• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2014 - discussion thread for their E3 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Buni

People thought the Zelda music was a tease about E3 but :
"- Rocco had access to Nintendo's backlog, and he simply listened to the Skyward Sword soundtrack, and liked it. That's why it was playing. So, that wasn't actually a tease of what's coming up next."
Well, can't blame him. It is hard to not like the Skyward Sword soundtrack.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
All aboard the REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS train!

Why would you settle for that?

wedonottakekindlytofailuremriwata.jpg

Go big or go home.

I love how Trinen doesn't even look slightly happy

His face always seems to be like that. Even when I google image searched his face, I only rarely came across a smile (one that isn't forced). Maybe he isn't being treated well, or possibly he knows a dark secret about Nintendo :p.

Albo

Sometimes to create life, one must first destroy

j6xmP1RzQFPXc.png

Amidst all the doom, Reggie will sacrifice himself in order to create the ultimate Zelda game in the hope of saving the Wii U.

rokero

1 grand for a tour of NOA's headquarters that's kind of steep do they let you meet Miyamoto at the end or something I would totally take the tour if it was less expensive though, I wonder what exclusive things that Nintendo world store has

MegalonJJ

Banned
tonight's gonna be great when the financial results come in and then we have people jumping back on the nintendo will make tons of money as a third party company you guys train. or maybe they'll show off qol tomorrow to really get things cooking. either way i am expecting real old testament type stuff.

Heh, so true.

mrhej

Pfft, Nintendo are hyping this up themselves with their twitter posts and Fils-a-Mech videos. They wouldn't do that unless they fully intended on blowing us all away, right?

...Right?

Please understand. Here is mario party 10.

phanphare

Banned
R/S remake? Nintendo has already won the year.

I never thought the 3DS's 2014 lineup had a chance of competing with its 2013 lineup but I'll be damned if it's not for a lack of effort. Bravely Default, Kirby, Smash, Tomodachi, and a Ruby/Sapphire remake are certainly a good start. now throw in Majora's Mask 3D, maybe a 2D Metroid or an Advance Wars game, and a localization or two. looks like a pretty epic year to me.

I would love a competent Mario Party game. 9 and the 3DS one are complete shit, they just need to go back to basics.
9 was fantastic.

I really hope that 10 includes the all at once mechanic as an option in addition to a more traditional style as well. MP 9 was great for playing with people who don't have a lot of experience playing Mario Party.

DNAbro

9 was fantastic.

I really hope that 10 includes the all at once mechanic as an option in addition to a more traditional style as well. MP 9 was great for playing with people who don't have a lot of experience playing Mario Party.

9 had none of the stupid yet hilarious backstabbing and anger the rest had. It was missing a lot of the things that made it feel like a board game.

Tokieda

Why would you settle for that?

wedonottakekindlytofailuremriwata.jpg

Go big or go home.

Sorry for being a bit off-topic, it was just too weird not to mention. I've just come home and this is one of the first pages that I open, and then I see this picture. I literally walked across that exact bridge about 4 hours ago.
I didn't see Iwata

Axass

Woah at the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire reveals! One less announcement for E3... they must feel confident about their digital event if they dropped this megaton one month earlier.

Woah at the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire reveals! One less announcement for E3... they must feel confident about their digital event if they dropped this megaton one month earlier.

Pokemon bombs are always dropped outside of E3 and they needed a bomb with the losses Iwata had to present he might drop another in the next 10 hrs as he has to present more

It seems Nintendo has embraced viral videos. The digital event will be nothing but trailers with bizarre skits mixed in. It could be amazing or it could be cringe inducing. Either way it's going to be a blast to watch.

georly

Sign me up for the realistic expectations train! Woo Woo.

1. More smash 4 info
  2. Possible zelda u reveal
  3. in game footage of alpha/omega pokemon games
  4. hyrule warriors
  5. yarn yoshi
  6. more X info
  7. More bayo 2 info

0 unexpected reveals. Nintendo has been doing nothing about announcing stuff ahead of time, and just explaining more later. Last year they outright TOLD us we'd see smash/mario kart/new mario at e3. That's pretty much all we got.

I'm just expecting stuff we've seen in recent directs to be expanded upon. Release dates given for stuff actually coming out, and then, nothing else. Disappointment everywhere, but truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom