• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZeniMax Files Trademark For Something Called "Hi-Fi Rush"

Bullet Club

Fallout, Elder Scrolls Company Files Trademark For Something Called "Hi-Fi Rush"​

Is Hi-Fi Rush the name of a new Bethesda game? A new trademark filing might point to a future release.

ZeniMax, the parent company of Bethesda which is in the process of being acquired by Microsoft, has filed a trademark application for what could be a new game.

On December 21, 2020, ZeniMax filed a trademark for something called "Hi-Fi Rush." The description states that it could be "mobile application software" with online capabilities. The trademark filing also mentions PC and consoles. However, there are no further details on what the game might be, if it even is a game.

ZeniMax/Bethesda has yet to officially announce a project called Hi-Fi Rush, and its existence in a trademark filing does not guarantee it will ever become a product. That being said, sometimes trademark filings can point to future releases. As an example, ZeniMax filed the trademark for Starfield back in 2013 before the game was eventually announced at E3 in 2018.

Whatever the case, 2021 is expected to be a very important year for ZeniMax/Bethesda. Microsoft's deal to acquire the company is expected to close in the second half of Microsoft's fiscal year, after which we may finally learn more about the company's future pipeline, including The Elder Scrolls VI, Starfield, and whatever else the developer may be cooking up.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has said that he cannot legally discuss the future for Bethesda's games until Microsoft's deal closes.

The $7.5 billion that Microsoft paid to acquire Bethesda represents the second-largest gaming acquisition in history, only behind Tencent's $8.6 billion acquisition of Clash of Clans developer Supercell.

A big question many have about future Bethesda games is if they will be released on consoles and platforms that rival Microsoft's. Spencer has said the deals that were already in place for games that have been announced will be honored, but the future is less certain. Publishing arrangements for specific titles will be determined on a case-by-case basis, Spencer has stated.

Source: Gamespot

Is this gonna be a new guitar hero-like game? I’ve been missing rock band and guitar hero a lot these days.

sadly, may well be it

there was a recent leak about id Software making a new VR game that's all about gore and multiplayer

we initially thought it might be Doom or Quake, but this title may be it and it may well be a competitor to Beat Saber - the megapopular VR equivalent to Guitar Hero, the one game John Carmack is obsessed nowadays.

if it is, VR is done. It's doomed to be that thing you put on your head to play BS dancing minigames forever.

and some say gaming isn't going downhill Lol

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The Xbox exclusives begins.
Patrick Stewart Reaction GIF

Andodalf

Banned
Zenimax has a studio that does mobile games don’t they?

Doubt it has anything to do with Bethesda.

They own these guys:

One of the Bethesda sub studios makes the BGS ones. I think it might be Austin?

But yea this could absolutely be that studio working on this instead

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
One of the Bethesda sub studios makes the BGS ones. I think it might be Austin?

But yea this could absolutely be that studio working on this instead

Yeah my main point is that Zenimax has a lot of studios .

A lot of comments surrounding them seem to only revolve around Bethesda the game dev. We already know they have 2 huge projects going on. This is very unlikely to be related to them. Zenimax / Bethesda the “publisher” of a lot more than Bethesda the RPG dev.

Last edited:
Top Bottom