Zelda: Ocarina Of Time Livestream Tonight With Eiji Aonuma [Over]

I figured some people would probably be interested in this.

AndriaSang said:
See Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D and Eiji Aonuma Live Tonight!
Famitsu featuring upcoming 3DS title on live Nico Nico Video program.
Posted on 06.01.2011 at 14:58, by Anoop Gantayat

Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D and Nintendo producer Eiji Aonuma are appearing on tonight's broadcast of Famitsu Live. They'll be joined by these two clowns:

Comedy group Kirin, consisting of Akira Kawashima and Hiroshi Tamura (I don't know which is which), will speak to Aonuma about the 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time, which is due for release on June 16. Famitsu is even promising some development secrets.

I'm going to assume there will be some gameplay footage as well, so tune in at 20:00! You can watch at Famitsu's Nico Nico Video Channel.
Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/01/zelda_and_aonuma_live/

Your guess as to the timezone he's referring to is as good as mine.

nckillthegrimace said:
Well, I'm going to presume he's talking about 8:00 (20:00) in Japan and Google tells me it's 4:00 (16:00) in Japan right now, so this will start in about four hours from now?
 

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
May 9, 2009
45,856
0
985
Nice! Will watch, thank you.
 

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jan 29, 2008
36,153
0
0
Australia
Nirolak said:
Your guess as to the timezone he's referring to is as good as mine.
Japan time, of course.
 
Jul 7, 2010
12,419
0
600
Well, I'm going to presume he's talking about 8:00 (20:00) in Japan and Google tells me it's 4:00 (16:00) in Japan right now, so this will start in about four hours from now?
 

Big One

Banned
Sep 8, 2009
10,432
1
0
Any chance for something like Skyward Sword footage? Of course apparently we might see it on GTTV tonight
 

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sep 12, 2010
37,302
0
0
29
Canada
Big One said:
Any chance for something like Skyward Sword footage? Of course apparently we might see it on GTTV tonight
?

You mean tomorrow. (Or is it Friday?)
 

Big One

Banned
Sep 8, 2009
10,432
1
0
BY2K said:
?

You mean tomorrow. (Or is it Friday?)
Mybad I meant tomorrow. Yeah the next GTTV episode apparently has a few pre-E3 trailers and possibly a Skyward Sword demo (according to Geoff's twitter)
 

Rich!

Member
Dec 16, 2009
29,978
2
0
Ahoi-Brause said:
Aonuma is a clown so he fits right in.
What is up with you and your apparent hate for Aonuma's team? From the LTTP thread:

Ahoi-Brause said:
Those assclowns!

I'm raging so hard at the iwata asks for twilight princess!

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/twilight_princess/



And yet they limit the number of goats to 24.

Those people are completely incompetent.

No wonder miyamoto flipped over their tea table.
Ahoi-Brause said:
The iwata asks about twilight princess confirms the suspicion I had about the people being in charge for zelda now being completely incompetent.


Yeah, zelda is all about formulaic puzzledesign. barf

Instead of making it like the original lttp team who innovated and spend a lot of time thinking about how the game feels and how the player will react to it those people are only interested about working in their own, formulaic, backwards little world where everything is the same with a little difference.
Fuck them.
 

GAF A60-Rim A

Banned
May 2, 2011
738
0
0
watching now

talking about the world flipped left-handed and right-handed ie master quest vs original - beaten!
 

Ahoi-Brause

Banned
Mar 7, 2011
1,535
0
0
richisawesome said:
What is up with you and your apparent hate for Aonuma's team? From the LTTP thread:
I think Aonuma is a total failure, incompetent and has no idea about gamedesign. That's also the reason why he's not moving up the ladder like anyone else in his position before did.

Also he hates the freedom zelda 1 provided, as stated in some interview and from his first sfc game it is obvious all the bad traits in zelda today are his fault.
Marvelous, his gamedesign debut, was an innovative zelda ripoff with gimmicky mechanics and the first thing the game did was to trap you in a tent until you clicked through all the tutorial bullshit the game tries to force down your throat.
The man has no idea of natural gamedesign.

Start lttp and see how natural the progression from start to the first dungeon is and the way hyrule castle works as a tutorial, without you actually noticing it.
The game takes about 20 seconds to throw you into the action and it feels good and has a sense of urgency behind it all and the progression is very fluent.

OoT dwells in that incestous peter pan village far too long and you got no sense of adventure and drive when you're doing mundane tasks for a bunch of creepy freaks.
WW and TP made the forced tutorial start even worse and degenerated the game mechanics into drab repetition. The dungeons in 3D zeldas are just not fun anymore because you are just repeating the same shit over and over. They even admit that in the Iwata asks about TP. You don't feel like exploring a world anymore, you feel like grinding insultingly stupid puzzles in a videogame designed by people with no imagination who got a checklist with things to include but no idea what they are actually doing.

It's just my personal oppinion but I think aonuma does not get zelda, is too mechanical in his thinking and traps the zelda series in the N64 era.
Maybe they should give him some other project and bring back tezuka to fix zelda.

I really loved all the zelda games up to OoT and was severly disappointed by the way nintendo handles the franchise now and the more interviews with aonuma I read the more I came to the conclusion that he is the one to blame for the sorry state of zelda today - maybe other people who started with OoT or who aren't as passionate about 2D zelda as I am will see things different but this is the way I see them and I'm just sharing them with the world.
 

Desiato

Member
Jun 26, 2009
1,962
0
0
Fukuoka
I just got kicked out, because I'm not a premium member...

The weren't talking about anything new, so I guess it's alright. And the "Zelda geijin" were annoying as fuck.
 

Rich!

Member
Dec 16, 2009
29,978
2
0
Ahoi-Brause said:
I think Aonuma is a total failure, incompetent and has no idea about gamedesign. That's also the reason why he's not moving up the ladder like anyone else in his position before did.

Also he hates the freedom zelda 1 provided, as stated in some interview and from his first sfc game it is obvious all the bad traits in zelda today are his fault.
Marvelous, his gamedesign debut, was an innovative zelda ripoff with gimmicky mechanics and the first thing the game did was to trap you in a tent until you clicked through all the tutorial bullshit the game tries to force down your throat.
The man has no idea of natural gamedesign.

Start lttp and see how natural the progression from start to the first dungeon is and the way hyrule castle works as a tutorial, without you actually noticing it.
The game takes about 20 seconds to throw you into the action and it feels good and has a sense of urgency behind it all and the progression is very fluent.

OoT dwells in that incestous peter pan village far too long and you got no sense of adventure and drive when you're doing mundane tasks for a bunch of creepy freaks.
WW and TP made the forced tutorial start even worse and degenerated the game mechanics into drab repetition. The dungeons in 3D zeldas are just not fun anymore because you are just repeating the same shit over and over. They even admit that in the Iwata asks about TP. You don't feel like exploring a world anymore, you feel like grinding insultingly stupid puzzles in a videogame designed by people with no imagination who got a checklist with things to include but no idea what they are actually doing.

It's just my personal oppinion but I think aonuma does not get zelda, is too mechanical in his thinking and traps the zelda series in the N64 era.
Maybe they should give him some other project and bring back tezuka to fix zelda.

I really loved all the zelda games up to OoT and was severly disappointed by the way nintendo handles the franchise now and the more interviews with aonuma I read the more I came to the conclusion that he is the one to blame for the sorry state of zelda today - maybe other people who started with OoT or who aren't as passionate about 2D zelda as I am will see things different but this is the way I see them and I'm just sharing them with the world.
However, your argument fails due to the fact that Majora's Mask exists. End of discussion.
 

Aeana

Member
Jul 10, 2006
42,062
0
0
Done watching, but I sure am looking forward to playing this. Only a couple of weeks now.
 

Big One

Banned
Sep 8, 2009
10,432
1
0
Ahoi-Brause said:
I think Aonuma is a total failure, incompetent and has no idea about gamedesign. That's also the reason why he's not moving up the ladder like anyone else in his position before did.

Also he hates the freedom zelda 1 provided, as stated in some interview and from his first sfc game it is obvious all the bad traits in zelda today are his fault.
Marvelous, his gamedesign debut, was an innovative zelda ripoff with gimmicky mechanics and the first thing the game did was to trap you in a tent until you clicked through all the tutorial bullshit the game tries to force down your throat.
The man has no idea of natural gamedesign.

Start lttp and see how natural the progression from start to the first dungeon is and the way hyrule castle works as a tutorial, without you actually noticing it.
The game takes about 20 seconds to throw you into the action and it feels good and has a sense of urgency behind it all and the progression is very fluent.

OoT dwells in that incestous peter pan village far too long and you got no sense of adventure and drive when you're doing mundane tasks for a bunch of creepy freaks.
WW and TP made the forced tutorial start even worse and degenerated the game mechanics into drab repetition. The dungeons in 3D zeldas are just not fun anymore because you are just repeating the same shit over and over. They even admit that in the Iwata asks about TP. You don't feel like exploring a world anymore, you feel like grinding insultingly stupid puzzles in a videogame designed by people with no imagination who got a checklist with things to include but no idea what they are actually doing.

It's just my personal oppinion but I think aonuma does not get zelda, is too mechanical in his thinking and traps the zelda series in the N64 era.
Maybe they should give him some other project and bring back tezuka to fix zelda.

I really loved all the zelda games up to OoT and was severly disappointed by the way nintendo handles the franchise now and the more interviews with aonuma I read the more I came to the conclusion that he is the one to blame for the sorry state of zelda today - maybe other people who started with OoT or who aren't as passionate about 2D zelda as I am will see things different but this is the way I see them and I'm just sharing them with the world.
There is so many problems with this it's ridiculous.

1. Aonuma isn't responsible for Ocarina of Time, he only designed the dungeons/puzzles.
2. Marvelous is in - no way - similar to modern Zelda games. Stop listening to Sean Malstrom he has no idea what the fuck he's talking about.
3. If you think games like TP and TWW are repetitive you must hate games like the original Zelda games, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time.
4. Tezuka never left Zelda
5. Puzzles have been a mainstay in the franchise since A Link to the Past and are better than before, despite your ridiculous claims.
 

Rich!

Member
Dec 16, 2009
29,978
2
0
Also, look at Majora's Mask. No handholding in that - you're thrown straight into this town, with a giant moon above you. You have 3 days left, GO. That's it. And it's awesome.

Everything about the game is more inventive than Link's Awakening, LTTP and Ocarina of Time put together, and Aunoma was the director.
 

D-Pad

Member
Apr 21, 2007
3,578
0
0
Metro Atlanta
Ahoi-Brause said:
OoT dwells in that incestous peter pan village far too long and you got no sense of adventure and drive when you're doing mundane tasks for a bunch of creepy freaks.
I assume you're talking about Majora's Mask here, but that's what made the game so great for me. Each side quest let you see the town in a new perspective, and it never felt like you were running the same path twice.