• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock (not the sequel) coming to PS3? Edit: Confirmed, Fall 08

Rayne.S

Banned
pswii60 said:
Wow, like three completely separate confirmations in an hour! An embargo must be lifted.

As for Rayne S - he's redeemed! So maybe Fallout 3 will be a PS3 timed exclusive after all.

nu uh, made my grave with
Chronotrigger DS ... Q3 / Q4 EU

Great game, so PS3-only gamers should be enthused about this.

Partially started a second game on hard mode/no vita-chamber after the DLC dropped for 360. Hoping to get back to it soon.

Guy Legend

Damn. I have the PC version I bought a couple of months back, but I haven't played it yet. Now the PS3 version is coming out....

Is this it?

bioshockps3.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
A big daddy costume in littlebigplanet would be pretty cool. Just sayin'.

You know, wouldn't it be cool if other games could unlock costumes and shit in LBP? Who needs Home, pah, etc ;)

AndyD

aka andydumi
dammitmattt said:
I don't understand this. You're a gamer. Why get rid of a system and limit your game choices. This behavior is absolutely bizarre to me.

I had a 360 as well until it RRODed the second time during the period after the warranty was up but before it was extended to 3 years (unluckiest period ever). So I sold everything on craigslist, and took the money and invested into improving my PC.

Between that and PS3, I have not really missed much since then.

And a 360 can always make its way back once the price is down and there are enough exclusives that warrant it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
By the way, I don't necessarily see someone posting bad things about Bioshock after the launch praise on the 360 as a biased thing at all. If the PC was going to get a perfect GTAIV port this fall, I would have a few negative things to say about it today. Of course, I didn't feel like that at all during the first week or two.

It takes a few months for the hype to settle before people can get a clear, objective look at the game. Honestly I like the after-party threads much much more than a super-mega-launch thread, even though those are fun too.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
:lol off course you guys should play Bioshock. Its a really good game, one of the better ones that came out last year. The thing is I didnt see the super-over-the-top awesomeness that some people were seeing. That is what I meant with overrated (imo).

hauton

Not that I really care, I played Bioshock PC and found it exceedingly overrated, but lol @ the spin people are trying to put on it.

Please, the amount of hype this game got before and after release made it seem like the FPS second coming of Jesus Christ the Holy Saviour. And now it's "good... for 2007"?

For PS3-only owners, this is good news. Even though it wasn't for me, everyone should give it a try. At worst, it's a 7/10 IMO.

1-D_FTW

DarknessTear said:
Really? Oh snap. I wanna play Bioshock even more now.

Especially if you never played System Shock or Deus Ex. And you don't see seams when games are formulaic. You should really enjoy it. Now if you were expecting a prettier version of those above games, you will be disappointed. And if you see seams and get annoyed when you're put onto one bland errand fetch after another, you'll be bitterly disappointed. I know I was.

shagg_187 said:
Is this it?

bioshockps3.jpg

"Proof why xbox's best shooter is better on PS3"

Curious to see if this is in fact true.

Made the mistake of playing halo and gears instead of this on a borrowed 360 last year. Looking forward to buying it now.

Ploid 3.0

I'm willing to give this a rent since Wollan said it's pretty good. I don't have places that rent odd ps3 games though.

BioShock is a great game. I don't know what exactly "the haters" were expecting, but it was my favorite single-player game of last year.

It's just cool to tear things down that others love, especially on GAF.

andydumi said:
That said, will it be a full price title? Or 40 bucks or so?

dabig2 said:
Hopefully it's like $40.

I'll only buy it if it's less than 40 bucks, it's a year old port....that's the same reason I got Oblivion for 20 bucks and not 60.

Teetris said:
So this is one of the 2 big games then? The one coming to the PS3 for the first time?

Sounds like it, I wonder what the other one is....

So apparently I'm late to the bitch fest regarding the widescreen differences. According to the Wikipedia article on Bioshock, which btw. is already updated to inlude the announcement of the PS3 port, you get a larger field of view above and below the widescreen view if you play it in 4:3?

How is this a problem? Surely the game is designed for widescreen, and playing it in 4:3 only adds redundancy to the FOV?

hauton

dammitmattt said:
BioShock is a great game. I don't know what exactly "the haters" were expecting, but it was my favorite single-player game of last year.
I had huge hype for Bioshock, from what I saw (having never played the previous Shock games) it looked fresh and innovative and everyone told me it was fresh and innovative.

But the morality play is pretty much non-existent and complete black and white.

The AI is bone-headed at best.

The difficulty also is laughable. Which combines with the aforementioned for no horror.

Puzzles were too easy.

Incredibly atmospheric, but otherwise, it fell vastly short of my expectations.

1-D_FTW

dammitmattt said:

It's just cool to tear things down that others love, especially on GAF.

It's a decent game. A good game. And if you blindly picked it up, you'd be pleasantly surprised by it's quality.

But to say people tear it down cause it's "cool" is a very narrow minded thing to say. The game has some major flaws to it. Is everyone the same? No. Do all people see the same things? No. Do different things annoy different people? Yes. People who complain about this game are doing so because of very valid reasons. Those reasons may not be a pet peeve of yours and therefore not bother you, but it doesn't mean they're not real issues. And the fact that reviewers were so silent on these issues was gonna create backlash. Rightfully so.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Question is, will a year old port even sell?

My guess is, not really, maybe to the super hardcore PS3 only users.

I just bought the PC version :X

sajj316

Paranoid_Robot said:
PS3 just got the best game available on the 360.

arguably yes ... now if we (ps3 owners) could just get Mass Effect too :)

Kagari said:
Question is, will a year old port even sell?

My guess is, not really, maybe to the super hardcore PS3 only users.

I just bought the PC version :X

NG Sigma sold well. Oblivion I believe sold too. If the port is excellent, PS3 gamers will buy!

hauton said:
I had huge hype for Bioshock, from what I saw (having never played the previous Shock games) it looked fresh and innovative and everyone told me it was fresh and innovative.

But the morality play is pretty much non-existent and complete black and white.

The AI is bone-headed at best.

The difficulty also is laughable. Which combines with the aforementioned for no horror.

Puzzles were too easy.

Incredibly atmospheric, but otherwise, it fell vastly short of my expectations.

That's the problem. Everyone judged it based on what others were saying instead of tuning that out and just judging it for what it was.

Also, to address your points, the AI is NOT bone-headed at best. The enemies, Big Daddies, and bosses do what they're supposed to do. It is too easy on normal, but hard is a decent challenge, especially if you turn off Vita-Chambers. Puzzles should be easy - it's not a puzzle game! No one complained about RE4's puzzles being too easy. Also, there's something wrong with you if you didn't experience some level of horror upon first seeing and then first fighting a Big Daddy.

Xisiqomelir

Worm_Buffet said:
So apparently I'm late to the bitch fest regarding the widescreen differences. According to the Wikipedia article on Bioshock, which btw. is already updated to inlude the announcement of the PS3 port, you get a larger field of view above and below the widescreen view if you play it in 4:3?

How is this a problem? Surely the game is designed for widescreen, and playing it in 4:3 only adds redundancy to the FOV?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182534

a Master Ninja said:
That's a stetch, but I'm happy you're happy.

Well, it's definitely up there and I'm not happy, or sad. I don't care, already played it :p I just want to know what they're going to do for a sequel.

tanod

when is my burrito
sleeping_dragon said:
i still havent change my opinion about the game - the most overrated game of all time.

That may be but it still doesn't change that it was one of the best games (GAF-certified) of last year.

I bought a 360 so I could play it and was happy that I did.

Top Bottom