• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
noboysallowed.gif

I think it has been agreed that gaf is in serious need of a Girl thread - not about girls, for girls. There is an increasing number of us here on gaf, and we need a place to chill out away from the testosterone and talk about girly problems.

Some ground rules?
1. Keep it PG-13. Other attempts at these kind of threads always got locked for some reason. Lets not give anyone a reason to dislike this thread either.
2. Guys are welcome, of course, but don't derail the thread. And don't make douchebag-y "hurr hurr girls on the internet" comments. Thanks.
3. Feel free to ask (serious) questions, but remember that there is a Lady-gaf advice thread that covers most questions.

So, to kick it off here's a bachelorette frog comic (I was surprised to find that some of them AREN'T made by guys!)

9120493.jpg
9082927.jpg

Distinguishing between girls-who-play-games and Girl Gamers. My biggest fear is to be classified the latter. It's no secret that the game with the most hours on my computer is the sims. I got more into gaming through my boyfriend (mostly playing multiplayer games like L4D2 and LoL together), but I'd always enjoyed things like pokemon since I was little. How did you guys (gals?) get into gaming?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
shanshan310 said:

1. You should add that normal Girl-GAF gaffers can't come in and ask you questions about their clumsy attempts to date people.

2. I have no problem with the above, but it is not amusing to use the BF as a bra tree.

Zoe

belvedere said:
I think they've tried a Girl OT before but it got locked because it violated some sort of something. It created a brief uprising from what my wife told me.

Well it did get shut down when we were discussing our periods...

I believe it was because catch-all/random threads aren't allowed.

Rikkun

shanshan310 said:
hm.. but but Aus-gaf is pretty all-purpose. Probably more so than this.

If we keep it PG I don't see why it would be a problem, or do we need to speak directly to Evilore?

Just try to ask something to start the conversation maybe.

The problem here is girls are.. 0.1% on GAF? So a GirlGAF OT will just be full of males.

I'll still stalk this thread.

Sorry... never heard that name before.

Zoe is the name of a very popular rock band here in Mexico. As for the avatar... there are guys here with pink ponies as avatars... so...

JesusTom said:
This thread is purely for men to post comments in, and for women to then have a holier-than-thou attitude to said comments, leading to what they believe as a moral highground over the male gender.

Admiral Akbar has something to say lads, I think you all know what that is.
"It's a trap"?

I will get upset if you post stupid comments not because I have a "holier-than-thou" attitude but because you're shitting up the thread and getting it closed. I honestly don't really care if guys make sexist jokes generally. But save it for another thread okay?

How do you know god is a man? Because I am not a sandwich.

Count Dookkake said:
Not sure I get the PG-13 rule, but good luck!

I thought given the google warning it would be safer.

stuminus3

Banned
They get the washing clean in the same machine as you soil it
They pay attention to you when you think you've got something to say
They got the sweetest feet and they don't piss on the seat of the toilet
They live a few more years and they still got hair when it's grey

Don't wanna see the guys [don't wanna see the guys]
Just wanna look in her eyes [just wanna look in her eyes]

'cos I like girls 'cos girls are better than boys!

They give you sleepless nights and their breath smells good in the morning
and they look better than you when they dress in your favourite gear
They make your sickness fun and your mum was the one you were born in
and they don't pick fights in the streets from a couple of beers

And when they're naked you see [and when they're naked you see]
That mother nature agrees [that mother nature agrees]

I like girls 'cos girls are better than boys!

They get the party swinging you know that I'm right
only a coward would hurt 'em yeah and only a fool would desert 'em

I like girls 'cos girls are better than
I like girls 'cos girls are better than boys!

checking in.

subscribing.

*reads rest of first page*

._____________.

unsubscribing.

but yes, agreeing on the no pants thing. it's no pants friday everyday in this household.

Hylian7

I kind of wish there was a better way to identify the genders of posters. I'll be honest OP, I had no idea you were a girl. I remember that whole thing about IceCream being a girl too, which was obviously pretty shocking.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hylian7 said:
I kind of wish there was a better way to identify the genders of posters. I'll be honest OP, I had no idea you were a girl. I remember that whole thing about IceCream being a girl too, which was obviously pretty shocking.
Let's not get crazy here. No good can come of this.

Zoe

coldvein said:
Zoe, meet ponygaf. ponygaf, Zoe.

But the avatar plus a girl's name?

Besides, if you were a gamer worthy enough of knowing where my avatar comes from, you'd know I'd be posting as this bunny if I were a guy:

img_kuri.gif

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
shanshan310 said:
The man opens my bananas for me. True story.

The trick is to open it from the bottom, not from the stem. Men have learned this from our ancestors, the apes.

Borgnine said:
The trick is to open it from the bottom, not from the stem. Men have learned this from our ancestors, the apes.

D:

I would try this out now but bananas are like $10 a kilo at the moment. Will remember for next time though.
is this all a guise to make my hands all sticky from the bottom of the banana? >=(

I'm off to bed. Hopefully the thread will still be here in the morning....

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Lolligag said:
Or just stick a knife under the lid, lift until vacuum seal pops. No muscle required.

Thanks for giving away the secret asshole. Now they now what I'm doing with my back turned to them, grunting and straining.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Borgnine said:
Sup, ladies. Um... let me know if you need any jars opened or anything.

This made me laugh harder than it should have.
KuGsj.gif

Borgnine said:
Thanks for giving away the secret asshole. Now they now what I'm doing with my back turned to them, grunting and straining.

2/2

I think the hatred of pants is true for both sexes.

coldvein

Banned
isn't it cool when girls are like, hey ___________ , will you grab that off the shelf for me? i'm too short.

and you feel all like the farmboy in princess bride.

In NHL GAF there is this supposedly super hot chick. I don't remember her first username but she had a thread about a Brazilian wax and all that. But then this totally lame Canucksfan/mod changed her name to "Epic tales of Penis". I hope she checks in here, she's great!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Deleted 41 posts. Some were rude, others just off-topic or quoting one of the two to point out that they were rude or off topic. Basically I was just trying to clean up the thread. You shouldn't feel as though your post was deleted because of something you did wrong. You don't need to apologize or talk to me if your post was deleted, it's just about cleaning up the thread to help it get a better start.

Let me clarify some helpful guidelines:
- You can talk about what you want to talk about as long as it doesn't break any rules.

- Guys can post, but honestly coming in just to say "CHICKS AWWWW YEAHHH" is kinda disruptive.

alexthekid said:
In NHL GAF there is this supposedly super hot chick. I don't remember her first username but she had a thread about a Brazilian wax and all that. But then this totally lame Canucksfan/mod changed her name to "Epic tales of Penis". I hope she checks in here, she's great!

..... NHL-Gaf trolling really should not be forced upon the general public. This is cruel.

Zoe said:
Do guys normally go on message boards with female names and girly avatars?

yes. i can't keep these anime dudes straight. they all have anime girls in their avatars, japanese names, japanese female names, and they use ^__^;;; emoticons and shit.

Wow, it's actually sorta cool that stumpo came in and is really going to try to give this thread a chance. If girls will actually participate in the thread and not be afraid to "reveal" themselves, not only will the thread live but maybe GAF in general will be a better place for girls to post in as well.

I'm going to ask my girlfriend to register and participate, heh. Mind you, it would probably take 10 years for her to be approved, but still.

[EDIT: I apologize if this is the sort of "girls yeaaaaaah" post that you're not supposed to make; delete it if it is, thanks.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom