• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Mirage sponsored by Intel, Arc GPUs, XeSS support only, (Update: DLSS and FRS confirmed to be there)

Bernoulli

M2 slut
This article has been updated after Ubisoft confirmed support for DLSS and FSR: “You’ll also be able to leverage features like Intel’s AI-assisted XeSS Super Sampling, Nvidia DLSS, or AMD FSR — Ubisoft.

Ubisoft has unveiled a game trailer showcasing the PC hardware optimizations for the highly anticipated release, “Assassin’s Creed Mirage.” PC gamers can anticipate a robust set of features, including support for HDR, multi-monitor configurations, and ultra-wide monitors. Developers have gone the extra mile by confirming compatibility with MSI Mystic Light to elevate the overall gaming experience.

Moreover, “Assassin’s Creed Mirage” will leverage Intel XeSS upscaling technology, although it’s worth noting that DLSS and FSR support will not be available at the game’s launch (so this is how far that extra mile goes). Ubisoft has assured gamers that the title has been optimized for Arc GPUs and the Intel 13th Gen Core series.
Surprisingly, “Assassin’s Creed Mirage” boasts relatively low system requirements compared to contemporary titles. The recommended platform for 1080p gaming at 30 FPS starts with Intel Arc A380 6GB, GTX 1060 6GB, or Radeon RX 570 4GB. While this console-like experience may not appeal to all gamers, those seeking a smoother performance can consider upgrading to the Arc A750, GTX 1660Ti, or Radeon RX 5600XT for a more acceptable 60 FPS.

Developers have also provided recommended setups for 1440p and 2160p gaming at 60 FPS. For 1440p, you can opt for components like Arc A770, RTX 2070, or RX 5700XT. Meanwhile, for 4K gameplay, the GTX 3080 or RX 6900XT will be your go-to choices. Interestingly, the recommended specifications make no mention of the RTX 40 or Radeon RX 7000 series

Last edited:

M0G

Although a three way tug of war over these deals is going to get really old, really quick, this one doesn't seem like such a big deal. If we're talking about upscalers. I'm going PS5 on this one for that quick resume convenience.

HL3.exe

196 IQ move. Now everyone is gonna complain about the lack of DLSS support, which generates free marketing for them.

giphy.webp

damidu

boycott and backlash.
only language these bitches get anything through their skulls basically.
im even totally fine with review bombing for this stuff, have at it

Last edited:

yamaci17

that's fine for me

only reason I hate fsr2 exclusivity is because it looks like shit whenever it is actually stressed (unpredictable movement, fine details and such)

xess is leagues ahead of fsr 2

btw this is a ps4 title

like ac valhalla, it wont even require upscaling on any hardware

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Ubisoft has unveiled a game trailer showcasing the PC hardware optimizations for the highly anticipated release, “Assassin’s Creed Mirage.” PC gamers can anticipate a robust set of features, including support for HDR, multi-monitor configurations, and ultra-wide monitors. Developers have gone the extra mile by confirming compatibility with MSI Mystic Light to elevate the overall gaming experience.

Moreover, “Assassin’s Creed Mirage” will leverage Intel XeSS upscaling technology, although it’s worth noting that DLSS and FSR support will not be available at the game’s launch (so this is how far that extra mile goes). Ubisoft has assured gamers that the title has been optimized for Arc GPUs and the Intel 13th Gen Core series.
Surprisingly, “Assassin’s Creed Mirage” boasts relatively low system requirements compared to contemporary titles. The recommended platform for 1080p gaming at 30 FPS starts with Intel Arc A380 6GB, GTX 1060 6GB, or Radeon RX 570 4GB. While this console-like experience may not appeal to all gamers, those seeking a smoother performance can consider upgrading to the Arc A750, GTX 1660Ti, or Radeon RX 5600XT for a more acceptable 60 FPS.

Developers have also provided recommended setups for 1440p and 2160p gaming at 60 FPS. For 1440p, you can opt for components like Arc A770, RTX 2070, or RX 5700XT. Meanwhile, for 4K gameplay, the GTX 3080 or RX 6900XT will be your go-to choices. Interestingly, the recommended specifications make no mention of the RTX 40 or Radeon RX 7000 series

I am waiting for DF’s outrage ;).

yamaci17

Do these type of deals benefit Nvidia/AMD/Intel?

Who the fuck is going to buy an Arc for this game?

Similarly will someone by an AMD card over Nvidia if it has FSR and not DLSS?
I hope/wish AMD makes fsr exclusive to their own cards

so devs will be pressurized to implement xess, an actual decent, usable upscaler for ALL GPUs. unlike FSR2

T4keD0wN

There is no mention of lacking DLSS and FSR, the trailer only highlights that it will have XeSS. This is not a 100% confirmation, Videocardz is jumping to conclusions, they didnt mention any exlusivity deals.

Nvidia and AMD do not respectively highlight FSR, DLSS or XeSS support in their marketing materials even though it is there, although this is information directly from Ubisoft.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
You guys cry too much about these things. It just says “ at launch” and that it has low requirements so you probably won’t need it anyway.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
It's not the first XeSS exclusive game.
The Riftbreaker for several months only had XeSS as a temporal upscaler.
Yes, XeSS looks better than FSR2, but this is still a very bad policy, regardless if being done by Intel, AMD or nVidia.
Just add all upscalers and let the user choose. As several devs already said, implementing these temporal upscalers is very easy, especially after the first one is done.

All PC games, regardless of who is sponsoring it, should ship with XeSS, FSR2 and DLSS2/3. There really is no excuse. All it does is draw unfavourable criticism toward Intel or AMD or whoever is restricting technologies. And modders will almost certainly have an FSR and DLSS injector ready within hours of the game's launch anyway, which again will just draw unnecessary attention to XeSS.

What percentage of users even have an Intel GPU anyway? 1%? 2%? It's certainly not a large share so only those people will get the full benefit of XeSS as, while it works on AMD and NVIDIA GPUs, it doesn't work as well as it does on Intel GPUs, which have proprietary hardware that XeSS makes use of on their cards to give better image quality and performance. It's not quite like AMD's FSR which works the same regardless of the GPU you are using.

Last edited:
What's the point of these deals? Are we supposed to own one card from AMD, Nvidia and Intel and swap them in and out depending on the game. These exclusive deals are misplaced on an open platform like PC is. Just offer the best upscaler/performance for a competitive edge, the argument for your card, not try to make a kinda walled garden.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
What's the point of these deals? Are we supposed to own one card from AMD, Nvidia and Intel and swap them in and out depending on the game. These exclusive deals are misplaced on an open platform like PC is. Just offer the best upscaler/performance for a competitive edge, the argument for your card, not try to make a kinda walled garden.

Idk if it’s truly an exclusive deal or if it’s just an exclusive “ build it towards our gpus “ launch as quickly as possible as per usual then add the rest. Idk everything usually gets added in with in a month.

Dzab

Although a three way tug of war over these deals is going to get really old, really quick, this one doesn't seem like such a big deal. If we're talking about upscalers. I'm going PS5 on this one for that quick resume convenience.
I thought PS5 doesn't have quick resume? Or was it added in a beta firmware thing recently? If so that's cool

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I thought PS5 doesn't have quick resume? Or was it added in a beta firmware thing recently? If so that's cool

PS5 can only "quick resume" one game (using rest mode), not multiple games like on Xbox.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
First and foremost, as much as I don't really want to compliment, I do trust these developers more than Bethesda in terms of delivering a more technically competent experience.

But this is absolute garbage and horseradish son of a bitch tomfoolery Bartholomew III.

Can developers just make games to not segment a market of hardware which already supports most of these standards. Separate from Nvidia who makes and invest millions of dollars into research and development for the DLSS technology, why do any of these Open standards need to have exclusivity in these big games. And why does the modding community need to come through and artificially add these things when, if you heard the latest digital foundry video, the newer stuff like Ray reconstruction doesn't just apply with a simple fix. There does need to be some Hands-On work that goes into this in order to be implemented correctly.

So if this game has depth of field, and that happens before the processing pass for these upscaling technologies, that depth of field will come back noisy hence why developers have the pass go before the depth of field pass in order to mitigate having to upscale a more noisy special effect.

The point is twofold, it's that motors are awesome for even putting these things in and I'm sure this game will have that. And the second, they are also not necessarily professionals that know that certain elements of these technologies have to be implemented in a certain step in the pipeline for them to properly upscale certain effects. That's the beauty of these development environments and implementing technologies like this. There is actual work and Nvidia specifically has been doing amazing work when it comes to that.

This being an Intel sponsored game, until proven otherwise, it's just as much blowback as Starfield for omitting a technology that a large percentage of graphics cards out there supports.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
After looking at a few recent videos comparing xess vs fsr and dlss on an NVIDIA GPU I can say xess looks like trash, it's even noticeably worse than fsr 2.2.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So Intel is giving this away with their GPUs, so I’m guessing the idea is developers will optimize more for the paid sponsor’s GPUs. Makes sense, although that doesn’t always happen.
I don’t mind XESS since it’s available for anyone to use. As long as the other upscalers are added afterwards it doesn’t bother me.

Top Bottom