• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | New Trailer - Amiibo and Collector's Edition announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

The Collector's Edition will be priced at $129.99

FoepjUaaAAImjHD
FoepiLGaYAAEsQM

Digital Pre Order Page ($69.99)

4o6q4z1pn1ha1.jpg

Last edited:

H-I-M

BOTW sold over 20 million copies, that's more than many AAA can ever dream of, and yet this looked...underwhelming.
No graphical improvement (yeah yeah Switch, it has still been 6 years), same map (so far), same enemies (so far). Either they need to do better with their marketing, or this game looks like it might disappoint.

noise36

Looks like an expansion pack but I loved the first playing together with my kid, will do the same again.

At the same time Nintendo is a joke, switch is a joke, treat their customers like crap, could do so much better with their IP.

Last edited:

Laieon

Nothing I've seen for Tears of the Kingdom suggests to me that it wasn't initially intended, at least very early in development, to be DLC for BOTW. I'm really not sold yet on this being an entirely new game (despite it being in development for as long as it has) and my enjoyment of it ultimately depends on it having actual dungeons and more enemy variety.

At this point I'm more excited for the port of Minish Cap, because that's one of the few Zelda titles I haven't gotten around to playing.

Last edited:

RCU005

It might be too early to judge, but it seems like there will not be dungeons.

Disappointed they haven’t shown new enemies. They need to make a Zelda direct or have a better trailer.

Zelda saying “Lend me your power” has to mean that she will be playable.

Hard to get excited for this based on the trailer. I mean I’m sure it will be fantastic but it just looked like dlc for the first game. Same enemies, same locations, same graphics….

Isn’t this the longest time between new Zelda’s as well?

LordOfChaos

Trailer looks good...But I do wish we had some better official hardware to run it on. As it stands a Steam Deck will rofflestomp the native Switch on resolution and AA/AF filtering, even through an emulators penalty.

Last edited:

Power Pro

This trailer felt like Nintendo is just resting on their laurels...like, they don't think they need to try because people will buy anyway. Which is probably true sadly, but it does very little to get me excited, and I loved BotW. I just don't see anything that's making me think "oh wow! amazing, i must get it!"...not at all. It's boring. Why does it have to be this way? If you're this close to release, show what's interesting about the damn game.

Lethal01

Looks amazing, super hyped for what seems to be vehicle crafting, something I kept trying to make happen in the first games physics system..

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom