• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

I don't know what it is about the Infamous shots - I can appreciate that the quality is amazing but something about them doesn't sit right with me. They're almost TOO shiny, and the world can't quite match the quality of the characters which makes me think they look a little out of place. Perhaps its just the artstyle that doesn't jive with me so much. Maybe I like my game less realistic :)

-griffy-

Banned
Guess who just got his beanie :D

13222821003_c4b72aea1d_o.png
This shot in particular....oh man...the IQ...ugh.

MYE

I don't know what it is about the Infamous shots - I can appreciate that the quality is amazing but something about them doesn't sit right with me. They're almost TOO shiny, and the world can't quite match the quality of the characters which makes me think they look a little out of place. Perhaps its just the artstyle that doesn't jive with me so much. Maybe I like my game less realistic :)

Yeah the world looks like its made of oiled up plastic and rubber. Its too clean, yet it has detail. Its odd.
The characters look like they were photoshoped as miniature figures in the "PEACE" screenshot.

Technically impressive in terms of IQ, I guess. But artistically pretty bleh.
Killzone 4 looks more "next gen", as far as PS4 exclusives go.

Krisprolls

Banned
What would you say SD does better than Infamous though? I would contend in terms of visuals, Infamous has it beat in pretty much every category. Character models for instance are streets ahead, modelling and lighting are also better.

Yeah, they're hardly on the same page. Infamous is miles ahead.

It's the best looking console game. Actually, with so many particle effects and a perfect IQ, you hardly can find anything on PC that can match it either. Except maybe modded Skyrim, but without the particles.

MYE

It's the best console looking game. Actually, with so many particle effects and a perfect IQ, you hardly can find anything on PC that can match it either. Except maybe modded Skyrim.

Are you high? lol

Jim

13222831183_dfdce9ab1d_o.png

When you get the
neon
power... look out. This thread will be full of screens of just that. I definitely said "wow" out loud on more than a few occasions. Uncompressed captures should be gorgeous.

Shin-Ra

✔ That's the baseline image quality I'd love to see from PS4 games moving forward.

I think the temporal reprojection stuff makes SMAA Tx harder to integrate than MLAA but I hope there's an equivalent 'PlayStation Edge MLAA' coming for SMAA, to minimise the resistance to using it.

aY227

✔ That's the baseline image quality I'd love to see from PS4 games moving forward.

I think the temporal reprojection stuff makes SMAA Tx harder to integrate than MLAA but I hope there's an equivalent 'PlayStation Edge MLAA' coming for SMAA, to minimise the resistance to using it.

People really should not judge IQ from those shots, because they are not showing IQ at all. Most of the geometry is behind DoF, so it would be blurred even without any AA algorithm.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

13222821003_c4b72aea1d_o.png

13222831183_dfdce9ab1d_o.png

13222662355_b585bc8b52_o.png

Holy fuck at the image quality. Sucker Punch better share this AA method with everyone. Hopefully not just WWS but actually everyone, like MLAA was. If I were Sony I would make this as easy to implement in as many engines as possible.

(O)_(o)
U !!!!

those shots are gorgeous... i'm gonna hold off on getting this till i beat ground zeroes fully, but i'm pretty sure i definitely want this game now.

It's the best looking console game. Actually, with so many particle effects and a perfect IQ, you hardly can find anything on PC that can match it either. Except maybe modded Skyrim, but without the particles.

I wouldn't say it's "perfect." Still quite a bit of shader aliasing (really difficult to remove when only rendering at 1920x1080) and doesn't quite touch the quality of their downsampled shots.

People really should not judge IQ from those shots, because they are not showing IQ at all. Most of the geometry is behind DoF, so it would be blurred even without any AA algorithm.

The characters are free of aliasing but you are right there is some the lamp post and other stuff in the foreground. The dof blur seems to start 30 feet into the scenery which kind of irks me. Can you ever see the horizon not be blurred in this game? ( ihated that in GTA4 on consoles)

It's no surprise Infamous looking so good, number 2 was one of the cleanest looking games on PS3.

If you take the jump in visual quality that 2 made over the original and consider where future games could get to, it's pretty exciting.

Onto 2K14, trying out some new uniforms. Latin Nights and St. Patrick's Day additions.

Still the best image quality of any next gen game in my eyes...

10003843_1483164068570618_2095027964_o.jpg

1796863_1483163985237293_26393981_o.jpg

1084897_1483163868570638_218306405_o.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Since this is one of our first PS4 games that isn't a cross-gen title, isn't a launch game, and is part of an established series...

Infamous:

iqmieozjqslkc9ykym.jpg

Infamous 2:

infamous-2.jpg

Infamous: Second Son:

13225415184_d3903879e8_o.png

I get a "cup of coffee on a rainy day" vibe from Infamous. It's cozy. Seattle and the Pacific Northwest is an interesting choice for a setting, with a metro flavor not quite like what we've seen in other games. Also, all the rainy weather means they can show off lots of "wet" textures. :)

I may not think Infamous is mindblowing from a visual standpoint (especially after playing Sleeping Dogs on PC), but the art direction is nice among similar open-world city games.

At any rate, I'd like to consolidate a couple of the "sets" I've posted from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. They exceed the three picture limit but they're quoted to minimize size. This way I can keep them together as sets. Click each picture to expand, and remember, in-game they're native 1080p, but WiiU only captures 720p through abload.de. Be sure to check out my six-pages-and-growing Flickr album compiling shots by myself and GAF.

A sampling of the figurines in the Nintendo Gallery, showcasing the strong character design and slick effects like the high-gloss patina, the dynamic lighting and gentle DOF in the background:

Stained glass of the Sages, Ganon and Triforce, from the chamber of the Master Sword beneath Hyrule Castle:

I think you need to get your eyes checked bro. Infamous SS is looking better then your screenshot of sleeping dog. And these are compressed share button shots. Where is the FXAA in that Sleeping Dog shot, DOF is also not impressive. Are you maxing that out on your card? If you are going to harp on Sleeping Dog on PC is better then I would choose some better examples cause those don't look that great to be honest. That is without even mentioning character models.

Since this is one of our first PS4 games that isn't a cross-gen title, isn't a launch game, and is part of an established series...

Infamous:

iqmieozjqslkc9ykym.jpg

Infamous 2:

infamous-2-2011052707tak7e.jpg

Infamous: Second Son:

13225415184_d3903879e8_o.png

Wow, from that what I can see is that infamous 2 looks really good, I only got the original in the PSN hack fiasco. Most noticeable diff is from lightning and particle effects, it is incredible how much a game can gain by good lightning.

-griffy-

Banned
Wow, from that what I can see is that infamous 2 looks really good, I only got the original in the PSN hack fiasco. Most noticeable diff is from lightning and particle effects, it is incredible how much a game can gain by good lightning.

Infamous 2 definitely doesn't look that clean, that looks like a promo shot with AA. The actual game has a lot of aliasing. Here's a shot someone posted in the OT:

infamous-2.jpg

Top Bottom