• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma: first trailer released [3DS and Vita 6/28, Steam TBA]

grim-tales

I'm a bit wary of the cinematic stuff. After a while it'll just be normal to me, I guess (walking dead s1 for instance) but one if the reason I like visual novels so much is because the action I imagine, powered by words, if always more exciting

I agree with you here, I havent played the Walking Dead games, but 999 and VLR did an excellent job of describing what was happening with words, imo. That was part of what made them great VN. I hope ZTD retains some of this at least

Jintor

Like, I think there is an appreciable difference between reading a visual novel and watching a really long cutscene.

Maybe being in control of the pacing and 'camera', in a sense.

maybe it's as simple as the difference between reading and watching tv...

Jintor

Also i don't think this image is too spoilery without context but the article is fascinating

9994.png

Bowlie

Banned
Also i don't think this image is too spoilery without context but the article is fascinating

Whoa, that's how I've always seen the meaning of the playthroughs, but it was very interesting to see them being approached this way, taking the player's agency into account. The interpretation of the ending blew my mind a bit.

I have a friend playing through it right now (he's giving me his theories after each room, all wrong) and I'll definitely send him this later.

This is like me and Survivor. These days I spend quite some time rewatching the first episodes of the seasons that I have become 100% with my winner predictions after the premiere. It kinda ruins the season when you analyse it to the point of seeing through the mystery.

I think the only theory I've really thought much about for ZTD is regarding Carlos... you probably know what I mean... I'm almost positive it's true but I hope he means there are lots of other surprises.
Quoting because I'm still curious about this theory...does anyone know it and care to share with me? Thanks.

Shahed

Is this definitely digital only in Europe? That's what I thought but it's available for preorder on Amazon UK. Now the Vita version being there isn't really that surprising since an import from America will work fine, but the 3DS version is also listed. Won't that mean people might buy a game that won't work on their device due to region locking? That is if it is in fact an import, but I've never seen imports available for preorder and guaranteed launch date delivery.

Made me think if they decided to reconsider on a retail release for Europe.

saturnine

Anyone knows about the validity of the limited edition preorders regarding international shipping? Mine is still there but when I go to the product page amazon says they can't ship it to me. I fear they might cancel it out of the blue when we get closer to the release date.

Is this definitely digital only in Europe? That's what I thought but it's available for preorder on Amazon UK. Now the Vita version being there isn't really that surprising since an import from America will work fine, but the 3DS version is also listed. Won't that mean people might buy a game that won't work on their device due to region locking? That is if it is in fact an import, but I've never seen imports available for preorder and guaranteed launch date delivery.

Made me think if they decided to reconsider on a retail release for Europe.

I've still got my preorder from Amazon uk but they've been taking orders before any details were confirmed so they are probably out of date. Still hoping they might reconsider.

Anyone knows about the validity of the limited edition preorders regarding international shipping? Mine is still there but when I go to the product page amazon says they can't ship it to me. I fear they might cancel it out of the blue when we get closer to the release date.
I'm from Germany and I have the same problem. I might contact Amazon and ask them about it.

I would be really pissed if they would cancel my limited edition.

I'm from Germany and I have the same problem. I might contact Amazon and ask them about it.

If you could do that that would be gread, I'm from Germeny as well and I fear the day Amazon takes my money but refuses shipping the Limited Edition because of shenanigans.

takoyaki

If you could do that that would be gread, I'm from Germeny as well and I fear the day Amazon takes my money but refuses shipping the Limited Edition because of shenanigans.

Don’t worry, I’ve had the same thing happen with other orders from amazon.com over the years, especially with limited editions. It says that the game will ship internationally while the game is in stock, but then it changes either when there aren’t many units left in stock or after they have run out. Same thing happened yesterday with the PSVR units on amazon.com.

Again, this exact thing has happened to me a few times now and amazon always shipped it after taking the order. Just be sure to not make any changes to the order, that’s the only way it might get canceled.

grim-tales

I noticed the same thing saying it wont get shipped, but it says the Standard Edition does ship to my country (UK), weird :s
Maybe they say that because the LE is out of stock.

saturnine

Don’t worry, I’ve had the same thing happen with other orders from amazon.com over the years, especially with limited editions. It says that the game will ship internationally while the game is in stock, but then it changes either when there aren’t many units left in stock or after they have run out. Same thing happened yesterday with the PSVR units on amazon.com.

Again, this exact thing has happened to me a few times now and amazon always shipped it after taking the order. Just be sure to not make any changes to the order, that’s the only way it might get canceled.

Well that's a relief to hear. Cheers!
Might have something to do with rules privileging us citizens when stocks are lows, don't know. But it is pretty strange.

takoyaki

I changed my shipping method a couple times... Fuck

If the order is still in your account/their system, you're good. I used a gift card to pay off my preorder a few days ago, that worked without a problem as well. Just don't try to combine it with other items/delete items you ordered in the same order as ZTD if you want to be 100% sure that it doesn't get canceled.

So, an interesting thing regarding the
Phi/Dog
theory.

First thing, I don't support this theory, nor the Phi is Sigma's daughter. They are both plausible seeing how Uchikoshi works, but we'll see. What I'm about to say is more for lolz.
Do you remember Hal from 2001 A Space Odyssey? His name was made by moving IBM's letters back one spot.
What if the same is for Phi and Gab?
Technically, if you use the english alphabet, it doesn't match, Phi -7 results in Iab, which is still very close. If you use the ancient latin alphabet, which was lacking the letter J, you get Hab.
The only way to make it work is the Italian alphabet, which is the only latin alphabet (that I'm aware of) that lacks both K and J (making it ABCDEFGHILMNOP.......)
So, if you do Phi -7 in Italian alphabet, you get Gab. Inversely, Gab +7 is exactly Phi.
Coincidence? :p

Thank you for confirming this. I can rest easy now (until I forget it again).

Phi/Dog
theory.

First thing, I don't support this theory, nor the Phi is Sigma's daughter
This makes me wanna fall in lesbians with you.

Just the hat? He needs the full mask!
Just in case the fella reconsiders:

98f620ab52.png

Hey, so I'm going to do a small interview with the people at SCRAP LA about the Zero Escape escape room. Anyone have any questions they would like me to ask? Going to send my questions in in the next few days.

Also, you should play their current game, Escape from Time Travel Lab. Just played it tonight. It's pretty fun.

Anyone else have any questions? Gonna send them off tonight after work.

grim-tales

I really, really hope this "no novel sections" part is sorted out. Surely that was a big part of made the stories what they were? They're VN not interactive movies! At least allow us to advance cutscenes at our own pace when playing.

Shahed

I've still got my preorder from Amazon uk but they've been taking orders before any details were confirmed so they are probably out of date. Still hoping they might reconsider.
Yeah I ordered from Amazon as well but also sent them a message detailing the issue. They appear to understand where I'm coming from and said they'd contact the seller/publisher. Instead of the usual 24h turnaround they said it might take a couple weeks due to the situation but they'd let me know. I'll see where it goes because I'd rather buy a local version instead if importing. It's not like VLR which lacked English Audio.

Guyzzzzz so excited for this !!

As a preparation, do you know :

- Where I can find a guide to do the most efficient (re)play of VLR ? I have limited time but would like to replay the game before this comes out.

- Whee I can find a good summary of 999 ? Does not have the game anymore...

Thx !

I really, really hope this "no novel sections" part is sorted out. Surely that was a big part of made the stories what they were? They're VN not interactive movies! At least allow us to advance cutscenes at our own pace when playing.

Deflated my hype to be quite honest. Will be easy to wait. Not feeling all that hyped for anything really (personal shit), but yeah this is veering a bit far from what I wanted ZTD to be.

Joyful

Phi/Dog
theory.

First thing, I don't support this theory, nor the Phi is Sigma's daughter. They are both plausible seeing how Uchikoshi works, but we'll see. What I'm about to say is more for lolz.
Do you remember Hal from 2001 A Space Odyssey? His name was made by moving IBM's letters back one spot.
What if the same is for Phi and Gab?
Technically, if you use the english alphabet, it doesn't match, Phi -7 results in Iab, which is still very close. If you use the ancient latin alphabet, which was lacking the letter J, you get Hab.
The only way to make it work is the Italian alphabet, which is the only latin alphabet (that I'm aware of) that lacks both K and J (making it ABCDEFGHILMNOP.......)
So, if you do Phi -7 in Italian alphabet, you get Gab. Inversely, Gab +7 is exactly Phi.
Coincidence? :p

not bad man

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Deflated my hype to be quite honest. Will be easy to wait. Not feeling all that hyped for anything really (personal shit), but yeah this is veering a bit far from what I wanted ZTD to be.
My worst fear is that this game will fall victim to trying to appeal to everyone (due to corporate pressure) and end up appealing to no one.

Nothing will stop me from getting it day 1 as the series deserves that, but depending on how this goes it will definitely affect my support going forward.

My worst fear is that this game will fall victim to trying to appeal to everyone (due to corporate pressure) and end up appealing to no one.

Nothing will stop me from getting it day 1 as the series deserves that, but depending on how this goes it will definitely affect my support going forward.

I am worried ZTD will be "too Western", and will try to cater to a new audience's tastes- I really didn't want that since I wanted ZTD to focus on tying up loose ends from previous games maybe even more so than the new cast and the new Nonary Game. I'm not liking the Telltale-esque approach to storytelling. I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if we can't advance the dialogue at our own pace. I'm also worried the game will focus too much on violence and not enough sci-fi (stuff like hexadecimals and digital root from 999, Laws of Robotics and Schrödinger's Cat from VLR).

Overall I don't think I'm feeling ZTD, but that might just be because of the personal slump I'm in right now.

Lusankya

Guyzzzzz so excited for this !!

As a preparation, do you know :

- Where I can find a guide to do the most efficient (re)play of VLR ? I have limited time but would like to replay the game before this comes out.

There really is no most efficient way to play VLR, just play as you like and use the flow chart to its fullest.

You can use this to choose a route without scenario locks: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/641334-zero-escape-virtues-last-reward/faqs/65172?print=1

Top Bottom