• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub releasing October 8th, new trailer

kriskrosbbk

Brand new trailer with a release date 8th October .

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny3JYGXCmFg&hd=1

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/29/driveclub-release-date-revealed-brand-new-trailer/

Driveclub game director Paul Rustchynsky has confirmed to VG247 that Evolution Studios’ PS4 racer will run at 1080p and 30 frames-per-second.

Update : http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/30/driveclub-update-evolution-studios-2/

Visuals – We’re constantly improving how stunning the game looks as we continue to optimise visuals and find new ways of pushing the PS4. You can see for yourself how it looks right now in the latest video we shared yesterday because all the footage was captured on PS4 from the game. It’ll look even better in October.
Audio – It’s absolutely state of the art. We’re continuing to refine the authentic sounds that we have for each and every car in the game and we’re going to put together videos that focus on this.
Driving – It already feels great to play and we’re continuing to add further layers to the physics to make it both more accessible for everybody and more sophisticated for experienced racers.
Clubs – We’re making it easier for you to keep up to speed with what’s going on in your club as part of the rework on the dynamic menus. We’ve also tweaked clubs to support up to 6 players instead of 12 (because the game is more fun with tightly-knit clubs and it paves the way for awesome 6 on 6 club races).
Tour – The difficulty curve for the campaign mode is becoming even smoother as we continue to optimise the vehicle handling and also refine the game’s AI for non-player racers.
Cars & Tracks – More time means more staggeringly detailed cars and exciting tracks too. If you haven’t already, check out the Ferrari in the video released yesterday. There are loads more exciting cars for us to reveal in the coming months.

In addition to the new date, we are also very pleased to announce that as of February 2014, Paul Rustchynsky – better known as Rushy – has been at the helm of DRIVECLUB as Game Director.

Congrats Rushy! I am glad to have you are around .

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny3JYGXCmFg#t=118

nCGb3lz.png

Lucifon

Is that 10th of August or 8th of October. Blog post is EU but trailer is just Playstation's Youtube account.

EDIT - Should have watched the trailer, 8th October.

Megatron

In addition to the new date, we are also very pleased to announce that as of February 2014, Paul Rustchynsky – better known as Rushy – has been at the helm of DRIVECLUB as Game Director.

That's nice and all, but really how much impact could he really have in that short amount of time, so close to launch?

Bishop89

FINALLY!!

October 8...
Nice...

Looks like Sony is out to have a killer holiday season..maybe making up for last holidays.

Ape

Banned
Waaaaay later than I thought it would be. Expected summer. That game was probably a fucking MESS.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
For a second there I thought they were using the crazy backwards American dating system and it was out out in August
:(

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Graphically. It looks a generation above Forza 5.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
October? Jesus.

Hopefully we get some better quality footage - at least on my computer that youtube video looked quite aliasy, but could have just been compression.

Megasoum

Banned

Haha, called it in the old thread

Finally!

Very happy to use my first post on neogaf to state my excitement for this game. Need a new racer as I've played all there is to play of NFS Rivals.

Nugg

That week will be fucking intense. On top of my head: Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor, and Batman come out that same week.

KHlover

Banned
Is that 10th of August or 8th of October. Blog post is EU but trailer is just Playstation's Youtube account.
Europe doesn't use slashes in their date format. This is the US date format.
Edit: usually? My world view is destroyed, i am confused

Megatron

Brand new trailer with a release date 08/10/14

Oh damn you Euros and your backwards way of listing dates. I thought this meant August 10th!

Didn't they say this was coming in the summer? October is not Summer! Man, that's an 11 month delay. Even Pikmin 3 is mocking this game.

Top Bottom