• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extas1s: Game Pass is set to introduce new tiers

Draugoth

Gold Member
Update:

Two more sources reitherate on new price and tier changes:

BOGLYcK.png

Y4PbyTR.png

Extas1s previously leaked the White Digital Xbox, He also teases a hike price.

IMPORTANT UPDATE đź’Ą

We can be sure that changes are coming to Xbox Game Pass Tiers due mostly to Call Of Duty.

There are still things to confirm, but I hope to be able to report on it soon.

Source

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

This was so predictable. Tons of people called it especially after Sarah bond was being cagey as fuck with her answer about cod on gamepass.

See, this is why people don't like xbox pr. They have talked out of both sides of mouths for literal decades.

Can't trust his lies Lives

Saber

The Gamepass people there in the COD thread calling out people for not having it must be shocked by now.
It was predictable to me. Once you fish people and make them worship your product, you can do whatever you want to them.

It is a mistake to put brand new CoD game into Game Pass at launch. It just is. There's simply no way they make as much money from a minor increase in new subs that will peel off in 3-6 months vs individual sales at $70.

They should put back catalogue CoD and Blizzard games into Game Pass, hold off on the new one until it's been more than a year.

yurinka

It would make sense to include the new MS AAA games day one only in the most expensive tier, one even more expensive than the current GPU one.

Normal GP and GPU would still get them but around a year and a half or two after launch, similar to PS Plus.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Subscriptions are bad enough, but soon as they do tiers is when you really get fucked. Huge gamepass supporter but god please no

diffusionx

Gold Member
They can't just throw Call of Duty on Game Pass as is, because you will lose money from the people who buy the game and only play it for a few months or for the campaign, and the people for which it is their primary game will just keep buying it so they won't gain any subscription bump. And MS did, clearly, pay $70B for Call of Duty. They didn't spend that money for Tony Hawk or Spyro or even Diablo or World of Warcraft. They bought it for Call of Duty.

In any case this feels like the beginning of the end for the franchise and not a moment too soon IMO.

Z O N E

I always thought a 3 tier system makes more sense. Also, just rename it to Bronze, Silver and Gold.

Tier 1 - Game Pass Bronze (Game Pass Core)
Tier 2 - Game Pass Silver (Game Pass Ultimate with 1st Party games releasing after sometime in Game Pass Catalogue)
Tier 3 - Game Pass Gold (Game Pass Ultimate we have now)

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Sot he year after next we are getting:

Call of Duty: Black Ops : Gulf War 2: Desert Sabre

[On Topic]

So a tier below Ultimate thats specifically for Activision stuff?
If its a tier below Ultimate that includes EAPlay and Activision I could see it happening.
If its a tier above Ultimate to access ABK stuff, they can fuck right off, ive already got my Ultimate loaded up so i dont want any disturbances.

So there's gonna be a higher tier than ultimate just for call of duty. I guess it's the only thing Microsoft could do. They were never gonna walk back on every first party game launching on gamepass. They'll squeeze out more money from gamepass instead. Though it's gonna look bad to have a whole new tier just for one game? Surely there will be other benefits aswell. Imagine if they lock all Activision games to the new tier?

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I always thought a 3 tier system makes more sense. Also, just rename it to Bronze, Silver and Gold.

Tier 1 - Game Pass Bronze (Game Pass Core)
Tier 2 - Game Pass Silver (Game Pass Ultimate with 1st Party games releasing after sometime in Game Pass Catalogue)
Tier 3 - Game Pass Gold (Game Pass Ultimate we have now)
I think they want to avoid that after using it for a totally different service for a long time.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
ÂŁ40 per month for Gamepass Platinum - get all Microsoft first party titles day one.

Current ultimate tier will be ÂŁ5 more expensive than it currently is and all Microsoft first party titles will arrive 6 months later.

Alebrije

Gamepass Ultimate Will be the new gold

Gamepass extra : Firsth day Zenymax /Bethesda

Gamepass premium: firsth day AB + Bethesda

Maybe you want it for free?
Wake up, they are going to bang hard for 70 billion $ spend. And what you think who will pay that(at least I will not)
Increase the price of the ultimate tier since cod is effectively an online game. People can opt the usual no frills gamepass for the actual good games. Having ANOTHER tier/s is beginning to look like a caste system.

Top Bottom