• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZOE2 (reprint) was $19.99 from konami.com AND IT SOLD OUT (BUY THIS GAME MORANS)

Dahbomb

Danj said:
I thought there was already going to be a ZOE3, but PSM3 had to pull the article or whatever at the last minute because Konami told them to? Found that in this thread.

A few people have been asking where our ZOE3 coverage went - it got bumped at the very last minute due to extreme Konami secrecy. Rest assured, as soon as we're able to tell you anything about it, it'll appear in the mag and on this very blog. Stay tuned.

It sounds pretty real, unless the guy is blatantly lying.

ZOE3 if exclusive would be one of the games that gets me to buy a PS3, it could be so amazing.
(as long as the series doesn't suck again that is)

I was just about to submit my debit info last night when I decided not to based on how f'ed up the site was for everyone else (it was fine for me but I didn't want someone to get my info). And now it's sold out. Just dandy.

Petrarca

Banned
Danj said:
psm3.jpg

I thought there was already going to be a ZOE3, but PSM3 had to pull the article or whatever at the last minute because Konami told them to? Found that in this thread.

that's GANGSTA, if its' true

LevelNth

Banned
Just got a response back from the Konami Store about restocking ZOE2. Said they currently had no information, but I guess that's better than a 'No'.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
LevelNth said:
Just got a response back from the Konami Store about restocking ZOE2. Said they currently had no information, but I guess that's better than a 'No'.

Sounds like Konami underestimated the demand for ZOE2. Double reprint FTW

Tsubaki

You guys buying the game to spur on a ZOE3 are funny. You do know that Japan doesn't care about your sale, right?

Anyway, there's far too many over-the-top ZOE2 lovers in this thread. I just started playing Anubis ZOE2 Special Edition (not really sure of the difference) about a month ago and while it definitely has a lot of things going for it (incredible visuals/artstyle, interactivity with environment, fast paced action, cinematic audio, etc), it's far from perfect.

I for one found it ridiculous that there were cutscenes every 10 seconds. I mean for the first 30 minutes of the game, it literally was: Fly there (cutscene) Destroy enemy (cutscene) fly to the exit (cutscene) destroy enemies (cutscene). Just let me play the darn game, Kojima. The action is also a bit simplistic so far, but I gotta give them credit - everytime I begin to feel like I'm getting bored of the same repetitious mashing, they introduce a clever boss or new mechanic to keep my attention.

Anyway, I don't really have any major complaints, but I also haven't found the game to be particularly great. Presentation is tops, sure. But while the gameplay can be interesting, it hasn't yet become exciting.

Tsubaki said:
You guys buying the game to spur on a ZOE3 are funny. You do know that Japan doesn't care about your sale, right?

Actually Kojima said one of the reasons he's worried about making another sequel is because mech games are really only viable in Japan. So it's a good thing to buy it up even if it only gives the chances of ZOE3 being made a slight upgrade.

Kangu

Banned
Tsubaki said:

Anyway, there's far too many over-the-top ZOE2 lovers in this thread. I just started playing Anubis ZOE2 Special Edition (not really sure of the difference) about a month ago and while it definitely has a lot of things going for it (incredible visuals/artstyle, interactivity with environment, fast paced action, cinematic audio, etc), it's far from perfect.

I for one found it ridiculous that there were cutscenes every 10 seconds. I mean for the first 30 minutes of the game, it literally was: Fly there (cutscene) Destroy enemy (cutscene) fly to the exit (cutscene) destroy enemies (cutscene). Just let me play the darn game, Kojima. The action is also a bit simplistic so far, but I gotta give them credit - everytime I begin to feel like I'm getting bored of the same repetitious mashing, they introduce a clever boss or new mechanic to keep my attention.

Anyway, I don't really have any major complaints, but I also haven't found the game to be particularly great. Presentation is tops, sure. But while the gameplay can be interesting, it hasn't yet become exciting.

The game is all about feeling like a bad ass. Have a little fun with enemies, mix things up. It doesn't really demand much of you. You don't have to use anything outside the standard three hit combo, but you're missing out if you don't.

Cravis

Wonder if this reprint will show up in stores? I know Castlevania: DoS was well stocked at my Best Buy last week.

Petrarca

Banned
Tsubaki said:

hmm where did you get that Anubis ZOE2 Special Edition? I want one, any North America version ever released?

They should reprint the first one also, finding a new copy is damn near impossible.

The ZOE games are a very visceral experience but can be a little thin on gameplay and challenge. My biggest complaint is length but I guess that's an obvious one. Bosses aren't all they should be and you still feel like the series hasn't lived up to its potential. Hell, ZOE felt like a demo with it's generic enemy design and stages. At least ZOE2 was an improvement but with the right dedication to this gamer, rather than mgs, i'm sure Kojima could turn the gaming engine into a classic game.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
DeathCabCute said:
They should reprint the first one also, finding a new copy is damn near impossible.

LIES, well. at least in PAL. Shops are nearly giving them away.

Tsubaki

Petrarca said:
hmm where did you get that Anubis ZOE2 Special Edition? I want one, any North America version ever released?

No, I got the Japanese version. Some of the extra features from the normal one are:

* Additional difficulty levels (Super Hard, Extreme)
* Versus mode
* Extra missions
* New demos & model viewer
* VR training for subweapons
* Additional opening movie with remixed song

Cost me $20 from play-asia.

Dahbomb

Tsubaki said:
No, I got the Japanese version. Some of the extra features from the normal one are:

* Additional difficulty levels (Super Hard, Extreme)
* Versus mode
* Extra missions
* New demos & model viewer
* VR training for subweapons
* Additional opening movie with remixed song

Cost me $20 from play-asia.
Versus mode and Extra Missions are in the normal NTSC version as well. Unless there even additional missions in Extra missions.

Extreme must be nuts on ZOE2, especially that one part with the hordes of enemies.

adg1034

Guess what just arrived?

Yeah, you probably know. My other question, though, still stands: Anyone have a PS2 they don't want?

MegaTen

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Actually Kojima said one of the reasons he's worried about making another sequel is because mech games are really only viable in Japan. So it's a good thing to buy it up even if it only gives the chances of ZOE3 being made a slight upgrade.
Whaa? Thats BS if you ask me. Anything with his name attatched would sell well. Especially before and after MGS 4 if it turns out to be his biggest success.

Just got it today... the game case was tossed in a fairly big box, with no padding, so it had to be bouncing around quite a bit. Sounds like the disc is still secure in the case, though.

adg1034

Kulock said:
Just got it today... the game case was tossed in a fairly big box, with no padding, so it had to be bouncing around quite a bit. Sounds like the discs are still secure in the case, though.

The packaging was the same for me, too. Wait- discs? Oh, you must have bought more than one.

MegaTen said:
Whaa? Thats BS if you ask me. Anything with his name attatched would sell well. Especially before and after MGS 4 if it turns out to be his biggest success.

ZOE and ZOE2 have his name attached and they didn't sell all that well.

adg1034 said:
The packaging was the same for me, too. Wait- discs? Oh, you must have bought more than one.

Nope, typo. I also had it in my mind that there was a demo disc included in there too, like the early run of ZoE1.

Dahbomb

Kulock said:
Nope, typo. I also had it in my mind that there was a demo disc included in there too, like the early run of ZoE1.
That's in the game when you turn it on to the start menu. It recaps the events of ZOE1 and brings you up to speed on the storyline.

mr_nothin

Banned
OMG I LOVE the train level...it's so awesome
Its kinda like a shooter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5JY7EZgY4&mode=related&search=

Oh and the 1000+ enemy level, dr00l
I love that BIG cannon too, just everything about that gun is amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmPZDEM65os&mode=related&search=

Ohhhh and the level where u have to take down the aircraft with that big gun...
OHHHH just forget it, I love all the levels!!

It might look frantic and uncontrollable to n00bs but when you're playing its really nice.

Videos dont really contain spoilers since they are mostly gameplay.
Also, there are alot more weapons than being shown.

BUY THIS GAME!

Ohhh and ummm, the beginning is what Lost Planet reminded me of.

Petrarca

Banned
mr_nothin said:
OMG I LOVE the train level...it's so awesome
Its kinda like a shooter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5JY7EZgY4&mode=related&search=

Oh and the 1000+ enemy level, dr00l
I love that BIG cannon too, just everything about that gun is amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmPZDEM65os&mode=related&search=

Ohhhh and the level where u have to take down the aircraft with that big gun...
OHHHH just forget it, I love all the levels!!

It might look frantic and uncontrollable to n00bs but when you're playing its really nice.

Videos dont really contain spoilers since they are mostly gameplay.
Also, there are alot more weapons than being shown.

BUY THIS GAME!

Ohhh and ummm, the beginning is what Lost Planet reminded me of.

nice videos. did you make those videos? if you did, can you make some more?

Petrarca

Banned
mr_nothin said:

:) thank you, at least I have something to watch for the weekend:D

Dahbomb

Holy shit man, you are pretty good. I like how you use the Up/Down dash, which I never make full use of since its damn awkward to use (like R2+Triangle/X to dash above you or below you). Great stuff! :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I would gladly have bought it if they didn't decline my card and then charge me three times anyway.

Roarer

This thread made me pop ZOE 2 into the ol' PS2 to try and pick up where I left it ages ago. And suddenly I remember why I stopped playing the first time...

Seriously, I can't understand how any of you can stand the gameplay in ZOE 2 for more than ten minutes. It's an absolutely broken, awkward, repetitive and generally shitty experience. The controls makes Metal Gear Solid seem intuitive by comparison, fights are repetitive and boring and the only reward for all your efforts is some clichéd story with unlikeable characters set in an over-developed universe that you couldn't really care less about.

I guess I just don't get it. (Though the graphics are real purdy)

Roarer said:
Seriously, I can't understand how any of you can stand the gameplay in ZOE 2 for more than ten minutes. It's an absolutely broken, awkward, repetitive and generally shitty experience. The controls makes Metal Gear Solid seem intuitive by comparison, fights are repetitive and boring and the only reward for all your efforts is some clichéd story with unlikeable characters set in an over-developed universe that you couldn't really care less about.
Finish the game, then come back to this thread.

And truely master the controls at the same time.

Roarer said:
This thread made me pop ZOE 2 into the ol' PS2 to try and pick up where I left it ages ago. And suddenly I remember why I stopped playing the first time...

I guess I just don't get it. (Though the graphics are real purdy)

Bingo.

Roarer

CarlosX360 said:
Finish the game, then come back to this thread.

And truely master the controls at the same time.

I have no problems mastering the controls; they still suck.

I just find the whole gameplay to be utterly lacking. There is no satisfaction from destroying enemies; whatever impact you do feels like it barely registers and most fights feel like a blur of way too much stuff happening at once (mostly due to the [purposefully excellent, I'll give it that] auto lock-on and all the fancy explosions and effects going on).

Not really trying to troll though, just hoping that someone can tell me what's so good about it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It's a good game... just not as super awesome as everyone makes it out to be. It takes a long time for the game to pick up in pace, it's like the first half was a mere introduction/tutorial to the latter half. Then you get to enjoy the better parts of the game (more enemies, cooler missions), only to finish it a few hours later. The game is mainly memorable because of the levels with Zero Shift equipped and the subsequent boss fights you have to use it with. Those were the moments where I completely enjoyed it and was just awestruck by the amount of cool-looking mayhem on screen. The boss you have to fight in complete darkness is indeed the best one of the game.

Petrarca

Banned
Roarer said:
I have no problems mastering the controls; they still suck.

I just find the whole gameplay to be utterly lacking. There is no satisfaction from destroying enemies; whatever impact you do feels like it barely registers and most fights feel like a blur of way too much stuff happening at once (mostly due to the [purposefully excellent, I'll give it that] auto lock-on and all the fancy explosions and effects going on).

Not really trying to troll though, just hoping that someone can tell me what's so good about it.

no satisfaction? try again with harder difficulty....*sighs*

that's the problem with gamers nowadays. Devs give them easy games, they bitch, they moan about easy, repetitive gameplays. Devs give them harder games, they bitch, they moan about them being too hard

Top Bottom