• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Freeloader for Wii Thread of Joy, Happiness, Answers, Bloody NMH and BRAWL

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I'll do the same for the three Japanese GC games I have: Killer7, Viewtiful Joe and PN03.

EDIT:
Nocebo said:
They go by the "We'll take your money and send your product to you when we feel like it... maybe" policy. I ordered mine the 29th. I wonder which will arrive sooner divineo or codejunkies, it's like a race!
The one I bought on Divineo was shipped almost immediately, and it looks like it's on its way.
Your item, posted on 11/03/08 with reference XXXXXXXXXX has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in ITALY.

Nocebo

zoukka said:
They don't obviously follow the "first come first serve" policy.
They go by the "We'll take your money and send your product to you when we feel like it... maybe" policy. I ordered mine the 29th. I wonder which will arrive sooner divineo or codejunkies, it's like a race!

Jocchan said:
The one I bought on Divineo was shipped almost immediately, and it looks like it's on its way.
Yeah mine should be in my country as well. It was shipped on the 11th same as yours. I'm expecting it today.

crispyben

I ordered one Freeloader from CJ on March 1, and now they've told me three times they sent it! Thing is, I can't access their site from work to look into it...

qnuqsl.jpg

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Wow, they got up to order 33XX on March 1st? My order was 24XX on Feb 28th.
They got HALF of the orders they had had in their whole history in TWO days?

Xyphie

They sent me 3 confimation mails aswell. "My account" tab on their website says it's " Complete / Paid / Shipped" and it also has a tracking number on it so it's fine I guess. God, this company and their website is a mess, never ever ordering anything from here again.

zoukka

How could they possibly send 33XX orders when 26XX still sits there waiting? What a joke.

I guess the site choked on the orders.

Shahadan

Didn't receive any confirmation mail but it says "shipped" on the page. You guys make me worry.

Also, it is a 44XX order, and it was shipped on MArch 11 according to the site. Weird.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Mine is order 2465. Still waiting for shipment.

Oh, and Naruto 4 not working, sucks. That's one of my two imported GC games, the other being BK Origins.

Maloney

My order is in 24XX range and was shipped yesterday. I am not too phased about it at the moment though, as I am still waiting for my game to arrive.

webrunner

I have a question:

If you have a Pal Wii, and no Freeloader, and put in a copy of say, brawl or other game that requires and Update, what happens? Where in the process does it get to before it fails for not being a pal game?
1. Show "update required"
2. Allow you to update

If it's a game that doesn't require an update.. how far does it get?

1. Show the name of the game
2. Let you see the channel zoom in
3. Begins launching

[Nintex]

webrunner said:
I have a question:

If you have a Pal Wii, and no Freeloader, and put in a copy of say, brawl or other game that requires and Update, what happens? Where in the process does it get to before it fails for not being a pal game?
1. Show "update required"
2. Allow you to update

If it's a game that doesn't require an update.. how far does it get?

1. Show the name of the game
2. Let you see the channel zoom in
3. Begins launching
It just says there's nothing in the disc drive. NTSC games won't load anything on a PAL console unless you use the Freeloader.

webrunner

[Nintex] said:
It just says there's nothing in the disc drive. NTSC games won't load anything on a PAL console unless you use the Freeloader.

Okay, if the freeloader skips the update process (regardless of which method) and the update doesnt show up without the freeloader. then how did DKehoe somehow load the update on NTSC Brawl on his PAL system? It seems to me that that process should be impossible.

[Nintex]

webrunner said:
Okay, if the freeloader skips the update process (regardless of which method) and the update doesnt show up without the freeloader. then how did DKehoe somehow load the update on NTSC Brawl on his PAL system? It seems to me that that process should be impossible.
He used the Freeloader.

webrunner

[Nintex] said:
He used the Freeloader.

But if I'm reading the thread correctly, the freeloader skips requiring the update. The only thing close is the Alternative Method, but that's not 'letting the update download'.

So if he's
1) not updating with freeloader
and
2) not updating without freeloader

How is he updating?

zoukka

Dear Customer

Further to your recent email reference the status of your order containing the Wii Freeloader product, we can confirm that all orders have now been despatched, please allow 7 days for the delivery of the product.

Thank you for your order

I guess ever order is now on the way. Mine still says "unshipped".

How long has the shipping been guys? UK residents naturally get it fast but how bout more distant countries? Nordic dudes??

Would be ace to get it for the weekend.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Freeloader came today! :D

NMH is ohh so good :D:D

That was well worth the trouble with code junkies etc.

crispyben

crispyben said:
I have now received seven more confirmation e-mails, bringing my grand total to 10 in 2 hours :lol
And now 2 more! That Freeloader better be home soon, even though I still haven't ordered any game for it... Still waiting on confirmation for US Bully on PAL Wii :D

Kyosuke

My Freeloader arrived today (ordered from Amazon Marketplace), but still no Brawl. I hope my copy arrives this weekend or else I'll be a sad panda.

Ramenman

legend166 said:
i'm happy I held off on this. Seems to be quite a few issues.

Actually not, the only issues experienced so far are for GameCube games, which comes as a "bonus" since it's first meant to play Wii Games.

Ramenman

webrunner said:
But if I'm reading the thread correctly, the freeloader skips requiring the update. The only thing close is the Alternative Method, but that's not 'letting the update download'.

So if he's
and

How is he updating?

You're right, it's quite a mess come to read his posts again.

But the only way he could have got it to update was via the freeloader anyway.

crispyben

The only thing holding me back from importing SSBB is the lack of feedback on the online portion of the game while using the Freeloader: how is the lag? what are the chances of being able to play with PAL copies whenever they become available? since it seems to be P2P, only the distance should matter, right?

woobit

SovanJedi said:
Well if anybody wants a rundown (quickly) of import Gamecube games I can do it for you, I have 30+ US Cube games (and one Japanese copy of Smash) so I'll do my bit of reporting when I get my Freeloader.

Give us everything :p

DKehoe

webrunner said:

So if he's
and

How is he updating?
Alternate boot method (putting in disc twice) then choosing the disc channel from the menu prompted an update, after that I can now play the game fine (using the normal method of the freloader). Hope that helps.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Maybe you won't care, but a few hours ago I got back home and noticed my order was still unshipped.

So, recalling this mail they sent me yesterday (Mar 12th) claiming every single order including mine had already shipped, I mailed them again.

A few minutes ago, I got back on Codejunkies and noticed it finally got changed to Shipped!
But...
2wriy3o.jpg

Let's see... We have no tracking number, and no confirmation mail (while some people here got spammed a lot)... And look at the shipping date... It says March 13th!

THERE'S CLEARLY A CONTRADICTION HERE!
t8lwet.gif

Shahadan said:
Also, it is a 44XX order
Wow!

Ramenman

crispyben said:
The only thing holding me back from importing SSBB is the lack of feedback on the online portion of the game while using the Freeloader: how is the lag? what are the chances of being able to play with PAL copies whenever they become available? since it seems to be P2P, only the distance should matter, right?

I think I'll update the OP since this one is frequently asked.

Online Brawl is NOT "region locked", the only thing that could prevent you to play with a friend is him being too far away from you to allow for a sufficiently lag-less match, and by "too far away" I mean "really, REEALLY far away" since US players are within reach of European players.
So yeah, with your US copy you'll be able to play with your PAL friends. Actually you'll even get a better connection quality.

Shahadan

Jocchan said:
A few minutes ago, I got back on Codejunkies and noticed it finally got changed to Shipped!
But...
2wriy3o.jpg

Let's see... We have no tracking number, and no confirmation mail (while some people here got spammed a lot)... And look at the shipping date... It says March 13th!

Same here with the missing tracking number :/ But shipped on march 11. Should I begin to worry ? :€

I can immediately test a bunch of Zelda games (The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Four Swords+, Collector's Edition and Ocarina of Time/Master Quest NTSC-J GCN on NTSC-U Wii) when it comes in on Monday (if it doesn't come sooner), but I have to get NTSC-J Brawl from my friend to try out. I have no other Wii imports, but I am importing NTSC-J Mario Kart Wii, but that's still like a month away.

Edit: Ok, they really suck at shipping. Now the UPS tracking # says it has been rescheduled IN TRANSIT and has been delayed to Wed, March 19th now. Seriously...lame. This is now going to be 12 day shipping on the 3-6 day shipping I paid for.

batbeg

Okay, I'm serious... for anyone who can not get a Gamecube game to work, have you tried using the Wii Freeloader to see if the Gamecube Freeloader will then work? I think this is a very obvious thing to try but I've still yet to get an answer on it...

batbeg said:
Okay, I'm serious... for anyone who can not get a Gamecube game to work, have you tried using the Wii Freeloader to see if the Gamecube Freeloader will then work? I think this is a very obvious thing to try but I've still yet to get an answer on it...

I can try that when I get the Wii Freeloader in...I also have PAL GCN titles I can try on my NTSC-U unit as well.

Menuboy

batbeg said:

I don't know whether you mean the Gamecube freeloader for the Wii or the original Gamecube freeloader. I tried the very original which I used with my cube with the new Wii freeloader, I got a disc error.

batbeg

Menuboy said:
I don't know whether you mean the Gamecube freeloader for the Wii or the original Gamecube freeloader. I tried the very original which I used with my cube with the new Wii freeloader, I got a disc error.

What I mean is, did you try loading the Freeloader (Gamecube) in the same way as you would load any other import games with the Freeloader (Wii)? You know, put in Wii Freeloader, then put in Gamecube Freeloader, then put in Gamecube import which previously didn't work with Wii Freeloader.

Menuboy

batbeg said:
What I mean is, did you try loading the Freeloader (Gamecube) in the same way as you would load any other import games with the Freeloader (Wii)? You know, put in Wii Freeloader, then put in Gamecube Freeloader, then put in Gamecube import which previously didn't work with Wii Freeloader.

That's exactly what I did and got a disc error when I put in the Gamecube freeloader.

Derekb

Could someone please give an indication of the time it takes to boot up an import game including swapping? I had a Freeloader for NGC and the swapping process got to be really tedious after awhile.

Menuboy

I'm guessing one of the firmware updates blocked the original freeloader. Takes about 10 seconds for the freeloader to do its thing. Then it's just put in the game. Or like with games with updates, put in the freeloader twice.

crispyben

Ramenman said:
I think I'll update the OP since this one is frequently asked.

Online Brawl is NOT "region locked", the only thing that could prevent you to play with a friend is him being too far away from you to allow for a sufficiently lag-less match, and by "too far away" I mean "really, REEALLY far away" since US players are within reach of European players.
So yeah, with your US copy you'll be able to play with your PAL friends. Actually you'll even get a better connection quality.
Super, merci Pef !

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Ok Guys, Freeloader is in the House!

Tested and Working

Wii: No More Heroes (already known, but Wii Key owners relax!)
NGC: Store Kiosk Demo (don't have any games tested yet)

Will try more and have proof for all when I get home.

AtreyU

Neo Member
naruto works.

What's funny is that the backup of the freeloader will work with backups of wii games. so dont take your originals out of their packaging and you will only need one original ever in mint condition forever :)

Hesemonni

Banned
AtreyU said:
What's funny is that the backup of the freeloader will work with backups of wii games. so dont take your originals out of their packaging and you will only need one original ever in mint condition forever :)
Are you shitting me now?

If that's really true it ... sucks. Because you can count on Nintendo putting extra effort on blocking such an easy way to play pirated games.

Top Bottom