• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

In the bizarro world where DKCR:TF is a 3D platformer, I guess puppeteer and trine 2 are 4D.

Perhaps you can critique the shots in an informed and intelligent sounding manner, or post some shots of your own for us to critique. That's the basic gist of this thread. If you're not here to do that, stay out of the thread and go into one where you can contribute positively.

It seems kinda trollish for a guy waxing eloquent about a mediocre looking 2D 720p platformer and posting pics showing the worst implementation of bloom my eyes have had the misfortune to witness (Wind Waker HD), to claim that Infamous Second Son doesn't look next gen enough.

Probably I should have mentioned 720p 2D platformer instead, apologies for misleading you. But by your classification even little big planet, trine, puppeteer and many other platformers are 3D and not 2D

ZskhSr7.jpg

mDSHqJv.jpg

z02VzOy.jpg

Mik2121

What the hell is up with the watermark on the bottom right of the screen? That kind of shit reeks of lack of understanding of how people want to use these screenshots.

I believe there was another PS4 title doing this... what was it?

chadboban

Guys please, can we keep the console war shit out of this thread? There's enough of that going on in other threads already, can we at least keep this thread free of it.

Honestly, with two XB1 and PS4 exclusives releasing this month, I saw this coming from a mile away. Hope the behavior doesn't shit up the thread too badly though.

Nicktendo86

It seems kinda trollish for a guy waxing eloquent about a mediocre looking 2D 720p platformer and posting pics showing the worst implementation of bloom my eyes have had the misfortune to witness (Wind Waker HD), to claim that Infamous Second Son doesn't look next gen enough.
Really? Are you really going there?

i-Lo

Given Halo 5 is purported to be a 60fps game, I hope it can look as good as Titanfall. In motion that game (much all like all) looks slick.

KageMaru

I'd definitely suggest that you're in a rather small minority. Infamous looks phenomenal.

This is what's wrong when people compare games. Just because someone thinks another game looks better, that doesn't mean they think Infamous looks like shit. People are capable of thinking two games look beautiful, but one looks a bit better than the other.

I don't agree with comparing Infamous to TR (or Thief) at all but I don't think people need to go on the defense when people don't put an exclusive to the top of the list.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
The wind waker HD pics are making me want a wii u. Hope Nintendo drops the price around the holidays this year

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Just finished Tomb Raider on PS4 and just judging from screens secondary characters from Infamous look way better. Aside from Lara everyone else in the game looks like they got lost on the way over to next gen just my thoughts on that aspect. Also yeah Tomb Raider and especially Thief do not touch Infamous.

Well, it's probably not coincidence that most Tomb Raider shots in this thread are close ups of Lara's face and model. It's a good looking game for what it is, a last gen port job, and that's as much as I can say for it.

Given Halo 5 is purported to be a 60fps game, I hope it can look as good as Titanfall. In motion that game (much all like all) looks slick.

Titanfall looks awful in screens and in motion. There's going to be a problem if Halo 5 coming out in 2015 only looks as good.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Everyone got Infamous early and I'm here just replaying this demo over and over again :(

13196161234_d105d4e4ab_o.png

13196167524_4843202eb2_o.png

13195991613_fdf80d4e3d_o.png

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Not gonna lie, those graphics look really bad. The game still looks like this so far right? Haven't seen any shots that match these. Just wondering.
Yes. I did post -better- screenshots: 1 2 3

But yeah, it's obvious that it's built for last gen; low poly count, lack of SSAO in a lot of places, dithering everywhere etc. Naked Snake did a PS4 vs PS3 with one of my screenshot. The good thing about that is the smooth framerate, it looks better in motion than it does in screenshots IMO.

Not really sure why anyone is trying to find faults with Infamous and either bother comparing it to some of those other games. It's a huge, open world. Of course the detail isn't going to look as good as something like Killzone.

The graphics still look brilliant and are probably the best of any open world though. I'd kill for a GTA game looking this good.

To be fair, it was also compared to Sleeping Dogs (on PC) which is an open world game. I don't really see the harm in (fair) comparisons. Nobody said it looked bad. If people are allowed to say the game looks like the best they've seen, why shouldn't people be allowed to say differently? It's all opinions.

To be fair, it was also compared to Sleeping Dogs (on PC) which is an open world game. I don't really see the harm in (fair) comparisons. Nobody said it looked bad. If people are allowed to say the game looks like the best they've seen, why shouldn't people be allowed to say differently? It's all opinions.

Of course everyone can have their opinion, I just think comparing an open world game to a narrow, enclosed one isn't fair.

That's like taking the (probably most realistic human models ever) NBA2K14 models and comparing them to any massive, open world game and saying how bad the open world models look.

Anyway, may as well post some more pics. Really enjoying this demo. I played through Yakuza 4 in Japanese so may just import this one if no local release is in sight.

1891449_1482534675300224_961717688_o.jpg

1913245_1482534961966862_396506129_o.jpg

1658379_1482534815300210_902446133_o.jpg

a916

I just glanced in the Infamous walkthrough thread and was immediately hit with this... That doesn't look like water. And the rocks have the same problem Pikmin 3 did -- straight lines where the rocks meet the sand. And the foliage... Eeh.

1394917043-3.jpg

Unfortunately in gaming that's always going to be a problem... rock asset crashed into the ground.

Of course everyone can have their opinion, I just think comparing an open world game to a narrow, enclosed one isn't fair.

That's like taking the (probably most realistic human models ever) NBA2K14 models and comparing them to any massive, open world game and saying how bad the open world models look.

Yes, that's why I mentioned Sleeping Dogs and said fair comparisons.

Votron

In regards to the COD:Ghost port to the WiiU, I think treyach did an amazing job with BO2 than rushed careless job of Infinity's port of ghost.

Here is a screenshot of Ghost on WiiU:
captured through the gamepad {rainy submerged level}
screenshot

screenshot

spoonman

Banned

Weird, was this in the original USA release of Super Metroid?
I haven't played it in many years, but I don't remember ever seeing a skeleton boss or even just in the background??

Is there a way to play Virtual Console games on the Wii U without a binlinear filter? I'm not crazy about the blur it adds and would rather have sharp pixels instead.
A scanline option would be nice too. That's why I love companies like M2 (Sega Vintage Collection, Capcom Arcade Cabinet, Neo-Geo Station, Sega 3DS Classics). They pay attention to video detail and it always looks incredible.

Thanks for sharing your pics. I love seeing the retro stuff interweaved with next gen graphics existing together in gaming harmony. :)

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Hey all the inputters here what is the best capture card for the PC to run PS4 through also will it capture our chat while we're party?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
PS4 demo:

Pretty much just a PS3 game in HD but still looks nice. (When the PS Share isn't compressing it...)

1941381_1482534265300265_1949959485_o.jpg

1614511_1482534761966882_195084619_o.jpg

1913378_1482535231966835_2035027269_o.jpg

Man, why can't they just bring this over to the US? I've only played a little of Yakuza 2, and I have Yakuza 3 in my PS3 backlog, but I frigging love games set in Feudal Japan (like the Way of the Samurai games), and would love to have this over here. I think it looks great, even with the compression. I know how PS4 games look when running on a TV. It's usually much sharper and crisper than the screens we get. Even the awesome capture card shots we get don't quite look like how it displays on your set.

Top Bottom