to recoup Ubisoft money for missed opportunity costs.

Would setting the BGE2 employees to work on a game X for 1 platform with no installbase yield higher ROI than game Y on 4 platforms with already established installbases? Obviously not, and with Ubisoft being in the situation they're in with Vivendi, it wouldn't be good business practice to do have their development team do a console exclusive.

KingBroly

Banned
Right, funding, but that doesn't mean significant return of investment, it only means that development costs are taken care of.

Would setting the BGE2 employees to work on a game X for 1 platform with no installbase yield higher ROI than game Y on 4 platforms with already established installbases?

Ancel's team isn't big enough, nor do his games sell that much to push the needle significantly in Ubisoft's favor to wade off a takeover by Vivendi.

3yM1e25.jpg

Top Bottom