• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Blues1990

Someone just created this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/LuigiDeathStares

Not too many links yet on it, we'll see if it blows up.

WearySphericalCygnet.gif

The second banana has good taste in princesses.

SM239

Is it me, or have red shells actually gotten a significant nerfing? Seems a lot easier to fool and outmaneuver them, now.

I feel quite the opposite. Back in MK Wii I could get red shells to fall off tracks, crash into walls, etc. In this game however I can only seem to block them with items or another racer.

Maybe this game should have been called Rosalina Kart and some other Mario guys.

It's crowded with rosalinas!

I also use Rosalina :(

Yeah glad I could help...acceleration only kicks in for full 1.00 bars now instead of 0.75 like 7. Meaning there's a lot of wasted accel...and heavies benefit the most >_<
Doing some calcs. Let's see...

Oh god, that 0.25 accel loss the Metals have over the other heavyweights with the same speed suddenly makes them a lot worse for speed combos. You basically lose a whole bar of accel with both the bike and kart speed combos for no speed gain if my math is right.

ffdgh

That's kind of what I meant. There doesn't seem to be as much of a penalty on the heavy characters as in the past (at least it doesn't feel that way).

I'm constantly like "Wait, why the f--- is Bowser/Wario/DK gaining speed on me?" when I'm using one the supposedly speedy smaller characters.

Yeah....some questionable stats balance.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That's kind of what I meant. There doesn't seem to be as much of a penalty on the heavy characters as in the past (at least it doesn't feel that way).

I'm constantly like "Wait, why the f--- is Bowser/Wario/DK gaining speed on me?" when I'm using one the supposedly speedy smaller characters.

That's reverse, the bigger guys are faster but have terrible acceleration. Their downside is gaining speed after hits or if they go off track, and are generally harder to control.

That said in this game it doesn't matter as much from what I can tell. Mushrooms negate bad acc a lot and it gets tossed out like candy here.

Yeah....some questionable stats balance.
Well I figured that it's because they felt like not enough people were using them in MK Wii/DS/7 but it feels like they went just a little overboard. I may end up switching back to DK at this rate :lol
That's reverse, the bigger guys are faster but have terrible acceleration. Their downside is gaining speed after hits or if they go off track, and are generally harder to control.

That said in this game it doesn't matter as much from what I can tell. Mushrooms negate bad acc a lot and it gets tossed out like candy here.
You can actually make some pretty decent acceleration builds now with the heavier characters. Not to the point where they feel like Toad but it doesn't seem like it's that hard to get them going again from a dead stop.

ffdgh

Doing some calcs. Let's see...

Oh god, that 0.25 accel loss the Metals have over the other heavyweights with the same speed suddenly makes them a lot worse for speed combos. You basically lose a whole bar of accel with both the bike and kart speed combos for no speed gain if my math is right.

Yup...no max speed with decent accel for them. On the positive side, 1.00-2.00 works normally >_>

Zing

Banned
Its gotten to the point where I hold my breath in the lobby and see if they're gonna select a map or not. I hear its a glitch

You may have noticed sometimes when you are in a room, the timer counts all the way down from 10 to 0, the track pick does not occur and then you get kicked shortly afterwards. If this keeps happening to you. You just experienced the room vote glitch.

How does this happen? Basically, if someone leaves a room without voting and someone doesn't fill the spot before the countdown runs out, Then the Game still thinks it's waiting on another person to vote on a track in the room, it will never get that vote, and the room crashes.

To help prevent room crashing until Nintendo patches this, please place a vote for a course and then leave the room. As placing a vote will let the room continue running for everyone else.

Pls fix Nintendo :(
I have seen people leave both with and without voting. Never had a crash or disconnect or any sort of error.

It seems unlikely that I could have ten hours under my belt online and not have a single disconnect or error of any kind if this was an actual glitch.

AllenShrz

This game sucks
for forcing me buying a WiiU later today, I dont care for other Nintendo games or this dead console but MK8 is calling my inner child.

Mine01

Fun tournament everyone! Kuga won even without playing the last 4 races!!

Kuga
BM8
Rarbusto
Sanos
Nudull
RellyRell
Williw
Contralto
Gold
Greg
Cucholix
Aardvark

Check in tomorrow night for another, possibly with some team play!

Are you going to do this daily? i would love to join a proper tournament.

XiaNaphryz, I hope you don't mind that I altered the gif that you posted. E3-ified :D.

lEePG6D.gif

- sorry about the jaggies around the head... gimp is being a bit temperamental at the moment >_<.

Top Bottom