• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrath of the Lich King: Alpha leak compendium; title music suite, abilities, pictures

Xiaoki

border said:
Warriors have shared their tanking role with Druids and Paladins for nearly 18 months now. All the tank-capable classes have specific utility that is unique, though. Death Knight will be much the same.
For raid bosses Warriors are still far and away the preferred choice of tank. I've talked to Paladins and Druids that have tanked everything up to and including Illidan and even they say they are not as good as Warriors.
Death Knight tanks will start off as the "heavy magic boss tank", time will tell if they move out of that niche though.

Melee DPS is another story all together however.

Ariexv

etiolate said:
You sound like someone who needs to roll another class to get a reality check on how nice Hunters have it. I get tired of Hunters who expect to beat everything and be #1 at everything.

And Shamans are not balanced PvP wise. I use to think they were great at PvP until I rolled one and realized how much the lack of cc and anti-cc totally gimps the class. As their burst damage has been scaled down, They become less and less viable at PvP. Resto is the only viable Arena spec, the other two are fun once you aren't being paid attention to. Unfortunately you are easily countered by any snare or cc as Enhance and anything ihitting you as Elemental.

And don't compare Arena to Pvp. Arena is broken and laughable.
Arena IS Pvp in Wow, world Pvp and BGs are laughable, especially since they're all pugs now. If there was competitive BGs still going on you -might- have a point but even a Pre-formed WSG team that was smart would only roll with 1 hunter MAYBE 2.

Also I've played almost every class in Wow. These are just the accounts Right now that I have access to and play. I've also played Hunter, Enhance shaman, Resto Shaman, and a of course hunter.
Druid
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Cigar
Warrior
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dreadmaul&n=Aranka
Rogue
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Bigblunt
Priest
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Tordaen
Paladin
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hyjal&n=Noxie
Mage
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner'zhul&n=Febreze

Cipherr

Listening to people who played a hunter to 40 and marveled at having their pet tank for them making leveling easier comment on end game hunter mechanics is painful. So is watching people talk about what their guilds hunters did with the one and only Legendary bow of awesome.

Well thats just fine and easily applicable to the other 99% of the playerbase that wont ever see that thing. Same crap happened when dual glaive rogues started owning in PvE. Everyone acting like because .000000001% of rogues in the game have that weapon combo, that ALL rogues are insane dps monsters of epic proportions.

J-Rzez

Ariexv said:
holy shit thats the best laugh i've had in a LONG LONG time, Did you seriously just suggest a buff to Warriors/locks/rogues? I'm starting to think you're trolling more then being serious.....

In the order of pvp Warrior/Druid/Rogue is at the very top with locks following close behind.... then most the other classes.

I am DEAD serious about nerfing Hunters. Right now, Druids then Hunters are the most OP classes in the game. IF Blizzard isn't about to nerf hunters and druids, then they must buff every other class to get on the same level.

I'm not the only one in here saying Hunters need a nerf BTW. People stopped complaining about Druids because they gave them a little nerf, and refuse to admit there's a massive issue with them. People stopped complaining about Wars because they got no action against them. People stopped complaining about hunters because they're Blizzards pet. So, now attention is on Rogues. Though they do what they're supposed to: Mobile, fast burst DPS, ways to get out of the heat, and die fast when caught.

lexi

Banned
J-Rzez said:
I am DEAD serious about nerfing Hunters. Right now, Druids then Hunters are the most OP classes in the game. IF Blizzard isn't about to nerf hunters and druids, then they must buff every other class to get on the same level.

I'm not the only one in here saying Hunters need a nerf BTW. People stopped complaining about Druids because they gave them a little nerf, and refuse to admit there's a massive issue with them. People stopped complaining about Wars because they got no action against them. People stopped complaining about hunters because they're Blizzards pet. So, now attention is on Rogues. Though they do what they're supposed to: Mobile, fast burst DPS, ways to get out of the heat, and die fast when caught.

Druids? You're shitting me right? Unless you mean Resto druids, if that's the case, be fucking specific. Feral is laughably underpowered and Balance is gimped in PvE.

Hunters are mostly fine, they certainly don't need nerfs.

Ariexv

J-Rzez said:

Wow now I know you're trolling hunters= blizzards pet?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Ariexv said:
Several other classes have dispels as well.... hunters is the only one on a CD.
arcane shot was already on a cooldown before the dispel effect was added. the point is they didn't NEED a dispel to begin with.

J-Rzez

Ariexv said:
Wow now I know you're trolling hunters= blizzards pet?

Hey man, we all wish one of our favorite classes were the end all be all. They're insane in BG's, and can do the most DPS in raids now apparently, so why not make them unstoppable in arena... or, I mean, make them more unstoppable. :lol

Feral does more than enough damage for a class that's meant to tank/dps/run away/heal. They deserve to not be the best at anything when they're multi-usage like that. Hell, I've witnessed resto druids take down good wars and rogues. Healers shouldn't be able to win 1 on 1, with a full hp start. Blizzard needs to learn that support classes and healing classes should be just that, and nothing more. You want to be the best healer? Priest it up like it should be. DPS? Roll a War, Rogue, Lock, Mage.

J-Rzez said:
Feral does more than enough damage for a class that's meant to tank/dps/run away/heal. They deserve to not be the best at anything when they're multi-usage like that. Hell, I've witnessed resto druids take down good wars and rogues. Healers shouldn't be able to win 1 on 1, with a full hp start. Blizzard needs to learn that support classes and healing classes should be just that, and nothing more. You want to be the best healer? Priest it up like it should be. DPS? Roll a War, Rogue, Lock, Mage.
You have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Sure, lets make healers completely useless for pvp! Their spec already sucks for farming and questing, lets make it so they can only have fun in raids! Those "good" warriors and rogues to which you refer were taken down by an even better druid. And they didn't win it with DPS, they won it with survivability.

You are complaining that classes are deep and have multiple uses and are not just guild-slaves. Go play a heal-spec'd class and then tell me what you think.

PS I hope your comment about hunters being *more* unstoppable isnt referencing their worth in arena for the first year and a half (you know, when they were garbage)

lexi

Banned
J-Rzez said:

Where to begin? You think healers shouldn't be able to win 1 on 1 ever? WTF? Feral does more then enough damage? Debatable in PvE, absolutely not in PvP. Support/Healing classes nothing more? Yeah, good luck with World of DPScraft there, who the fuck would want to play a healer in your aryan nirvana.

etiolate

Banned
Ariexv said:
Arena IS Pvp in Wow, world Pvp and BGs are laughable, especially since they're all pugs now. If there was competitive BGs still going on you -might- have a point but even a Pre-formed WSG team that was smart would only roll with 1 hunter MAYBE 2.

Also I've played almost every class in Wow. These are just the accounts Right now that I have access to and play. I've also played Hunter, Enhance shaman, Resto Shaman, and a of course hunter.
Druid
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Cigar
Warrior
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dreadmaul&n=Aranka
Rogue
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Bigblunt
Priest
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Tordaen
Paladin
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hyjal&n=Noxie
Mage
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner'zhul&n=Febreze

So you've played a lot of classes and learned nothing? I can't see what levels those are because armory has been bork lately, but anyone who has played enough of a druid knows they are far off from having the life of a Hunter. Same with a Shaman.

Look, all WoW players here: There is ONE viable druid spec, which is resto and remixes thereof. It is mostly only viable in small scale arena. If you have played resto you know how to kill resto. I fuck resto druids over on my lock and shaman all the time. Resto Druids are weak vs burst damage and why they exist highly in 2s is because one class can't normally burst down another outside of maybe Shamans and a Mage. And one hybrid spec is equal to an entirely separate class almost. It's not the same as one viable hunter spec, because you are basically doing the same thing on any huntero/rogue/dps spec.

And dear god, play a game with real PvP. Arena is broken. World PvP(fading away) and BGs are on large enough scales to hide the class imbalance, while Arena magnifies the class imbalance and magnifiesthe gameplay short comings. Ring around the pillar isn't PvP and I say that as a resto druid that does it all the time. Arena lacks dynamics, lacks good maps and lacks balance. It is just various forms of exploitation.

Hero

Resto druids are overpowered. I would much rather have feral and balance be more viable and lessen resto for pvp. The fact that it takes two, and maybe three people to kill a resto druid is just ridiculous. Such high mobility combined with some of the best CC overcomes most of the shortcomings of their healing.

firex

personally, I started leveling a druid alt because they have the #1 advantage any class wants in pvp: mobility. so many instants, HoTs, lolifebloom, and the ability to escape snares/roots makes it impossible to keep one controlled unless 4+ people are focus firing it and it has no backup.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hero said:
Resto druids are overpowered. I would much rather have feral and balance be more viable and lessen resto for pvp. The fact that it takes two, and maybe three people to kill a resto druid is just ridiculous. Such high mobility combined with some of the best CC overcomes most of the shortcomings of their healing.
My healing has shortcomings?

???

Ariexv

etiolate said:
So you've played a lot of classes and learned nothing? I can't see what levels those are because armory has been bork lately, but anyone who has played enough of a druid knows they are far off from having the life of a Hunter. Same with a Shaman.

Look, all WoW players here: There is ONE viable druid spec, which is resto and remixes thereof. It is mostly only viable in small scale arena. If you have played resto you know how to kill resto. I fuck resto druids over on my lock and shaman all the time. Resto Druids are weak vs burst damage and why they exist highly in 2s is because one class can't normally burst down another outside of maybe Shamans and a Mage. And one hybrid spec is equal to an entirely separate class almost. It's not the same as one viable hunter spec, because you are basically doing the same thing on any huntero/rogue/dps spec.

And dear god, play a game with real PvP. Arena is broken. World PvP(fading away) and BGs are on large enough scales to hide the class imbalance, while Arena magnifies the class imbalance and magnifiesthe gameplay short comings. Ring around the pillar isn't PvP and I say that as a resto druid that does it all the time. Arena lacks dynamics, lacks good maps and lacks balance. It is just various forms of exploitation.
They're all 70s, a couple of them with S3 shoulders. Also you've obviously only killed terrible resto druids since my brothers resto druid can pretty much destroy every class but the absolute best of rogues and locks.... I seriously doubt any competent warrior/druid/rogue would even for a second want to change places with hunters. Also you can cry all you want about arenas but that is where balance matters.

J-Rzez said:
Hey man, we all wish one of our favorite classes were the end all be all. They're insane in BG's, and can do the most DPS in raids now apparently, so why not make them unstoppable in arena... or, I mean, make them more unstoppable. :lol

Battlegrounds matter about as much to balance as non-heroic 5mans. And ONE hunter is top DPS over the other classes, a hunter that has happened to already "beat the game" and has a LEGENDARY bow, every decent Legendary so far in the game has bumped the class it was made fors abilities massively, no rogue w/ Thunderfury ever lost in DPS, same w/ Warglaive rogues(until hunters got their legendary that is a tier higher). Arena is ALL that matters for Pvp balance because that is what pvp IS in Wow right now, even if you don't like it.

lexi

Banned
I’d agree that resto druids are a bit crazy atm, but certainly not worse then rogues. You want overpowered, look no further.

The problem with resto druids, what exactly do YOU propose to do to ‘balance’ them? Blizzard certainly has no idea. Any significant changes would significantly hurt the class in pve, which is what the game is built around.

Rogues on the other hand are much easier to balance. Removing combo point generation from cheap shot is a brilliant idea.

etiolate

Banned
Ariexv said:
They're all 70s, a couple of them with S3 shoulders. Also you've obviously only killed terrible resto druids since my brothers resto druid can pretty much destroy every class but the absolute best of rogues and locks.... I seriously doubt any competent warrior/druid/rogue would even for a second want to change places with hunters. Also you can cry all you want about arenas but that is where balance matters.

And there is no balance in Arena. Thus, it is a joke.

And no, not scrub Resto Druids. It is just how the class is designed. Pre-healing and healing on the move, but they have two anti-spikes that if are on cooldown, they are dead. You can chain fear one easily as well. A good enhance shaman will destroy a good resto druid. It is just how they are designed.

Ariexv

lockii said:
I’d agree that resto druids are a bit crazy atm, but certainly not worse then rogues. You want overpowered, look no further.

The problem with resto druids, what exactly do YOU propose to do to ‘balance’ them? Blizzard certainly has no idea. Any significant changes would significantly hurt the class in pve, which is what the game is built around.

Rogues on the other hand are much easier to balance. Removing combo point generation from cheap shot is a brilliant idea.
I seriously doubt there will be any major changes balance wise until Wrath comes out, which will most likely completely change the balance of alot of classes

Ramirez

Is there some issue keeping Blizzard from designing a set of PVE rules and PVP rules for the classes? It makes so much sense to do something like this, but I rarely see it brought up.

Haly

Ramirez said:
Is there some issue keeping Blizzard from designing a set of PVE rules and PVP rules for the classes? It makes so much sense to do something like this, but I rarely see it brought up.
One of the most attractive aspects of WoW is flat the learning curve is. Having two sets of rules will throw that all out of whack.

gondwana

Ramirez said:

That seems like the logical thing to do on paper, but different rulesets for PVE/PVP would totally undermine their casual player approach. I think thats how they answered that before. And really, would you want different spells/abilites/talent panes for everything? Seems like a clusterfuck to me.

Ramirez

paaronormal said:
That seems like the logical thing to do on paper, but different rulesets for PVE/PVP would totally undermine their casual player approach. I think thats how they answered that before. And really, would you want different spells/abilites/talent panes for everything? Seems like a clusterfuck to me.

If it made both sides of the game better? Hell yes.

Casual is just a nice term for dumbass I guess.

etiolate

Banned
What the game needs is PVE CCs removed from PvP and spell pushback removed at the same time. The things dominating the arena, the skills, weren't designed for PvP. CC is a dungeon based line of skills. CC is also for soloing for clothies to deal with multiple mobs, since they have lower armor. Spell pushback from regular hits is just plain stupid all around.

I gathered up a few friends, caster friends, and went around IQD meleeing Horde and KILLING THEM. We killed mages and sl locks just from pure spell pushback of four caster swinging their staffs. That is just retarded.

Also, respecs need to be free and armor sets exchangeable. What people pve as and pvp as is often different. Blizzard acts like they are serious about PvP, but haven't changed one of the biggest roadblocks to good PvP, the difficulty of respeccing.

In my opinion, broken pvp scares away casuals much faster than different rule sets.

Beq

Neo Member
Yeah, I played a mage for about 2 years, and the worst thing was the spell pushback... Nothing like sheeping, blinking, anything to get out of the way, to cast a 3s spell, only to be silenced or put on infinite pushback.

Melee at least have autoattack if nothing else. Like if I was fighting a group of 3 mobs, and frost nova and blink were on cooldown, no way could i get a spell off. Its just an archaic system that was thrown back to when mages could actually do burst damage. These days, high HP and high Resilence just own me hardcore in pvp.

Also, something that I have always wanted was a Solo/group specs. Something that you can switch between while not in combat. My tank got so mad that he was spending so much gold on respec costs alone. It just makes sense... You can't pvp in a pve spec, and you can't pve in a pvp spec. And switching between the two is costly, and time consuming.

lexi

Banned
Beq said:
Yeah, I played a mage for about 2 years, and the worst thing was the spell pushback... Nothing like sheeping, blinking, anything to get out of the way, to cast a 3s spell, only to be silenced or put on infinite pushback.

Melee at least have autoattack if nothing else. Like if I was fighting a group of 3 mobs, and frost nova and blink were on cooldown, no way could i get a spell off. Its just an archaic system that was thrown back to when mages could actually do burst damage. These days, high HP and high Resilence just own me hardcore in pvp.

Also, something that I have always wanted was a Solo/group specs. Something that you can switch between while not in combat. My tank got so mad that he was spending so much gold on respec costs alone. It just makes sense... You can't pvp in a pve spec, and you can't pve in a pvp spec. And switching between the two is costly, and time consuming.

This is what Blizzard wants. They want you to waste time farming for respec costs, there's little else in the game to spend money on anyway.

Kletian

Ariexv said:
To be fair 50 gold to respec is pretty negligible nowadays.

When you're 70 yeah.

Leveling as anything that has multiple specs (Priest and Warrior for example) is a pain in the ass. You can either A) Spec yourself so you can run, and be intivetd to for that matter, instances all day every day; which gimps you for any easy questing, or B) spec yourself so you can quest, and be laughed at when you try to get into a 5-man.

And Blizzard has done everything to make leveling to 70 easier but raise any gold gains in Vanilla WoW. If it werent for me funding both my priest and my mage with money from my Main they'd both still be past 40 with no land mount. 2-20 Silver per quest (if you're lucky) doesn't cut it anymore.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
paaronormal said:
well technically there already are different rulesets for PvP and PvE. In PvP CC abilities only last a maximum of 12 seconds, rather than their full PvE duration. There's also diminishing returns to consider.

firex

in an ideal world Blizzard really would have entirely separate pve/pvp rules, but considering even development-wise pvp was added in as an alternate/optional system after they had worked on pve, I'm not surprised it follows the same rules. not that I disagree, considering I play a class fucked over by CC too (resto shaman). it's just something I wouldn't get your hopes up about.

Twig

Banned
firex said:
in an ideal world Blizzard really would have entirely separate pve/pvp rules, but considering even development-wise pvp was added in as an alternate/optional system after they had worked on pve, I'm not surprised it follows the same rules. not that I disagree, considering I play a class fucked over by CC too (resto shaman). it's just something I wouldn't get your hopes up about.
Man, that would be awesome.

My suggestions are as follows!

1) Remove the giant red names over opposing faction members' heads.
2) Remove corpse-hopping. Force players to spawn at the graveyard.
3) Add incentives for World PvP. More honor. Maybe even honor for taking down a city's leader. Yeah, that's technically PvE, but it always LEADS to a lot of PvP (who doesn't want to defend their city?).
4) Remove arenas.

Okay so number 4 isn't really a solution. I just hate them with a passion.

firex

they actually already have honor for taking down a city leader, but it's basically worth about as much as losing an AV is.

Haly

TheOneGuy said:
Man, that would be awesome.

My suggestions are as follows!

1) Remove the giant red names over opposing faction members' heads.
2) Remove corpse-hopping. Force players to spawn at the graveyard.
3) Add incentives for World PvP. More honor. Maybe even honor for taking down a city's leader. Yeah, that's technically PvE, but it always LEADS to a lot of PvP (who doesn't want to defend their city?).
4) Remove arenas.

Okay so number 4 isn't really a solution. I just hate them with a passion.
Gnomes would be overpowered if 1) were to be implemented.

Twig

Banned
Oho, I was not aware. I've only done it like four or five times, and was always on a PvP high (massive PvP battles >>>>>>>>>>>> BGs/Arenas) so I didn't really pay attention.

But yeah, it has to be negligible, or it would happen more often. And World PvP is the last thing Blizzard wants.

Gnomes would be overpowered if 1) were to be implemented.
Meh. I could deal, and I play a tauren. (Granted, I play a tauren DRUID.)

Also an orc. With a pet. A pet that has no stealth ability.

Alex

I've always had 90g+ when I've hit 40, plus if you fell short, sell cloth or mine ore, the AH prices on stuff like that is inflated by level 70 lazies.

firex

respec costs aren't a serious issue for me, but I only came close to the 50g cap back before they had respecs going down in price every month you don't respec. with daily quests you can earn 150g or so just doing all the sunwell stuff. they do free/1 copper respecs in the beta realms (they did in WoW beta and TBC beta) so people can test out talent builds better, and also so they can grind through content as fast as they want.

Haly

TheOneGuy said:
Oho, I was not aware. I've only done it like four or five times, and was always on a PvP high (massive PvP battles >>>>>>>>>>>> BGs/Arenas) so I didn't really pay attention.

But yeah, it has to be negligible, or it would happen more often. And World PvP is the last thing Blizzard wants.

Meh. I could deal, and I play a tauren. (Granted, I play a tauren DRUID.)

Also an orc. With a pet. A pet that has no stealth ability.
Southshore and Tarren Mill...

Those were the days.

Hero

etiolate said:
What the game needs is PVE CCs removed from PvP and spell pushback removed at the same time. The things dominating the arena, the skills, weren't designed for PvP. CC is a dungeon based line of skills. CC is also for soloing for clothies to deal with multiple mobs, since they have lower armor. Spell pushback from regular hits is just plain stupid all around.

I gathered up a few friends, caster friends, and went around IQD meleeing Horde and KILLING THEM. We killed mages and sl locks just from pure spell pushback of four caster swinging their staffs. That is just retarded.

Also, respecs need to be free and armor sets exchangeable. What people pve as and pvp as is often different. Blizzard acts like they are serious about PvP, but haven't changed one of the biggest roadblocks to good PvP, the difficulty of respeccing.

In my opinion, broken pvp scares away casuals much faster than different rule sets.

Are you saying all CCs should be removed from PVP? If not, how do you distinguish a PVE CC from a PVP CC?

I don't understand either how bringing four people and killing clothies with melee is a big deal. You don't think it'd be dumb if pushback was removed from PVP and the only way melee could interrupt casters was once every 10 seconds? Casters are supposed to be ranged anyway. If you let a melee get on you then you're doing something wrong. And an SL/SL died to melee? How the hell does spell pushback matter in that scenario? It's all Dots, which are all instant. In which case, the dps on him must've sucked ass, and Soul Siphon would've been healing him for as much if not more than what caster staff dps was, his pet would've been on you, and even then all he had to do was run around in circles while his Dots ate you.

Ariexv

Kletian said:
When you're 70 yeah.

Leveling as anything that has multiple specs (Priest and Warrior for example) is a pain in the ass. You can either A) Spec yourself so you can run, and be intivetd to for that matter, instances all day every day; which gimps you for any easy questing, or B) spec yourself so you can quest, and be laughed at when you try to get into a 5-man.

And Blizzard has done everything to make leveling to 70 easier but raise any gold gains in Vanilla WoW. If it werent for me funding both my priest and my mage with money from my Main they'd both still be past 40 with no land mount. 2-20 Silver per quest (if you're lucky) doesn't cut it anymore.
What Pre-70 instance requires you to be tank or heal spec? Hell what non-heroic 5man at all requires a tank or heal spec? I've leveled several toons all as DPS specs until 70 and I could tank/heal every single instance easily with the non-optimal spec.

etiolate said:

Casters need something to stop their spells except for the couple spell interrupts.... if a caster could sit there and nuke you in your face it would be incredibly stupid.

Also I'm gonna have to call complete bullshit on your caster story, there's no way you killed anything in the game with your staff because of spell pushback first it diminishes so eventually a spell WOULD go off(not to mention half the casters have some type of shield to prevent spell interuption, and secondly purely instant cast spells would kill you LONG before your staves would kill anyone.

50gold is a negligible amount nowadays I seriously doubt that is keeping anyone but the laziest of people from respecing, and how can armor-sets be freely interchangeable when Pvp comes from Pvp and Pve comes from Pve?

Beq

Neo Member
Well, the other thing about caster dps are those douchebags that run in and out of you when you are almost done casting a spell, and end up finding all that time you spent wasted. I normally try to get enough range out, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. It wasn't too hard back in the old days, but currently, with everyone having +15% to run speed, its pretty tough to have enough room between me and melee.

Other thing about the gold problem, its not bad if you do gathering professions, but anything else you level so much faster now, that the gold you had before the levelling patch was so much more than afterwards.

Xiaoki

I was going to post a areply about WotLKs new achievement system but this thread has become solely about PvP.

By the way, I'll probably get the achievement for getting characters to level 80 for both factions in the first month.

Also, it damn well better be retroactive, because the 2000 quests completed achievement would be a bitch otherwise.

Twig

Banned
Xiaoki said:
I was going to post a areply about WotLKs new achievement system but this thread has become solely about PvP.

By the way, I'll probably get the achievement for getting characters to level 80 for both factions in the first month.

Also, it damn well better be retroactive, because the 2000 quests completed achievement would be a bitch otherwise.
Achievements? In WoW? The entire game is built on achievements. Rep grinding, days spent raiding, etc. Seems redundant. O:

Are there rewards, or what?

timmy

Xiaoki said:

Can you link?

border

I don't see the point in an Achievement system, other than to give people more nonsense to do.

What are the achievements, though? The screenshot links from old threads are broken.

border

Bleh -- nevermind. The Achievements are kinda crap. It's either things that would happen completely on their own during normal play, or utter nonsense chores that take no skill but eat up a lot of time. Hopefully they will add in some legitimate achievements for stuff like Boss Kills.

Race/Level Achievement [PH] Every race level guy. [PH]
Class/Level Achievement [PH] Every class level guy. [PH]
Level Each Faction to 80. [PH] Multi-Faction level guy. [PH]
Level Two Classes to 80. [PH] Mutli-Class level 80 guy. [PH]
Level to 15 without dying. [PH] Level without dying guy. [PH]
Level to 10. [PH] Level to 10. [PH]
Level to 20. [PH] Level to 20. [PH]
Level to 30. [PH] Level to 30. [PH]
Level to 40. [PH] Level to 40. [PH]
Level to 50. [PH] Level to 50. [PH]
Level to 60. [PH] Level to 60. [PH]
Level to 70. [PH] Level to 70. [PH]
Level to 80. [PH] Level to 80. [PH]
Level to 55. [PH] Deathknight unlocked! [PH]
Collect 10 flavor pets. [PH] Pet collector. [PH]
Max unarmed skill. [PH] Level unarmed to 400. [PH]
Max dagger skill. [PH] Level daggers to 400. [PH]
Max two-handed swords. [PH] Level two-handed swords to 400. [PH]
Max axes. [PH] Level axes to 400. [PH]
Max two-handed axes. [PH] Level two-handed axes to 400. [PH]
Max maces. [PH] Level maces to 400. [PH]
Max two-handed maces. [PH] Level two-handed maces to 400. [PH]
Max polearms. [PH] Level polearms to 400. [PH]
Max staves. [PH] Level staves to 400. [PH]
Max guns. [PH] Level guns to 400. [PH]
Max crossbows. [PH] Level crossbows to 400. [PH]
Max bows. [PH] Level bows to 400. [PH]
Max wands. [PH] Level wands to 400. [PH]
Max swords. [PH] Level swords to 400. [PH]
Get 4 weapon skills to 400. [PH] Get 4 weapon skills to 400. [PH].
Daily quest each day. [PH] Complete a daily quest every day for five days. [PH]
Super quest dude. [PH] Complete 2,000 quests. [PH]
Borean Tundra Quest. [PH] Complete 10 quests in Boren Tundra. [PH]
Howling Fjord Quest. [PH] Complete 10 quests in Howling Fjord. [PH]
Dragonblight Quest. [PH] Complete 10 quests in Dragonblight. [PH]
Zul'Drak Quest. [PH] Complete 10 quests in Zul'Drak. [PH]
Grizzly Hills Quest. [PH] Complete 10 quests in Grizzly Hills. [PH]
Storm Peaks Quest. [PH] Complete 10 quests in Storm Peaks. [PH]
Scholozar Basin Quest. [PH] Complete 10 quests in Scholozar Basin. [PH]
Icecrown Glacier Quest. [PH] Complete 10 quests in Icecrown Glacier. [PH]
Northrend Quest Dude. [PH] Complete every Northrend Zone Quest Achievement. [PH]
Azeroth Revealed! [PH] Reveal the entire Azeroth map. [PH]
Kalimdor Revealed! [PH] Reveal the entire Kalimdor map. [PH]
Outland Revealed! [PH] Reveal the entire Outland map. [PH]
Northrend Revealed! [PH] Reveal the entire Northrend map. [PH]
All areas Revealed! [PH] Reveal Azeroth, Kalimdor, Outland, and Northrend. [PH]

Xiaoki

TheOneGuy said:
Oh god those are dumb.

They aren't even creative. They're just "Oh hey more grinding!"
Those are the only the ones that have currently been implemented, there are more to come. Pretty sure a instance and raid tab will be added.
Also, I completely explored Azeroth and Kalimdor for the fun of it long ago. Might as well get something out of it.

Twig

Banned
Xiaoki said:
Those are the only the ones that have currently been implemented, there are more to come. Pretty sure a instance and raid tab will be added.
Also, I completely explored Azeroth and Kalimdor for the fun of it long ago. Might as well get something out of it.
They will be just as dumb!

Like I said already, WoW is a game BUILT on achievements. They just never had a formal name before. Now they're adding more senseless grinding. Only this time without a reward.

Xiaoki

TheOneGuy said:
Now they're adding more senseless grinding. Only this time without a reward.
You don't know that yet.
Also, pretty much everything on that list is stuff I would have done anyway.

There's really no sense to overreacting about something so trivial.

Twig

Banned
Xiaoki said:
You don't know that yet.
You're right.

But calling them "achievements" usually means they have no reward except bragging rights.

Also I'm not overreacting! Just stating facts! WoW is built on senseless grinding! You can't argue with me on that because you know it's true!

Top Bottom