• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub releasing October 8th, new trailer

TheMan

Ya know, I wouldn't mind these delays so much if we had...oh I don't know...a single fucking racing game to play on the PS4. Need For Speed Rivals just doesn't cut it. What a disappointment this gen has been so far. Everything's fucking delayed.

And for those of you who can't understand my rationale, driving/racing games are my favorite genre. Every other genre is there for me to pass the time while I wait for another racer to be released. And PS4's been an absolute BUST in that department so far. I thought this machine was so easy to develop for? Bah!

Ok, I'm done bitching. Had to get it out of my system.

have to agree with you. I'm kind of disheartened at the lack of racing games for ps4, but i guess that even if the system itself is easy to develop for, it still takes tons of time and effort to create adequate car models, tracks, sounds, etc. i was itching for a new racing game so i went ahead and bought shift 2 for 360 the other day...people weren't kidding when they bitched about that game's handling. the ps4 racers will come in time. tis' the curse of the early adopter to wait.

KOHIPEET

Not only the game looks spectacular, but this is also one of the best trailers I've seen for a long time in the gaming world. Whoever directed it, should deserve a lot of praise.

The way the scenery is photographed in the beginning, coupled with the music....lawd.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hype!

s986r.gif

what's with the flying Dorito chip?

Hoo-doo

Banned
sbAeLzt.jpg

Is that yosp?

I thought that was a quick photoshop people on here made.

If they actually put Yoshida in there then that's goddamn amazing.

Good spot. The stanchions and background assets are coming together to form a "4" from a certain viewpoint. Someone care to watch the vid again and see if there's a subliminal message buried in there?

It's a UK advertising thing. Something something channel four.

~~Hasan~~

this game has this ... I do not know how to explain it. the screen / videos are not very clean. it has this dirty look into it or some sort of dust filter. its making this game look so photo realistic.

also, since rusty said we will find out about the fps this week, I get this feeling its 60 fps online and unlocked 30 fps single player " if there is any ? "

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Ya know, I wouldn't mind these delays so much if we had...oh I don't know...a single fucking racing game to play on the PS4. Need For Speed Rivals just doesn't cut it. What a disappointment this gen has been so far. Everything's fucking delayed.

And for those of you who can't understand my rationale, driving/racing games are my favorite genre. Every other genre is there for me to pass the time while I wait for another racer to be released. And PS4's been an absolute BUST in that department so far. I thought this machine was so easy to develop for? Bah!

Ok, I'm done bitching. Had to get it out of my system.
If this game had launched on time, you'd still be in the same basic predicament right now. The problem isn't so much the delays as the dearth of releases in this genre so far this gen.

Handy Fake

It's a UK advertising thing. Something something channel four.

Ah of course chief, I hadn't clicked it was an advert.

p3tran

Banned
recently confirmed ? or you are talking about the old confirmation ?

given that there is a whole bunch of people like me (racing fans are supposed to be around 15%-20% of total gamers), that immediately jumped in ps4 AND ps+ day 1,
of course driveclub being the biggest motive,
it would be a big dick move in my opinion to change the plans.
delaying the day1 game for a fuckin' year is gross enough. you dont want to make it grosser... so i would not worry at all about that.
my 2c's, without having a clue about (new) official sony policy on the subject.

Endo Punk

The trailer wasn't that exciting or showed us anything we haven't seen from the DC trailers last year but then again the trailers were always good looking. If we are getting week long content and explanation about the delay then I'm happy about that.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
lol people still think there is a PSN+ version....
Man this FUDge is good. Gonna go get some more at the super market right now. What particular brand of [CENSORED] do you get?

Hopefully, now that it's announced, they'll have it at more show floors. Like the PlayStation Road To Greatness (?) thing. Good solid release date. I hope the PS+ discount is huge to maybe garner some good will? ;)

I spotted it right off the back and even paused the YouTube video to confirm. If that's not him then he has a twin playing #DRIVECLUB.

Yup. Makes me wonder whether it's there for fun or if it alludes to user customized, shareable challenges.

Isn't that just meant to indicate that Yoshida has the record on that drift corner right now? It could be similar to how NFS Most Wanted would put up a users face on a billboard if they hold the record on a specific jump.

~~Hasan~~

given that there is a whole bunch of people like me (racing fans are supposed to be around 15%-20% of total gamers), that immediately jumped in ps4 AND ps+ day 1,
of course driveclub being the biggest motive,
it would be a big dick move in my opinion to change the plans.
delaying the day1 game for a fuckin' year is gross enough. you dont want to make it grosser... so i would not worry at all about that.
my 2c's, without having a clue about (new) official sony policy on the subject.

bro you are not the only racing fan here. I am also one " got PS4 and Xbox one With Forza limited edition lol "

but since you are racing fan anyway, I don't think you will settle with the Free version anyway :)

as for me, I will support the developers and buy the full game. so far they deserve It and I am a big fan of the concept of racing groups online or racing teams.

this maybe, my favorite racing of all time if it plays as good at it looks. and judging from the old videos and the developers behind it. I am sure its in safe hands.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Isn't that just meant to indicate that Yoshida has the record on that drift corner right now? It could be similar to how NFS Most Wanted would put up a users face on a billboard if they hold the record on a specific jump.
Ahh, that makes a lot more sense.

Although now I'm hoping my idea still exist in some capacity...

viveks86

Rushy! Save us from youtub-itis. Any chance you can host this video anywhere else? ND did this with TLOU: Remastered. Would be great if you could do something about it. Pleeeaaaase?

can someone explain to me what's special about this game? i'm asking because I haven't really been up to date with the info on this game, but what sets it apart from other racers?

Elios83

When a developer replies to that type of tweet, usually it's only good news.

I guess he's just saying ''wait until we make an official announcement about that'' in the coming days.
Even if the game is 30 fps, like it probably is, it doesn't mean that they have to hide and ignore the questions.

can someone explain to me what's special about this game? i'm asking because I haven't really been up to date with the info on this game, but what sets it apart from other racers?

What seperates any game from a racer??? Club racing with friends is the hook, but it's still racing, and gorgeous graphics.

SupJabroni

Neo Member
This seems like the type of racing game for me since I've always wanted to get into a racing sims but I really suck at racing sims. Was hoping for a summer release to get my arcade racing game fix but I guess it'll have to wait till October.

Also if they can hit a locked 60 fps it'll be glorious but my guess is it'll probably be unlocked 60 fps hovering around 45-55 fps.

Papacheeks

Banned
Having finished Infamous weeks ago, I was really hoping for a surprise E3 launch. But if this is what's needed to make the game great, I applaud Sony for delaying it. Just not sure what I will be playing on my PS4 the coming months. Hopefully, Watch_Dogs is better than I expect it to be.

Watch Dogs in May, The last of Us Remastered Edition in June.

Bound BY flame. Then September hits and you'll be Scrooge McDuck swimming in Video games!

THIS

games2.jpg

PLUS+

THIS

money-bin-scrooge-mcduck.jpg

EQUALS =

THIS

15gqku9.jpg

daveo42

Banned
The date being revealed now means Sony has too many bombs to drop at E3.

I'm sure the game will still be there in some aspect, but the upcoming announcements leading up to E3 means it definitely doesn't need large amount of stage presence or time for the release. Still betting on a pretty slick trailer though.

Vire

Unfortunately, this basically confirms that Sony's first party offerings for the holiday were rather anemic so they pushed Drive Club to bolster their fall lineup...

Top Bottom