• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs reviews

Metacritic (PS4 version) - 82%

AusGamers: 8.9/10
CeX: 5/5
CraveOnline: 9.0/10
CVG: 9/10
Destructoid: 8/10 - Great
Digital Chumps: 9.0/10
Digital Spy: 4/5
DualShockers: 9.0/10
EDGE: 8/10
Eurogamer.net: 7/10
Europe 1 - No score
FanSided - 5.5/10
Flickering Myth - No score
Gameblog (PS3): 3.5/5 - Good
Gameblog (PS4): 4/5 - Very Good + 'Must-have' label
Game Informer: 8.5/10
Gamekult: 7/10 - Good + 'Selection' label
Gamenguide - No score
Game Revolution: 4.5/5
Gamergen: 17/20
GamersGlobal: 9.0/10
Gamespot: 8/10 - Great
Gametrailers.com: 8.9/10
Giant Bomb: 3/5
Hobby Consolas: 8.5/10
IGN Spain: 8.6/10
InsideGamer: 9/10
Jeuxvideo.com: 18/20
Jeuxvideo.fr: 9/10
Jeux Vidéo Magazine: 19/20
Joystiq: 4/5
Kotaku - Should You Play This Game? - NO
Lazygamer: 8.0/10
Les Numériques: 4/5
Meristation: 8/10
Metro: 7/10
Metronews.fr - No score
Millenium: 75%
New Game Network: 83/100
PC Gamer: 87%
PCGames: 86%
PlayStationLifeStyle: 6.5/10
Polygon: 8.0/10
Slash Gear: No score
T4Mag: 9.5/10
The Escapist: 4.5/5
Tom's Guide: 4/5
US Gamer: 5/5
Vandal: 8.7/10
Videogamer: 7/10
Visual-M Media: 4/5

Squire

Banned
It begins.

Predicting mostly 8s.

Edit: Holy shit, the negatives there confirm like every fear I have for the game. To a T.

Sounds good - i like hearing that this seems to have a deep skill tree and while it is disappointing to hear about the characters and the story letting the game down a bit, i can find my own fun in open world games.

Expecting mostly 8's, with some 7 and 9's to even it out to ~80-85 on metacritic.

jgGB18m.gif

NateDrake

Expecting the game to settle around an 80 on Metacritic. This review seems.....off. The negatives seem stronger than the positives.

oti

Banned
Worst thing that could happen: It's like Assassin's Creed 1. Lot of promise, a bit of a rough execution. That's absolutely fine in my book.

Can't wait. I get the game with my gtx 770, so I don't really care about the reviews though.

Eusis

I'm expecting a lot of 80's for this game.
Ditto. A handful of 90s, some 70s, and a few people who just absolutely don't like a game going for 60s and lower (well, a 5 point system could get a bunch of 3/5s but those are always more like 7s from anyone else, nevermind how completely screwed up letters are scaled on Metacritic.) It'll probably be a very good but not amazing game, and I'll wait mainly to hear if the potential for screwing around is there. Lackluster enemy AI leaves me sort of worried, but then I've only ever noticed AI when screwing around and combat barely registers.

Gray Matter

Broken embargo? This site is asking to be put on the blacklist of no review copies.

Edit:
holy shit, I can finally post, randomly tried and it went thru. Sorry if off topic, been waiting for this day for a while :)

"Game is shit. I didnt liked the Story,Shooting,Hacking,Characters" - Its very good. 8/10 MUST HAVE TITLE

We probably get another 10 reviews like that. Criticising the game for being bad but then giving it 8/10.

Kelsey

Banned
87.5% average after 2 reviews, not bad :p

If you count Jeux's score from last week (19/20), it's actually higher. And as someone else pointed out, the day one patch addresses enemy AI. To what extent? Who knows. I wonder if reviewers had access to the patch.

Top Bottom