• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

DMeisterJ

Banned
This game starts to get ridiculously hard on the fourth set if challenges. Super wind, thousands of trees, bunkers everywhere, and tons of houses to block any path to the green. Oh, and a par 4 that's over 400 yards to the green.

Agh.

Ken

Gold set is so hard, even on easy mode. Any advice for the Arabian stage and the one with all the cliff OBs (Golf Link Holes or something like that). I'm currently using Amy and Pinpoint club and ball level 2. Want to get that new Chinese golfer with an A in control but I don't have enough money yet.

addyb

Yep scored a once in a lifetime chip in eagle in a daily tournie. Ball flew straight into the hole clean. No pin hits, bounces, lips etc.

And yes it's not in my video library. Absolutely gutted. It's a cruel joke the game has played on me. It did definitely record I know that for a fact.

Oh well it will only take me around 6 months to get over it. Lol.

krae_man

Yep scored a once in a lifetime chip in eagle in a daily tournie. Ball flew straight into the hole clean. No pin hits, bounces, lips etc.

And yes it's not in my video library. Absolutely gutted. It's a cruel joke the game has played on me. It did definitely record I know that for a fact.

Oh well it will only take me around 6 months to get over it. Lol.

None of the megacup shots are recorded.

froliq

How I hate the Arabian course. I do the challenges in order and have been banging my head against the first 2 of the bronze stage which feature that Arabian stage. Eventually got the first, but then I decided to do 4-3 and 4-4 and got them easily. Going for 4-5 later and unlock the VS and be done with this. No doubt that the next set will have this course aswell. I just hope I'll master this one eventually like the rest.

I can see fun times for me ahead!

TheExodu5

Banned
I really didn't find the Arabian course all that tough. It's hilly and windy, but playing it safe you can par pretty much every hole and get a few birdies while doing so.

AkuMifune

Banned
I can see fun times for me ahead!

I had no issues until Silver, and now...god. 5-1 forced me to learn sometimes you can only take safe shots, but 5-2 seems to let you know, hey, there are no safe shots!

My attitude in Hots Shots is the same as my attitude towards sex: swing my shaft as hard as possible, try to get my balls as close to the hole as possible and just hope for the best.

Number45

I had no issues until Silver, and now...god. 5-1 forced me to learn sometimes you can only take safe shots, but 5-2 seems to let you know, hey, there are no safe shots!
I managed to beat 5-2 before 5-1 (which I haven't won yet). At the moment I'm working out the best character and clubs to be using.

AkuMifune

Banned
I managed to beat 5-2 before 5-1 (which I haven't won yet). At the moment I'm working out the best character and clubs to be using.

The last few games in a row I've finished at +2, 1 behind the leader so I'm close now. Using Stuart with Grass Cutter lvl 2 clubs and Pinpoint lvl 2 balls. Nothing better unlocked yet.

Does that seem good enough?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I hit a homing shot on one of the dailies yesterday but it didn't count because of the megacup.

by count do you mean unlock the trophy? I had a homing shot the other day, I think it was an unlimited power shot tourny. I'm guessing that was why I didn't get the trophy, or do the daily tournaments not get you any shot trophies?

Number45

The last few games in a row I've finished at +2, 1 behind the leader so I'm close now. Using Stuart with Grass Cutter lvl 2 clubs and Pinpoint lvl 2 balls. Nothing better unlocked yet.

Does that seem good enough?
Yeah, not too dissimilar to me really. Using Amy and Pin Hole v2 clubs and balls - none of it helps with me being shit when on the green of course. To be honest I'd be better laying up and chipping as my first "putt".

krae_man

by count do you mean unlock the trophy? I had a homing shot the other day, I think it was an unlimited power shot tourny. I'm guessing that was why I didn't get the trophy, or do the daily tournaments not get you any shot trophies?

Yes I mean not getting the trophy. You can get trophies in the online tournaments or dailies as long as there are no special conditions.

AkuMifune

Banned
Yeah, not too dissimilar to me really. Using Amy and Pin Hole v2 clubs and balls - none of it helps with me being shit when on the green of course. To be honest I'd be better laying up and chipping as my first "putt".

Yeah I don't know why I was asking about clubs and balls when the times I blow it always seem to be acts of god.

scy

Beginner league - lol~
Amateur league - Barring some small issues , not so bad at all.
Pro league - The hell happened?! I can't land anything decent and I'm over/under estimating like every shot.

:| Also had the game do the back door putt animation into super slow down and spinning around the hole forever ... to eventually whiff completely. That's some cruelty right there and signaled the end of playing for the night. Don't know what it would've had in store for me after that.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yes I mean not getting the trophy. You can get trophies in the online tournaments or dailies as long as there are no special conditions.

even if the special condition makes the round more difficult?

spats

Beginner league - lol~
Amateur league - Barring some small issues , not so bad at all.
Pro league - The hell happened?! I can't land anything decent and I'm over/under estimating like every shot.

:| Also had the game do the back door putt animation into super slow down and spinning around the hole forever ... to eventually whiff completely. That's some cruelty right there and signaled the end of playing for the night. Don't know what it would've had in store for me after that.

That's been my experience too so far. :( I really wish they would've made a more gradual difficulty curve.

depward

I hit a homing shot on one of the dailies yesterday but it didn't count because of the megacup.

I finally made one during an official tournament. Felt good, in that I had done like three already but they were all in unofficial rounds (one in the real golf challenge, even!).

Almost gave max loyalty. Then I have one more trophy til plat - the SOLD OUT one which will surely be fun with the random lobby parts machines giving me tons of double items :/

krae_man

I finally made one during an official tournament. Felt good, in that I had done like three already but they were all in unofficial rounds (one in the real golf challenge, even!).

Almost gave max loyalty. Then I have one more trophy til plat - the SOLD OUT one which will surely be fun with the random lobby parts machines giving me tons of double items :/

I have all the parts. I only need to buy 2 more 20k outfits and the 5k outfits that unlock after those are purchased. I have one more character I need to max loyalty and I'll get the money needed to unlock the outfits doing that easy. Then I'll do a couple rounds to get the special shots I need on purpose. Then I'll just have to keep playing the game and hope that Albatross doesn't take forever to happen.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That's been my experience too so far. :( I really wish they would've made a more gradual difficulty curve.

The tough part might be that after the easy tournaments you're just focused on max distance to lead to minimal shots and there's really nothing that can mess that up (easy greens, kind placement of hazards, good weather, etc.). Once you get to the third and fourth sets you have to abandon that mentality and focus on playing it safe and in some cases actually look at where your ball will go after it hits. After those yes it does start to feel like there are literally no easy shots but hey that's what makes the game fun sometimes. :D

God damn PSN down time fukced over my best ever daily tourney scores. By the time I got to playing them last night the PSN was down. Submission deadline has long passed and still no PSN. Yarg, sucks when you play well and it doesn't count.

krae_man

Enter tournament today.

Hole out from 100 yards on second shot!!

"PAR"

What????

(+2 for power shots)

SONUVA!

Those tournaments are the easiest ones to get a good rank on because so many people forget.

God damn PSN down time fukced over my best ever daily tourney scores. By the time I got to playing them last night the PSN was down. Submission deadline has long passed and still no PSN. Yarg, sucks when you play well and it doesn't count.

Looks like a lot of people had trouble connecting. I tanked on yesterdays dailies and didn't lose my position at all. In fact there's a larger gap between me and the ranks below me. The guy who was 5 points ahead of me is now 50 points below since he didn't do a single daily yesterday.

I guess I was lucky and didn't have any trouble connecting.

addyb

None of the megacup shots are recorded.

I wasn't aware of that. That's a shame as it was a mega shot (pardon the pun).

Got my highest ever finish on a daily yesterday (20th) it bumped my rank from 450 to a still lowly 387. Hey it's progress.

krae_man

Was less then 1 foot away from an albatross in the first daily today. Power Shot +2 would have disqualified it from the trophy anyway.

alterno69

Banned
I'm really enjoying my time with the game, only beat the second challenge today but it has been great fun, i've tried a couple of character but i'm stiking with the first one for now.

Played three online tournaments today, did pretty bad but it was still fun. Such a great game and i don't understand the sub native resolution complaint, sure it's not as sharp as the Ps3 games but it looks awesome IMO.

STG!

Does anyone else have trouble connecting to the lobby? I'd like to play some of you guys online, but it always gives me the same message "Connection to server failed. Try again." and an error code, something like G-00000A. I've tried this on two of my wireless networks and when I first got everything set up I was able to connect to it once on one of them, but after that, no dice. Same error message.

Strange since I'm able to hop onto the Daily online tournaments. And I pass all the network tests in the setup menu on the Vita. Kind of stumped on this one, anyone have an idea?

Echoes

I love the game, but I don't understand some stuff. For example, what would be affected by changing the clubs (L/R)? Is it the same as hitting the ball above the middle point (say you're in sand)?

The game does a poor job in outlining the depth of it IMO. It's just so good I wanna learn all the ins and outs of it. :(

Number45

I love the game, but I don't understand some stuff. For example, what would be affected by changing the clubs (L/R)? Is it the same as hitting the ball above the middle point (say you're in sand)?

The game does a poor job in outlining the depth of it IMO. It's just so good I wanna learn all the ins and outs of it. :(
At its most basic, changing the club affects the distance that you can hit the ball. However it also changes things like the flight of the ball (typically I think the smaller the club (1W biggest) the higher the flight of the ball) and certain clubs are better in certain situations than others. The hint screens can actually be viewed in the data section, if I recall correctly.

newsguy

Daily tournaments are the smartest thing ever created. When I don't have much time to game (and what adult does?) I can hop on and see how I fair. The answer: Not so well.

Number45

Daily tournaments are the smartest thing ever created. When I don't have much time to game (and what adult does?) I can hop on and see how I fair. The answer: Not so well.
Yep, my work at lunch currently entails: 1. eating for twenty minutes or so, 2. thorough hand washing (obviously) and 3. EG dailies.

Love them. Great way to grind loyalty as well.

Hey, I'm pretty new at Hot Shots Golf (this is actually the first golf game I've ever put effort into) but if you want to play with/completely decimate a noob, feel free to add me on PSN: Dante_Ravenkin

krae_man

Changing where you hit the ball left to right will put curve on the ball. You do that if you want to hit your shot around an obsticle like a tree for example.

see5harp

I really wish there was a way to share videos. This game is great but really does feel like a repurposed PSP game. Really this is the type of game that would require someone a few hours to figure out something like that. There's literally like 8 variables maximum to save per shot. They already have the feature programmed because you can save shots.

krae_man

I really wish there was a way to share videos. This game is great but really does feel like a repurposed PSP game. Really this is the type of game that would require someone a few hours to figure out something like that. There's literally like 8 variables maximum to save per shot. They already have the feature programmed because you can save shots.

Problem is you don't save shots, you save entire holes. If you have an awesome chip in for birdie on a par 5, you have to sit through the first 3 shots before you see the good one.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

I'd be down with YT integration for highlights. :D

see5harp

Problem is you don't save shots, you save entire holes. If you have an awesome chip in for birdie on a par 3, you have to sit through the first 3 shots before you see the good one.

I don't get the difference. You can save entire matches of Halo or edit them down into clips. The replay files are probably smaller than the trophy data you sync on a daily basis. You Tube integration would be nice, but being able to see your friends shared videos on your Vita would be more useful (especially because you wouldn't even be able to see the video if it were on You Tube).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I would just want links to post in here myself. Had some sweeeet shots yesterday. Man there's nothing like that feeling of "ooh nice approach . . . OMG OMG it's going to go in [fist pump]"

see5harp

I really don't get the fascination with you tube support. The video is much smaller if you just save the presence data that your Vita is already saving. You can also adjust the cameras on the fly.

Top Bottom