• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZeniMax: Palmer Luckey knowingly lied about creating VR, used stolen code & resources

Nairume

Banned
You're at work, but they haven't given you anything to do at that moment, so you're just sitting in your office waiting. It happens. :p
Then you should be smart enough to just find a way to remember your idea to work on it when you aren't on company time and risk running into legal shit like that.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So we hoping Facebook bankrolls the counter-sue and rips Zenimax into tiny little bits a la Gawker?

Doesnt matter, if he even wrote one line of code while at work for it Zenimax owns it

No one is disputing that the code he wrote for Doom 3 is owned by Zenimax. That code, basically mapped an imu to Doom 3 controller inputs. That code was not reused by Oculus at all as far as we know. That IMU was not in the DK1.

Nothing from his Doom 3 work is in the Oculus SDK as far as we know.

doemaaan

I'm a little late to this one. Sorry for the bump, but this is hella interesting and I can't find that much more development online. What peaks my curiosity is the line about Carmack waddling back into Zenimax to steal a customized VR tool. I mean, they had to have caught him on camera right??

I'm a little late to this one. Sorry for the bump, but this is hella interesting and I can't find that much more development online. What peaks my curiosity is the line about Carmack waddling back into Zenimax to steal a customized VR tool. I mean, they had to have caught him on camera right??

Who knows if the id office has external/lobby cameras to catch him going in to do the act, if this is true. I find all this really hard to believe as I honestly don't think he seems at all malicious, and he's surely got more business sense than this?

Who knows if the id office has external/lobby cameras to catch him going in to do the act, if this is true. I find all this really hard to believe as I honestly don't think he seems at all malicious, and he's surely got more business sense than this?

They definitely have cameras. And they log EVERYTHING that occurs on their network. If it happened they have evidence.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Thread title should focus more that industry legend Carmack is stealing work from his previous employer, really.

By the way, thats something fairly standard practice, but when somebody as big and notable as Carmack gets caught doing it ... thats pretty embarrassing.

L Thammy

I don't see how Luckey being alt-right affects this. It doesn't make him a liar, it makes him an asshole. People still trust Donald Trump, and in fact, some people trust him specifically because he's willing to say horrible shit.

I don't see how Luckey being alt-right affects this. It doesn't make him a liar, it makes him an asshole. People still trust Donald Trump, and in fact, some people trust him specifically because he's willing to say horrible shit.

It makes people question his character. Definitely not a good look.

Top Bottom