• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

This isn't trending on any social media sites. You'd think the dev of a well-known indie game killing themself would be big news :/
Because if it did, then game developers will make sure to stay the hell away from Zoe Quinn and she (and "gaming journalists") can't have that.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
VxGce3g.png

this is what a sack of shit looks like

I'm no fan of what goes on over there, but to be fair this particular poster was permabanned for this post.

Last edited:

Hey Blinkin

This is awful. Despite what he may or may not have done, social media justice has gotten way out of hand.

From what I recall, she even said he'd apologized for his actions and she'd forgiven him.

What purpose then did it serve to call upon the rabid social media warriors to attack him further?

She had to have known that this would at the very least ruin his life. I can't imagine she thought this would have been the result.

I'm sympathetic to her alleged abuse, but I honestly hope this weighs on her conscience for a very long time.

Nydus

for anyone that didn't see this TED talk yet. I wish you should.
And no longer support that shit stain website called twitter,

really stop delete your account. Don't give those fucks breathing room.

VxGce3g.png

this is what a sack of shit looks like

Nice video, thank you!

oagboghi2

Wow, I'm honestly shocked at just what I'm seeing right now.

resetera is still going on about this guy being a rapist though they have literally zero f****** proof.

Even now, link up the reset error thread their biggest concern is " oh I hope this doesn't backlash onto Zoe." Really! That is their biggest concern? Zoe's reputation? Im fucking blown away.

It's amazing how much influence this f****** grifter has. She has never accomplished anything besides lie on her back, and now this.

I need to take a fucking walk

Last edited:

Achelexus

She deleted her twitter account because she knows that egging someone into suicide is a criminal offence.

If you can, try to find archived tweets that incriminate her, and report them to the police. I've watched this woman get away with this kind of crap for the better part of a decade, please get her to be jailed this time.

Nikodemos

She's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, is she? If Holowka really had mental issues, like he did claim repeatedly, and had suicidal ideations, like he did claim repeatedly, confronting him was a really fucking bad idea. It's almost a rerun of the whole Etika fuckup.
And her deactivating her twitter is just the turdlet on top of the heap of elephant shit. At the very least she could have shown the intestinal fortitude to brave the broadside of accusations.

Hopefully this cools the jets of some overzealous young women. I'll say it here, even though many of them will never read this since this forum is considered cancer: you not liking that the guy could have had you fired for not having sex with him is not the same as rape. You slinging accusations can have repercussions greater than 'just' having a guy thrown out of a company and ostracised.
And for industry newbies: you need to learn that sometimes taking the high road, not accepting sex with your boss, or your boss's pal, can get you tossed out on your ass from the company. This shit tends to happen in companies with rigid seniority.
Getting tossed out on your ass for not offering sexual favors to a senior is a) not a bad thing; b) not a career-ender. Pretty much every single one of the women who now accuse had (at the time of the incident) this twisted view that their gaming careers would have been dead-ended if they refused. Even if that were to have been true, it is merely a trade-off one has to accept, or not.
I know my ethics system is extremely harsh, but people simply need to own their fuckups. Everybody is the maker of their own shipwreck. Being blacklisted from gaming companies for refusing to fuck a senior is just something which can happen, if said senior is an asshole (which, I'll admit, is more often the case than not). People get blacklisted from the gaming industry all the time, and just move on to software dev, web dev, advertising, etc., regardless of how passionate they were for games. Think of all the people who got stonewalled out of the gaming industry after getting a reputation for refusing to do crunch. They also got fucked, only just mentally, in their case.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Thanks for being the biggest cunt in the industry. Honestly how many things in gaming has she ruined?
That's not counting the guy she bullied into killing himself.

Yeah im "victim blaming". Do something.

Last edited:

The_Dkmariolink

Neo Member
If I worked in the indie game scene, I would do my absolute hardest to never get involved with Zoe or anyone even closely or loosely tied with her.

They are out for blood, I'd imagine "refusing to work with them" or "looking at them the wrong way" will be enough for Twitter to have a witch hunt and get you fired and slandered.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Was in work and checked my phone on the sly, my mate posted the news to me that the guy killed himself. She is full of shit but under the chance that what she is saying is true is still bad, the dude is fucking dead. Checked her Twitter to see how she'd approach it. Deleted her account temporarily until she knows what to do next. Honestly, cowardly move. She has something to hide.

TrainedRage

Banned
So how many men has #metoo killed now?
Its got to be over ten at this point. Fucking shameful.
Chapelle was right, and honestly I think things only get worse, sadly that's what it takes to make people come out of the bubbles they live in.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
At this point, any publication/industry people that align themselves with ResetEra are cowards, scumbags and complicit in all of this. I’m talking everybody. How many gaming podcasts finish with “check out our thread on ResetEra”? Check yourselves fools.

Even ones I really appreciate do this. Player One Podcast, 8-4 Play podcast. Wake up for fucks sake. Stop giving these horrible people a voice.

Holammer

Mr Metokur will be having a stream on the subject. He should dust off the old Internet Aristocrat avatar for the occasion.

This guy is desperately trying to get people to mass flag his videos to stop him.

Hey Blinkin

This news went from bad to possibly the worst possible outcome with even more fallout coming from this.

This highlights the very problem of the #metoo movement. These people need a grip on reality

This will probably just encourage them. They have the power to end life. They'll see how far they can take it.

Reactions: blu
So now this guy was driven to suicide and know we will never know the true story. This makes me so sick and disgusted. I hate this woman with a passion I will never believe a word she says she has to have proof to back herself up. Now thanks to her someone was driven to suicide for only allegations. Fuck social media and fuck the internet

Portugeezer

Well damn, that escalated quickly. Assuming the accusations were true, the guy doesn't deserve to die for that... But they're probably not true, or in the very least they're exaggerated claims for attention (MONEY... I mean, if I was a piece of crap and could make easy money like this I would try this method too).

Suspending twitter doesn't make her any less of a murderer. I have no doubt people like her can sleep well at night, if looking at certain posts on other forum is anything to go by. Wow, I am glad GAF once again allows for a full range of discussions.

When she is back (and of course she will be, they live and breath twitter, she is probably reading it right now), she will still be a murderer.

Banned
Wtf is with these people not going directly to the police? Why years later.
As someone who has been through abuse and victimization, it's never really that cut and dry. A lot of times people who are being abused/victimized are involved with very manipulative people who convince them to stay. The mind games abusers play is often times unfathomable to people who haven't been in a relatable scenario.

oagboghi2

What I dont understand is how Zoe Quinn has not been cancelled by the same Idpol woke crusaders she's a part of. She has multiple abuse allegations against her and she's been called out as a pathological liar and false accuser by former friends and colleagues who literally have proof in the form of logs and multiple witnesses. (Hell look at the Max Landis goal post moving as she was caught out in a lie, went from rape to blunt and insensitive in a text message of the course of a few hours).

How does she get this shield and not get cancelled? When even Chapotraphouse openly shit on her and Wu for being complete bullshit artist retards, you would think the rest of the twitterazi would dump her ass.
Because Zoe and Wu piss off "gamers" and resetera hates that group more.

Darkroronoa

People on resetera trying to protect zoe quinn, they will probably never understand how horrible these twitter witchhunts or whatever they are called are. Publicly shaming and destroying a person without real proof, and before something is proven without a doubt, is not justice. What a disgusting bunch of people.

While i dont really want to put the blame of his death on her (since i cant know what really happened, but we know 100% its a suicide right?) she probably had play a big part on this, as many other people who "believed" her. He maybe indeed be an abuser, thats why people leave these to police and the court, regular people cannot and should NOT be like the Judge Dread acting like they can pass a sentence on someones beliefs. There is a reason we have these things, its because people will always choose their own they cannot judge.

She should absolutely get criticised but i do hope people wont act crazy. Yeah it will probably be a tough situation for her but she deserves it at this point.

Top Bottom