• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
rip SSE.
So, since Capcom and SEGA helped with the game (along with Ubisoft and maybe Konami(?)), is there a chance we see trophies and representation from their other IPs, like Street Fighter or NiGHTS? Seeing as how Rayman got a trophy...

Azure J

to celebrate new thread, so I will present the rumor from Smashboards. The source is JohnKnight1 and TheThirdKoopa. I got rid of all opinions, so people wouldn't get confused with facts and opinions.

Take it with grain of salts

Pretty interesting stuff. Confirms that no matter what we still don't get the full scope of this game yet.

Edit: I guess now's the time where I feel weird for actually finding this stuff interesting just because I like development trivia. D:

georly

to celebrate new thread, so I will present the rumor from Smashboards. The source is JohnKnight1 and TheThirdKoopa. I got rid of all opinions, so people wouldn't get confused with facts and opinions.

Neat read, but that sure was a lot of 'non-information' as far as game content goes. Makes me hopeful for post-launch support, though, which any major fighting game needs!

Mr.Batman

Banned

I really wish Nintendo would just announce a release date so I could take off of work. I haven't done a midnight release in forever but for Smash it's happening. Playing through the night and the next day. Melee is my favorite game...video game not just smash game...and I am hoping and expecting Smash Wii U to top it.

Azure J

In other news, 27th place with 1500 posts through 10 threads huh... Feels weird knowing some posters did a third of my total in one thread. :lol

...I'm curious as to what qualifies as a huge chunk of SSE being cut considering what we got was already bloated. >_>

To be fair, the SSE's endgame was just a cut-and-paste of most of the prior levels. It could have been something completely different if it were fully-realized.

I trust ThirdKoopa. While there's probably stuff that got mixed up in the telephone game, I know he has a legitimate source. He had information for Brawl prior to when it leaked on the internet. A few users and Smashboards staff can verify that.

...I'm curious as to what qualifies as a huge chunk of SSE being cut considering what we got was already bloated. >_>

I enjoyed it, but if it means that we get equal production value/effort across the board it's for the best that it's gone.

I trust ThirdKoopa. While there's probably stuff that got mixed up in the telephone game, I know he has a legitimate source. He had information for Brawl prior to when it leaked on the internet. A few users and Smashboards staff can verify that.

Aside from the 75m thing, like what?

darkmagus

I want neither Ganondorfs to be back.

I rather it be a brand new moveset. He deserves it!

that's why i said at least, i want a new moveset for him. but i don't feel like that is going to happen, so at least i don't want him to suck so much. he is one of my favorite Nintendo Characters

InsuRn

I want neither Ganondorfs to be back.

I rather it be a brand new moveset. He deserves it!

I would like that (
Demise
could even be an alternate costume). But I would prefer the old Ganondorfs to be back instead of cutting him from the roster.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really wish Nintendo would just announce a release date so I could take off of work. I haven't done a midnight release in forever but for Smash it's happening. Playing through the night and the next day. Melee is my favorite game...video game not just smash game...and I am hoping and expecting Smash Wii U to top it.

Maybe Fall Direct, but who know.

GamerSoul

nothing too outlandish here. lol @ SSE stuff

Berordn

To be fair, the SSE's endgame was just a cut-and-paste of most of the prior levels. It could have been something completely different if it were fully-realized.

The sad-ish part is that, in a vacuum, I think I would've preferred the Great Maze over the rest of SSE. Run around a big maze, punch enemies, collect stuff, and fight bosses? That's awesome. On its own, it would've been a cool adventure mode. Kinda glad that Smash Run is basically that, but realized into a vs. mode.

Gabeking

For a new page, regarding that Smashboards rumor

another tidbit

With Brawl, according to sources @thethirdkoopa has (note: don't apply this to Smash 4), the SSE killed production of a ton of characters.

Like, a ton.

And according to them, the last "cuts" to make the roster a full 38 characters (Sonic was added in 2007, and this was in 2005) were...
Roy: They found him boring. He was cut sometime in mid-2005 or some time around then.
Mewtwo: They wanted to partially remake him. They had programming issues with this and was kind of glitchy. So, they cut him sometime in late 2005 or early 2006. He was much further in development than Roy though.

So yes, it was the SSE that cut those 2, and a lot of other character (ideas) then.

Don't expect something like that to happen again.

There will be no equivalent situation to that again.

Son Of D

I'm honestly expecting us to get a release date either just before or just after the 3DS version releases.

PKrockin

The sad-ish part is that, in a vacuum, I think I would've preferred the Great Maze over the rest of SSE. Run around a big maze, punch enemies, collect stuff, and fight bosses? That's awesome. On its own, it would've been a cool adventure mode. Kinda glad that Smash Run is basically that, but realized into a vs. mode.
The Great Cave Offensive?

It's just odd that so many rumors are cropping up. Last night there was the potential delay rumor from a poster here and from someone at smashboards. Now we have 2 more from smashboards?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That rumour keeps referring to Sora as if it is a multi person company when in reality it is two people. Odd.

Lunar15

All of that sounds remarkably beliveable.

But that's kind of the thing: It's all very safe things that you can't really confirm or deny.

Marketing budget is kind of a laugh though. I know how big game marketing budgets are.

It's just odd that so many rumors are cropping up. Last night there was the potential delay rumor from a poster here and from someone at smashboards. Now we have 2 more from smashboards?
I honestly blame Gematsu being "wrong"
I still believe though
Had the Shulk prediction been right, you'd definitely see less rumors and "leaks".

The Great Cave Offensive?
You, you're exactly right. Had SSE been just a straight Great Cave Offensive (maybe with a semi randomized layout every time) clone with bosses, I definitely wouldn't have hated it nearly as much.

Durden77

Snake's really good at hiding from leakers, is all.

So fucking stealthy.

With Brawl, according to sources @thethirdkoopa has (note: don't apply this to Smash 4), the SSE killed production of a ton of characters.

Like, a ton.

And according to them, the last "cuts" to make the roster a full 38 characters (Sonic was added in 2007, and this was in 2005) were...
Roy: They found him boring. He was cut sometime in mid-2005 or some time around then.
Mewtwo: They wanted to partially remake him. They had programming issues with this and was kind of glitchy. So, they cut him sometime in late 2005 or early 2006. He was much further in development than Roy though.

So yes, it was the SSE that cut those 2, and a lot of other character (ideas) then.

Well at least there's this. Guess that's the closest I'll get.

Caladrius

This isn't really relevant to the Brawl discussion right now, but...

I'm not inclined to believe any rumors/leaks that come about more than 2-3 weeks before the game launches in Japan.

That isn't an absolute, but there's only so many channels I can think of where you could get that information and fewer still avenues to safely disseminate it.

At the 2-3 weeks-before-launch interval it's feasible that someone... misappropriates... a copy of the game or someone gets a review copy. I'm not going to pay any attention to anything before that until there's extremely compelling corroborating evidence.

georly

I'm not inclined to believe any rumors/leaks that come about more than 2-3 weeks before the game launches in Japan.

That isn't an absolute, but there's only so many channels I can think of where you could get that information and fewer still avenues to safely disseminate it.

At the 2-3 weeks-before-launch interval it's feasible that someone... misappropriates... a copy of the game or someone gets a review copy.

May someone pocket a 3DS copy from the presses! (I do not condone stealing, but the earlier the leak the better!)

That's not what it's saying. It's talking about Brawl. It says Sakurai fired four people who wouldn't work on it and was later convinced by everyone that was a really bad move.

I meant the part where it says Roy and Mewtwo were cut because SSE took so much work:

Of course there won't be an equivalent situation this time; we've known for a while that there won't be any story mode like SSE, so that's just obvious. Not to mention how ridiculous the whole bit about Sakurai firing people for not yessing him at every turn is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom