• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrities that have drastically changed their appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMUSIX

Not sure why, but I always find it fascinating when a celeb shows up with a completely different look. Be it through plastic surgery, or a new lifestyle, or weight gain/loss, it just amazes me when it happens. Seems to me that their appearance is part of their 'brand' and changing that would simply hurt them professionally, the same way Pepsi changing their logo was a risk.

But, yeah, sort of starting this thread with the hope of seeing a number of examples of this....the obvious ones are there (Lohan, Jameson, Carrot Top, Vanilla Ice) but so many have gone through this sort of metamorphosis, like "reality TV star" Jodie Marsh:

T3FCF.jpg

AMUSIX

Leona Lewis said:
ashlee-simpson-hair-09182011-thumbnail.jpg

From annoying rebellious teenager to classy (but still talentless) beauty.
Wow, I know it's mostly just the hair, but that middle look really doesn't work for her at all...like an awkward transitional phase.

AMUSIX

This one's a little weird to me. I'm all for him losing the weight, but he just doesn't look proportionally correct now...as if the weightloss was anything but natural...
PLiP3.jpg

and this one, for that matter...though his looks far more natural...
TphTD.jpg

MC Safety

this guy said:
What in the bronze fuck...?

I think the idea is that if you do any kind of bodybuilding competitions, the judges frown on tattoos. The woman probably has to brown up enough to passably hide her many tattoos.

And I'll never understand why beautiful women choose to roll the dice with plastic surgery, especially since there are so many cautionary tales.

B.K.

dvdjamm said:
Mickey Rourke

Mickey-Rourke34349.jpg
bad-plastic-surgery_mickey-rourke.jpg

But wasn't his change the result of a motorcycle accident and getting a horrible plastic surgeon after the accident? That's a lot different than someone disfiguring themselves on purpose.

charsace

dvdjamm said:
Mickey Rourke

http://www.feelny.net/photo/Mickey-Rourke34349.jpg[/I[IMG]http://www.cosmeticcelebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/bad-plastic-surgery_mickey-rourke.jpg[/QUOTE]
Boxing, motorcycle accident and surgeries for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom