• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub releasing October 8th, new trailer

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Time to light the *Blimblim signal* to get a Gamersyde version.

Also we need somebody to make an actual photoshop of the Blimblim signal.

Sadly Sony has gone Youtube exclusive, so unless someone pulls off a miracle there won't be any HQ version coming.

Seriously, love the "Woe is me, it's too late, I can't possibly be bothered with this now" posts.

Just picturing a fickle woman with head back, back of hand on forehead.

Give me a break.

Going to be a super fun racing game with great graphics.

Yep some comments are cringe worthy bad. Delay a game to make it that much better = bad....If it turns out good it will sell period, especially where it is exclusive

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Have you even seen Infamous? Funny how you consider it to be "obvious" when you're just going on a baseless assumption.

So you want a game that already looks better then any racing game before it. Running at 1920 x 1080. And running smoothly at 60fps on a PS4.

Good luck with that.

What on earth have they been spending all their time on? ... Their vision of the game as we saw it last summer looks to be completely intact. So what changed?

I'd take a guess at content, possibly given the extra time by Sony to create a more content-rich game. Racing games need content.

Xater

October? Guess I'll only play the PS+ version. A month later Project Cars comes out and I am way more excited for that. Driveclub was always just something to hold me over.

Yoday

That release date...

Driveclub getting sent to die.
Normally I would agree, but everyone having the free PS+ version will keep it fresh in peoples minds, and create a much larger audience for the game. It will be fine in the end, it just won't likely sell much at launch.

IcyEyes

Awesome! Finally we get a (firm?) release date !!!

Ps So many childish post here. I'm amazed how much bad/negative some people are. What is your problem guys ? Why are you always so harsh ?

Pss As usual, October-November is always so packed !!!

So you want a game that already looks better then any racing game before it. Running at 1920 x 1080. And running smoothly at 60fps on a PS4.

Good luck with that.

We only have 1 other game and that was a gimped forza on x1...................more time to develop, more powefull system.............

Guymelef

Resized from 8000x4500

dc_screen_7_139876446jwlmf.png

dc_screen_5_139876445qfys2.png

dc_screen_24_13987644guyqa.png

dc_screen_23_13987644j2xi7.png

dc_screen_1_139876443ecxra.png
http://abload.de/img/dc_screen_8_139876447zix4n.png
http://abload.de/img/dc_screen_22_13987644jty1s.png
http://abload.de/img/dc_screen_4_139876444gwalw.png
http://abload.de/img/dc_screen_9_139876447huabm.png
http://abload.de/img/dc_screen_3_139876443doyyb.png
http://abload.de/img/dc_screen_6_139876445k6a1j.png

hohoXD123

Good luck with that.

This has had more dev time than any racing game before it. Why is it so hard for you to believe that it's possible? There's nothing confirmed until the devs come out and say it, which will probably happen tomorrow.

thuway

I wouldn't even say it looks better at all, although it's still a great looking game, but the important part is it's finally back from the shadows. Hopefully we'll see even more of it before E3, I'm hoping for some actual gameplay videos with multiple AI opponents.

I don't own an Xbox One, but I've played Forza 5. The game looks nothing like that in terms of IQ, lighting, or shadow maps. I know you are a huge Xbox One Fan, but Forza is nothing impressive if you "REMEMBER" that it doesn't have any sort of real time lighting and does this hilarious thing where they employ 2D cardboard cutouts. It does hit 60 FPS though, which is no easy feat.

Drive Club has real time lighting, night and day transitions, and some incredible IQ. However, I don't expect Drive Club to look as good as this trailer either. "Captured from PS4" and actual in-game footage are two different things.

Back to the point Forza has 60 FPS with last gen DNA, Drive Club is 30 FPS with next-gen candy all over this place. Forza is the more responsive game, Drive Club is the better looking game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
They're pretty, but I'm usually looking down at the track rather than up at the sky.

I think it's a hint at higher altitude tracks. I don't think they'd go to the bother of volumetric clouds if they can't be driven over or even through. At one point in the video you can see over the track into a valley with clouds below.

4 Games in one day!
DA: Inquisition
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Alien: Isolation
Drive Club
and Arkham Knight a week after...
Jesus, Mary and Joseph have mercy on me.

EL CUCO

Man getting devs to talk about framerate nowadays is like pulling teeth.

Im just going to assume 30fps from now on, for all titles :/

Now we just need a confirmation that The Last Guardian is also coming out on October 8th...

DriveClub, The Order and The Last Guardian would be a pretty sweet batch of PS4 exclusives for the fall season. Will never happen though. The first two sure, but TLG is coming out next year at the earliest.

The ridiculous, overblown, jaded reactions in this thread are really annoying me more than usual.

Probably best to just leave the thread and avoid getting into it altogether.

Looking forward to the game, and it will be added to Batman for that week :)

I hear you and feel the same way; it's embarrassing really.

Looks amazing. Honestly the huge delay is disappointing but I'd rather wait and get a good game than have them rush it and deliver a boring or bad one.

coldfoot

Banned
I mean FFS, they were targeting 60 FPS before the *original* launch. But like I said, let's wait for confirmation.

Based on the level of graphics I've seen in this trailer vs. launch, I'll wager they said "fuck FPS" and turned up the eye candy.

60fps with these graphics would be a "8GB GDDR5" type reveal

Rushy tweeted that we'll get to know this week if it's 30 or 60 fps.
Sounds like it's not a simple question to answer in a tweet, in which case it's either variable or locked to 30 in some scenes and locked to 60 in others.

OR

He's just teasing and the reason for the delay is that it's now 60fps and he wants to make a big deal about it (and rightly so if it looks like this).

Synth

Roughly a year after I bought the console for it...

Still looking forward to it, but if it overlaps with Forza Horizon 2, then I can see it not getting anywhere near as much play as if it had released on time. I would likely have played countless hours of this if it were available at launch.

I wouldn't even say it looks better at all

I wish Forza games were available on PC... Would solve all IQ issue, and would allow me to use the wheels I already own.

Only the people standing on the side of the track look an entire generation better.

Yea, but this could also be said for PGR4 :p

~~Hasan~~

omg omg i am going to cry. this is so fucking beautiful. day fucking one limited edition here if they have one. DAY ONEEEEEEEEEEEE $%$%

KoopaTheCasual

I'll eat my crow now.

Even so, later than expected, but about damn time it got a date. Also, congrats Rushy! Much deserved!

Rushy tweeted that we'll get to know this week if it's 30 or 60 fps.
If it was still only 30fps with no caveats, they would not even be mentioning framerate. Either there's gonna be a mode to make it 60fps and scale back the IQ, or they've pulled a Houdini and managed to get this game at 60fps.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wooooooo

This will be my first driving game in some time. I've drastically reduced the amount and types of games I play but this one has always been on my radar. Will be getting on release.

Nice, finally a date, thank you based Soony ;)

Wow almost 1 year late and no nextgen racer for me until October, that is sad. But I love what I'm seeing there, especially the time lapses and the gorgeous never ending landscapes!

Top Bottom