• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

KiNeMz

Banned
A tale of a 2 faced game journalist

sPkJIZX.png

5L6nLEi.png
So they are the same person?

Kenpachii

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that if you if you make claims of this magnitude on twitter, you should immediately be picked up by police and forced to file a police report, and sign an affidavit stating everything is true to your knowledge, the tweet should be removed immediately, and the person removed from twitter. These are criminal accusations.

This kind of trial by public absolutely cannot continue. It just cannot. Anyone could say anything about anybody and it could destroy the person blamed, or the person blaming as it will make everyone not believe them after time. (cry wolf e.t.c.)

Criminal accusations need to be brought to the proper authorities, not wildly slung into the public like this.

Thoughts?

It will continue because there court system is protecting them.

Sorry but if 200k needs to be spend to defend yourself, there is no court or any law in that country anyway.

It's just a matter of time before she kicks a lion in his nuts that isn't going to surrender and she's done for. And that's exactly what's going to happen when court is failing you. People will take there justice into there own hands.

If somebody killed my sister, u dam right i will do everything in my might to make that persons life a living hell. And that's exactly what's going to happen if court isn't going to change there idea's on how the world works.

All she can pray for now is that his sister and parents and family are tame little sheeps.

Dangerous games will never end well and it's only a matter of time before karma bites in her ass.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Talking about a crime that has allegedly been committed but not reported on social media, as a matter of public record, should be a crime in and of itself.

Hiding behind social media because you’re afraid of the law, or afraid of retaliation, or any number of other excuses, should not be tolerated... regardless of the situation. If you’re courageous enough as an alleged victim to implicate someone on Twitter or Facebook, then you’re courageous enough to file a police report and subsequent criminal charges. This is circumvention of the legal system, with the added peril of accusing someone in a public forum of a crime with no intention of following legal processes.

Laws need to be changed and updated to apply to modern technology, which includes the liberal use of social media for harassment and intimidation. It can be argued that Quinn should be questioned by law enforcement regarding her role in this death.

Social media probably should be more responsible for the content allowed to be posted there. Allowing such intimidation, which led to the death of an individual, should fall at least in part on the shoulders of the forums that allow such intimidation to occur.

A very sad situation, and a frustrating reminder of how social media has been weaponized and co-opted by people as an instrument of abuse, harassment, and intimidation. It’s a severe devolution from its more humble beginnings as a forum to share random photos and blurbs on how you spent your day.
It's too much of a slippery slope to ban people from speaking freely, or saying what they want.

As far as I can tell, the only real solution that doesn't obliterate freedom of speech is to get most employers and most people on board with the idea that they shouldn't respond to mob justice. If they are ignored, they lose any power.

But that seems impossible. If your job just randomly starts getting 10 calls a day about you, you're gone, because you are a liability.
You'd think people would know better.

Every lawyer will tell you to keep your mouth shut and don't go publicizing it because it can bite you in the ass if people dig into your social media accounts.

But it's the internet age......

..... got to get those clicks and tell everyone what you had for breakfast, if someone molested you, and live stream cutting your toe nails.

nush

Gold Member
Time to cancel Iron Galaxy. The Zoe defense force is insane and to a point expected when all the facts and history are hidden from them and anyone that bring them to light is an "altrightnaziwhitesupremicistdrivebymysoginistictroll"

4hFPKPv.jpg

I've no doubt this apologist would really enjoy working with Zoe.

The topic on Resetera has now been locked because they have had enough ban blood and the truth about resetera is too close to leaking out into the bubble.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
Time to cancel Iron Galaxy. The Zoe defense force is insane and to a point expected when all the facts and history are hidden from them and anyone that bring them to light is an "altrightnaziwhitesupremicistdrivebymysoginistictroll"

4hFPKPv.jpg

The topic on Resetera has now been locked because they have had enough ban blood and the truth about resetera is too close to leaking out into the bubble.
Let's cancel in the most calmest and most polite way as possible.

I mean ban this guy lol.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service

4hFPKPv.jpg

Like oh my god, can you imagine how much stress she must feel when people tell her she had something to do with his death? That is like, so inconvenient for her. Like, just imagine.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
It will continue because there court system is protecting them.

Sorry but if 200k needs to be spend to defend yourself, there is no court or any law in that country anyway.

It's just a matter of time before she kicks a lion in his nuts that isn't going to surrender and she's done for. And that's exactly what's going to happen when court is failing you. People will take there justice into there own hands.

If somebody killed my sister, u dam right i will do everything in my might to make that persons life a living hell. And that's exactly what's going to happen if court isn't going to change there idea's on how the world works.

All she can pray for now is that his sister and parents and family are tame little sheeps.

Dangerous games will never end well and it's only a matter of time before karma bites in her ass.

That is basically what Ty Beard (Vic Mignogna's lawyer for his defamation case) said. Sooner or later, one of these people is going to target the wrong person and end up biting off more than they can chew.

Right now, I would pray for the Mignogna lawsuit to pass TCPA and go to trial. At the very least, that will quiet down Cancel Culture because they will have to follow exact rules to avoid defamation under any precedent set by Mignogna's suit and/or suits that would follow, and these people are too lazy to work at it. That's why they are Twitter activists in the first place.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

4hFPKPv.jpg

Not a single one of their original releases are anything above "mediocre trash". I don't think anything really needs to be cancelled as the dev team are not talented in the least.

A bad Kinect game, a mediocre/novelty "fighting" game, and bad action game.

That is basically what Ty Beard (Vic Mignogna's lawyer for his defamation case) said. Sooner or later, one of these people is going to target the wrong person and end up biting off more than they can chew.

Right now, I would pray for the Mignogna lawsuit to pass TCPA and go to trial. At the very least, that will quiet down Cancel Culture because they will have to follow exact rules to avoid defamation under any precedent set by Mignogna's suit and/or suits that would follow, and these people are too lazy to work at it. That's why they are Twitter activists in the first place.
Isn't one more week to go, for these TCPA's to pass?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

4hFPKPv.jpg

Heavy left leaning people (including Reeeeee people with the same mentality) doesn't even make sense in a political way.

The left is SUPPOSED to be all about freedom, respecting people's opinion, and trying to be pro-bono soothsayers. A brigade of people who want to fight against corporations, rich dudes, closed minded conservatives who don't want to change, who have narrow minded views who act and think the same money greeding ways.

Yet, these same lefties are all about hive-collective mindset, yelling and accusing, shutting down other people's opinions (even moderate democratic views), and endlessly harass people online hoping for shit like doxing, getting them fired or other stupid shit on a personal level. Or when involving internet forums, banning anyone with different views like a total manbaby in charge of a forum. Manchildren en masse.

So much for baby cuddling leftward views.

Last edited:

brap

Banned

4hFPKPv.jpg

Ah yes Iron Galaxy the company who's all buddy buddy with Giant Bomb. All of these people are fucking scum.

Petrae

It's too much of a slippery slope to ban people from speaking freely, or saying what they want.

As far as I can tell, the only real solution that doesn't obliterate freedom of speech is to get most employers and most people on board with the idea that they shouldn't respond to mob justice. If they are ignored, they lose any power.

But that seems impossible. If your job just randomly starts getting 10 calls a day about you, you're gone, because you are a liability.

First, thank you for the thoughtful reply. You make a very good counter to what I said.

It’s not even just the Twitter getting people fired thing. It’s the general intimidation that social media mobs get away with. That intimidation is impossible to escape from, and will seriously fuck up your life for a long time. The internet never forgets, and it only takes a few mentions after the lava cools for the volcano of anger to spew forth a new river of it to further burn its intended target.

Without laws to protect people from themselves, civilized society descends into chaos. We’re still in the Wild West in a legal sense when it comes to the ramifications of social media and modern technology in general. That can’t last forever.

Isn't one more week to go, for these TCPA's to pass?

Not exactly. The hearing on the TCPA filings from Vic and the defendants is on the 7th, then the judge has up to a month to decide to accept or reject the TCPA. I'm hoping we find out one way or the other on the 7th, but there are literally thousands of pages of filings altogether.

chris121580

4hFPKPv.jpg

I can’t imagine Dave Lang or Adam Boyes are thrilled with this person being the face of their company and let alone posting on Resetera. They should nip that in the bud

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I can’t imagine Dave Lang or Adam Boyes are thrilled with this person being the face of their company and let alone posting on Resetera. They should nip that in the bud
You should tweet at them and ask why they let their employees post on an openly racist forum while promoting their company.

EDIT: Just to inform everyone - I am being facetious. I do not suggest anyone contact the heads of the dev team to inform them that one of their own is a massive cunt.

Last edited:
First, thank you for the thoughtful reply. You make a very good counter to what I said.

It’s not even just the Twitter getting people fired thing. It’s the general intimidation that social media mobs get away with. That intimidation is impossible to escape from, and will seriously fuck up your life for a long time. The internet never forgets, and it only takes a few mentions after the lava cools for the volcano of anger to spew forth a new river of it to further burn its intended target.

Without laws to protect people from themselves, civilized society descends into chaos. We’re still in the Wild West in a legal sense when it comes to the ramifications of social media and modern technology in general. That can’t last forever.

It's like I said early - Andy Signore went from managing and creating multiple entertainment shows to not being able to be hired at Wal-Mart. What he did has no bearing on his business or professional ethics - he cheated on his wife and slept with several adult fans. He's an asshole, but what does it have to do with him working or his ability to do his job? He could literally sleep with every adult fan he has and it would not really change his skill set or trustworthiness.

chris121580

Sorry, I was not suggesting mob mentality. I’m completely against that. I just know I wouldn’t want that guy posting with my company name attached

4hFPKPv.jpg

This dude is a fucking idiot.
1. Stop assuming the dude is guilty without any proof.
2. He wants to talk about all the crap that was being said to Zoey but never mentions the shit said to the guy that is dead, or that he got fired or that he got shunned by his industry without the chance to defend himself, get the fuck out of here.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
WTF? There is a special place in Hell for evil pricks that deliberately try to destroy lives because of their 1st world boredom.
No.

But that special place is the computer chair they are sitting on.

Deep down, I dont think half the super left leaning agitators are really like this. But since most seem like angry soyboys who probably have a shit job, or unemployed, and act weird so many people look at them oddly, they need a place to vent. And that plce is the internet where other people in the same boat can wallow together...... kind of like drunks sharing sad stories at AA.

So they feel like shit. And time is creeping by.

On the other hand, many other people surf the web and forums for fun, but the next morning go to work and pay off their house and go through the normal grind of life. It may be boring sometimes and a grind, but when you turn 60 and are about to retire, you can look back and agree that you did ok. You didn't become rich and famous like Bill Gates or Scarlett Johansson, but you went through life accomplishing something.

The soyboys are sitting there with nothing, but a lousy resume, pink hair and 8 earrings on the face and that weird bullring thing on their nose. Their way of feeling good is banding together hoping someone bends on Twitter or a forum where they can give each other virtual high-fives a corporate PR guy change a rule.

Probably 20 minutes of satisfaction. But then they go back to their miserable life and need to replicate that asap.

I'd bet if some of these people did better in life, or ran into good fortune and changed their lives for the better, their attitudes would change,

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
This dude is a fucking idiot.
1. Stop assuming the dude is guilty without any proof.
2. He wants to talk about all the crap that was being said to Zoey but never mentions the shit said to the guy that is dead, or that he got fired or that he got shunned by his industry without the chance to defend himself, get the fuck out of here.

8Rs9qAp.jpg

Hey Ryan, has Alec been held accountable enough yet now that he's fucking dead after you helpfully assisted the Twitter mob with his handle?

Cunt.

BigBooper

Deep down, I dont think half the super left leaning agitators are really like this.
I used to think, but literally three fourths of the Twitter profiles I've ever seen posting about sexual assault or metoo or "women's rights" are trans men. There's a huge number of people that just love wallowing in misery and spreading to as many people as possible.

On TV and newspapers they have rules where you can't say whatever you want to prevent mob justice. When reporting on crime, in some countries the name of the accused can not be said.

I'd personally be fine with twitter and similar social media sites being shut down since they add nothing of value to humankind. However, to be fair to those who enjoy it, maybe they could delete all budding witch hunts. It's not like this hasn't been going on for years. It's also a huge problems in schools and a big cause of suicide there as well.

Shmunter

8Rs9qAp.jpg

Hey Ryan, has Alec been held accountable enough yet now that he's fucking dead after you helpfully assisted the Twitter mob with his handle?

Cunt.
I’m gutted that my gaming idol turned out to be a hateful worm. On a scale of 1 to 10 Ryan, 10 being he got what he deserved and 1 being he got off too lightly, where to you place your efforts?

Last edited:

Solobbos

How can you people be so aggressive, targeting people left and right in different forums, Twitter and games media just after seeing what said actions can result in?

ksdixon

Fuck, has the guy killed himself off the back of public accusations? This kind of stuff should be automatically punishable by law.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Fuck, has the guy killed himself off the back of public accusations? This kind of stuff should be automatically punishable by law.
I was wondering that too. It was a witch hunt and it’s a bunch of social media people with pitchforks. Companies read a story, someone else reads a Twitter post, and boom- the guy’s life is instantly destroyed to the point where he kills himself. Is anyone accountable?

MagnesG

Banned
How can you people be so aggressive, targeting people left and right in different forums, Twitter and games media just after seeing what said actions can result in?
Maybe their lives are shitty enough that to shit on other people is one of the only joy they could have in this world.

So, which sides is the one who act the deed in the first place? What had GAF been saying from the start?

GO REPORT TO POLICE FIRST AND FOLLOW THE CIVIL ROUTE.

Last edited:

BigBooper

I was thinking about that, and I don't do it because I think it's only slightly better than what some of the others were doing.

But in their defense, these people entered into that conversation themselves. They didn't have it thrust upon them with a random accusation ten years later. These were things they said this week. It's not the same thing, but it is still petty and childish in some cases.

Top Bottom