• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Freeloader for Wii Thread of Joy, Happiness, Answers, Bloody NMH and BRAWL

The Brawl update just updates the disc drive to read dual layered discs? The slot loading disc drivers are non region specific I assume.

I just hope future updates in your region don't conflict for your sake.

batbeg

DKehoe said:
Right, got it running. Here is what you need to do: put in the Brawl disc and choose the disc channel from the menu, the Wii will do an update and after that you can play Brawl using the freeloader disc. Enjoy! :D

...I bet you're just fucking with people to get them to brick their Wiis :lol

My order is still paid/unshipped and I feel like I'm going to lose my mind as I can't make outward calls and they won't answer my e-mails and I'm leaving here on Saturday morning :-\

DKehoe

batbeg said:

My order is still paid/unshipped and I feel like I'm going to lose my mind as I can't make outward calls and they won't answer my e-mails and I'm leaving here on Saturday morning :-\

Haha, I wouldn't do that. I was worried it would brick it too but decided to risk it.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
DKehoe said:
Haha, I wouldn't do that. I was worried it would brick it too but decided to risk it.
You know you've been lucky, don't you? :|

batbeg said:
Yesterday evening I got a mail with a code for returning mine (it hasn't shipped yet, I just asked for the order to be canceled), and then it got changed into On Hold / Paid / Unshipped.
Now it's Processing again :lol

Ramenman

batbeg said:

You're the one taking risks here.

Order it from someplace else, and sell the second one.

DKehoe

Jocchan said:
You know you've been lucky, don't you? :|

I know, very lucky. But I wanted me some Smash Bros and if my Wii had bricked I have a friend who could have replaced it pretty easily.

batbeg

Ramenman said:
You're the one taking risks here.

Order it from someplace else, and sell the second one.

I have all of £20 left in my account and still have to eat for this week :( God damn why is their customer service so piss-poor? Oh well, worst comes to worst I just have to wait for a month before I can play any imports.

What would be hilarious is if Freeloader appeared on the Euro/Chart Track charts for this week above other Wii games.

I know Norton Virus scan counts as SW so why not this?
batbeg said:
Why is their customer service so piss-poor?
It's not poor, they're a small company and trying to meet demand for a huge audience. To train and hire staff just to launch a cheap boot disc would be ineffective. It will die down in a week or two and they wouldn't need the extra staff. If you want support you phone the toll line and you get what you pay for. Free e.mails are not their priority and not all companies offer you such a service in the first place.

DKehoe said:
Right, got it running. Here is what you need to do: put in the Brawl disc and choose the disc channel from the menu, the Wii will do an update and after that you can play Brawl using the freeloader disc. Enjoy! :D

The console doesn't even recognize the disc. It says (with the question mark) "Unable to read disc". There isn't an update button or something, just Wii Menu

batbeg

Visualante said:
It's not poor, they're a small company and trying to meet demand for a huge audience. To train and hire staff just to launch a cheap boot disc would be ineffective. It will die down in a week or two and they wouldn't need the extra staff. If you want support you phone the toll line and you get what you pay for. Free e.mails are not their priority and not all companies offer you such a service in the first place.

No, it is piss-poor. Their website comes under customer service, and they have a bug which will not let you cancel your order. As they took the money out of my account days ago anyway, I can't have my bank stop them from taking the money, but I can't get a refund because their website is faulty. Sending out orders done more recently over those who ordered when the product first appeared is a bad sign. I know you've been getting butthurt over having to read about people having bad experiences with codejunkies, but really, defending them?

batbeg said:
No, it is piss-poor. Their website comes under customer service, and they have a bug which will not let you cancel your order. As they took the money out of my account days ago anyway, I can't have my bank stop them from taking the money, but I can't get a refund because their website is faulty. Sending out orders done more recently over those who ordered when the product first appeared is a bad sign. I know you've been getting butthurt over having to read about people having bad experiences with codejunkies, but really, defending them?
I'm not defending them. I'm applying some logic. And yes you can stop them taking the money from your bank. I did it to Microsoft all the time with XBOX Live trials. You just couldn't make up your mind whether you wanted it or not before they took the money.

Sending them an e.mail saying please cancel my order is not effective evidently, and I wouldn't even attempt it knowing that it is taking so long to get read. I would've just phoned them up at a cost to myself and got it dealt with immediately. I do question how many of the people are bitching about CodeJunkies because they're too cheap to call them up.

I can't begin to defend their site. Not having a cancel option is pretty pathetic and not doing their customer support staff any favours.

batbeg

Visualante said:
I'm not defending them. I'm applying some logic. And yes you can stop them taking the money from your bank. I did it to Microsoft all the time with XBOX Live trials. You just couldn't make up your mind whether you wanted it or not before they took the money.

Sending them an e.mail saying please cancel my order is not effective evidently, and I wouldn't even attempt it knowing that it is taking so long to get read. I would've just phoned them up at a cost to myself and got it dealt with immediately. I do question how many of the people are bitching about CodeJunkies because they're too cheap to call them up.

Unfortunately I would have called them long ago, but I'm at a university and have to literally buy credit to make phone calls in £10 installments, which is not something I can do just at this moment. As I've already said, I'll live if I have to wait a month (though I sure as hell hope the university doesn't send it back while I'm gone or anything) but I'm just saying their customer service is shit, there is no doubt about that.

Plus I just want to play BKO at last :(

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I've just received this mail from Codejunkies:
Dear Customer

Further to your recent email reference the status of your order containing the Wii Freeloader product, we can confirm that all orders have now been dispatched, please allow 7 days for the delivery of the product.

Thank you for your order
Mine is still Unshipped on the site. I'm guessing they still have to update its status.
So, if you're in the same situation just sit down and wait.

batbeg

:lol Dammit, pretty much confirms that it'll get here after I leave. Unless I'm very lucky. Oh well. Kind of weird timing that I got the e-mail 15 minutes ago as I sent them an e-mail 20 minutes ago though.

Jocchan said:
I've just received this mail from Codejunkies:

Mine is still Unshipped on the site. I'm guessing they still have to update its status.
So, if you're in the same situation just sit down and wait.
I got that same email, i cancelled mine.

Btw, i ordered from Gameseek yesterday, and it still hasnt been dispatched, what the hell is going on??

DKehoe said:
Try doing the method of putting in the Freeloader twice then the disc then try.

I did, I think I got the smokers problem

I will check with my neighbours Wii when they get home this afternoon

Xater

Can we make this the official thread with updated game lists in the op? Then I think it would be a great sticky for us Euros.

Kafel

Banned
Xater said:
Can we make this the official thread with updated game lists in the op? Then I think it would be a great sticky for us Euros.

I think it's how it's being shaped ...

I think lots of you gaffers have the freeloader now, come on, give us your feedback on more games !

Menuboy

Metroid Prime US works on a Euro Wii apart from it has a little slowdown and the title screen graphics aren't there. Wind Waker US doesn't work at all.

batbeg

I asked this before but never really got an answer... if your import Gamecube games don't work, can you use your Wii Freeloader, then your Gamecube Freeloader, and it'll work?

Ramenman

Xater said:

Well, that's exactly what I'm doing :p

Of course due to the fact that many of us either don't have the freeloader or don't have any other games to test than Smash and/or NMH the list does feel quite empty.

But I swear I'm trying :D

Ramenman

Gaffers are so lame I have to rely on non-accepted juniors to do the job ! ;)

5v92lw.png

woobit

Menuboy said:
Metroid Prime US works on a Euro Wii apart from it has a little slowdown and the title screen graphics aren't there. Wind Waker US doesn't work at all.

Epic fail :(

Ordering the PAL then...

I wouldn't trust one person, there are so many variables. Discs could be scratched, or video settings may be wrong, lasers could be screwed and they could just plain be using the Freeloader wrong. I'd want at least three corroborating accounts before I took anything posted in these threads.

woobit

Visualante said:
I wouldn't trust one person, there are so many variables. Discs could be scratched, or video settings may be wrong, lasers could be screwed and they could just plain be using the Freeloader wrong. I'd want at least three corroborating accounts before I took anything posted in these threads.

Thats true, especially if the only have one game to test.

batbeg

Visualante said:

This is true, but it's going to take a while to build up that kind of data and for right now this would at least assure people of things like "Don't go running off to buy the US Wind Waker" or whatever. Hopefully we'll get more information as more comes in (not from me though, I only have the one import game :lol).

Kafel

Banned
I agree to some extent but the first post will become more and more reliable with time.

Now we just need quick news.

Ramenman

woobit said:
Thats true, especially if the only have one game to test.

Well, since Menuboy got Metroid Prime running but not Wind Waker, we're pretty sure Wind Waker doesn't work.
There's no way one game would work and not another if they were both tested on the same console with the same settings.

woobit

Ramenman said:
Well, since Menuboy got Metroid Prime running but not Wind Waker, we're pretty sure Wind Waker doesn't work.
There's no way one game would work and not another if they were both tested on the same console with the same settings.

Of course, I was just speaking generally.

Ok, got my 2 (bah my own fault) copies of the Freeloader today, I only have the US Tales of Symphonia (GC) that's import till my Smash arrives and I only got to the first prompt as I need to track down a GC controller and memory card, but my Wii did recognise it as a GC disc and it did load to a prompt in the game, I'll try and find a controller/card this weekend.

Menuboy

woobit said:
Epic fail :(

Ordering the PAL then...

Ramenman said:

Aye all I can tell you is my own experience. I used the same method for Prime as I did for Wind Waker. Freeloader in, out, game in. I tried both standard cable and RGB, no difference. My Wii settings are also set to 60Hz. It could be my Wind Waker disc but judging by the fact all games that don't work have the same symptoms i'm guessing it simply isn't compatible. Also it recognises Wind Waker as a GC disc it just doesn't run.

Stryder

I just received NTSC copies of Brawl, Endless Ocean, Zack and Wiki and NMH and they are sitting here taunting me whilst I wait for my Freeloader to arrive! Hopefully the ebay seller I bought it through didn't use a stingy postage method. :lol

lopaz

Banned
batbeg said:
:lol Dammit, pretty much confirms that it'll get here after I leave. Unless I'm very lucky. Oh well. Kind of weird timing that I got the e-mail 15 minutes ago as I sent them an e-mail 20 minutes ago though.

Don't give up all hope, once they shipped mine it was there the next morning.

zoukka

DKehoe said:

What firmware did you have before you updated with brawl?

I have 3.0 (cam with PAL SMG) and I'm afraid I can't play NMH without first updating.

When a game has an update aren't you meant to put the Freeloader disc in twice?
Then when you update it only does so selectively, or something like that... so you won't cripple your Wii.

Check the codejunkies FAQ on the product for any comments about specific games too, thats what they recommended.

Although, if you guys want Smash that much you've been willing to be guinea pigs, who are we to argue :D

mandiller

DKehoe said:

Try going into you're Wii's system settings. If they show up just fine then good. If not, semi-bricked.

Ramenman

zoukka said:
What firmware did you have before you updated with brawl?

I have 3.0 (cam with PAL SMG) and I'm afraid I can't play NMH without first updating.

Why ? NMH doesn't have any update with it.

There's no way a game would need an update that is not on the disc.

What would they tell people that don't have their wii connected to internet ? "Okay, you bought the game thanks, but to play it you need an update that you can only download with internet, actually that means you can't play this game lol."

radioheadrule83 said:
When a game has an update aren't you meant to put the Freeloader disc in twice?
Then when you update it only does so selectively, or something like that... so you won't cripple your Wii.

*reads the OP he wrote with love to everyone*

:(

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
zoukka said:
They don't obviously follow the "first come first serve" policy.
Considering I've ordered mine on Feb 28th (minutes after the item went up) and it's still Unshipped on their site, I'd say you're right :lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well if anybody wants a rundown (quickly) of import Gamecube games I can do it for you, I have 30+ US Cube games (and one Japanese copy of Smash) so I'll do my bit of reporting when I get my Freeloader.

Top Bottom