• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicle Site Updated w/ message from Mr. Hino~

rykomatsu

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/shirokishi/

Everyone, thank you for your patience.

White Knight Chronicle -Pulse from the Past-

It's been a while, but we will be bringing you a lot of new information rapidly, so please check back frequently.

Now, this mega epic RPG is LEVEL5's largest project to date. We went through a lot of hardships to bring the game to this point, but the effort was worth it, and is something we can present with much confidence, as we bring the development to its conclusion.

In this orthodox fantasy world, in addition to the satisfaction of controlling a giant character, we have a transforming hero (lol) which has allowed us to create a world where kids now and kids of yester-year can get excited about.

There is a feature that we haven't told anyone about which we are preparing. We will announce this at TGS 2008 in October so please look forward to it!

Signed,
Hino Akihiro

PROOP said:
The last paragraph says something about how everyone, including children will be able to enjoy the game.

Wii
te Knight
Music

EDIT: That girl main character has less armpit hair than Lightning.

I have to hand it to them, the monsters do look great though.

Jonnyram

The graphics in this game are underwhelming, but if the game is as epic as its being hyped up to be, the level of graphics will be of little consequence. I'm looking forward to seeing what's revealed at TGS. I have a feeling it may be something PSP related, like download some minigame to your PSP, play away from home, then upload to the game, like that damned Chocobo PocketStation thing with FFVIII.

king zell

1.jpg

10.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Jonnyram said:
The graphics in this game are underwhelming, but if the game is as epic as its being hyped up to be, the level of graphics will be of little consequence. I'm looking forward to seeing what's revealed at TGS. I have a feeling it may be something PSP related, like download some minigame to your PSP, play away from home, then upload to the game, like that damned Chocobo PocketStation thing with FFVIII.
I've wanted that in a PS3 RPG for a really long time. That'd be fucking great if it happened - I'd love being able to grind for equipment/items/something else during my commute and come home to upload the results onto my PS3.

rykomatsu

Hcoregamer00 said:
Wait, so she is a main cast member?

Pretty cool that they are expanding the lineup.

Good

Karla/Carla
A dancer (in this case, belly dancer?) you meet in Albana. Becomes part of Renard's party

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
BruceLeeRoy said:
Ohhhh yes I love it I love it. This will be the first RPG I have played since FFXII the drought
has gone on for far too long.

Buy Valkyria Chronicles!!!!

rykomatsu said:
Karla/Carla
A dancer (in this case, belly dancer?) you meet in Albana. Becomes part of Renard's party

Nice, I was worried that the only other female cast member would be your silent avatar character (should you choose to make one).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hcoregamer00 said:
Buy Valkyria Chronicles!!!!

Nice, I was worried that the only other female cast member would be your silent avatar character (should you choose to make one).

Watch the trailer on JPSN ;)

Jonnyram said:
Compared to other next gen jrpgs, it looks underwhelming. Sorry bud.

Dont really agree...which look consistently good? BD, but it has incredibly simple style. Only ones I can think of are Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesparia. IU looks more impressive in certain aspects, but looks really rough in others...especially some of the natural environments. The backdrops shown in this so far look as good as any of those

Tiduz said:
do want
altho i hope the gameplay is a bit more fluid compared to a year ago (old vid)

maybe that's why it went back into hiding for a year and they are now ready to show it off again. hopefully that's the case!

*Crosses finger for online related feature that involves playing with others or something like that*

Rpgmonkey

This really does seem like their biggest game yet and the biggest JRPG on the console right now, so I'm not going to outright dismiss it.

I'm looking forward to what TGS will show of this. I'd love it if the reaction were positive though. They seem to be really proud of the "epic" vibe this game gives off, so I'm looking forward to seeing things like that most.

Not expecting perfection or anything, but more quality JRPGs would always be appreciated. :)

Jonnyram

Wollan said:
There are videos out there. There are images available for everyone to see.
1 is 0? Whatwhat.
If you are trying to say that taste is binary, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Precisely how many JRPGs have you played this gen?

Yeah, I've seen the videos btw. They don't actually feature much gameplay either. As for the new shots on the site -- none of them are gameplay. There are some new gameplay shots in Famitsu, though.

jiggle

It's the battle of the armpits. Lightning wins round one.

rykomatsu said:
It's been a while, but we will be bringing you a lot of new information rapidly, so please check back frequently.

oh good :O
would've preferred steady stream of info.
but oh well

Jonnyram said:
I have a feeling it may be something PSP related, like download some minigame to your PSP, play away from home, then upload to the game, like that damned Chocobo PocketStation thing with FFVIII.

That sounds plausible and in line with "Only possible on PS3".

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Jonnyram said:
i think you have it backwards, the graphics are amazing and the artstyle is pretty conservative/generic. not in all parts, though. the tentacle beast thing was awesome, but style still feels too generic for a level 5 game to me.

don't get me wrong though, probably the best generic jrpg ever made.

Top Bottom