• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub releasing October 8th, new trailer

tumblr_m66mmyRzyl1r0fp98o1_500.gif

Why?? Hogwash a good game is a good game, if the delay was for the better it is not too late, i mean ther eis not a lot currently for ps4 in the fall and no racers

Finally, we have a release date !!!

October 8 is fine by me even though at that time of the year, i spend a lot of money on video games because there's a lot of them...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
also,

In addition to the new date, we are also very pleased to announce that as of February 2014, Paul Rustchynsky – better known as Rushy – has been at the helm of DRIVECLUB as Game Director.

for those wondering

RoKKeR

Wow, much later than expected.

Still looks good visually, hopefully the gameplay is fun.

HOW FAST DO YA WANNA GO?

I wish they would stop using that song.

Almost an entire year from when it was originally planned to come out - I hope it was all worth it.

That trailer footage is looking sumptuous though. It's got to be the best looking racing game out there.

repeater

I hope this game is still on track for a PS+ Edition. I'm not huge on racing games but I am now extremely curious about how this game will turn out and if the endless delays had any tangible impact on the tech and performance.

jett

D-Member
Wow a yearlong delay?

And still no weather effects.

They better show something that substantiates the delay. Unless the original date was just total bollocks, which is looking like it was.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
So this autumn we have:

Driveclub
VS
Horizon 2
VS
The Crew

Graphically. It looks a generation above Forza 5.

Forza 5 - 16 cars on track, 60fps.
If Driveclub can do that and look this good then yes.

If it's just eight cars and lots of pretty lights for 30fps, then the devs made the same choice that devs make every generation with every console. Pretty vs FPS

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
There's some nice cloud/terrain rendering in there. Dem (volumetric) clouds are definitely a nice addition.

styl3s

It's a shame they couldn't of got it out in the summer because Oct-Nov this year will end up being jam packed. I probably won't even get around to playing it till Jan-Feb of next year.

October? Jesus.

Hopefully we get some better quality footage - at least on my computer that youtube video looked quite aliasy, but could have just been compression.

They should release an uncompressed short version like they did with KZ:SF, hopefully.

Top Bottom