• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrath of the Lich King: Alpha leak compendium; title music suite, abilities, pictures

Twig

Banned
g35twinturbo said:
yeah, we had always got shyt until this last update (mount/helm). took us a long time ot actually get something decent.
Yeah, the mount was awesome. <3

I like the goggles, too, but... I replaced mine pretty quickly with arena gear. \:

Xiaoki

Lain said:
I have my fun playing a holy pally. Sure the whole gameplay consist of spamming 1 or 2 spells and the occasional holy shock (which to most people is boring), but it is pretty relaxing and enjoyable if you want that from a class.
Then again, my other 70 is a Fire Mage, all you do is spam scorch and Fireball and it is still a fun class to play.
The only place that really bores me as a paladin is Arena anyways.
All classes and specs have a bell curve for the spell usage.
As you level and get more spells you use more spells but then start to use less and less spells to maximize your DPS to mana efficiency.
On my Resto Shaman I'll put down my totems then spam chain heal(some bosses I spam healing wave) and I easily top the healing charts.

So far for WotLK I've only seen like 2 or 3 new spells for each class which is fine by me. If they add 4 or 5 new spells every 10 levels and 2 or 3 new spells from talents by the time we get to level 100 our entire screen will be hot keys.

firex

Kletian said:
So have the mats been confirmed yet for Inscriptions? I've seen the rumblings that it's going to be Herbalism that supplies the profession, but I would like to be sure.
Sounds like herbalism + some bought stuff like parchment, and quills (not sure how those will be crafted or obtained).

J-Rzez

I'll tell you exactly what the deal is with that "Caster" gear debacle. Laziness. Blizzard has been notorious for recycling gear-skins, and this is just an excuse for them to get away with it not just in one class anymore (see priests gear holy/shadow), it's for them to go across the boards. It's disgusting. I don't understand them. They go out of the way to do this new fancy art that looks so different area to area, then cheap out on one of the most important segments to an MMO, and that's it's gear.

BTW, has the talent trees/abilities been made available yet for Rogues?

Cipherr

Where can I find some info on the inscriptions tradeskill. Wondering what it will be. Making scrolls cant be all that there is to it right?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
TheOneGuy said:

I like the goggles, too, but... I replaced mine pretty quickly with arena gear. \:

I still have mine, I still think they are on top some of the best headgear in game. I want to get Sure Strike Googles v3.0 but They drop in SSC i think :(

Twig

Banned
g35twinturbo said:
I still have mine, I still think they are on top some of the best headgear in game. I want to get Sure Strike Googles v3.0 but They drop in SSC i think :(
Well there might be better goggles that drop in dungeons, I dunno! My hunter had the goggles recipe bought from the trainer. I never actually replaced them because they looked awesome, but I know looking at the S2 arena gear, at least, with the set bonuses, the goggles ended up being not as good.

J-Rzez

g35twinturbo said:

You talking about the upgrades? The plans drop in SWP. The plans are BoE, but, expect some outrageous asking prices for the more popular one's like the Quad-Blow goggles for Rogues.

firex

Puncture said:
Where can I find some info on the inscriptions tradeskill. Wondering what it will be. Making scrolls cant be all that there is to it right?
It goes beyond scrolls. There are temp enchants, and then permanent "glyphs" you can write that will buff specific spells/schools. stuff like increased damage/dot damage from fire spells, chance to stun with spells, increased effect of melee skills, etc.

Supposedly there are major and minor glyphs and you can have 2 major and 4 minor available.

Ariexv

TheOneGuy said:

Well hopefully they improve upon what they did with BC, the upgradable weapons for Blacksmithing was a fuck-awesome idea but why stop @ T3? and Why only 1 class? Give every profession upgradable items that you can improve upon every tier of raiding. Make them slightly better then the normal loot in the dungeon(or slightly worse then final boss loot) and every profession has a really good reason to have it. Imagine how awesome it would have been if the 3 piece tailoring sets were upgradable all through BC, or if LW had 3 piece sets for Hunters/Shamans/Druids/Rogues that was really good and upgradable all through BC.

This is how I would hope they do it

Tailoring=3 piece sets for Priests/Locks/Mages upgradable every tier
Black-smithing=1 2 hander, 2 1 handers for the specific weapon smiths, 3 Armor pieces for the Armor-smiths(or 2 armor pieces + 1 shield)
Leather-working=3 Piece sets for Shaman/Hunter/Rogue/Druid upgradable every tier
Engineering=Helm, trinket, gun/shield/etc upgradable every tier + New fun shit
Jewel-crafting=Ring, Neck, Trinket upgradable every tier + Bop gems.
Alchemy=Trinket + make buff pots/flasks better for alchemist as well as Hp/Mana pots
Enchanting=Ring + possibly neck/belt enchants?
Inscription= I don't know yet =\

Would keep all the professions useful all throughout Wrath.

J-Rzez

firex said:
It goes beyond scrolls. There are temp enchants, and then permanent "glyphs" you can write that will buff specific spells/schools. stuff like increased damage/dot damage from fire spells, chance to stun with spells, increased effect of melee skills, etc.

Supposedly there are major and minor glyphs and you can have 2 major and 4 minor available.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how it pans out. I'm more curious how "creator only" inscriptions will play out though.

Yes. This is needed. Even if it is for enchanters only. Only having a "ring" buff now is nothing compared to other professions (excluding engineering).

Ariexv

J-Rzez said:
Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how it pans out. I'm more curious how "creator only" inscriptions will play out though.
Well you would think there wouldn't be really any "Unique" possibly OP creator only inscriptions, but possibly just higher Dmg additions, cooler spell effects on the minor, maybe higher chance to knockback and stuff.

Twig

Banned
Ariexv said:
Well hopefully they improve upon what they did with BC, the upgradable weapons for Blacksmithing was a fuck-awesome idea but why stop @ T3? and Why only 1 class? Give every profession upgradable items that you can improve upon every tier of raiding. Make them slightly better then the normal loot in the dungeon(or slightly worse then final boss loot) and every profession has a really good reason to have it. Imagine how awesome it would have been if the 3 piece tailoring sets were upgradable all through BC, or if LW had 3 piece sets for Hunters/Shamans/Druids/Rogues that was really good and upgradable all through BC.

This is how I would hope they do it

Tailoring=3 piece sets for Priests/Locks/Mages upgradable every tier
Black-smithing=1 2 hander, 2 1 handers for the specific weapon smiths, 3 Armor pieces for the Armor-smiths(or 2 armor pieces + 1 shield)
Leather-working=3 Piece sets for Shaman/Hunter/Rogue/Druid upgradable every tier
Engineering=Helm, trinket, gun/shield/etc upgradable every tier + New fun shit
Jewel-crafting=Ring, Neck, Trinket upgradable every tier + Bop gems.
Alchemy=Trinket + make buff pots/flasks better for alchemist as well as Hp/Mana pots
Inscription= I don't know yet =\

Would keep all the professions useful all throughout Wrath.
Yeah, seems like as good an idea as any to me. Though, to me, I prefer the non-gear engineering stuff. Well, I guess trinkets are gear. But, like the chicken ray, the goblin rocket launcher. Personally, I think they shouldn't be trinkets anyway, but that's neither here nor there.

My point is, I don't care much about gear, but I love the fun shit. I kind of have no doubt they'll make engineering useful GEAR wise, but that's not why I picked the profession! Anyone who picked engineering for the gear is a bastard. There are all those other professions for that sort of thing. No reason to convince Blizzard that's all engineering's good for. ):<

J-Rzez

Ariexv said:
Well you would think there wouldn't be really any "Unique" possibly OP creator only inscriptions, but possibly just higher Dmg additions, cooler spell effects on the minor, maybe higher chance to knockback and stuff.

Well yeah, that's what I mean. Just "how much higher" is the question. Like is it going to be small like say JC's that can make themselves a 24AP blue gem even compared to the 20ap epic? Or, is it going to be a more significant? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Ariexv

TheOneGuy said:
My point is, I don't care much about gear, but I love the fun shit. I kind of have no doubt they'll make engineering useful GEAR wise, but that's not why I picked the profession! Anyone who picked engineering for the gear is a bastard. There are all those other professions for that sort of thing. No reason to convince Blizzard that's all engineering's good for. ):<
Well Engineering can have tons of cool fun shit as well as a couple useful pieces of gear, I figured there would be fun stuff as well that's why Engi has the least amount of suggested gear pieces on my list.

Twig

Banned
Ariexv said:
Well Engineering can have tons of cool fun shit as well as a couple useful pieces of gear, I figured there would be fun stuff as well that's why Engi has the least amount of suggested gear pieces on my list.
Yeah. But does Blizzard feel the same way? From TBC, I would say... not so much. d:

I do like your proposed plan, though.

firex

Since they're adding mounts other players can ride in... engineering should be allowed to make a mini-zeppelin. Or a flying machine where 2-3 other people can man the guns.

Bregor

firex said:
Since they're adding mounts other players can ride in... engineering should be allowed to make a mini-zeppelin. Or a flying machine where 2-3 other people can man the guns.

Not sure they will make multi player flying mounts. The potential for abuse by dismounting in mid air and dumping your passenger would be very high.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
TheOneGuy said:
Well there might be better goggles that drop in dungeons, I dunno! My hunter had the goggles recipe bought from the trainer. I never actually replaced them because they looked awesome, but I know looking at the S2 arena gear, at least, with the set bonuses, the goggles ended up being not as good.

Well I am a MM hunter but you are right.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33666 (s3 gear helm)

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32474

Of course I do have some gems in it :) but look at this

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34356

J-Rzez said:
You talking about the upgrades? The plans drop in SWP. The plans are BoE, but, expect some outrageous asking prices for the more popular one's like the Quad-Blow goggles for Rogues.

yeah I heard they got up to 3kg

Twig

Banned
Oh, that's a nice upgrade! Still, though, the arena gear does have the advantage. Especially as the seasons go on.

Not a huge deal to me, though. I'm not even an arena junkie, I hate that shit. d:

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i know i'm late to the party on this stuff...
border said:
Bleh -- nevermind. The Achievements are kinda crap. It's either things that would happen completely on their own during normal play, or utter nonsense chores that take no skill but eat up a lot of time. Hopefully they will add in some legitimate achievements for stuff like Boss Kills.

*crappy achievements*
but those really are dumb. the best one is leveling up to 15 without dying, but there needs to be more interesting stuff.

like defeating an enemy higher than your level when your health is below 1%
defeating an enemy higher than your level when your mana is below 1%
defeating an enemy higher than your level only with melee attacks if you're a caster class i.e. warlock, mage, priest
defeating an enemy higher than your level only with your pet i.e. hunter, warlock
defeating an enemy higher than your level without using any special attacks i.e. warrior, rogue, druid (feral)
defeating an enemy higher than your level without healing (if you have the ability to heal)
defeating an enemy higher than your level only with your wand (if you can wield wands)
defeating an enemy higher than your level only with ranged attacks if you're a melee based class i.e. rogue, warrior (achieve by continually kiting and shooting with bow, xbow, thrown etc.)
killing 5 enemy players equal to or higher than your level consecutively without dying

so on and so on...

etiolate

Banned
I really have no faith in Blizzard fixing the Shaman issue. The same issues have existed for a long time with no change. Financially, the class represents too small a percentage of subscriptions to be worth fixing when Blizzard hasn't ever shown much class balancing ability to begin with.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Alex said:
* Feral Charge (Cat)) - 10 energy, 0.75 second cast, 8-25 yard range, 30 second cooldown. "Causes you to leap behind an enemy, dazing them for 3 sec."
0.75 cast? so i have to stand still to use it? what's the point in that for chasing down enemies?

but it will be fun to run after them, faerie fire, charge, mangle, shred, lock jaw; all while they're dazed and after the daze wears off have their movement & attack speed reduced by at least 20% because of infected wounds.

combine that with entangling roots/nature's grasp (which can be used indoors now) and berserk to counter any CC and it will be very hard to kite a feral druid.

what i find interesting is apparently the bear version of berserk is on a 2 minute CD, while the cat version is on a 5 minute CD. does that mean that the cat and bear variations of feral charge will be on separate CD's too?

and i'm so glad to see tiger's fury becoming a legitimate ability now. no energy cost, and with talents it actually restores up to 60 energy. 30 second CD seems a little long, but as long as it still doesn't cost a GCD i'll be happy

omen of clarity as a passive effect, meaning it's not dispellable, is AWESOME!

so many druid (feral) improvements. i'm really looking forward to returning to my druid when wrath hits.

if only i could transfer it to a PvP server :(

Alex

Large, unsorted list of Alpha update skills:

51970 On a Pale Horse Rank 2 You become as hard to stop as death itself. The duration of all Stun and Fear effects used against you is reduced by $s2%, and your mounted speed is increased by $s1%. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.
51960 Summon Frostwyrm Summons and dismisses a rideable frostwyrm mount. This is a very fast mount. This mount can only be summoned in Outland and Northrend.
51958 Teleport: Goldshire Teleports the caster to Goldshire. Can only be used while in Elwynn Forest.
51945 Earthliving Rank 1 Heals the target for $o1 over $d.
51911 Spell Deflection You have a chance equal to your Parry chance of taking less damage from a direct damage spell.
51885 Mental Dexterity Rank 3 Increases your Attack Power by $s1% of your Intellect.
51881 Elemental Shields Rank 3 Increases the damage done by your Lightning Shield orbs by $s1%, increases the amount of mana gained from your Mana Shield orbs by $s2% and increases the amount of healing done by your Earth Shield orbs by $s2%.
51877 Coldwind Blast A cold gust of wind inflicts $s1 Nature damage.
51878 Ice Slash Inflicts weapon damage plus $s1 Frost damage and reduces enemy movement speed by $s2% for $d.
51879 Corrode Flesh Corrodes the enemy flesh, then inflicts additional Nature damage every $t1 sec. for $d.
51880 Improved Fire Nova Totem Stuns the target for $d.
51873 Bloodworm Creates a Bloodworm to attack nearby targets. Caster receives health when the Bloodworm deals damage. Lasts $d.
51874 Explode Explode self, destroying the ghoul and causing $s1 shadow damage to all nearby enemies.
51875 Maul Adds $s1 damage to the next attack.
51876 Stormstrike Instantly attack with both weapons. In addition, the next 2 sources of Nature damage dealt to the target are increased by $s1%. Lasts $d.
51857 Frost Cleave Inflicts weapon damage plus $s1 to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to $x1 targets.
51851 Summon Vampiric Batling Right Click to summon and dismiss your vampiric batling.
51817 Typhoon You summon a violent Typhoon that does $s2 Nature damage when in contact with hostile targets, knocking them back 5 yards.
51819 Potent Jolt Increases the caster's attack speed by $s2% and the Physical damage it deals by $s1% for $d.
51776 Lightning Shield Surrounds the caster with $n balls of lightning that have $h% chance of striking melee or ranged attackers for $s1 damage. Each time the lightning shield strikes, a ball of lightning dissipates. Thus, the shield expires after $d. or after it has struck $n times.
51769 Emblazon Runeblade Forges the battle-worn sword into a runebladed sword. Must be used near a runeforge.
51763 Frost Reflection Raise your shield, reflecting Frost spells cast on you. Lasts $d.
51764 Shadow Reflection Raise your shield, reflecting Shadow spells cast on you. Lasts $d.
51766 Arcane Reflection Raise your shield, reflecting Arcane spells cast on you. Lasts $d.
51758 Fire Reflection Raise your shield, reflecting Fire spells cast on you. Lasts $d.
51755 Camouflage You Camouflage, causing you to blend in with your surroundings. Instantly removes all physical and spell debuffs, and you fade into an improved invisibility state. Camouflage will break after the you deal damage. Lasts $d.
51745 Vicious Strikes Rank 1 Increases the critical strike chance by $s2% and critical strike damage by $s1% of your Plague Strike, Death Strike and Degeneration.
51746 Vicious Strikes Rank 2 Increases the critical strike chance by $s2% and critical strike damage by $s1% of your Plague Strike, Death Strike and Degeneration.
51747 Vicious Strikes Rank 3 Increases the critical strike chance by $s2% and critical strike damage by $s1% of your Plague Strike, Death Strike and Degeneration.
51742 Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes ${$RAP*0.15+$m2} Arcane damage and dispels $s1 Magic effect.
51734 Ebon Plague Your Crypt Fever morphs into Ebon Plague, which increases vulnerability to magic by $s1% in addition to reducing attributes by $s2%. Ebon Plague lasts for $d and can stack up to 3 times.
51735 Ebon Plague Your Crypt Fever morphs into Ebon Plague, which increases vulnerability to magic by $s1% in addition to reducing attributes by $s2%. Ebon Plague lasts for $d and can stack up to 3 times.
51730 Earthliving Weapon Rank 1 Imbue the Shaman's weapon with earthen life. Increases healing done by $51940$s2 and each heal has a 20% chance to proc Earthliving on the target, healing an additional $51940s1 over $51940d. Lasts 30 minutes.
51726 Ebon Plague Your Crypt Fever morphs into Ebon Plague, which increases vulnerability to magic by $s1% in addition to reducing attributes by $s2%. Ebon Plague lasts for $d and can stack up to 3 times.
51722 Dismantle Disarm the enemy, removing all weapons, shield or other equipment carried for $d.
51723 Fan of Knives Instantly throw both weapons at all targets within $a1 yards, causing $s1% weapon damage.
51724 Sap Rank 4 Incapacitates the target for up to $d. Must be stealthed. Only works on Humanoids, Beasts, Demons and Dragonkin that are not in combat. Any damage caused will revive the target. Only 1 target may be sapped at a time.
51716 Summon Nether Ray Fry Right Click to summon and dismiss your nether ray fry.
51703 Wrongfully Accused Rank 1 Whenever an attack is made against you, if the target is not your current target or has not already been attacking you they cause $51705s1% less damage for $51705d.
51705 Wrongfully Accused Rank 1
51706 Wrongfully Accused Rank 2 Whenever an attack is made against you, if the target is not your current target or has not already been attacking you they cause $51707s1% less damage for $51707d.
51707 Wrongfully Accused Rank 2
51708 Slaughter from the Shadows Rank 1 Reduces the energy cost of your Backstab and Ambush abilities by $s1.
51709 Slaughter from the Shadows Rank 2 Reduces the energy cost of your Backstab and Ambush abilities by $s1.
51710 Slaughter from the Shadows Rank 3 Reduces the energy cost of your Backstab and Ambush abilities by $s1.
51711 Slaughter from the Shadows Rank 4 Reduces the energy cost of your Backstab and Ambush abilities by $s1.
51712 Slaughter from the Shadows Rank 5 Reduces the energy cost of your Backstab and Ambush abilities by $s1.
51713 Shadow Dance Instantly enter stealth and begin the Shadow Dance. For $d you will reenter stealth every $t2 secs.
51714 Frozen Rune Weapon Imbue your rune weapon with frost, causing additional Frost damage, based on the speed of the weapon. Also has a chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to Frost damage. Lasts 10 minutes.
51698 Honor Among Thieves Rank 1 When anyone in your group critically hits with a damage or healing spell or ability you have a $h% chance to gain a combo point on your current target.
51699 Honor Among Thieves
51700 Honor Among Thieves Rank 2 When anyone in your group critically hits with a damage or healing spell or ability you have a $h% chance to gain a combo point on your current target.
51701 Honor Among Thieves Rank 3 When anyone in your group critically hits with a damage or healing spell or ability you have a $h% chance to gain a combo point on your current target.
51696 Waylay Rank 2 Your Ambush critical hits have a $h% chance to reduce the target's melee and ranged attack speed by $51693s1%, movement speed by $51693s2% and prevent item use for $51693d.
51689 Prey on the Weak Rank 5 Your normal melee critical strike damage is increased by $s1% when the target has less health than you (as a percentage of total health).
51690 Murder Spree Step through the shadows from enemy to enemy within 10 yards, attacking an enemy every .5 secs with both weapons until 5 assaults are made. Can hit the same target multiple times.
51692 Waylay Rank 1 Your Ambush critical hits have a $h% chance to reduce the target's melee and ranged attack speed by $51693s1%, movement speed by $51693s2% and prevent item use for $51693d.
51684 Stay of Execution Rank 3 When you have less than 35% health, all damage taken is reduced by $s1% and you are treated as if you are at full health.
51678 Ram Rams any enemies in front of the siege engine, dealing $s1 Damage and knocking them back. Also deals $s3 siege damage to buildings.
51679 Throwing Specialization Rank 2 Increases the range of Throw and Deadly Throw by $s1 yards and gives your Deadly Throw a $h% chance to interrupt the target for $51680d.
51676 Wavering Will Increases the time between an enemy's attacks speed by $s1%, slows its casting speed by $s3%, and slows its movement by $s2%. Lasts $d.
51669 Cut to the Chase Rank 5 Your Eviscerate and Envenom critical strikes have a $h% chance to refresh your Slice and Dice duration to its 5 combo point maximum.
51663 Slap to the Face Delivers a face slap to all nearby players, stunning them. Targets affected by this ability can still communicate through the forums. Lasts until the next patch is released.
51640 Taunt Flag Targeting Place a flag on a enemy corpse in front of you.
51634 Focused Attacks Rank 1 Your melee critical strikes have a $h% chance to give you $s1 energy.
51633 Blood Spatter Rank 2 Increases the damage caused by your Garrote and Rupture abilities by $s1%.
51631 Devious Poisons Rank 2 Increases the damage caused by your Instant Poison and Deadly Poison by $s2%. In addition, when a target you've poisoned is healed or cured, there is a $h% chance the poison afflicts the healer.
51629 Turn the Tables Rank 3 You have a $h% chance of reflecting physical effects back on the attacker.
51625 Deadly Brew Rank 1 "When you apply Instant, Wounding or Mind-Numbing poison to a target, you have a $h% chance to apply a second poison:

Instant -> Deadly
Wounding -> Crippling
Mind-Numbing -> Crippling"
51622 Raging Shadows The unleashed shadows Inflict $s1 Shadow damage knocking back all nearby enemies.
51620 Lightning Shield Surrounds the caster with $n balls of lightning that have $h% chance of striking melee or ranged attackers for $s1 damage. Each time the lightning shield strikes, a ball of lightning dissipates. Thus, the shield expires after $d. or after it has struck $n times.
51621 Headless Horseman's Unruly Mount Summons and dismisses a rideable Headless Horseman's Mount.
51617 Headless Horseman's Flying Mount Summons and dismisses a rideable Headless Horseman's Mount.
51609 Arcane Lightning Strikes an enemy with a lightning bolt that arcs to another nearby enemy. The spell affects up to $x1 targets, inflicting greater Arcane damage to each successive target. Silences an enemy, preventing them from casting spells for $d.
51610 Counterspell Counters an enemy's spell, preventing the enemy from casting that spell again for $d. Generates a high amount of threat.
51586 Healing Wave Calls upon Nature magic to heal an ally.
51587 Lightning Bolt Blasts an enemy with lightning, inflicting Nature damage.
51588 Flame Shock Instantly burns an enemy, then inflicts additional Fire damage every $t2 sec. for $d.
51584 Ice Torrent You become envelopped in frost, inflicting $s1 Frost damage and increases your chance to be critically hit by $s2% for $d sec.
51578 Crypt Fever Rank 5 Your diseases also cause Crypt Fever, which reduces an enemy's attributes by $s1%. Crypt Fever lasts for $d and can stack up to 3 times.
51567 Spirit Link Rank 1 You link the friendly target with two nearby targets, causing 50% of the damage taken to be distributed to the linked targets. After 2200 damage, the link will sever.
51564 Tidal Waves Rank 3 Increases the critical effect chance of your Lesser Healing Wave and Healing Wave spells by $s1%, and your Healing Wave and Lesser Healing Wave spells gain an additional $s2% of your bonus healing effects.
51558 Ancestral Awakening Rank 3 When you critically heal with your Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave, you summon an Ancestral spirit to aid you, instantly healing the lowest health friendly target within 40 yards for $s1% of the amount healed.
51560 Improved Earth Shield Rank 1 Increases the amount of charges for your Earth Shield by $s1, and increasing the healing done by your Earth Shield by $s2%.
51555 Blessing of the Eternals Rank 2 Increases the critical effect chance of your spells by $s1%, and increases the bonus healing from your Earthliving weapon by $s2%.
51533 Feral Spirit Summons $s1 Spirit Wolves under the command of the Shaman, lasting $d.
51532 Weapon Specialization Rank 5 "Axe - Increases the critical strike damage bonus by $s1%.

Mace - Has a $s2% chance to increase your melee haste by 10% for 15 sec.

Fist - Attacks from your fist weapons have a $s3% chance to reduce the armor of your target by 20% for 6 sec."
51527 Static Shock Rank 3 You have a $s1% chance to hit your target with a Lightning Shield Orb charge when you do damage, and increases your spell damage by $s2% when you have Lightning Shield active.
51528 Weapon Specialization Rank 1 "Axe - Increases the critical strike damage bonus by $s1%.

Mace - Has a $s2% chance to increase your melee haste by 10% for 15 sec.

Fist - Attacks from your fist weapons have a $s3% chance to reduce the armor of your target by 20% for 6 sec."
51522 Improved Stormstrike Rank 2 Increases the amount of Stormstrike charges by $s2, and reduces the cooldown by $s1 sec.
51523 Improved Shamanistic Rage Rank 1 While under the effect of Shamanistic Rage, you have a $s1% chance also cause you to be immune to all stun, snare and movement impairing effects.
51496 Burning Gleam Reduces an enemy's stats by $s2% for $d.
51498 Burn A Blaze Burns benetih you which inflicts $s1 Fire damage every 2 sec for $d sec.
51499 Disgruntled Anger Increases the target's attack speed by $s2% and the Physical damage it deals by $s1 for $d.
51500 Burning Blaze Inflicts $s1 Fire damage and summons and Burning Blaze beneith the targets feet.
51490 Thunder Rank 1 You call down a bolt of lightning, energizing you and damaging nearby enemies within $a1 yards. Restores $s2% mana to you and deals $s1 Nature damage to all nearby enemies, knocking them back $s3 yards.
51488 Storm, Earth and Fire Rank 5 Your Frost Shock has a $s1% chance to root the target in frozen ice for 2 sec., your Earth Shock's range is increased by $s2 yards and the periodic damage done by your Flame Shock is increased by $s3%.
51489 Skin of Earth Thorns sprout from the friendly target causing $s1 Nature damage to attackers when hit. Lasts $d.
51484 Iron Might Increases the caster's damage it deals by $s1% for $d.
51482 Lava Flow Rank 3 Increases the amount of spell damage gained while having Flametongue Weapon equipped by $s1%, and increases the damage done by your Flame Shock and Lava Burst by $s2%.
51478 Astral Shift Rank 2 When you are critically hit twice in a row, you have a $s1% chance to shift into the Astra Plane, causing you to be immune to all physical damage for 3 sec. This effect has a 30 second cooldown.
51475 Summon Air Elemental Summons an Air Elemental to accompany the caster until dismissed.
51473 Annihilation Rank 3 Increases the critical strike chance of your melee special abilities by $s2%. In addition, there is a $s1% chance that your Obliterate will do its damage without consuming a disease.
51470 Elemental Oath Rank 2 Increases your chance to hit with all spells by $s1% while Elemental Mastery or Elemental Focus is active.
51468 Annihilation Rank 1 Increases the critical strike chance of your melee special abilities by $s2%. In addition, there is a $s1% chance that your Obliterate will do its damage without consuming a disease.
51465 Necrosis Rank 5 Your normal melee swings have a $h% chance to deal an additional $51460s1% Shadow damage.
51453 Create PvP Taunt
51419 Frost Strike Rank 5 A strong attack that deals weapon damage plus $s1 as Frost damage. Has a $s3% chance to freeze the target.
51424 Obliterate Rank 3 A brutal instant attack that deals $s2% of weapon damage plus ${$m1*$m2/100} and ${$m2*$m3/100} additional damage for each of your diseases on the target, but consumes the diseases.
51340 Curse of Impotence Reduces damage done by $s1% for $d.
51320 Riding Crop (Test Version) Permanently enchant a mount to increase its mounted speed by $s1%. You may only enchant mounts in your own inventory, and enchanting your mount will cause it to become soulbound. Single use.
51291 Soulthirst Instantly attack the target causing $s1% of normal weapon damage. In addition, the next $51291n successful melee attacks will deal $51292s1 damage This effect lasts $51291d.

A Swift Zhevra TO: $n$B$BFROM: Nesingwary Exotic Mount Supply Co. LLC$B$BCONTENTS OF CRATE:$B$B- One (1) Zhevra$B$B- One (1) Zhevra Saddle$B$B- Four (4) Zhevra Hooves$B$B- Two (2) Spare Zhevra Hooves$B$B- DO NOT OBSTRUCT AIR HOLES -

Also, Lake Wintergrasp, the PvP specific zone was pieced together from minimap data:

wintergrasp.jpg

mace spec improving haste? was that suggested elsewhere? perhaps it's just a mace item tooltip...

they were reworking axe spec to improve it though... but changing mace spec seems odd -- it's too iconic to change it rather than just further nerf it (if they still have an issue with it). I've been sword spec since beta but I'd hate for mace to lose that characteristic.

likely just item or ability related rather than talent

firex

That axe/mace/fist weapon spec sounds shaman-only actually.

edit: Looking at the list, feral spirit fuck yeah, weapon buffs fuck yeah (including one for healing, very nice), weapon spec talent fuck yeah. Unsure about the elemental talents and new spells. Lava burst? Are they basically returning the way old-school shaman spell, Molten Blast?

firex

More info on patch changes from the wotlk alpha leak wiki:
Hit Rating, Critical Strike Rating, and Haste Rating now modify both melee attacks and spells.
Spellpower: All items and effects which grant bonuses to spell damage and spell healing are being consolidated into a single stat, Spellpower. This stat will appear with the same values found on items which grant “increased spell damage and healing” such as on typical Mage and Warlock itemization. For classes which do not heal, they should see no change in the character sheet other than new tooltip wording. Healing characters will see their bonus healing numbers on the character sheet decrease, however, all healing spells have been modified to receive more benefit from spellpower than they received from bonus healing, with a net effect of no change to the amount healed by their spells. Some talents have had to be rebalanced to accommodate this change, but the amount healed will remain roughly the same. In addition, some talents will provide only healing spell power.
The Shaman Elemental tree is now available for testing.

So, the only implemented talents for shamans right now are elemental. Everything else is datamined.

Alex

They really want to consolidate as much gear as possible. If they wanted to take it further, they could have armor come as glyphs to put onto a generic piece of armor so armor types arent as annoying. It can be a bitch to gear up a non-cloth healer in non-cloth.

Xiaoki

Blizzard heard the cries from the frustrated Shamans and went OVERBOARD.

Axe Enh Shamans will be gods of PvP. Being immune to all crowd control and having more pets is just wrong.
Ele Shamans will be demigods. The 51 talent is stupid good.
Resto didnt get quite the upgrade that the others did(didn't need a big upgrade anyway) but an omni dispell is nice.

All 3 Rogue trees are so ridiculous that I won't comment on them. 100% chance of being nerfed.

gondwana

Xiaoki said:
Blizzard heard the cries from the frustrated Shamans and went OVERBOARD.

Axe Enh Shamans will be gods of PvP. Being immune to all crowd control and having more pets is just wrong.
Ele Shamans will be demigods. The 51 talent is stupid good.
Resto didnt get quite the upgrade that the others did(didn't need a big upgrade anyway) but an omni dispell is nice.

All 3 Rogue trees are so ridiculous that I won't comment on them. 100% chance of being nerfed.

I just checked out the Shaman trees, ridiculous shit all around. I know none of this is in stone, but it seems like every class other than Mages have gotten their "dream talents" so far.

lexi

Banned
paaronormal said:
I just checked out the Shaman trees, ridiculous shit all around. I know none of this is in stone, but it seems like every class other than Mages have gotten their "dream talents" so far.

I've seen a lot of the datamined stuff, and Mages are laughably left behind. What's the deal?

laserbeam

Banned
lockii said:
I've seen a lot of the datamined stuff, and Mages are laughably left behind. What's the deal?

really dont know whats the deal with Mages in Blizzards future vision. Mages were intended to be the caster Nuke and it just hasnt been that way in ages. Warlocks can get their 10k crit shadowbolts etc and Mages are lucky with their 5k crits.

Mages are basically a vending machine these days and thats from a 70 lock in Black Temple

Xiaoki

Also, some very welcome buffs to Deathknight talents.

All trees are so much better now. The 2 new talents early in Unholy really help it.
However, Rune Tap and Mark of Blood are so good now I fully expect them to nerfed several times, especially Mark of Blood.

All the Improved Presence talents got nerfed. Boo hoo.

gondwana

lockii said:

For PVE, it started back in pre-TBC when Kalgan had the gall to say "Mage damage will be jaw dropping!" in reply to some theorycraft somebody posted that clearly showed otherwise. Since then, Mage DPS has wavered between mediocre to bottom-of-the-charts... On the PVP side, It took them months to deal with the Mana issues and consolidate the Frost tree. By then, World of WarriorDruidWarlockDiscPriestcraft was in full swing and the problems of a DD caster in Arena became more evident (and so far unaddressed).

And the story continues onto Wotlk...

firex

:bow shaman talents, especially enhance and resto. Man, being an orc shaman has never been sweeter... 5 free expertise and 25% more damage on crit strikes! Now if only that can apply to WF too. oh, and Feral spirit, aka my absolute favorite far seer spell.

I fucking love the cleanse that's at 31 resto too. That's EXACTLY what shamans have needed for a long time. It sounds like they also get a baseline HoT (as in, not a talent) which is the other thing they really could've used as healers. And then the elemental shields talent at t1 enhance... that + ancestral knowledge makes it easy to dump 6 into enhance as resto. Ancestral awakening is fucking cool, too. It'll actually be useful in pvp/5 man setups where chain heal isn't worth using.

Now I just want info on Earthliving weapon and the HoT mentioned in all the datamined stuff.

Alex

It's early Alpha, don't expect full polish to things yet, several classes are still getting talents. Also, I really hate the Mage victim attitude they've seemingly become known for, I always said the class needed buffs to mana issues, but they were middle of the road for the entire expansion, nowhere near poorly off, just because you're not as good as the FOTM's.

That said, I do agree with early Mage work being underwhelming, but I'm certainly not really digging too much of the Resto Shaman changes either. Priest fucking cleaned up in every spec, and that's annoying.... even if I am one... coz I kinda wanna play my Shaman as Resto instead.

laserbeam

Banned
Alex said:
It's early Alpha, don't expect full polish to things yet, several classes are still getting talents. Also, I really hate the Mage victim attitude they've seemingly become known for, I always said the class needed buffs to mana issues, but they were middle of the road for the entire expansion, nowhere near poorly off, just because you're not as good as the FOTM's.

That said, I do agree with early Mage work being underwhelming, but I'm certainly not really digging too much of the Resto Shaman changes either. Priest fucking cleaned up in every spec, and that's annoying.... even if I am one... coz I kinda wanna play my Shaman as Resto instead.

The Mage victim attitude came from the fact Mages are mostly worthless in PVE. Any End game guild worth a damn will not run more then 1 mage end game these days. Mages are a drain on DPS and are little more than vending machines.

Mages were intended to be the Caster Nuke. They are not even near that and Proper Spec'd warlocks make a mage look like shit.

Alex

firex said:
:bow shaman talents, especially enhance and resto. Man, being an orc shaman has never been sweeter... 5 free expertise and 25% more damage on crit strikes! Now if only that can apply to WF too. oh, and Feral spirit, aka my absolute favorite far seer spell.

I fucking love the cleanse that's at 31 resto too. That's EXACTLY what shamans have needed for a long time. It sounds like they also get a baseline HoT (as in, not a talent) which is the other thing they really could've used as healers. And then the elemental shields talent at t1 enhance... that + ancestral knowledge makes it easy to dump 6 into enhance as resto. Ancestral awakening is fucking cool, too. It'll actually be useful in pvp/5 man setups where chain heal isn't worth using.

Now I just want info on Earthliving weapon and the HoT mentioned in all the datamined stuff.

You like the Resto changes? really? Maybe I missed something, the 51 pointer especially pisses me off, MORE CHAIN HEAL???! How absolutely boring.

Some of the other stuff is solid though, a cleanse, especially one that removes fucking Curses, is appreciated. Goddamn motherfucking Curse of Tounges. Also, A. Awakening is neat

Earthliving Weapon goes on your weapon, it gives you +healing and has a 20% chance to proc a HoT on whoever you heal. I'm hoping with the absence of weapon buffs from prior updates, and this, that they'll make the non-Windfury buffs not suck as well. Perhaps a spell damage one, a PvP melee one, etc. I'd love to see chunks of the useless Shaman and Paladin skills get removed or redone.

Also, there's a new nuke, Lava Burst Rank 1 You hurl molten lava at the target, dealing $s1 Fire damage. If Flame Shock is on the target, Lava Burst will consume the Flame Shock, causing Lava Burst to critically hit.

laserbeam said:
The Mage victim attitude came from the fact Mages are mostly worthless in PVE. Any End game guild worth a damn will not run more then 1 mage end game these days. Mages are a drain on DPS and are little more than vending machines.

Mages were intended to be the Caster Nuke. They are not even near that and Proper Spec'd warlocks make a mage look like shit.

I can't speak for Sunwell, I quit right before that came, but Mages were absolutely fine in T5 and T6 dungeons. I'll stick up for mana issues and I'll stick up for the fact that Seed of Corruption was a bullshit skill to give to Warlock and basically ruined the AoE dominance, but prior to Sunwell at least; middle of the road at worst.

Alex

Under the current set, I really think Mana is the only thing that really needs to be addressed for PvP. That's basically the big bulk of Mage PvP issues, IMO. I can't speak for raiding after BT and 2.4 in general.

They really cleaned up the bottom of the Enhancement tree for Shaman... Although it says Mana Shield, not Water Shield? I hope they didn't change the name or the aesthetics. I liked it how it was. Also even though they reduced the points, I wish they would take fuckin' shield spec out of there :lol

I genuinely have no idea what I wanna play in LK anymore. This sucks.

"Lavaflow" talent in Elem pretty much assures Flametounge will give spell dmg. Cool shit.

Xiaoki

Alex said:
You like the Resto changes? really? Maybe I missed something, the 51 pointer especially pisses me off, MORE CHAIN HEAL???! How absolutely boring.
Really, thats what you got from it?! You need to think more outside the box.

Spirit Link says it shares damage with a friendly target to 2 nearby targets. Which means that it will link to a boss. So, not only would you mitigate 2200 damage to the tank but also do 2200 damage to the boss.

Combine that with all the buffs to the Healing Waves and Resto Shamans now have a reason to cast something other than Chain Heal.

lockii said:

Well, in TBC it was any Shaman not spec'd Resto! It was retribution for their godlike power in Azeroth!

In WOTLK, it's Mages! Retribution for... ugh... :lol

Not suprisingly I chose Mage as my initial class at the launch of the game. I apologize. Every initial class I've ever chosen in any MMO I've ever played has gotten the absolute shit end of the stick (if you were planning on playing a Marauder in Warhammer, BAIL THE FUCK OUT).

I just hope they buff Ret Pallys a little more. All I want is some CC to get into more fucking groups. Have it be a pve only ability or some shit, every dps class should have one.

As far as PvP goes, give me something that can actually make a healer worry that I might be able to kill him and i'm GOLDEN

lexi

Banned
My Arms Your Hearse said:
Well, in TBC it was any Shaman not spec'd Resto! It was retribution for their godlike power in Azeroth!

In WOTLK, it's Mages! Retribution for... ugh... :lol

Not suprisingly I chose Mage as my initial class at the launch of the game. I apologize. Every initial class I've ever chosen in any MMO I've ever played has gotten the absolute shit end of the stick (if you were planning on playing a Marauder in Warhammer, BAIL THE FUCK OUT).

People like to repeat the mantra that shamans are shit. They're not, at least not in PvE. They are the undisputed fucking king of healers. You will commonly see top guilds take maybe 5 or more to raids. How many resto druids or holy priests or holy paladins in a raid? Maybe 2 or 1.

Compare that to mages, a DPS class. Who do less DPS then warlocks and hunters, but don't have a fucking pet! Jesus fucking Christ, I better see mages rule the roost in WotLK.

The obvious solution to mages is to make Food Portal an hour cooldown, give out one stack of food, and the food disappears when mage leaves party.

Compare that to mages, a DPS class. Who do less DPS then warlocks and hunters, but don't have a fucking pet! Jesus fucking Christ, I better see mages rule the roost in WotLK.
It's funny, Locks are better because they sacrifice their pet and hunters are better because they rely on em. Well also because ISB, Pet Party Thingie, and EW have great raid synergies. Whereas mages have what, imp scorch? It'll be interesting to see how things land. Locks are being forced to either go fire or be felgaurd bitches. There needs to be some sort of synergy for fire mages/locks besides Imp Scorch, the way ISB and Shadow Weaving play off each other. Without that, I don't think much will change. Well, locks won't like dragging those ugly ass things around so they might just go fire for the hell of it.

Also it looks very strongly that Bosses are going to be Freezable, meaning Frost should be great.

lexi

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Also it looks very strongly that Bosses are going to be Freezable, meaning Frost should be great.

They won't be freezable, but there's a debuff that makes them 'count' as frozen, that gets randomly applied with 15% ish chance or something. That could work well.

Top Bottom