• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fragile (Wii) characters and screens!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Gpara has a seiyuu list for the characters, including those two new ones.

--

21e82f7.jpg

Someone didn't get a wish... :(

ivysaur12

Banned
Sule said:
Is there any new information in the previews? Have they actually played the game yet or are they just repeating what we know and showing of new screens?

This is what I want to know.

The new screens look great. The game always had good art, but now it's starting to look technically impressive as well.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm really impressed with the quality of some of the Wii 3rd party games we're starting to see... looks like companies finally got the hint. This and that Arc Rise Fantasia game look awesome, and are exactly what I want to see on Wii.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
djtiesto said:
I'm really impressed with the quality of some of the Wii 3rd party games we're starting to see... looks like japanese companies finally got the hint. This and that Arc Rise Fantasia game look awesome, and are exactly what I want to see on Wii.

fixed for justice :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Translated info from IGN:

We've also learned first details on the game's combat system. The game transitions seamlessly into battle as you face off against all varieties of creatures, including some who move in groups. When in battle, you keep using the nunchuck to move your character around, and use buttons on the Wiimote to perform attacks. You have to select your weapons based off the current enemy.

It's not just you by your lonely self as you search the ruins, though. Joining main character Seto are at least three additional characters: Ren, Sai and Kuro. Ren is the white-haired girl who, as previously revealed, is the subject of Seto's search. Sai is another female character who meets up with Seto midway through his travels. Kuro is a boy who, like Seto, is searching through this world of ruins. His search is centered in the Tokyo Tower area as he attempts to find the location depicted in a picture. He feels finding this location will help reveal the past that he has forgotten.

Fragile is set for Japanese release in 2008.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/884/884837p1.html

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Seamless transition into battle is good for the atmorphere they seem to be aiming with this title. Good news.

I wonder how the "party" and other characters will work.

Dascu

schuelma said:
Translated info from IGN:

We've also learned first details on the game's combat system. The game transitions seamlessly into battle as you face off against all varieties of creatures, including some who move in groups. When in battle, you keep using the nunchuck to move your character around, and use buttons on the Wiimote to perform attacks. You have to select your weapons based off the current enemy.

It's not just you by your lonely self as you search the ruins, though. Joining main character Seto are at least three additional characters: Ren, Sai and Kuro. Ren is the white-haired girl who, as previously revealed, is the subject of Seto's search. Sai is another female character who meets up with Seto midway through his travels. Kuro is a boy who, like Seto, is searching through this world of ruins. His search is centered in the Tokyo Tower area as he attempts to find the location depicted in a picture. He feels finding this location will help reveal the past that he has forgotten.

Fragile is set for Japanese release in 2008.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/884/884837p1.html
Sounds good. Can't wait to see some in-game video footage.

Ramenman

Easy_D said:
mg]http://www.onlineplayer.jp/modules/gallery/cache/albums/albuv39/19_G.jpg[/img]

Easily the best shot of the game so far.

I think you messed up your hotlinking and meant this one :

11.jpg

I agree with you.

The Hermit

duckroll said:
Spooky Zelda in post-apocalyptic world where you fight ghosts, look for survivors and unravel what happened to the world encounting stories of what came before via graffiti and notes left behind.

whoa! consider me intrested!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
10_G.jpg

11_G.jpg

13_G.jpg

Wow, I just love how creepy this game looks. Not frightening or anything, I just love the atmosphere.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm getting a "Japanese Eternal Darkness" feel to this. FUCK AWESOME. Hopefully it doesn't suck too bad. The music is good, we know that. The graphics are acceptable, we know that. Now give us great gameplay (possibly with a gimmick that doesn't wear out)and a passable storyline and i'm totally in.

hype +1

JaCy

This game is slowly becoming one of my more anticipated Wii games. I just hope the rest of the music is as good as the main theme.

esbern

080627_fragile_01_ren.jpg

goddamn i want this bitch to give me a foot job (just continuing creepy foot fetish shit from the first page)

rykomatsu

Kuwajima Houko and Hirohashi Ryo....
I can't not get this now... :| anyone know where i can snag a cheap NTSC-J wii? :(

Somnia

Good god...who would have thought that Wii would turn into my fav. system of this gen.? Now don't get me wrong I love my next-gen, but I think a lot of people were right in that it would take a good 1-2 years after Wii was released for the awesome stuff to show up (like the DS...)

pitt_norton

What's with these new screens? Where's the lovely edge lighting that illuminated the main character from the early screens? These looks flat compared to the early screens... I hope Namco just forgot to flick on the switch.

OLD:

old.jpg

NEW:

newa.jpg

Cosmozone

The apartment and classroom pics look especially great. The new material came just in time, I was already up to the point on visiting the official site regularly.

Michan

Night_Trekker said:
This game looks incredible. Immediately went from not on my radar to one of my most anticipated.

Same here. I haven't been excited for a game since Galaxy, but this has really come out of nowhere.

soawesome.gif

Haruspex

Banned
Just as this game was slipping from my memory a shedload of new screens remind me why I was so excited in the first place, I'm really hoping this will be something special, its not often an RPG captures my attention.

Haruspex said:
Just as this game was slipping from my memory a shedload of new screens remind me why I was so excited in the first place, I'm really hoping this will be something special, its not often an RPG captures my attention.
That basically sums up my sentiments. :D

PantherLotus said:
I'm getting a "Japanese Eternal Darkness" feel to this. FUCK AWESOME. Hopefully it doesn't suck too bad. The music is good, we know that. The graphics are acceptable, we know that. Now give us great gameplay (possibly with a gimmick that doesn't wear out)and a passable storyline and i'm totally in.

hype +1
Please don't ruin my hype for this game.

bdouble

pitt_norton said:
What's with these new screens? Where's the lovely edge lighting that illuminated the main character from the early screens? These looks flat compared to the early screens... I hope Namco just forgot to flick on the switch.

OLD:

NEW:

yeah that is kinda odd. The flashlight looks amazing in that first screen. The new ones look better overall but that lighting is much better I wonder why it changed.

EdgeTurn

Really liking the look of this game - it's like Miyazaki made a Silent Hill game.

Also, judging from some of the comments in this thread, someone needs to replace this girl's stuffed pig with Pedobear.

080627_fragile_02_sai.jpg

pitt_norton said:

*comparison*

And not just the character but also the environment. It's as if the battery has run out on the main character's torch. I wonder why the lighting has become so flat?

pitt_norton

bdouble said:
yeah that is kinda odd. The flashlight looks amazing in that first screen. The new ones look better overall but that lighting is much better I wonder why it changed.

_Alkaline_ said:
And not just the character but also the environment. It's as if the battery has run out on the main character's torch. I wonder why the lighting has become so flat?

I shudder to even suggest that a PS2 port might be on the way... and that has become the base platform for this title.

Whoa, this game gets better and better each time some new details emerge. I'm really loving these new shots...
Now if only our dear friends at Namco would take advantage of their E3 presence to announce a US-EU localization... Hell, they can even make this announcement a bit after that, just give me this damn game !...

Well, anyway, the official blog is up by the way. Not much in there yet ( some entries about the voice recording, and the motion capture process), but there could be some more interesting bits as we get near the game's release.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
thanks Stormbringer, looks awesome... can`t wait for gameplay movies...

Top Bottom