• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

nny

I had my birthday recently, and my lovely girlfriend gave me the Haunted House:

(and a box of my favorite chocolate) ;P

The colors remind me of the Green Grocer; I like to think that they were the work of the same architect, but while one of the buildings had a store with lots of costumers and was always inhabited, the other was left abandoned...

...and naturally, as it happens with all abandoned buildings, it became haunted.

Lovely build, great details on the inside!

Fxp

Thanks.

Just started it and I'm a little disappointed that there are only 2 sets of bags. Most of my time is being taken up with finding the piece as I don't have room or time to put all the pieces out and build it in one go.

Are all the street modular this way?

Two bags? Shouldn't there be 19 bags?

Zerojul

I had my birthday recently, and my lovely girlfriend gave me the Haunted House:

(and a box of my favorite chocolate) ;P

The colors remind me of the Green Grocer; I like to think that they were the work of the same architect, but while one of the buildings had a store with lots of costumers and was always inhabited, the other was left abandoned...

...and naturally, as it happens with all abandoned buildings, it became haunted.

Lovely build, great details on the inside!
Excellent choice. I've just got out of my dark ages but it's one of my favorite build ever :)

Rootbeer

Banned
2RXuI5M.jpg

Still disappointed that it doesn't match the CMFs... like, really disappointed. But i'm still overall really interested in seeing the episode.

Is Cafe Corner now cheaper to build now that the dark blue arch is more common?

There is only one arch, it shouldn't make a difference either way. The expensive parts are the fat windows, the doors, and the 1x2x3 panels if you don't substitute them with newer variants. I haven't actually ordered anything, but it doesn't rely on a ton of rare colour bricks like GG (sand green) or MS (medium and dark blue).

You know, I have zero interest in the Simpsons CMF line. It's not that I don't like the show, it's quite funny, but I was just never a huge fan. I still remember the first show airing when I was in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade. Every kid on the playground was singing "Jingle Bells, Batman smells".

I would like to get more Movie CMFs though. But I'm terrible at feeling out the bags and I have too many doubles as it is.

ruxtpin

Banned
You know, I have zero interest in the Simpsons CMF line. It's not that I don't like the show, it's quite funny, but I was just never a huge fan. I still remember the first show airing when I was in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade. Every kid on the playground was singing "Jingle Bells, Batman smells".

I would like to get more Movie CMFs though. But I'm terrible at feeling out the bags and I have too many doubles as it is.

Same here. My folks never allowed me to watch the show when I was younger, but I'm attracted to the new figures because they're so colorful (which screams Lego to me). I wouldn't have pegged Simpson's as a fit for Lego, but I like what I see so far.

Regarding the Movie CMFs - I saw someone selling a full set on eBay last night for $73. I didn't think that was too terrible a price.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There is only one arch, it shouldn't make a difference either way. The expensive parts are the fat windows, the doors, and the 1x2x3 panels if you don't substitute them with newer variants. I haven't actually ordered anything, but it doesn't rely on a ton of rare colour bricks like GG (sand green) or MS (medium and dark blue).

Oh ok. I just remember before the Winter Market the dark blue arch was one of the more expensive parts so most substituted it with another colour.

What do you guys think is a good price to pay for a Slave 1 8097 set? Found a guy on craigslist selling one for $100 bucks. I see they retailed for $80 so I'm going to try and talk him down to $90. Is there a reason this set was selling for so much for only 573 pieces? I've only collected Superhero sets so far so i'm used to the 10 cents per piece rule

This is part of the new Iron Builder competition that started a few days ago. Most impressively, this MOC was designed and built in 10 minutes when they first found out what part they'd be using. Over the next month, expect to see a lot of great MOCs using the yellow slope curved piece in that Mixel set:

The most amazing and impressive builds come out of the Iron Builder. They are so incredibly creative with how they use the part.

Wow!

2RXuI5M.jpg

Still disappointed that it doesn't match the CMFs... like, really disappointed. But i'm still overall really interested in seeing the episode.

As much as I would love for a standard (meaning swappable) hairpiece for Marge's hair, I'm so glad they went with full head moulds. These look awful in comparison.

Two bags? Shouldn't there be 19 bags?

There are 19 bags but they are numbered either 1 or 2.

So i means I'm dealing with ten bags of lego at once.

Even the Quinjet, which was 700 pieces, had bags numbered 1, 2 and 3. It was a lot simpler to build each set of bags in a couple of hours.

Ponn

Banned
Got my Lego Shop order

Red and Yellow Mixel sets
Easter Bunny
Star Slicer on sale for 50% off
Captain America set - HAIL HYDRA!

Zerojul

There are 19 bags but they are numbered either 1 or 2.

So i means I'm dealing with ten bags of lego at once.

Even the Quinjet, which was 700 pieces, had bags numbered 1, 2 and 3. It was a lot simpler to build each set of bags in a couple of hours.

That sounds quite tedious. I've built the Tower Bridge, over 4000 pieces and no nubered bags. I'm not looking forward to a similar experience, but I recently got Fire Brigade too and I think it's gonna be my next big build. Guess I'll have to spend a whole weekend on it :)

Fxp

That sounds quite tedious. I've built the Tower Bridge, over 4000 pieces and no nubered bags. I'm not looking forward to a similar experience, but I recently got Fire Brigade too and I think it's gonna be my next big build. Guess I'll have to spend a whole weekend on it :)

Well, it's worth it, what a fantastic modular set.

Yeah I've noticed that if all the Monster Fighter sets, THAT on goes for WAAAAY above it's normal price. You can still find all the other sets for near/close to their original MSRP but that one is insane. Is there a reason?

Zerojul

Yeah I've noticed that if all the Monster Fighter sets, THAT on goes for WAAAAY above it's normal price. You can still find all the other sets for near/close to their original MSRP but that one is insane. Is there a reason?

I think it was Target exclusive in the US, guess it makes it rarer than the other sets in that line.

Rootbeer

Banned
found LEGO Simpsons at TRU today.Sadly, box almost empty. 10 packs. Bought them all and took the box too :p

Got:
Mr burns
Bart
Lisa
Maggie
Nelson
Chief wiggum
Milhouse
... And 3x Marge. Bleh!

Oh well. It's a start.

Zerojul

found LEGO Simpsons at TRU today.Sadly, box almost empty. 10 packs. Bought them all and took the box too :p

Got:
Mr burns
Bart
Lisa
Maggie
Nelson
Chief wiggum
Milhouse
... And 3x Marge. Bleh!

Oh well. It's a start.
3x Marge is a bummer :( Hope you find the others soon !

Rootbeer

Banned
Also worth noting to anyone who may hit up their TRU seeking these... The box was at customer service under he desk out of sight. I asked if they had minifigures... They said no. Then another employee happened to walk up and he heard me ask. It wasnt till i specifically said Simpsons figs that i got his attention. Then he pulled out the box. I nearly walked away with nothing.

Stuff like this is why I feely constant bugging of the employees is totally justified. Feels like squeezing blood out of a turnip half the time.

Decided to get this:

5oWJQga.jpg

for twice msrp

I'm quite curious.

What I know is that it was just limited.

It was only available for four months.

Brickset.com said:
UNITED STATES
23 Jul 12 - 23 Oct 12
$39.99

Also worth noting to anyone who may hit up their TRU seeking these... The box was at customer service under he desk out of sight. I asked if they had minifigures... They said no. Then another employee happened to walk up and he heard me ask. It wasnt till i specifically said Simpsons figs that i got his attention. Then he pulled out the box. I nearly walked away with nothing.

Stuff like this is why I feely constant bugging of the employees is totally justified. Feels like squeezing blood out of a turnip half the time.

ha! that employee was probably keeping them out of sight so he can purchase them all after his shift

ghostmind

Zerojul is correct - that MF set was only available at Target (and via LEGO) in the USA, and it was constantly out-of-stock in Target stores during those 4 months.

It's one of my favorite MF sets as well.

ghostmind

Steam currently has LEGO games on sale for $4.99 each.

The list is:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes
LEGO Batman
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7

It is. No joke, I spend about 10 minutes looking for a flat 2x2 piece.

ghostmind

10244 Carnival (temp name?)

• fairground attractions, with the focus being a Mixer/Scrambler ride
  • glow-in-the-dark feature
  • Mixer folds up to be transported
  • not a building, but does integrate with the modular sets
  • contains 12 minifigures, including a juggler on stilts, a man who is dizzy from the ride, two boys and two girls, ticket vendor
  • releasing May 15th for VIP, and June 1st for everyone
  • $150

• contains 12 minifigures, including a juggler on stilts, a man who is dizzy from the ride, two boys and two girls, ticket vendor
  • $150

Sweet! I still need to get the restaurant so it's nice to have multiple modular sets to look forward to.

Zerojul

• $150
Thanks for the heads up. Interesting, I hope the first visuals will be up soon. Although I would have preferred the rumored Mini Cooper as the VIP timed exclusive, but that's just me :)

Sweet! I still need to get the restaurant so it's nice to have multiple modular sets to look forward to.
On that note I still need to get Grand Emporium, City Hall, Pet Shop, Palace Cinema and French Restaurant, I have plenty to look forward to ;)

Steam currently has LEGO games on sale for $4.99 each.

The list is:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes
LEGO Batman
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7

I'm tempted to get marvel but don't know how it would rub on my laptop. I'd download the demo but my computer is sitting in a gallery installation currently -_-

• $150

Well, looks like I'm skipping a modular (City Hall is prime suspect). I can't keep up with all these modulars, UCS, and $150 sets coming out.

Ponn

Banned

• $150

Could integrate with WV Market pretty well with some changes by the sounds of it.

^hopes and prays for an Elephant Ear accessory^

What do you guys think is a good price to pay for a Slave 1 8097 set? Found a guy on craigslist selling one for $100 bucks. I see they retailed for $80 so I'm going to try and talk him down to $90. Is there a reason this set was selling for so much for only 573 pieces? I've only collected Superhero sets so far so i'm used to the 10 cents per piece rule

anyone? should I jsut wait for a re-release instead?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

• $150

Time to break out that custom spill piece -

m4gFsF4nnWE9ImeTzNuZgsg.jpg

• $150

That's a shame that we're not getting the VW Mini. Hopefully that comes out eventually. It sounds like this set could be perfect for displaying minifigs.

wetwired

• $150
I'll wait and deer pics, sounds like it's not actually modular after all. Just in the same number range like the shuttle

neonglow

anyone? should I jsut wait for a re-release instead?

The USC Slave 1 is coming in the fall. It'll probably be priced between $150-200. Personally, if you waited this long, might as well wait a couple more months. It should bring down the prices of all the previous Slave 1 if you don't end up liking the new model.

The USC Slave 1 is coming in the fall. It'll probably be priced between $150-200. Personally, if you waited this long, might as well wait a couple more months. It should bring down the prices of all the previous Slave 1 if you don't end up liking the new model.

how in the world did i not know about this? Thank You, I'll just wait

neonglow

how in the world did i not know about this? Thank You, I'll just wait

It's only a rumor right now but it's been mentioned in the same breath as the Sandcrawler for several months now.

There's usually been 2 big Star Wars sets in the last couple years.
2013: Red Five X-Wing & Ewok Village
2012: R2-D2 & B-Wing
2011: SSD & Millennium Falcon
2010: Imperial Shuttle & Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter
2009: Republic Dropship & Tantive IV
2008: Death Star

Top Bottom