• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub releasing October 8th, new trailer

Wow. A whole year late.

The fact that they felt the need to push this all the way into the fall, has me more worried than ever about Sony's exclusive lineup for the fall.

Edit: This is also confirmation GT6 is not being ported to the PS4 this year, which was something Kaz and company hinted was possible last year. lol

IvKrrPg.jpg

I'm getting Oct 7 on my trailer....

Anyways Hype is HERE

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Coming out the same week as Dragon Age/Alien/LotR and right before Batman. Ouch.

I'm still interested to see how it turns out, though.

RulkezX

October is going to be expensive as hell.

I think a lot of you are expecting too much from the + version. This is still a £40 release after all.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Maybe it was just youtube quality being shitty as always, but that somehow didn't look as good to me as the gameplay gifs that were going around months ago. Which is crazy, because the cinematic replay angles always make racing games look better, not worse. Still a good looking game, of course, I'm just speaking comparatively.

KlotePino

I audibly gasped when I saw it on my Facebook page, for some reason I'm really looking forward to this still, that mix between arcade and sim isn't what most people are looking for but it's kinda perfect for me.

Hasney

I think a lot of you are expecting too much from the + version. This is still a £40 release after all.

All I need is 10 cars and 5 tracks with a bunch of events to feel like a decent Plus release.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Darn. I missed it by 8 days. Though I imagine Sony is moving other things around that might have bumped it.

I don't think the game was a mess last year. I think they decided to delay it to add more content and fix/bolster some of the social systems. And it's not like Sony has to rush.

It definitely was NOT made 60 fps or have major game changing modes or features adjusted.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
There's some nice cloud/terrain rendering in there. Dem (volumetric) clouds are definitely a nice addition.

They're pretty, but I'm usually looking down at the track rather than up at the sky.

anyone activated the Blim signal yet? I'd like to be reassured the image quality is still good - the lighting etc was gorgeous but those opening seconds with slow pans around the cars showed a lot of shimmering. Fingers crossed that was youtube.

jett

D-Member
Evo's trailers are all downsampled, pre-rendered "in-game" footage. Calling it CG is not that far off.

Darn. I missed it by 8 days. Though I imagine Sony is moving other things around that might have bumped it.

I don't think the game was a mess last year. I think they decided to delay it to add more content and fix/bolster some of the social systems. And it's not like Sony has to rush.

It definitely was NOT made 60 fps or have major game changing modes or features adjusted.

The only thing they ever showed to the public was single-car time trials. Think about that.

Megatron

It's possible to get the Platinum trophy from the + version. Still, I do wonder if anything's changed in the year since this was supposed to come out and development costs have skyrocketed. When Sony told us it would be free a year ago, they didn't think they were still going to be paying to have it be made for another year. I hope they don't pull more content out of it to try to incentivize more purchases to recoup that expense.

I'm hyped, but this means the Summer months will be slow for Sony outside of TLOU rerelease.

And this probably means no major holiday releases aside from DriveClub and the Order. =(

Though in a way this makes me happy. Maybe I can catch up on my huge backlog a bit.

nampad

Just nearly a year delayed, lol. This game better delivers after that delay, especially considering Evolutions future as a developer is probably depending on it.

Luckily, I still got my cheap preorder for €20 from Amazon so I'll get it no matter what.

GameSeeker

But Y2Kevstradamus said September.............ABANDON HOPE ALL IS LOST

Y2Kev has some explaining to do...

:p

Rushy,

Congratulations on being named Game Director. Your passion for the game and your willingness to communicate with fans on NeoGAF and Twitter is commendable. Thank you.

Please tell Sony Marketing to stop releasing PS4 videos only on Youtube. The new trailer looks nice, but you can clearly see how badly Youtube has compressed the video and lost all of the fine detail. If you can find a way to release this trailer in a high quality, high bitrate version, it will impress a lot more people than the Youtube version. Naughty Dog was able to release a high quality version of their TLOU PS4 trailer, so there should be a way.

They've already said that there's going to be enough content in the Plus edition for you to Platinum it.

"enough content" could also mean "takes you forever" to platinum it. You guys realize this statement is dependent on what types of trophies there are in the game, right?

I mean, the entire game could be platinumable but with only 1 course and 3 cars available. Sure, it'd take ages, but it can be done!

All I need is 10 cars and 5 tracks with a bunch of events to feel like a decent Plus release.

I like where your expectations lay. This is about what I'd expect, with course packs/car packs available as microtransactions.

Megasoum

Banned
I know it's always been like that so it's not a surprise but the whole "Focus on social challenge" thing is really turning me off.

All I want is a good arcade/light-sim racer with a good career/progression... I don't give a shit about how good my friends did every 50 meters.

I really hope that Playground won't fuck up Horizon 2 with all that crap.

Still very hopefull for Driveclub but we haven't seen anything really interesting so far except pretty graphics.

Also fuck Drift...in any games, I wish that fad would just go away.

Top Bottom