• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Moonlight

Banned
- I played Sheik once again to reaffirm my bold claims on her. She is downright crazy. The only move she has that does have noticeable lag is her dair kick in to the ground.

Sheik is for all of you who miss Melee. Mark my words.

inb4sheiktryhards
My girl is back. ;_;7

It's strange that you would have to unlock the Mii Fighters, but maybe that is only for the demo.

Didn't the leak have a screenshot showing a menu with "Mii Fighters" and "Characters"(?), so you'd have to select a Mii before going into the CSS proper. At least for the 3DS version where everyone has their own screen.

More zipzo info:

- I'm not sure what to think of samus but her up air is a combo move it hits the opponent multiple times before letting them go. Her moveset is largely the same. To me she felt kinda clunky but that could JUST BE ME. I am not good with Samus in other games.

It seems zipzo isn't the guy for Samus info :/ I'm pretty sure her up air has acted that way in every smash unless im remembering incorrectly. up air into screw attack is always satisfying though so its good to know it locks them in :D

Next week I shall have my Samus info though!

"I'm really feeling it" jokes get me. Every. Time.

I guess I'm just really feeling them.

I had a breakdown about it a few days ago.

Quoted from the previous thread.

This got me to thinking. What doesn't Shulk feel? Does he feel in the same way as others? What if he has some sort of super-sensory ability, and he always HAS to feel it. But what would it mean when he REALLY feels it? Maybe he can only really feel it once in a while or something, and that's why he gets excited. If he always feels it all of the time, then after a while feeling it wouldn't be remarkable. After a while he'd have to really feel it to feel anything different. Is it possible he could regret having to always feel it? Could he wish that he would not feel it once in a while, even if it meant that never again would he REALLY feel it? Or would that be more or less the same thing to him?

Please send help.

More from Zipzo:

- Mii fighters are NOT in the starting roster even with customization on.

I explored customization more.

After you turn customization on and go to the slot to pick different moves...it takes you to a separate screen where you can pick equipment and special moves. If you click the moves button it shows your 4 current default moves.

Unfortunately there is ZERO gear and ZERO extra moves unlocked it appears so there are no choices in either case.

When you make edits, you can save a PROFILE of your customization, that you can pick from a brief quick menu that pops up after you hit start. You must hit a on the customization you want to use. It appears the selector saves to your previously used profile.

It's strange that you would have to unlock the Mii Fighters, but maybe that is only for the demo.

One would think you would have to build a Mii Fighter first before it becomes selectable—that is, you can't just use default placeholder Miis like you can in some other games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I guess the general idea is that we shouldn't really refer to the demo for anything outside of gameplay mechanics.

Forkball

lol

it would be funny if Mii Fighters were the reason for the AllStar Mode lock.

;_;

I was thinking that as well, but it would be very strange to hide them until the very end. Not impossible, but strange. Though many speculate that customization was turned off during the leak. In six days we will know pretty much everything though, hard to believe the day is almost here.

Zipzo also deconfirmed a Hilda alt for Zelda.

rekameohs

Banned
They clearly don't want the Miis in public situations, since they're not available to use With Anyone online. I could imagine them being tucked away somehow in a demo.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
They were?
It wasn't.
Mistaken for reverse fire.
Fancy_Gunner_Suit.jpg

Quoted wrong post, too lazy to fix, my John is I was on mobile.

Masked Man

I said wow
What happened to the Galacta knight rumor?

Like WolFox and ChaRidleyzard, think of it as a Galacta Knight-inspired palette swap.

Masked Man, my questions:

1) How do you feel with the OG 3DS?

2) How's my man Toon Link? :3 He was pretty good in the E3 build.

3) How is the Paper Mario stage? Do the stage forms linger? I really like the boat segment.

4) What does the new FD look like? How does it play? And is the music awesome?

5) How does the game run? Locked 60? I remember reports of drops, though I never noticed it in my own games.

1) I've been playing all other games on the XL for almost half a year and it was hard to go back. Not impossible, though. My only real issue was with the button mapping of shield to L and grab to R, but that can be changed in-game (just not on this demo).

2) Played fine to me! I've always preferred TL to regular Link, too :3 I didn't notice any huge changes, per se, but I also didn't spend a whole bunch of time with him, either. Just wanted to see Alfonzo, lol.

3) I got through (all?) three scenes in two minutes. Probably 40 seconds each? It's very charming, though. As I mentioned before, the fan blows away the scenery and players can get hit by the flying pieces of paper, haha.

4) Feels like any other FD, but prettier ;) the music is a slightly more bombastic version of the main theme with a slow, dramatic intro. Hard to describe, but fitting!

5) dropped once for me in a FFA on Find Mii when the Dark Lord came out and everyone was Smash attacking like crazy, but that was about it.

SuperSah

Banned
1) I've been playing all other games on the XL for almost half a year and it was hard to go back. Not impossible, though. My only real issue was with the button mapping of shield to L and grab to R, but that can be changed in-game (just not on this demo).

2) Played fine to me! I've always preferred TL to regular Link, too :3 I didn't notice any huge changes, per se, but I also didn't spend a whole bunch of time with him, either. Just wanted to see Alfonzo, lol.

3) I got through (all?) three scenes in two minutes. Probably 40 seconds each? It's very charming, though. As I mentioned before, the fan blows away the scenery and players can get hit by the flying pieces of paper, haha.

4) Feels like any other FD, but prettier ;) the music is a slightly more bombastic version of the main theme with a slow, dramatic intro. Hard to describe, but fitting!

5) dropped once for me in a FFA on Find Mii when the Dark Lord came out and everyone was Smash attacking like crazy, but that was about it.

Thanks! Glad it isn't too hard to play on the OG due to screen size then.

Also, I'm super pumped to try the new FD and Paper Mario stage, it sounds incredible.

Toon Link still being good is good news too. :3

Also, L and R were remapped to what they were in the demo I played. So remappable controls are confirmed!

Roo

Like WolFox and ChaRidleyzard, think of it as a Galacta Knight-inspired palette swap.

Can you give us (me, really) any Luigi impression?
Anything is appreaciated :)

When you make edits, you can save a PROFILE of your customization, that you can pick from a brief quick menu that pops up after you hit start. You must hit a on the customization you want to use. It appears the selector saves to your previously used profile.
Well that is fucking huge! Love that custom move sets do not seem to not be a hassle.

Masked Man

I said wow
Other notes:
• Pictochat 2 is just the first Pictochat but with new drawings, like a whirlwind that sucks characters in and lifts them upward. Even the music is the same.
• Spirit Tracks music: 1) LoZ medley (pretty standard), 2) Full Steam Ahead
• Boxing Ring music: 1) Running/Countdown Medley, 2) Minor Circuit (from P-O!! Wii) (yay!)
• Mega Man's Leaf Shield just fires automatically after a sec. Running into someone with the shield active deals damage.
• Mac's aerials really suck, lol. Little damage, minimal knockback. His Jolt Haymaker might also be hard to land since it's a delayed strike (leap then swing). Still love him to death, though!
• The dead-eyed villagers are so creepy. I actually laughed out loud when the dead-eyed girl pulled up a fossil during her victory pose.
• Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit (from memory, could be a little off):
1) Cherry - short, low lob
2) Strawberry - long, low lob
3) Apple - bounces low across the stage
4) Orange - fast, straight shot
5) Melon - slow, straight shot
6) Bell - high, slow lob that shocks(?) opponents on contact
7) Galaxis - flies out and homes in on an opponent
• Pac-Man's orange plaid gloves come with pink plaid shoes, lolol

Can you give us (me, really) any Luigi impression?
Anything is appreaciated :)

Ahhh I actually didn't play as him. Sorry! :(

SuperSah

Banned
Other notes:
• Pictochat 2 is just the first Pictochat but with new drawings, like a whirlwind that sucks characters in and lifts them upward. Even the music is the same.

• Boxing Ring music: 1) Running/Countdown Medley, 2) Minor Circuit (from P-O!! Wii) (yay!)

Woop woop

Other notes:
• Spirit Tracks music: 1) LoZ medley (pretty standard), 2) Full Steam Ahead
• Mega Man's Leaf Shield just fires automatically after a sec. Running into someone with the shield active deals damage.
• Mac's aerials really suck, lol. Little damage, minimal knockback. His Jolt Haymaker might also be hard to land since it's a delayed strike (leap then swing). Still love him to death, though!
• The dead-eyed villagers are so creepy. I actually laughed out loud when the dead-eyed girl pulled up a fossil during her victory pose.
• Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit (from memory, could be a little off):
1) Cherry - short, low lob
2) Strawberry - long, low lob
3) Apple - bounces low across the stage
4) Orange - fast, straight shot
5) Melon - slow, straight shot
6) Bell - high, slow lob that shocks(?) opponents on contact
7) Galaxis - flies out and homes in on an opponent
• Pac-Man's orange plaid gloves come with pink plaid shoes, lolol

Ahhh I actually didn't play as him. Sorry! :(

question masked, how much swag does the purple villager guy have? (ill be using him)

Do characters have multiple victory animations?

Also, which characters are voiced/unvoiced?

EDIT: I guess a better question to ask is, what do the characters sound like? Do the veterans have new voice clips? Does Olimar/Alph have a voice (he didn't have one in Brawl)? What sounds do Mega Man and Pac-man make (if any)?

Malvingt2

- I played Sheik once again to reaffirm my bold claims on her. She is downright crazy. The only move she has that does have noticeable lag is her dair kick in to the ground.

Sheik is for all of you who miss Melee. Mark my words.

inb4sheiktryhards

This make me happy :D

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What about the key item, Pac-Man doesn't use it?

So it's confirmed that there are three victory poses too?

Guys, I'm getting so hyped for the Wii U version but have no hype whatsoever for the 3DS version. I guess most people here will be getting both versions? Which version are you the most excited for? Personally I just can't see myself playing a game like this on a handheld; I just feel like it'll be inferior in most ways and that it'll ruin my hype for the real deal. Smash Run seems to be the big thing about the 3DS version and I'm not sure how long it takes before that mode might get repetitive. Meanwhile the Wii U version looks so glorious.

About to head to bed, but here are the Zipzo posts I haven't seen posted here:

Post 19 (Smashboards):
I played DK and got more in-depth with Zelda.

DK has surprisingly little landing lag all around, most notably his bair and his dair recover really quick. His recovery strikes me as a bit nerfed given the lack of a ledge snap if he needs to go vertical. The down B slap move has kind of a ridiculous range but I think it always did? It's visible now by a "pound" visual effect.

okay Zelda. Listen to me.

Her fair and bair are both kicks with sweet spots that hit for 18-20% with huge knock back if you nail it. Low landing lag. 4-6% otherwise.

Her teleport doesn't just do damage on reappearance. The enacting animation launches opponents close enough. If you use the teleport it will launch people, and if you use it upward you appear almost precisely at their launch point to hit them with the reappearing attack, which tends to be quite gnarly since they are already quite high from the launch.

Her neutral air is a twirl almost exactly like peach except it is several hits. It hits the opponent maybe 4-5 times if you catch the opponent on the first hit of it.

Link - very low landing lag on his nair and bair. His boomerang only shows the whirlwind on its way back. He's much faster than brawl link. His fsmash (both parts of it) are faster. He felt good.

Shulk - figured out his mechanic. You swap through the stances pressing b, and when you see the one you want, you simply just wait like half a second and he will stance dance automatically.

Post 20 (Smashboards):
Explored the customize options again.
there is actually a few pieces of equipment to mess with strangely, but I can confirm that the extra special moves are arimasendesu.

Don't see why equipment wouldn't be considered all the same as custom specials would be. It doesn't just buff the characters it also adds a minus in some area. This meta could be almost impossible to define on a per character basis with equipment and custom moves.

You can have like 10 completely different sonics with different attributes/moves. The variety makes my head explode.

This won't sound good initially to luigi fans but I did not have fun playing as him. He's really floaty and felt slow, wasn't a fan. Didn't go indepth on his moves much during my match with him as I was too busy being annoyed by my lack of ability to like him.

Mario seems much faster than him.bi probably just can't tap in to luigis meta, maybe he's stronger than Mario as a trade? His hand like fsmash seemed to have a range nerf.

Post 21 (Smashboards):
links meteor smash on his dair is there.

shields definitely break quicker. It APPEARED to me that I broke Mario's shield hitting it twice in a row with a sonic dtilt.

played some serious, no item stock matches at the end here (they are wrapping up). I'm going to address my favorites since I've spent so much time looking for all of your stuff :p.

First match, sonic vs lvl9 sonic.

sonics down tilt no longer launches the opponent slightly for combo ability. It pushes them away. This made me a little sad.

his homing attack seems "smarter". Brawl one was dumb you all know what I mean.

his rolling attack (running a) catches opponents for a few hits

his fair tends to auto cancel a lot

Marth - still feel his range is short

counter is definitely godlike

when you tipper you will know as it makes a flashy colored animation (totally big deal right)
final destination, despite it's awesome new look having a questionable underbelly, is changed back to the old style collision where you will slide up the bottom to the ledge. IE NOT like brawls final destination which made me rage all the time when I first got brawl.

Post 22 (Smashboards):
Responding to: "Wait, you turned the items off? Ben said you couldn't interesting... I have a question but I'll save it for the AMA"

Then he wasn't really at an event because as far as I could tell (if you were sneaky) you could basically do anything you wanted. They just watched you like a hawk and forced you to not change the modes.
Loving the way DK and Link are sounding! So exciting to have a new metagame forming in front of us! Obviously way to early to make any calls on who's how good, but this is where the discoveries start.

SuperSah

Banned
Guys, I'm getting so hyped for the Wii U version but have no hype whatsoever for the 3DS version. I guess most people here will be getting both versions? Which version are you the most excited for? Personally I just can't see myself playing a game like this on a handheld; I just feel like it'll be inferior in most ways and that it'll ruin my hype for the real deal. Smash Run seems to be the big thing about the 3DS version and I'm not sure how long it takes before that mode might get repetitive. Meanwhile the Wii U version looks so glorious.

Solely the 3DS game for me.

I can't wait to play with you guys. I hope the community doesn't fizzle out too quickly.

random25

I'm excited for both actually. I'm normally commuting to work, so a handheld Smash helps. When I'm home, I'm going to rock the Wii U version (and plays some 3DS to keep my presence in the Smash 3DS community). I'm really excited for both versions for different reasons (3DS: portability, Wii U: Glorious HD in 60fps).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh good, Christmas Rosalina is in. When we saw the reverse in that PotD ages ago I was worried we wouldn't get in.

Top Bottom