• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

m23

I just completed Max, and soon to complete Guacamelee. Need a new Download title, what are the best ones.

Child of Light, Super Time Force and also Valiant Hearts but that has more of a focus on story and WW1 stuff with basic puzzles.

TK Turk

Banned
I just completed Max, and soon to complete Guacamelee. Need a new Download title, what are the best ones.

I'd first like to disagree with many people saying Valiant Hearts. Not worth the money IMO, too easy. Felt like I was reading a story, not so much playing a game.

So far, my rankings of favorite xbox download games goes as:

1) Child of Light
2) Guac
3) Max
4) Strider

If you like RPGs, get Child of Light, if you enjoyed Guac, get Strider.

Not sure where else to ask it, but what's the current update on Warframe coming to Xbox One? I think they announced at E3 it was coming to the platform but not seen anything on it since then.

Not sure where else to ask it, but what's the current update on Warframe coming to Xbox One? I think they announced at E3 it was coming to the platform but not seen anything on it since then.

This is the place to ask, i've sent them a tweet hopefully they respond. Still waiting for a response about when we might get Awesomenauts. Perhaps they won't reply but its worth a try

Any word if SteamWorld Dig will be coming to Xbox One? It is on sale on PSN this week, plus I would be getting both vita and PS4 versions, but I was wondering if I should wait for the One version...

Do we have any confirmed games coming out soon?

I add all the info we have to the OP. At the moment outside of Magic 2015 on the 16th July theres a lot of games "coming soon" like The Golf Club (due this month) and plenty of others that have been rated

Any word if SteamWorld Dig will be coming to Xbox One? It is on sale on PSN this week, plus I would be getting both vita and PS4 versions, but I was wondering if I should wait for the One version...

I asked the devs just for you

Steverulez: @imageform is Steamworld Dig coming to Xbox One?

ImageForm: @Steverulez maybe! influence your local Microsoft rep! ;)

Steverulez: @imageform OK! Chris, you're needed! @iocat @ID_Xbox give us a reply to let me know you've seen this! Steamworld Dig on XB1…

If you have twitter, perhaps go and spam Chris Charla until he notices it

Kampfheld

Banned
WTF. I just noticed Knight Squad is coming to Xbox One.

via ID@Xbox E3 trailer

http://knightsquadgame.com/

Knight Squad is an 8 players top-down Bomberman meets Gauntlet game. I wonder if it will work offline with 8 players, too. Xbox One supports that.

It may look ... Not so hot. But: the game is just a freaking blast in multiplayer, trust me! Total fun. It's really amazing with friends and there are a plenty of different modes to play.

WTF. I just noticed Knight Squad is coming to Xbox One.

via ID@Xbox E3 trailer

http://knightsquadgame.com/

Knight Squad is an 8 players top-down Bomberman meets Gauntlet game. I wonder if it will work offline with 8 players, too. Xbox One supports that.

It may look ... Not so hot. But: the game is just a freaking blast in multiplayer, trust me! Total fun. It's really amazing with friends and there are a plenty of different modes to play.

That did indeed look intriguing, I would like to assume it will support as many players as it can.

Here is our Zombie Driver Ultimate Edition and Sixty Second Shooter Prime reviews :)

Hope you guys that check out the site enjoy them!

I'm also slowly transferring over all of the 1080p colored achievement images for every Xbox One game over to our Imgur account.

You can check out the 3 available ones right now here.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Neither, you should be getting the 3DS version which is the best of the bunch :p

Lovely game tho, hope it comes out for the bone, the more people playing the game the merrier!

Did like you asked and Chris Charla favorited my tweet :)

Ive just seen he favourited it, hehe.

I get the feeling these games are being planned, I saw someone ask about a game the other day (Crimsonland I think) and Chris Charla said he sent the dev a DM - so it seems it wasn't happening whereas with N++ he said he had a sticker of it on his Surface and then the favouriting of SW Dig tweet...

Its obviously not guaranteed they'll all come but at least it seems like he's on the case.

Kampfheld

Banned
Gateway's new game "PureSpace" seems like it might be coming to XB1 also. Spectra was already announced as part of ID@Xbox.

Lee Stotts Twitter timeline shows many more interesting looking games that were presented yesterday. I hope we see some of them on Xbox One. I really don't know what all these presentations were about tho. Real games? Tech demos?

Oh - and:

BsB_wH7IIAAbS8a.jpg

And yes, I can confirm that. Working on a Xbox One game pretty much right now :) NEED TO STAHP NEOGAF. NEED TO BE PRODUCTIVE.

Lee Stotts Twitter timeline shows many more interesting looking games that were presented yesterday. I hope we see some of them on Xbox One. I really don't know what all these presentations were about tho. Real games? Tech demos?

Oh - and:

BsB_wH7IIAAbS8a.jpg

:p

Real games, but most of them are for Win8 tablet/phone. However, do to the "shared code" environment MS is promoting to share code between all platforms, if they wanted, they could make the game for X1 with that same code.

Lima

Yeh, its a good idea though. Hopefully it comes at the same time as a significant update to the store, as its pretty shitty right now

Much needed agreed. Don't hide them like they did with the Indie store on the 360 but putting up a separate section or tab where you can highlight new releases and such would definitely help.

Are any of the downloadable games snappable? I keep finding myself in a game waiting for party members to be ready and wishing I could snap something like 60SSP while I wait. I thought I read somewhere that Nutjitsu is snappable? I searched this thread and couldn't find any mention of it.

Doesn't self publishing makes this impossible?

It's unlikely for id@xbox titles unless they sit in finished titles for a few weeks to make the schedule but you could argue it might do wonders for their sales.

Mine craft in august, d4 at some point, no reason why ms can't try and fit in indies and nom indies on, a varied line-up would be better I guess

Doesn't self publishing makes this impossible?

We had indie uprising promotions on 360. It would be nice with indies and Ms worked something together to promote something like this.

It would be hard to not get overflowed, though, specially later on if the first attempt proves a hit.

It's unlikely for id@xbox titles unless they sit in finished titles for a few weeks to make the schedule but you could argue it might do wonders for their sales.

Mine craft in august, d4 at some point, no reason why ms can't try and fit in indies and nom indies on, a varied line-up would be better I guess

They could easily line 4 games up that look good and release them one a week with extra marketing space/exposure on their websites, dashboard, ect. Even if it's games that are multiplat, give them some marketing push and show you are commited.

We had indie uprising promotions on 360. It would be nice with indies and Ms worked something together to promote something like this.

It would be hard to not get overflowed, though, specially later on if the first attempt proves a hit.

Very good points, I guess I just don't see developers being all that open to having their game delayed on one platform because of a promotion.

Not to mention that one of the big draws of SoA was the exclusive games, that's pretty much impossible now with developers targeting as many platforms as their budget allows.

Spades

A bit more info on the Magic 2015 release:

Magic 2015 – Duels of the Planeswalkers will be launching exclusively on the iPad on Wednesday, July 9th. All other platforms including PC via Steam, Xbox 360, Android via Google Play and the Amazon Kindle will be launching on Wednesday, July 16th. The Xbox One version will be launching later this summer.

eastx

A bit more info on the Magic 2015 release:

Nuts!

Also, Roundabout has been announced for next year (I had been expecting it to come this year)...

We’re releasing Roundabout on both Steam and Humble Store on September 18th.... We’re going to add a bunch of console customizations and tweaks to our final build of Roundabout, then release both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions very early in 2015. Stay tuned for more about that!

A press release I received from the guys handling the PR. Not sure if it has been posted anywhere else yet as I've not looked.

Curious, because Wizard's site mentions X1 in the same sentence as the others releasing on the 16th.

Well, I assume the PR company would know.

Thanks

zorbsie

If it's like Zen Pinball 2 on PS4, you'll be able to 'import' purchased tables currently available with a button on the front interface of the FX2 X1 version.

I'm worried about Zen pinball on X1. They didn't allow transfer of tables when they released it for windows 8. Hopefully they sort that out for X1, I'm not buying all the tables all over again even if I liked the game a lot.

LNBL

I'm starting to rage at this point. Downloading Forza and after 45 minutes it's only on 9%. wtf, my internet connection is pretty fast.

zebwinz

I'm starting to rage at this point. Downloading Forza and after 45 minutes it's only on 9%. wtf, my internet connection is pretty fast.

Are you on Comcast? My DL speeds have been terrible today, but upload is still great :|

Edit: went to the network settings and there is a message saying " The following service is experiencing issues: Purchase and Content Usage"

Sucks but it's kinda nice seeing the error message right on the console without having to check a website or twitter to see if there are any issues.

Rembrandt

Banned

I feel you. Bought wolfenstein this morning, probably won't be able to play it until tomorrow. Shit is ridiculous. They need to work on their preloading. Letting me only play the intro isn't really "ready to launch"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-11-xbox-one-now-supports-trial-and-unlock-game-demos

Xbox One now supports trial and unlock game demos.

"When Xbox One launched you could do game demos and you could do games. But we didn't have the functionality that was on Xbox 360 - that 'trial' experience where you could download a demo and then convert it [to a full version]," Microsoft's ID@Xbox boss Chris Charla has told Eurogamer.

"But now we do.

More on the link.

This is great news for the ID@Xbox games you maybe unsure of and will basically be the same as the old "Arcade" titles. You can trial them for free and if you like, you buy.

One caveat is that it is down to each game to have a trial and is not mandatory. At least it gives the developers the choice of showcasing their game for a free trial or not.

I don't think we've seen any ID@Xbox games yet that have shipped with trials, but we may well in the future. It's something that's open to everybody."

Top Bottom