• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall PC getting 4K, SLI support, also getting PhysX, VisualFX, HBAO+, TXAA

Haines

Banned
Why wasn't this at launch? I mean seriously this is a pretty large amount of advancements. Would a weeks delay be that bad?

Considering the update still isn't out I'm going to assume just mayyyyybe BC its not done.

I swear some of you think this stuff takes the flick of a switch of effort.

Nydius

Would it be stable at 1440p with a 770?

I've barely got the game stable, as is, at 1080p/60Hz with a i7-3770 and a 770. Despite all the tweaks, Lagoon and Colony still suffer major drops. I wouldn't even want to see what it would be like if PhysX was thrown in...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The game was so poorly optimized in my opinion. This better run at a tearing free 60fps on a 780ti with this coming patch.

Yoda

How about a high-res texture pack? For a game that hogs so much hard-drive space its texture quality is mediocre, and that is being generous.

irishcow

Anybody else get stutter even if the game says running rock solid 60fps ? Its thud same with and without vsync including dynamic vsync. Any solution to this? Running on r9 290.

mr stroke

I don't understand what their talking about "supporting it in 4k"? I have been playing it in 4k since launch and its fine(outside of general performance issues and SLI)

Spazznid

"We're adding a feature that was already there, it's called 4K."

Thanks, guys, I really needed an update when I was already playing at 4K in the Beta and at Launch.

The other things are nice for those of us who can run it though.

I don't know what this means. You can go 5120x2880 if you want (lol @4K). UI renders fine.

12554953084_5cf479bbcb_o.jpg

12554605213_9c9560aa80_o.jpg

I didn't realize this game was considered a game that "runs shitty" on PC.

I haven't been in the titanfall thread in awhile but most of the pc users in that thread seemed ok for the most part. I know my rig isn't the greatest but it runs well.

Lagoon runs like shit. but that's the only map I have issues with.

I didn't realize this game was considered a game that "runs shitty" on PC.

I haven't been in the titanfall thread in awhile but most of the pc users in that thread seemed ok for the most part. I know my rig isn't the greatest but it runs well.

Lagoon runs like shit. but that's the only map I have issues with.

Given how plain it looks it certainly runs like shit. It should run close to as well as CSGO but instead runs worse than BF4 for me, which is a considerably prettier game.

demolitio

I really hope there's major performance improvements in the patch as well. Kind of disappointed with how it runs. Very inconsistent.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
For me it's Titanfall vsync = input lag, no vsync = oh god tearing my eyes, nivida control panel vsync = some judder, usually indoors, really bad on maps like nexus and colony.

UnrealEck

Oh nice! 4K so we can see those amazingly detailed "insane" textures!

I have only played beta but I'm wondering does the current build even run on "insane" textures on a 2GB card?
Titanfall is a bit of a fucked up game on PC from a technical standpoint. It was rather poor for a Source engine game.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Why wasn't this at launch? I mean seriously this is a pretty large amount of advancements. Would a weeks delay be that bad?

Because from a cynical marketing point. They wanted the PC version and the Xbox version to look the same. What a terrible developer. SMH.

Durante

Doesn't the Xbox One version already have AO? I got that impression watching a comparison video.
There's a pretty significant quality difference between some SSAO and HBAO+. The latter correctly captures very small and large structures, has few false positives and is nicely temporally stable. It's the best (real-time) AO I've seen.

EGM1966

Between this and the talk of big improvements on XB1 too this game clearly wasn't fully optimized (engine wise) for release. Maybe Respawn and EA wanted it out and bringing in money before going further with the optimization or maybe the deal with MS stipulated it had to ship on time (and I could easily see MS being reluctant to push the game back a few months). Either way I think i'll hold off a little yet and see where it settles performance wise.

You can count me in the club that doesn't like this "4k support" newspeak at all. Polygons scale infinitely. If they're talking about HUD scaling, they could be clearer about it.

Zaph

You can count me in the club that doesn't like this "4k support" newspeak at all. Polygons scale infinitely. If they're talking about HUD scaling, they could be clearer about it.
They're not saying "4k will now work", they're saying 4k supported. Support is a big word when it comes to software and means they'll take due care to make sure it's a good experience. This means buying hardware to qualify, QA, scaling improvements etc.

It's the same reason games often have far more video settings in a ini files than the menu options. The settings exist, but they're not officially supported.

Top Bottom