• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrath of the Lich King: Alpha leak compendium; title music suite, abilities, pictures

Ariexv

Fularu said:
I don't think I have a facepalm big enough for this wall of crying.

Megatf is ranked first of his BG on his 2V2, 3V3 and 5V5 team, but somehow the class needs help?

Yet somehow, with all that, you need help? No seriously, learn to play.

Megatf, like prety much every big mouth in Vulgar, is a QQing idiot. He single handedly proved that a good hunter is unstoppable, but somehow, because of the lack of representation in high end brackets, your class seriously needs help?

As for the PVE argument, the best rogues in the world, with BOTH glaives, with every best in slot item, can pull 2.7k DPS with multiple lusts. A hunter without anything but your typical 8/8 T6 and Archimonde's bow can pull 2.8k. Are you still trying to talk abotu PVE balance when hunters :

- Give a group buff when specced BM
- Give a raid buff when specced Survival
- Increase tremendously the threat treshold with proper use of a missdirect rotation

No one cares about what you did in vanilla wow or that you got carried in PVP, the reality is that the last thing hunters need is more freebies because of the 43 42 43 number.
Actually he "WAS" #1 for awhile after the buffs.... then people learned how to counter Hunter/Druid and he dropped from #1 pretty fast all it took was for a Warrior/druid combo to realize to have the druid sit on any traps a hunter lays.... notice how there's ONE hunter in the top 20 teams on BG9 now?

Even your Pve argument has no merit, there was just recently several lists going around showing the DPS of every class on everything in Sunwell/BT/Hyjal... Rogues were #1 by a couple hundred DPS and hunters weren't even #2 on every fight, only 1 hunter who has a Legendary bow can beat the top rogues... and why shouldn't he? It's a fucking legendary.

I'm really sorry your terrible @ your class and get owned in World Pvp/Battlegrounds, but in the only Form of Pvp that matters -Arenas- Hunters need help along with a couple other classes. Warrior/Druid/Rogue dominates.

You have an 11 points talent MS
Hunter MS is worse then Warriors and rogues MS by a large margin.
you have an AoE undispellable snare, you have a single target trap
both skills you have to set off by walking over them and one is dispellable.
If someone somehow manages to get in melee range (say a warrior, enhance shaman, druid or rogue) you can wing clip them to get away.
All those classes except druid have snares as well.
Your class can ditch out an incredible amount of DPS, can purge, drain, CC two targets at once and even have a pet attacking a third one (say healer) to spell pushback.
Lowest BURST DPS out of the DPS classes, purge is only 1 buff and has a 6 sec CD, Drain requires a certain pet that is only getting squishier and squishier as peoples DPS goes up and the pets survivability doesn't. We can only CC 2 targets if we lay a trap and no1 touches it for 30 seconds.

Alex

I like the idea of the totem system, but the range needs to be increased, and totemic recall should be a timered ability that moves totems to your locaation. Maybe also give an ability that carts one around with you, like an offensive or defensive aura.

Save the mana restore/destruction to the new system they put in during 2.3 was it? Let people make a macro if they need to break them all at once.

I dont think Shamans need genuine CC, but perhaps some anti-CC? It'd be nice if they made more use of the weapon buffs, so maybe use it on that. Flametounge should give some spell dmg/healing, Frostbrand could snare/possibly root people who attacked you, Rockbiter could grounding totem physical effects, and windfury is probably fine as is.

Also, Rank 2 grounding totem that eats up to 3 effects, has a few thousand HP, and blows the fuck up when it's consumed it's limit! Maybe when it explodes it could do a 30 yrd pulse Earthquake, just causing a simple knockdown. Shamans need something that people fear, so that could be a start!

Im just rambling though, I just like tossing out ideas at random for fun. If they ever gave Shamans an aoe though, I hope it's an Earthquake.

Alex

Death Knight Ghoul abilities:

* Explode - Explode self, destroying the ghoul and causing 500 shadow damage to all nearby enemies.
* Infect - Inflicts 51 - 52 nature damage to an enemy every 3 seconds.
* Huddle - Go into a defensive crouch, reducing damage dealt and taken by melee attacks, ranged attacks and spells by 50% for 10 seconds.
* Gnaw - Chew a limb off the target, stunning for 3 seconds and dealing 90 - 110 damage.
* Leap - Leap through the shadows and reappear behind your enemy.
* Claw - Claw the enemy causing 14 additional damage.
* Thrash - A physical attack, injuring a single foe for 110 damage. Also interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell of that school from being cast for 5 seconds.

Ariexv

Alex said:
Death Knight Ghoul abilities:

* Explode - Explode self, destroying the ghoul and causing 500 shadow damage to all nearby enemies.
* Infect - Inflicts 51 - 52 nature damage to an enemy every 3 seconds.
* Huddle - Go into a defensive crouch, reducing damage dealt and taken by melee attacks, ranged attacks and spells by 50% for 10 seconds.
* Gnaw - Chew a limb off the target, stunning for 3 seconds and dealing 90 - 110 damage.
* Leap - Leap through the shadows and reappear behind your enemy.
* Claw - Claw the enemy causing 14 additional damage.
* Thrash - A physical attack, injuring a single foe for 110 damage. Also interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell of that school from being cast for 5 seconds.
Can't wait for someone to die in my grp and be resurrected as my ghoul!

Alex

Seriously, it's almost awkward how excited I am to see or be a Ghoul. I think it's such a kickass ability. Man I'd have too much fun leaping at people and shit.

Haha, I just noticed they have a pummel/kick. Can't wait for the "OMFG NERF GHOULS" posts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Alex said:
Seriously, it's almost awkward how excited I am to see or be a Ghoul. I think it's such a kickass ability. Man I'd have too much fun leaping at people and shit.

Haha, I just noticed they have a pummel/kick. Can't wait for the "OMFG NERF GHOULS" posts.
I doubt half those ghoul skills will make it into release.

Alex

Halycon said:

Why must you crush my dreams of being a ghoul? I will bite the shit out of you if I ever get the chance!

Haly

Alex said:
Why must you crush my dreams of being a ghoul? I will bite the shit out of you if I ever get the chance!
/cast Shapeshift: Dire Bear
/laugh

BlackMage

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
That is exactly what I said.

I am so glad you have such great reading comprehension, otherwise I may have had to explain it to you.

Oh my god...

Why?

WHY?!

your point is lost because it doesn't make any sense. Don't act like WE are the ones being stupid here.

Hero

Halycon said:

This.

They have kick/pummel and shadowstep. WTF? It's more versatile than a warlock pet.

Actually, for shamans, what I think would be cool is if there was a talented ability or new rank of Grounding Totem that "ate" the spell it absorbed and then allowed the shaman to cast that spell via a charge. I.e. it eats a fear, the shaman gets one fear to cast.

Ariexv

Hero said:
This.

They have kick/pummel and shadowstep. WTF? It's more versatile than a warlock pet.
Well they also don't seem to be full-time pets either.... probably more comparable to a Doomguard or the shamans Rock/Fire elementals then your average warlock/hunter pets.

Alex

Hero said:
This.

It's a timered ability, you have to have a dead, willing teammate to use it on, and they have to play it. It should be better than a Warlock pet.

BlackMage

Banned
Ariexv said:
Arena is pretty much the only Place Pvp balance matters ATM, you can complain it was a stupid idea but its what Pvp balance is and should be balanced around.

Even if you hate Arenas though there's no arguing it's miles better then the old Pvp system.

No. It should be removed from the game. Give us more Battlegrounds and balance the classes around raid combat. that way, it synergies better with PVE balance and it's a lot more fun. 5v5 3v3 2v2... sucks balls.

Hero

Alex said:
It's a timered ability, you have to have a dead, willing teammate to use it on, and they have to play it. It should be better than a Warlock pet.

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought you just needed -any- player corpse, regardless if it's a party/raid member?

Alex

Hero said:
Maybe I misunderstood, I thought you just needed -any- player corpse, regardless if it's a party/raid member?

No, you're right, I'm wrong. I'm still not totally sure on how it works though. IMO it should be awesome but only work on friendly corpses and only work as player controlled. That'd be way cooler

Ariexv

Alex said:
I thought you could rez one from a normal NPC corpse as well and have normal pet control over it?

Kosma

Banned
WoW is balanced around PvE mostly. Then they see how they can balance the PvP without affecting the PvE. That's how it is.

If you want a game balanced around PvP only, you must go to Warhammer Online.

What is the general philosophy toward developing PvP content for Warhammer Online?

Jeff Hickman: We generally start everything in our game with a thought toward PvP. PvP isn't the first thing we think of, but it's one of the first things. We think of Warhammer Online as a PvP game that also has monster and PvE content. So, when we balance our careers, we balance the content around player verses player, not fighting monsters. We balance the classes against each other. Then, instead of balancing those classes against the monsters, we balance the monsters against the classes. Our philosophy is to make the best PvP game in the world and build the PvE content around it. We know how much damage each class can do and take, plus all the utility each class can provide. So, instead of balancing each ability, we just need to modify the overall damage output and absorption of each career.

Ariexv

doodyball5 said:
No. It should be removed from the game. Give us more Battlegrounds and balance the classes around raid combat. that way, it synergies better with PVE balance and it's a lot more fun. 5v5 3v3 2v2... sucks balls.
Really and how would you award loot without arenas? Go back to the old terrible Pvp system? or the current BG pvp system that also sucks donkey nuts? The only way it could work is if they did ranked BGs.... which will probably never happen because everyone will cry about how they can't find 9 other people in a MASSIVE MULTI-PLAYER game. I would like to have Rated BGs instead of Arenas but realistically it's never going to happen.

oo Kosma oo said:
WoW is balanced around PvE mostly. Then they see how they can balance the PvP without affecting the PvE. That's how it is.

If you want a game balanced around PvP only, you must go to Warhammer Online.
I fully plan to :p Hopefully Age of Conan lasts up till it's released though.

J-Rzez

Grecco said:
Hunters need help? Lol

Well, yeah? Why not? They can top the DPS charts at crazy range with the legendary bow, even over Rogues with duel legendary warglaives. They dominate in BG's. The closest place compared to other classes is in arena, which they can controlled if skilled and the other players are on the same level or below, and they're not the most OP class there yet which are druids. So yeah, they need help dude, get with the times :lol

rogues MS by a large margin.

Which MS is this? The one where you have the below 35% dmg buff and to get the full effect of lowered healing like the other MS you need to shiv a couple of wound poisons on which can be resisted, missed, dodged, dispelled? Not to mention you lose a weapon (almost needing a 3rd weapon handy to swap to which is extra work) to apply crippling poison by chance unlike spamming HS and WC? Or, the traps... or scatter shot to disorientate? Yeah, I can see how Rogues are so OP against hunters with flare and detect hidden and pets.

Nerf hunters damage and druids (massively with this class), lower the effectiveness of healing slightly when cast on a target with resi, and the game's balanced out with some buffs to shammies. Every class would be fine, including paladins (with a very slight dps tweak).

To the others that said buff hunters and the rest of the game becomes further out of balance, you are correct. If you want to leave hunters where they are and druids, then buff EVERY other class. Including Rogues, Wars, and Locks so they can dispel too.

Anyways, after seeing the cool abilities the other classes received, like Wars, locks, druids, I hope to see what they add to Rogues is on similar coolness levels. I will roll a DK soon as I lvl my 2 70's to 80. They sound so neat.

Xiaoki

Halycon said:
I doubt the ghoul talents will make it into release.

With talents your ghoul would have a cooldown of 2.5 minutes and duration of 4 minutes.

The stun and spell interrupt will probably have long cooldowns. Self Destruct I don't really care about, if I'm going to destroy my ghoul it's going to be for Death Pact

Ariexv

J-Rzez said:
Well, yeah? Why not? They can top the DPS charts at crazy range with the legendary bow, even over Rogues with duel legendary warglaives. They dominate in BG's. The closest place compared to other classes is in arena, which they can controlled if skilled and the other players are on the same level or below, and they're not the most OP class there yet which are druids. So yeah, they need help dude, get with the times :lol

Which MS is this? The one where you have the below 35% dmg buff and to get the full effect of lowered healing like the other MS you need to shiv a couple of wound poisons on which can be resisted, missed, dodged, dispelled? Not to mention you lose a weapon (almost needing a 3rd weapon handy to swap to which is extra work) to apply crippling poison by chance unlike spamming HS and WC? Or, the traps... or scatter shot to disorientate? Yeah, I can see how Rogues are so OP against hunters with flare and detect hidden and pets.

Nerf hunters damage and druids (massively with this class), lower the effectiveness of healing slightly when cast on a target with resi, and the game's balanced out with some buffs to shammies. Every class would be fine, including paladins (with a very slight dps tweak).

To the others that said buff hunters and the rest of the game becomes further out of balance, you are correct. If you want to leave hunters where they are and druids, then buff EVERY other class. Including Rogues, Wars, and Locks so they can dispel too.
holy shit thats the best laugh i've had in a LONG LONG time, Did you seriously just suggest a buff to Warriors/locks/rogues? I'm starting to think you're trolling more then being serious.....

In the order of pvp Warrior/Druid/Rogue is at the very top with locks following close behind.... then most the other classes.

BlackMage

Banned
Ariexv said:
Really and how would you award loot without arenas? Go back to the old terrible Pvp system? or the current BG pvp system that also sucks donkey nuts? The only way it could work is if they did ranked BGs.... which will probably never happen because everyone will cry about how they can't find 9 other people in a MASSIVE MULTI-PLAYER game. I would like to have Rated BGs instead of Arenas but realistically it's never going to happen.

I fully plan to :p Hopefully Age of Conan lasts up till it's released though.

see, the difference between you and I is that I don't care about the gear issue. Using honor to buy gear is perfectly acceptable to me. I want fun. Arena isn't fun.

Ariexv

doodyball5 said:
see, the difference between you and I is that I don't care about the gear issue. Using honor to buy gear is perfectly acceptable to me. I want fun. Arena isn't fun.
While you might not arenas can you imagine how much grinding it would take w/ the current system to get a full Pvp set? I already LOATHE grinding out the boots/belt/cape/ring every season. Now if they actually added new Battlegrounds, have like 4-5 of every type that are chosen randomly when you Q for that type of BG(like arenas do) and lowered the cost or upd the amount of points you get I would be all for it..... but it seems like they're making Pvp gear harder to get w/ the requirements not easier which is what this change would do.... and Pvp gear has to stay competitive w/ Pve gear or we go back to Pre-BC and everyone having to be top tier in raiding to compete in Pvp.

Hero

I would love for Sinister Strike or Hemo to dispell a buff from my target, or to have Shiv drain mana.

Hero

Ariexv said:
Yep and I would love for Clos/Shadowstep/stealth/stuns/poisons :p

Stealth is pretty weak these days. Especially in arena I find it almost self defeating for the class.

"Only see four people out of five. Okay, do they have Mark of the Wild buff? No? It's a rogue."

Not to mention you can sit on a god damn trap/flare all day with detect stealth up.

Alex

If Rogues are seriously sitting here complaining about Hunter arena performance.... Just the thought of that actually gives me a headache! What the hell, guys?!

I mean complaining about raid issues, or even BG's, that can be very understandable. As far as I'm concerned they broke Rogue raiding in BC anyway, because swords were for talentless losers who couldn't backstab a gigantic, spazzy eyeball! Daggers for life!

But arena, man... The class at the top of 2000 and 2200+ 2v2 and 3v3 is bitching about the class at the bottom of 2000 and 2200+ 2v2 and 3v3? I mean hell, Rogues even outperform Hunters in 5v5! The only little niche they have with Drain!

And you can't play a fucking Rogue then accuse the Hunter populace of idiocy either! That's like rolling a Blood Elf then bitching about Night Elves! I figured I was consoling poor, disgruntled Mages or something! Fresh ones with no resil getting tagged in the mouth!

Man, I'm pretty disappointed. I fucking hate Hunters and I'm sitting here defending them too. That's how stupid this scenario is. This is like bizzaro world!

I'll still conceed, very agreeably so, that Hunters need less than Paladins and Shamans. It's just that the few things they need are more apparent and glaring.

Also, I'll VERY MUCH AGREE that Hunters should take a tag in BG performance as they take a boost in arena performance. Man... trying to go up against Hunters on my little Shadow Priest alt...RAGE. With all of the Shadow Priest buffs though, maybe I'll just go Resto Shaman main, Shadow Priest alt. I don't really like Elemental or Enhancement anyway.

Stopped raiding during BT though, couldn't give a shit less about the current state. Will be interested again in 10 man WOTLK raids.

Hero

Alex said:
If Rogues are seriously sitting here complaining about Hunter arena performance.... Just the thought of that actually gives me a headache! What the hell, guys?!

I mean complaining about raid issues, or even BG's, that can be very understandable. As far as I'm concerned they broke Rogue raiding in BC anyway, because swords were for talentless losers who couldn't backstab a gigantic, spazzy eyeball! Daggers for life!

But arena, man... The class at the top of 2000 and 2200+ 2v2 and 3v3 is bitching about the class at the bottom of 2000 and 2200+ 2v2 and 3v3? I mean hell, Rogues even outperform Hunters in 5v5! The only little niche they have with Drain!

And you can't play a fucking Rogue then accuse the Hunter populace of idiocy either! That's like rolling a Blood Elf then bitching about Night Elves! I figured I was consoling poor, disgruntled Mages or something! Fresh ones with no resil getting tagged in the mouth!

Man, I'm pretty disappointed. I fucking hate Hunters and I'm sitting here defending them too. That's how stupid this scenario is. This is like bizzaro world!

I'll still conceed, very agreeably so, that Hunters need less than Paladins and Shamans. It's just that the few things they need are more apparent and glaring.

Also, I'll VERY MUCH AGREE that Hunters should take a tag in BG performance as they take a boost in arena performance. Man... trying to go up against Hunters on my little Shadow Priest alt...RAGE. With all of the Shadow Priest buffs though, maybe I'll just go Resto Shaman main, Shadow Priest alt. I don't really like Elemental or Enhancement anyway.

Stopped raiding during BT though, couldn't give a shit less about the current state. Will be interested again in 10 man WOTLK raids.

I wasn't bitching about rogue performance. I was merely feigning a hunter's perspective, wanting more and more. :p

yacobod

Banned
hunters are pretty strong in BGs and 1v1 duels, however they are not overpowered in arena, i guess they could use a buff, or some probably a few other classes could use nerfs

the only overpowered classes in arena atm are Druids, Rogues, and Warriors

if you are a warrior/druid team in 2s losing to hunter/druid you suck plain and simple, warrior/druid can put out a lot more sustained pressure, has a lot more longevity, and has way better burst

hunter/druid was strong after the buff when ppl were not used to playing that comp, but after ppl started getting 5/5 s3 capped with full armor pen, the games became easy and hunter/druid became a mere annoyance, as the games could take a very long time to win, a test of patience if you will

firex

Alex said:
I like the idea of the totem system, but the range needs to be increased, and totemic recall should be a timered ability that moves totems to your locaation. Maybe also give an ability that carts one around with you, like an offensive or defensive aura.

Save the mana restore/destruction to the new system they put in during 2.3 was it? Let people make a macro if they need to break them all at once.

I dont think Shamans need genuine CC, but perhaps some anti-CC? It'd be nice if they made more use of the weapon buffs, so maybe use it on that. Flametounge should give some spell dmg/healing, Frostbrand could snare/possibly root people who attacked you, Rockbiter could grounding totem physical effects, and windfury is probably fine as is.

Also, Rank 2 grounding totem that eats up to 3 effects, has a few thousand HP, and blows the fuck up when it's consumed it's limit! Maybe when it explodes it could do a 30 yrd pulse Earthquake, just causing a simple knockdown. Shamans need something that people fear, so that could be a start!

Im just rambling though, I just like tossing out ideas at random for fun. If they ever gave Shamans an aoe though, I hope it's an Earthquake.
I really wouldn't mind either a mild form of CC or a hard anti-CC ability added to the class since that's its biggest weakness. Like make Shamanistic Rage work like TBW in addition to its current effects, add it in to some other ability in resto, etc. Grounding totem needs buffs though, and what I'd like to see is - if they keep totems the same as they are now - just make them untargetable. So grounding could die to spells but all the others wouldn't, elemental would have to be targeted to be killed (and still targeted to be healed) etc.

For mobility purposes I would simply like to see totems "replaced" with elemental spirits that carry your totems when you hit 30 and get the final totem. And have some of the stupid ones like Windwall rerolled back into Stoneskin like it used to be, add a concentration aura-ish totem to earth for caster groups in raids/pvp, and so on.

For weapon buffs I'd really like to see a redesign to rockbiter, frostbrand and flametongue to make them apply some kind of useful debuff (i.e. rockbiter reducing armor and stacking with sunder, frostbrand lowering casting/attacking speed, flametongue doing... something) so that way enhance would bring slightly more to the table, even though it's pretty good as it is now.

and naturally, I say give shamans Earthquake, especially since Wintergrasp is supposed to have destructible buildings. It could be a long CD spell that would pretty much single-handedly raze a base if it's targeted on it, and also provide either insane aoe snare a la frost trap, or pulses of damage with a large chance to stun. Or it could be like Shadowfury for all I care, it'd just be a cool aoe spell and fit well with the new pvp system.

I'm not really going to get into how I think they should rework elemental because that needs to be taken almost to the drawing board imo (and remodeled after Balance talents) but resto just needs lower point-buys and a few of the talents shifted around so they aren't as deep into the tree as they are (i.e. the focus talent should be tier 1 and 2-3 points tops). It's a pretty awesome tree, but takes 54 points to get the most out of it right now I'd say, and that leaves a hybrid really hurting for some versatility/survivability from other trees.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
yacobod said:
hunters are pretty strong in BGs and 1v1 duels, however they are not overpowered in arena, i guess they could use a buff, or some probably a few other classes could use nerfs

the only overpowered classes in arena atm are Druids, Rogues, and Warriors

if you are a warrior/druid team in 2s losing to hunter/druid you suck plain and simple, warrior/druid can put out a lot more sustained pressure, has a lot more longevity, and has way better burst

hunter/druid was strong after the buff when ppl were not used to playing that comp, but after ppl started getting 5/5 s3 capped with full armor pen, the games became easy and hunter/druid became a mere annoyance, as the games could take a very long time to win, a test of patience if you will

To be honest, I'm not looking for a buff but something would be nice since every class is getting something. What I would love is a disarming shot :D

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
g35twinturbo said:
To be honest, I'm not looking for a buff but something would be nice since every class is getting something. What I would love is a disarming shot :D

Disarming shot? lol next step is the Suplex Shot my friend always wants blizzard to give him.

yacobod

Banned
are shaman that bad off atm?

i mean resto shaman/warrior is strong in 2v2
i guess resto shaman have a gripe that they really cant solo heal a 3v3 team with any real sucess, but they are good in double healer 3v3 teams

enh shaman are good in 3s and 5s in melee zerg comps

elemental shaman have always been strong in 5v5, and are good in burst 3s setups like lock/spriest/elemental shaman

at least shaman seem much better off to me than paladins or hunters as far as flexibility

Bregor

One day after a raid the 4 hunters in my guild set up a new 5v5 team just for fun. They all speced BM and went in with their Black Temple DPS gear. Their fifth member was a resto Shaman who used heroism for them and their pets immediately at the start of each match. Things died ridiculously fast.

I'm sure there is a perfectly sensible counter to this group make up, but no one they went up against seemed to know what to do and were massacred Incredibly quick. It was a lot of fun to listen to on vent.

(No point to this post, just relating an anecdote.)

yacobod

Banned
all 3 specs are good in pve for raiding as well, arent resto shaman the best T6+ healers in the game??

shaman complaining seems more like QQ, l2p imo, but then again i don't play the class

but i have played on 2100+ teams in all 3 brackets that have had shaman on the team this past season

did shaman/warrior in 2s
resto shaman/resto druid/warrior and resto shaman/warrior/ret pally in 3s
2346 in 5s

so idk, seems fine to me

explodet

Bregor said:
One day after a raid the 4 hunters in my guild set up a new 5v5 team just for fun. They all speced BM and went in with their Black Temple DPS gear. Their fifth member was a resto Shaman who used heroism for them and their pets immediately at the start of each match. Things died ridiculously fast.
I love stories like those - reminds me of those 10-class WSG games where the other team didn't know what the heck to do. 10-mage WSG just blasted or sheeped everything, 10-shaman was a totem forest, and I think the other teams just AFK'd out of a 10-paladin team.

Haly

dave is ok said:
Shaman are the most perfectly balanced PvP class in the game. All three specs are viable.
All specs are viable, but some specs are more viable than others.

Resto

timmy

explodet said:
I love stories like those - reminds me of those 10-class WSG games where the other team didn't know what the heck to do. 10-mage WSG just blasted or sheeped everything, 10-shaman was a totem forest, and I think the other teams just AFK'd out of a 10-paladin team.
I participated in a night of ten-priest WSG back before BC and it was pretty unreal. I've got a screenshot somewhere of a hunter with like nine shadow word pains on him. Stuff like that is great because the other team is usually too shocked to exploit whatever gaping flaws a single-class team might have.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
_tetsuo_ said:
Disarming shot? lol next step is the Suplex Shot my friend always wants blizzard to give him.

The funny part is that they actually was some info release about them making that a skill :)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wow, are Warriors and Death Knights essentially sharing the same role?

If I was still playing WoW, I'd be pissed.

ZealousD said:

Nah, warriors were pissed when druids didn't suck anymore and paladins became the ezmode tank. Those were some bitter days. But right now its more or less ok.

border

ZealousD said:

Warriors have shared their tanking role with Druids and Paladins for nearly 18 months now. All the tank-capable classes have specific utility that is unique, though. Death Knight will be much the same.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
ZealousD said:

I'm still pissed over the 15% damage bonus Blizzard took off of Enrage :lol

The only real thing Warriors have left is dominating PVP. If Death Knights take that away, the class will truly be dead.

too much talk of balance for an alpha content leak thread

more splooge over nothern giants, sea ports, dual wielding two-handed axes imo

ZealousD said:

As long as warriors can get into raids for things other than tanking it can't possibly be worse than Burning Crusade.

etiolate

Banned
Ariexv said:
Actually he "WAS" #1 for awhile after the buffs.... then people learned how to counter Hunter/Druid and he dropped from #1 pretty fast all it took was for a Warrior/druid combo to realize to have the druid sit on any traps a hunter lays.... notice how there's ONE hunter in the top 20 teams on BG9 now?

Even your Pve argument has no merit, there was just recently several lists going around showing the DPS of every class on everything in Sunwell/BT/Hyjal... Rogues were #1 by a couple hundred DPS and hunters weren't even #2 on every fight, only 1 hunter who has a Legendary bow can beat the top rogues... and why shouldn't he? It's a fucking legendary.

I'm really sorry your terrible @ your class and get owned in World Pvp/Battlegrounds, but in the only Form of Pvp that matters -Arenas- Hunters need help along with a couple other classes. Warrior/Druid/Rogue dominates.

Hunter MS is worse then Warriors and rogues MS by a large margin.
both skills you have to set off by walking over them and one is dispellable. All those classes except druid have snares as well.
Lowest BURST DPS out of the DPS classes, purge is only 1 buff and has a 6 sec CD, Drain requires a certain pet that is only getting squishier and squishier as peoples DPS goes up and the pets survivability doesn't. We can only CC 2 targets if we lay a trap and no1 touches it for 30 seconds.

You sound like someone who needs to roll another class to get a reality check on how nice Hunters have it. I get tired of Hunters who expect to beat everything and be #1 at everything.

And Shamans are not balanced PvP wise. I use to think they were great at PvP until I rolled one and realized how much the lack of cc and anti-cc totally gimps the class. As their burst damage has been scaled down, They become less and less viable at PvP. Resto is the only viable Arena spec, the other two are fun once you aren't being paid attention to. Unfortunately you are easily countered by any snare or cc as Enhance and anything ihitting you as Elemental.

And don't compare Arena to Pvp. Arena is broken and laughable.

Top Bottom