• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU Remastered screenshots (PS Blog)

zoukka

IQ looks great, but at the same time it reveals the last gen assets and sorta fights against the whole dirty and crumbled look of the enviroments.

Curious to see some gameplay screenshots.

As someone who didnt have a PS3 this game is still the biggest draw for me for me to get a PS4. Makes me wish I did use the Target 15% coupon on a PS4, but I think I'll wait for some holiday sales.

Lkr

how much better is the ds4 over the ds3? ps4 looks more and more tempting every day in comparison to the xbone which only interests me for halo and sports games

IQ looks great, but at the same time it reveals the last gen assets and sorta fights against the whole dirty and crumbled look of the enviroments.

This.

It's about what I expected. Still buying it day one because I got $35 when I traded in my PS3 copy, and I never bought the story DLC.

Dragon

Banned
Curious to see some gameplay screenshots.

As someone who didnt have a PS3 this game is still the biggest draw for me for me to get a PS4. Makes me wish I did use the Target 15% coupon on a PS4, but I think I'll wait for some holiday sales.

All three of those are gameplay shots.

how much better is the ds4 over the ds3? ps4 looks more and more tempting every day in comparison to the xbone which only interests me for halo and sports games

Infinitely better IMO. You can also use it for PC games if you have a bluetooth connection.

DieH@rd

Banned
Texture don't look that impressive, actually it looks ugly. maybe I expected too much

BTW god of war 3 came out in 2010

godofwariii-finalbosskq8ia.gif

Different artstyles, different size and density of visible world, and GoW has fixed on-rails camera so devs can go wild on small details by focusing only on textures and geometry that camera can spot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The trees and foliage look pretty rough, but the non-nature stuff looks alright.

I can't believe this stupid shit though:

"I wondered whether it would add a distracting layer of artificiality, that it might somehow interfere with the game’s cinematic look and feel. Luckily, based on my hands-on experiences at a recent media event in New York City, those concerns feel entirely unwarranted. Played at the higher framerate, The Last of Us Remastered has a silky smooth feel that makes aiming and camera control feel more responsive and natural."

nynt9

It's infinitely better. Definitely the best controller I've used. If you can, you should go to a store that has a demo unit and try it out.

Nvzman

DS4 is a massive improvement over DS3, IMO it's better than the Xbox controllers.

Texture don't look that impressive, actually it looks ugly. maybe I expected too much

BTW god of war 3 came out in 2010

godofwariii-finalbosskq8ia.gif

GOW3 is a great looking game, but I think Last of Us looks better overall because of the art direction, lighting, animation, and level of detail (particularly in the environments).

I don't think these screens do the game justice. Last of Us is a game for me that just looks 'ok' in screenshots but in gameplay, well... most immersive game I played last year.

This exactly. Screenshots of this game always have an oil paint type quality to my eyes but in motion it is truly beautiful. The most immersive game of last gen IMO.

All three of those are gameplay shots.

I've never played the game, but isnt this a third person "shooter"? I dont see crosshairs and the camera doesnt seem to be behind the character as it would be during actual gameplay.. I'm talking about when someone is in control of the character.

Lkr

DS4 is a massive improvement over DS3, IMO it's better than the Xbox controllers.

gahhh you guys are trying to get me to go out and spend $400. I should probably wait for the Destiny bundle though. fwiw the 360 controller is my favorite controller ever at the moment

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You should compare them in their actual resolutions. 720p vs 1080p makes a big difference. IQ is way better here.

If we are comparing actual resolutions we should ask them for the original 4K shot they had before downsampling for the blog post.

Nvzman

I've never played the game, but isnt this a third person "shooter"? I dont see crosshairs and the camera doesnt seem to be behind the character as it would be during actual gameplay.. I'm talking about when someone is in control of the character.
I'm pretty sure some of these are the beginning of game play sections after a cutscene when it starts panning to Joel. Also the cross-hairs only show when aiming a gun.

sangreal

looks..weird. really excited to play this though (especially the dlc). I think there has been just enough time since the PS3 game came out to make for a good replay

DieH@rd

Banned
They don't look THAT much better than some of the PS3 screenshots I have seen posted here on GAF.

PS3 game looks nice when the screen is posted in 720p on message forums, without upscale to 1080p [which we all see on our large TVs].

yorixm.jpg

1405516726-2.jpg

What now. Does it still look not much better to you? :D And note, aliasing of PS3 TLOU game is much more visible in motion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
PS3 game looks nice when the screen is posted in 720p on message forums, without upscale to 1080p [which we all see on our large TVs].

What now. Does it still look not much better to you? :D And note, aliasing of PS3 TLOU game is much more visible in motion.

Those shadows look horrendous

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

yorixm.jpg

1405516726-2.jpg

Boom.

hlhbk

There's a 30fps toggle, hope that doesn't mean it fluctuates a lot or just a crazy option?

There were a ton of people bitching about the 60 FPS not feeling cinematic. The option is probably there for those people.

Regardless the game looks amazing on PS4.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why do people compare bullshots with real gameplay screencaps?

I mean it's not like that they released true screenshots when the game came out on PS3.

oufouf.jpg

Dat AA.

Top Bottom