• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of the Wild Master Edition Revealed

Question about the language: does it have a language selector for the voices? Maybe switching the language of the console?

If it's possible, can you use a separate language for the subtitles/game texts?

This seems a wee bit off topic but I believe it was said at one point that it was all or nothing. Like, Japanese text/voice or English text/voice

So Best Buy is listing the SE as coming soon--its been as such for about a week or so. Are they waiting until the last minute or? I'd like to get on launch day if I had the chance to get one with my system from Walmart.

Vibed

So Best Buy is listing the SE as coming soon--its been as such for about a week or so. Are they waiting until the last minute or? I'd like to get on launch day if I had the chance to get one with my system from Walmart.

I really, really, hope. It's my one shot left at this after the Amazon fiasco.

On my credit card authorization transaction waiting to be processed i have 3 GS transactions. Two for the price of the Master Edition and one for $0

Yikes. I used a debit card to cover the price and was charged once already. I hope they don't try charging again cuz there's not enough to cover multiple transactions.

illusionary

On my credit card authorization transaction waiting to be processed i have 3 GS transactions. Two for the price of the Master Edition and one for $0

I have two, but with the second for £0. I'd assume that the £0 will just be removed once all clears through; not sure why you'd have the third, but I'm sure you can it removed if you do end up with a second charge.

Synless

Ok, so GameStop tried to charge my card twice this morning for my ME Zelda. My credit card thought it was fraudulent and denied both attempts. In the credit card email it asked me if I could verify the charge which I did... though it would not approve that request until it was attempted/put in again. Did I just lose my preorder? I tried to call GameStop customer care but was on hold for over an hour with no sign of getting through anytime soon.

Edit: I see I am not alone in this thread.

What is this email thing people are doing?

So just got a nowinstock.net alert for the SE at Walmart...clicked the link as soon as I got the alert...and its out of stock. Can't rely on NIS now. =/

Tyeforce

Do we know which retailers will be carrying stock of the Master Edition at launch, if any? I was hoping to be able to camp out for it, but I have no idea which retailer I should even try... I was hoping to try Toys "R" Us, but I'm afraid they're not even going to carry it (I don't believe they had online preorders at all, but they don't always put up preorders either).

antonz

Do we know which retailers will be carrying stock of the Master Edition at launch, if any? I was hoping to be able to camp out for it, but I have no idea which retailer I should even try... I was hoping to try Toys "R" Us, but I'm afraid they're not even going to carry it (I don't believe they had online preorders at all, but they don't always put up preorders either).

Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop were the only stores to offer the Master Edition and Gamestop was online only. Not sure if Best Buy offered it in Store. So I do not expect retail stores will be getting them

Tyeforce

Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop were the only stores to offer the Master Edition and Gamestop was online only. Not sure if Best Buy offered it in Store. So I do not expect retail stores will be getting them
Well, it would be extremely odd for physical stores to not get ANY stock of that edition. I can't recall a time that's ever really happened with a Nintendo special edition like this. I'm sure it will be extremely limited though, yeah. And even stores like Toys "R" Us and Target which didn't do online preorders could very well have in-store stock at launch, but I guess there's no confirmation of this either way yet?

jmizzal

Well, it would be extremely odd for physical stores to not get ANY stock of that edition. I can't recall a time that's ever really happened with a Nintendo special edition like this. I'm sure it will be extremely limited though, yeah. And even stores like Toys "R" Us and Target which didn't do online preorders could very well have in-store stock at launch, but I guess there's no confirmation of this either way yet?

The Master Edition was always extremely limited, Reggie even said live to preorder it cuz it will be gone after that. Besides the the Special Edition has everything from the Master Edition besides the Sword, I think it will be available in store at launch.

poutmeter

I thought the hype would convince me to keep my Amazon ME pre-order, but I guess I'll be sticking with the SE only. I hope they don't charge me until the ship it on Mar 9th.

illusionary

My Gamestop ME still says "Open" on the order... I paid for One-Day, is this thing not going to show up on launch day? :(

Mine's also still sitting at "open", despite having been charged a few days ago. I know that I'll not be getting mine for Friday, as an international buyer, but their help pages suggest that you should receive it on time.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/tradecenter/Nintendo Switch Help Page.pdf

Has anyone at all had dispatch notification yet?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Unboxing of ME (Spanish). What's cool is that the actual game case itself supplied in the ME doesn't have the esrb rating logo on the cover (shown at 8:40). The coin also is slightly different from the e3 2016 coin.

https://youtu.be/Cuy4CR5Oe6M

Pllleaaase be the same on the German version, imma buy it from a friend who only wants the sword statue lol

mcmudman

Neo Member
Masters Edition set to "shipping today" and the console is "not yet shipped" on Amazon. Both are set for "arriving friday" but c'mon amazon ship me my goodies, why you teasing?!!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
TLOZ BOTW Master Edition has shipped and is in transit for arrival on Friday :D

Switch shipment is still pending, but arriving Friday as well haha

Roge_NES

shipped from amazon
12927653.jpg

Just heard from my sister that her friend that works at Amazon is having to back out of an excursion they had planned for next week because "Nintendo is fucking things up"

My guess is Nintendo cut back on their final number

ktroopa

Ok, so GameStop tried to charge my card twice this morning for my ME Zelda. My credit card thought it was fraudulent and denied both attempts. In the credit card email it asked me if I could verify the charge which I did... though it would not approve that request until it was attempted/put in again. Did I just lose my preorder? I tried to call GameStop customer care but was on hold for over an hour with no sign of getting through anytime soon.

Edit: I see I am not alone in this thread.

What is this email thing people are doing?

Do you have the number for gamestop plz. Similar position here, charge was pending since sunday but has now disappeared. Not sure wots going on :(

illusionary

Do you have the number for gamestop plz. Similar position here, charge was pending since sunday but has now disappeared. Not sure wots going on :(

And me too - I hadn't realised yesterday that the charge had just disappeared. Is there anything unusual about your order? I'm concerned that some complication may have come up with mine as it's for shipping to the UK.

I'm currently on hold with 1 (800) 883-8895, which I believe is their customer services number.

Edit: on hold for 40 minutes so far... I think that I may need to do this by email. I've also spoken with my credit card company and they've confirmed that while the payment no longer shows on my online account status page, it's fully authorised and is now waiting for Gamestop to "claim" the payment - which they have until Saturday to do.

Edit 2: got through after about 1 hour - all had gone through and it's just waiting to be picked and shipped today; the charge to my card should also be completed today. So, hopefully all's set for it to arrive - though of course, not until net week now.

ktroopa

And me too - I hadn't realised yesterday that the charge had just disappeared. Is there anything unusual about your order? I'm concerned that some complication may have come up with mine as it's for shipping to the UK.

I'm currently on hold with 1 (800) 883-8895, which I believe is their customer services number.

Edit: on hold for 40 minutes so far... I think that I may need to do this by email. I've also spoken with my credit card company and they've confirmed that while the payment no longer shows on my online account status page, it's fully authorised and is now waiting for Gamestop to "claim" the payment - which they have until Saturday to do.

Edit 2: got through after about 1 hour - all had gone through and it's just waiting to be picked and shipped today; the charge to my card should also be completed today. So, hopefully all's set for it to arrive - though of course, not until net week now.

thanks for the info mate, im in the UK too and the same situation has happened to me. i cant see any reference to the charge online in my bank account though the order still says open on gamestop.com. glad to hear you got yours sorted, seems identical to my order. fingers crossed!

Amazon.

Switch shipped yesterday.

Zelda has not shipped. Still says it's coming tomorrow.

When I called Amazon, they said, "They don't have it yet and that's why it hasn't shipped."

KevinG

I've noticed, increasingly, Amazon customer support has no idea what they're talking about and can just do basic things with your order and give you credit. As far as knowing specifics about your order, they're clueless.

ameleco

Amazon.

Switch shipped yesterday.

Zelda has not shipped. Still says it's coming tomorrow.

When I called Amazon, they said, "They don't have it yet and that's why it hasn't shipped."

That sounds great. Explains why my master's edition hasn't shipped yet. I hope I don't miss out on it :(

Top Bottom