• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uhm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Boogie said:
:lol

A little more elite than that.

oh, oh that is too rich. I imagine that image is sort of like the first time God rained mana upon their head, their delicious honey cakes a reprive from the horrors around them. And truly, only an image of a line up of canadian mounties could provide a more hilarious god-given gift of absolute hammer-on-nail perfection.

tecupcopter said:
YOU GOT LIED TO OVER SOUTH PARK.

Well I appreciate the fact that you believe it is prudent to sometimes allow yourself to get walked all over, but in this life I hold my standards to be true throughout all aspects. If someone lies to me, it's disrespect. There's no "shrugging your shoulders" at someone who disrespects you - not to mention I was going to do just that, merely because it was my mother, until she decided to slam a purse against my face.

Incognito said:
Who else is he going to discuss this with? :lol

I'm all talked out! I've told this story so many times now, it's only fair GAF gets in on SOME of the fun.

Rorschach

Karma Kramer said:
woah...

this thread is way too personal. Are you sure you want to discuss this type of stuff on GAF Amirox?
Well, at least they helped him calm down and now he won't go to jail and he'll get to have visits from his sisters. Success!

Boogie

Amir0x said:
oh, oh that is too rich. I imagine that image is sort of like the first time God rained mana upon their head, their delicious honey cakes a reprive from the horrors around them. And truly, only an image of a line up of canadian mounties could provide a more hilarious god-given gift of absolute hammer-on-nail perfection.

now go on and tell me more how I'm overcompensating for being "pussyless". that will entertain me for hours. :lol

Amir0x

Banned
Boogie said:
now go on and tell me more how I'm overcompensating for being "pussyless". that will entertain me for hours. :lol

No no, you go and become a canadian mountie. And then come and post pictures. oh please, please, please do this. Unless that WAS a picture of you in there? Oh man, I just... yeah man you gotta do it. Make sure you stand proud too, as if your accomplishment speaks for itself.

Amir0x said:
Well I appreciate the fact that you believe it is prudent to sometimes allow yourself to get walked all over, but in this life I hold my standards to be true throughout all aspects. If someone lies to me, it's disrespect. There's no "shrugging your shoulders" at someone who disrespects you - not to mention I was going to do just that, merely because it was my mother, until she decided to slam a purse against my face.

Not watching ten minutes of South Park is not getting walked over, it's called being the better man and just rising above the bullshit that plagues our daily lives and getting on with it. She lied about TV, she was obviously pissed off at something first, and as if you've never lied to or disrespected her in the past. Or anyone in fact. The purse thing was wrong, we all recognise it, but that doesn't mean you were legally entitled to, or even morally right to do the shit you did afterwards.

You sound like a really disrespectful person anyway, so I don't see how you're getting off on pretending it was all an issue of defending your honour or something.

Amir0x

Banned
teacupcopter said:
Not watching ten minutes of South Park is not getting walked over, it's called being the better man and just rising above the bullshit that plagues our daily lives and getting on with it. She lied about TV, she was obviously pissed off at something first, and as if you've never lied to or disrespected her in the past. Or anyone in fact. The purse thing was wrong, we all recognise it, but that doesn't mean you were legally entitled to, or even morally right to do the shit you did afterwards.

No, she plainly lied. She said go upstairs and watch it there. I did it, begrudgingly, but it was done. Then she tells me I can't do it, my other sister has the television. That's called a lie. In my group of friends, or family, when you lie it's disrespect. There's no other word for it. I'm an adult, and they are all also adults. We're way past the age of teenage deception and immature black and white views. This wasn't a lie to try to not hurt someone's feelings, it wasn't a lie to try to avoid a larger argument, it was plain a simple a lie. It was a lie about a trivial thing, but it was a lie. And I don't a **** what place you come from where lies, no matter how small, are worth shrugging off, but it ain't here. 'Cause everyone is well aware what occurs when you lie. You lose the respect of those around you, plain and simple.

I mean of course then she went a slammed a purse across my face. That's what we call around here an end to all rationality.

teacupcopter said:
You sound like a really disrespectful person anyway, so I don't see how you're getting off on pretending it was all an issue of defending your honour or something.

Of course I'm a disrespectful person. we've established that when someone lies, no matter how small, they do not deserve respect. We've also established that the hilarious pocono police, with their ridiculous protocols and their condescending attitudes from the start, are also not deserving of respect.

Those that get my respect have earned it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh jeez, does thread bring back some e-memories, anyway, so you are not going to jail for three months then Ami.

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
Oh jeez, does thread bring back some e-memories, anyway, so you are not going to jail for three months then Ami.

Unless my mom deems that I have done something to her or one of my family members that she feels is 'threatening.' In which case she can call the police at any time, and the papers she has states that I must serve a mandatory 90 days in prison.

Branduil

Amir0x said:
Of course I'm a disrespectful person. we've established that when someone lies, they do not deserve respect. We've also established that the hilarious pocono police, with their ridiculous protocols and their condescending attitudes from the start, are also not deserving of respect.

Amir0x, perhaps it would be helpful to apply this same principle to others. What did you do, in this particular situation, to earn the respect of the police officers, or your mother? Yes, she was wrong to hit you, but were you right to throw a fit over 10 minutes of television? It doesn't make you a lesser man to grin and bear it in such a situation.

Boogie

Amir0x said:
. We've also established that the hilarious pocono police, with their ridiculous protocols and their condescending attitudes from the start, are also not deserving of respect.

How be we play a game where you imagine their perspective? They're investigating a domestic disturbance where someone may have assaulted their mother, and while they're trying to take statements to determine what happened, you won't shut the **** up and let them do their jobs. They tell you to calm down, then they warn you. You still don't listen and keep running your mouth.

Why are they supposed to be respecting you at this point? What have you done to "earn" their respect?

edit: drinky knows what's up.

what's this teenaged "disrespect" shit? wtf, did i just stumble into a locker room, minus the -- i assume -- homosexual tension?

people will disrespect you every single day. when they push you to act in an equally disrespectable way, you ****in' lose. suck it down, rocky balboa. a dude worthy of respect doesn't act like a family tiff is the same as xerxes burning his village -- unless he's mainlining horse testosterone straight into his shrunken scrotum, of course.

Amir0x

Banned
Branduil said:
Amir0x, perhaps it would be helpful to apply this same principle to others. What did you do, in this particular situation, to earn the respect of the police officers, or your mother? Yes, she was wrong to hit you, but were you right to throw a fit over 10 minutes of television? It doesn't make you a lesser man to grin and bear it in such a situation.

I didn't throw a fit. I was annoyed, as most people would be, that they had to stop watching a television show half way through. But that's just trivial shit, something one DOES shrug their shoulders over. But I did anyway, with minimal argument. The argument didn't really start until I learned she LIED to me about me being able to continue the show elsewhere.

it's the lie that caused me to be irate, and it's the purse against the face that caused it to be the end of rationality.

I'm very glad that some people feel being lied to, as long as it's a small enough lie, is something that's perfectly acceptable to 'shrug your shoulders' about, but that's not how my principles work. And there's nothing immature about that. A lie is a lie.

Drinky Crow said:
what's this teenaged "disrespect" shit? wtf, did i just stumble into a locker room, minus the -- i assume -- homosexual tension?

people will disrespect you every single day. when they push you to act in an equally disrespectable way, you ****in' lose. suck it down, rocky balboa. a dude worthy of respect doesn't act like a family tiff is the same as xerxes burning his village -- unless he's mainlining horse testosterone straight into his shrunken scrotum, of course.

It wasn't anything but a regular family argument UNTIL she hit me across the face with the purse. I'm sorry, but here, that is the modern equivalent of xerxes burning down his village. If that's something you accept willingly, and without recourse, then It's not me with the problem

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
Unless my mom deems that I have done something to her or one of my family members that she feels is 'threatening.' In which case she can call the police at any time, and the papers she has states that I must serve a mandatory 90 days in prison.

Well, given the picture painted, that is rather disquieting.

Branduil

Amir0x said:
I didn't throw a fit. I was annoyed, as most people would be, that they had to stop watching a television show half way through. But that's just trivial shit, something one DOES shrug their shoulders over. But I did anyway, with minimal argument. The argument didn't really start until I learned she LIED to me about me being able to continue the show elsewhere.

it's the lie that caused me to be irate, and it's the purse against the face that caused it to be the end of rationality.

I'm very glad that some people feel being lied to, as long as it's a small enough lie, is something that's perfectly acceptable to 'shrug your shoulders' about, but that's not how my principles work. And there's nothing immature about that. A lie is a lie.

It's not about it being okay to lie. It's not. But there's no need to become irate about it unless it's a life-threatening situation. If you have really strong principles in this area then it would most likely be more productive to calmly explain why you don't like being lied to, instead of becoming angry over a trivial matter.

Amir0x

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
jesus christ why doncha come save my life now
open my eyes blind me with your light now

I don't know, first maybe you'd need to be hit across the face with a concrete slab. Then perhaps you'd feel angry enough to actually show something approximating balls.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Amir0x said:
It wasn't anything but a regular family argument UNTIL she hit me across the face with the purse. I'm sorry, but here, that is the modern equivalent of xerxes burning down his village. If that's something you accept willingly, and without recourse, then It's not me with the problem
That's not something you accept willingly, but I wonder if your principles dictate self-destruction as means of getting back at people who disrespect you. That'll teach 'em. :p

she LIED about letting me watch the last ten minutes of an episode of South Park i'd already seen

LIED!!

and so my mother who has LUPUS swung her PURSE and hit me in my FACE! it felt like BRICKS, you know, the kind of immense force a PURSE being swung by an OLD WOMAN with LUPUS brings

and so i pinned down her crippled ass on the bed and said WHY MOTHER, WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME

and then John Law entered the equation and i was all SUCK MY DICK JOHN LAW I DO NOT RESPECT YOU and they arrested me THIS IS ALL MY SISTER'S FIANCE'S FAULT, HE WATCHES NERD SHOWS, VIDEOGAME INTERNET FORUM!

so then i get taken to the hospital without my shoes and i tell them i'll put up a struggle and i get released and all of my friends are asleep so i walk like jesus down the highway and ****ing glass and fire ants and pirahna plants and those big worm things from tremors are cutting the shit out of my feet and i'm hitch hiking and the ****ing cops arrest me AGAIN and take me back to the one police station in town which is like 6 hours barefoot walk away!

so now it's 9am and i don't call my friends because, uh, yeah so anyway i get to buy hobo shoes and i walk onto a bus and make it home

GOD WHY IS MY MOTHER SO IRRATIONAL

Boogie

Mike Works said:
and so my mother who has LUPUS swung her PURSE and hit me in my FACE! it felt like BRICKS, you know, the kind of immense force a PURSE being swung by an OLD WOMAN with LUPUS brings

:lol

i once got hit in the back of a head with a tire iron and knocked the **** out. fortunately, when i recovered, i decided not retaliating in a game of mutual bludgeoning was the better course of action. as a result, i have exactly zero restraining orders on my record. yay me!

but you go ahead and crusade in a world where respect is a currency earned by means other than simply existing and thinking highly of one's self. on the other hand, i can't say i like the slope of your personal golgotha.

Diffense

lol...was all this hurt to yourself worth it? The police probably forgot about you already and your mother got the legal judgement against you. You're the person suffering the most, physically and emotionally, and you're inflicting it all on yourself. I'm half expecting you to post and say this was all made up.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Drinky Crow said:
i once got hit in the back of a head with a tire iron and knocked the **** out. fortunately, when i recovered, i decided not retaliating in a game of mutual bludgeoning was the better course of action. as a result, i have exactly zero restraining orders on my record. yay me!
You told me you gave his name to Mr. Ballmer, and a week later his rectum got 3 sizes larger.

Rorschach

Amir0x said:
*points to the tv*

THIS. IS. SOUTHPARK!!!

*kicks enfeebled mother in the chest*

Amir0x

Banned
Drinky Crow said:

but you go ahead and crusade in a world where respect is a currency earned by means other than simply existing and thinking highly of one's self. on the other hand, i can't say i like the slope of your personal golgotha.

You got knocked in the head with a tire iron, and was knocked out. And your next course of action was to walk away? I assume you couldn't retaliate since you got your ass knocked out, after all. I mean, if you didn't even make sure he went to jail, then you really are a big pussy.

But yeah, I mean, I'm happy you think being walked over is the zen course to respect but pretty much anyone who has anything approaching real respect knows it is something earned. One does not merely respect someone for doing nothing at all. And losing respect is far easier. Lying, using violence, etc - those are 'loss of respect' scenarios. The same as how I lost respect for "authority" in general for something else entirely unrelated to this event.

Boogie

Amir0x said:
I mean, if you didn't even make sure he went to jail, then you really are a big pussy.

He's the pussy?

You're the one who flipped out after being hit in the face with a purse swung by an old woman with a disease.

But yeah, I mean, I'm happy you think being walked over is the zen course to respect but pretty much anyone who has anything approaching real respect knows it is something earned. One does not merely respect someone for doing nothing at all. And losing respect is far easier. Lying, using violence, etc - those as 'loss of respect' scenarios.

oh, and what have you done to earn respect, Amirox?

Amir: Thats a pretty dumb reason to get pissed. Your mom was right to have hit you. You probably made your sisters Fiance feel like shit over a TV show. One second you go on about how you are an adult and dont live in that house and then you tell your mom you grew up in that house as if you have some ownership because of it.

But really you need to control your temper. Should have been calm once the cops came for sure.

way more

Don't piss her off by intruding on the the restraining order. That would just prove her right and you would be labeled a mother batterer the rest of your life. You would be forced to talk to every mother when you move into a new neighborhood and inform them you mistreat mothers. For a mom as crazy as yours just wait 10 days and live at a friends. By then she will freak out about your safety and start crying about ever having called the cops.

Restraining order lifted, you go back home, and you sister gets the TV. Everyone wins!

shuri

Banned
Amirox, may i recommend some key Linking Park songs that might help you cope with the pain of not being understood by your mom? seriosly dude.

Branduil

Man that Atticus from To Kill a Mockingbird is such a pussy. When he didn't retaliate to that drunken racist's threats I just lost all respect for his character. A real man would have boiled over with impotent rage and punched him straight through the heart with his mighty man-fists.

Man my re-make of that movie is going to be so great. This time, dead Mockingbirds will fall from the sky like rain.

Chipopo

Banned
Amir0x said:
You got knocked in the head with a tire iron, and was knocked out. And your next course of action was to walk away? I assume you couldn't retaliate since you got your ass knocked out, after all. I mean, if you didn't even make sure he went to jail, then you really are a big pussy.

But yeah, I mean, I'm happy you think being walked over is the zen course to respect but pretty much anyone who has anything approaching real respect knows it is something earned. One does not merely respect someone for doing nothing at all. And losing respect is far easier. Lying, using violence, etc - those are 'loss of respect' scenarios. The same as how I lost respect for "authority" in general for something else entirely unrelated to this event.

lol. Grow up.

Boogie

Branduil said:
Man that Atticus from To Kill a Mockingbird is such a pussy. When he didn't retaliate to that drunken racist's threats I just lost all respect for his character. A real man would have boiled over with impotent rage and punched him straight through the heart with his mighty man-fists.

Man my re-make of that movie is going to be so great. This time, dead Mockingbirds will fall from the sky like rain.

:lol nice.

Amir0x

Banned
Boogie said:
He's the pussy?

You're the one who flipped out after being hit in the face with a purse swung by an old woman with a disease.

First, Mike Works retardation means nothing because being hit with a purse with heavy objects inside hurts. I did get a mark on my face for it, so, even a lady with lupus can cause injury. But I didn't even care about that. I cared about the fact that she ****ing hit me. Mike Works may be the socially inept retard who sits around allowing his boss to jizz on his face and then stands proud in the McDonalds bathroom afterwards knowing he is the one with true respect, but I on the other hand take appropriate action when someone attacks me violently. With, or without an illness.

And Flipped out? Yes, I restrained her from causing further violence and then she called the police. When the police came, I got irate when she sat their lying. I think we have different definitions of flipping out.

Boogie said:
oh, and what have you done to earn respect, Amirox?

To who? I have earned respect from some, and I have yet to earn respect from others. I am WAAAAY past earning respect from my mother, so in this specific instance, your question is answered that simply.

I want to say that anger is weakness, but I feel like it could be a slippery slope towards apathy and a passionless life. I'll just say that it's great to have a solid set of morals and a strong feeling of right and wrong, but a man must be supple as a reed, rather than stubborn as a rock. Do you want to be the type of person who feels one way is the only way? You'll turn out like your mom! She was just upholding her own morals (I guess "fiancees of daughters get TV priority" is a moral? Guests first?) by any means necessary, just like you. Do you want to clash with everyone who doesn't meet your requirements for respect? Sure, she had no right to hit you, but you made your situation much worse when you lost your cool in front of the cops. Even if she is lying HER ASS OFF to the cops, you have to keep your cool or you just prove her right. ANY cop, whether they have "earned" your respect or not, would consider you a threat and make your life hard.

Please ignore the above if you are the type of person who likes conflict and finds meaning in a difficult life under the auspices of "defending your principles." Also ignore it if you think you're "better" than other people because of your beliefs.

still confused how you hold the fact that you dont live in the house as being a sign of independence and then later mention that you grew up in the house so you should ahve more tv rights :lol

reaaaally. i'm pretty sure respect is a positive thing, not a diagnosis of testosterone poisoning.

my next action was to experience blinding pain and the singularly unpleasant feeling of asphalt puncturing one's cheek, so, no i didn't immediately think of getting back in my truck, tracking down the person, and exacting bronson-style vengeance for wounded ****ing pride. i did however reflect and realize i had something resembling a future i didn't want to squander, and that most people would think i was ****ing retarded for perpetuating a stupid feud -- one which i started by chucking a washer with nails welded on it at him after shop class, i might add.

you acted like a big sobby pussy, plain and simple, and your response caused further diminished respect for you from your mother, your siblings, and your community. people respect self-control, measured responses, and situational skills. they don't respect shrill freakouts at the cops and chest-beating martyrdom. you were the one who craved their respect so badly you were willing to trade sitcom comebacks with a cop to prove that they better respect and fear you, all the while giving them the ammunition they need to ensure that you'll keep begging for it.

no balls, there. you didn't rule the situation. no-one has yet said "that amirox, he did the right thing by flippin' out at the cops and his mom." you're tryin' to act like you had some sort of noble cause, but the truth is you just threw a giant-ass tantrum and then played the "disrespect" card to justify it. that's not leonidas; that's patrick bateman. minus the cool business cards, of course.

Blader

Amir0x said:
No, she plainly lied. She said go upstairs and watch it there. I did it, begrudgingly, but it was done. Then she tells me I can't do it, my other sister has the television.

Poor baby!

Amirox said:
I'm an adult, and they are all also adults. We're way past the age of teenage deception and immature black and white views.

I think this thread proves that you are not an adult, and that you haven't gotten past the age of teenage anything. Seriously, read back some of your posts to yourself. Your mother screwed you out of a TV show... so you interpret that as a personal offense, blow up in her face, and are now trying to deliberately go to jail so that you can one-up the lady.

OVER A TV SHOW.

Grow up, cut this ridiculous shit about disrespect (as if you were part of the mafia or something), and put things into perspective. I'm not saying to take things lying down, but part of being mature is knowing what's worth fighting over and what isn't.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
maury.jpg

Diffense

Anyone can get angry, act rashly, or retaliate after experiencing some injustice. That's the easiest way to act in such a situation. The strong person is one that still has the presence of mind to evaluate the situation and take the course of action that will work out best for himself.

If you're driving on the highway in a car and a trailer starts encroaching on your lane illegally you don't accelerate and crash into it to punish it. Most sensible persons would let it through and possibly record the license number for future action.

You could have avoided escalating things with your mom and even after that you could have spoken calmy to the police, who weren't even there for most of the incident. Instead you came off as rude and imbalanced, not even respecting law enforcers, and therefore probably capable of assualting his mother.

Amir0x

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
preaaaally. i'm pretty sure respect is a positive thing, not a diagnosis of testosterone poisoning.

my next action was to experience blinding pain and the singularly unpleasant feeling of asphalt puncturing one's cheek, so, no i didn't immediately think of getting back in my truck, tracking down the person, and exacting bronson-style vengeance for wounded ****ing pride. i did however reflect and realize i had something resembling a future i didn't want to squander, and that most people would think i was ****ing retarded for perpetuating a stupid feud -- one which i started by chucking a washer with nails welded on it at after during shop class, i might add.

What future would you have squandered to make the person who did that understand in no uncertain terms that you're not the type of person who easily takes tire irons to the ****ing head? That's not a measure of testosterone poisoning - that's a measure of common ****ing sense. You don't need to murder the individual to teach them a lesson. In this case, my mom's biggest fear was being embarrassed. That's what she kept saying. My vengeance, immature though you may label it, was to make sure she got embarrassed. Because she hit me across the ****ing face with a purse. It's that simple. It's not Leonidis, it's not Patrick Bateman. It's Amir0x knowing when it's time to let people know there are ****ing limits.

Otherwise you're the type of person who sits around all day waiting to get your tiny balls twisted every time someone feels like it, merely because you may ruin some "future" you claim you have. To do what? Write shitty reviews for terrible RPGs? To post essays on GAF worthy of getting the ninthing horde worked up? Please. Sometimes you need to show people the boundaries, so that other people don't pass them in the future. It's that simple.

When someone lies to you, you tell them why you don't appreciate it and why it causes you to lose respect for them. If someone lies to you and them slams a tire iron across your head, then you ****ing find them and kick it up a notch. It has nothing to do with testosterone, and continually associating it with that shows that you're precisely the type of person that I can walk up to, piss in his mouth, and get absolutely no retaliation in kind because you're a pussy worthy of legend. That's not the type of person I am. If you think boundaries are a bad thing, something weak-minded individuals with a little too much testosterone do, then the character you play on GAF suddenly makes a lot more sense.

Somnid

Let's be rational here, just about everyone is telling you you ****ed up. Sure your mother was probably a psycho bitch but that doesn't excuse you either. Yes in your mind you're the one who was right, but let it go, this isn't worth it. You could have easily turned the tables here, but that ship has sailed thanks to your idiocy, the ball is in her court, best not exacerbate the situation further.

Boogie

Diffense said:
Anyone can get angry, act rashly, or retaliate after experiencing some injustice. That's the easiest way to act in such a situation. The strong person is one that still has the presence of mind to evaluate the situation and take the course of action that will work out best for himself.

ding, another winner!

Shard said:
So on the backfire scale where does this thread rate?

gotta be pretty damn close to a 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom