• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Mory Dunz

I'm sure at the very least random matches that possibly don't showcase hidden characters should be fine.

I wonder what Sakurai has planned for the WiiU release to entice people to go twice? I know it's HD, blah blah but I mean mode wise. What could you possibly add to it besides maybe a custom stage maker? A more fleshed out story mode perhaps?
Adventure mode.
I don't think it will be revealed until 3ds gets its sales in.

Kyzon

I'm sure at the very least random matches that possibly don't showcase hidden characters should be fine.

I wonder what Sakurai has planned for the WiiU release to entice people to go twice? I know it's HD, blah blah but I mean mode wise. What could you possibly add to it besides maybe a custom stage maker? A more fleshed out story mode perhaps?

I'm not even bothered by hidden characters. I want to see Ganondorf more than anything.
I just don't wanna see what's at the end of classic and what not.

Wii U will have some fleshed out modes, and MAYBE a short timed exclusive DLC type thing? idk. probably not. I just want more characters.

Beats

• Palutena's Autoreticle seems to target based on where the opponent is when you initiate the attack. Samus was airborn when I pressed B and the shots fired diagonally toward even though Samus was already falling. Decent distance, though.
• Samus's bombs blow up on contact with opponents regardless of time, but they still bounce when they hit the ground.
• Gonna double-check the Pokemon and Paper Mario medley tracks when I get home.
• Palutena's taunts: "come back again soon!" And "allow me to purify you" god
dess
I love her

Yes! Very happy about them blowing up on contact.

munchie64

Eva Unit-01
and Shinji
confirmed for Smash.
Well I guess Marth may be speaking English in this one.
821C360D-F79B-4E4B-A2DE-5530B98AA961.jpg

Straight from zipzo!
Fuck. Yes.

Diddy's had the Dixie Kong coloring since Brawl. Doesn't deconfirm Dixie in any way. I mean, we still got Wario despite the Wario-colored Mario alt. I wouldn't freak out. Besides, I'm pretty sure she's already not a part of the base roster. ...Sadly.

Adventure mode.

Makes sense. I think we'll get more info around mid october.

I'm not even bothered by hidden characters. I want to see Ganondorf more than anything.
I just don't wanna see what's at the end of classic and what not.

Wii U will have some fleshed out modes, and MAYBE a short timed exclusive DLC type thing? idk. probably not. I just want more characters.

definitely agree with you on getting more characters. I KNOW we'll get more after seeing what happened with Mario Kart DLC recently. This will definitely keep the replay value alive.

Question though SmashGAF, would it matter to you guys if a "Project M" version of the Wii U game comes out in the future? How would you guys feel about that?

Clov

Since they've done an entire alt for Alph, I sort of wish that there were alts for the rest of the captains. Imagine playing as the President!

Question though SmashGAF, would it matter to you guys if a "Project M" version of the Wii U game comes out in the future? How would you guys feel about that?

for me it would depend on what they decide to do with it but honestly i hope the wiiu doesnt get blown wide open that could lead to potential piracy

Kyzon

I'd only want it if it's needed. Brawl was dying and needed a kick. P:M is a good alternative to that as it's quite fun to watch and great to play as well.

Overall, more smash is more smash so I'd accept it, but I don't need it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I really need to see the actual model for fierce deity since I think the earlier link recolor shown in the PotD looked like crap, but the face looks alright atleast.

FSLink

Banned

Wii U's homebrew scene would have to develop significantly, and it's pretty much dead at the moment. Way too early to discuss a possible Project M, I don't think many people realize how much work was put into Project M to make it possible.

If one similar came out, I'd give it a try, I'm open minded to try mods. Project M's is of stellar quality so if a Smash 4 Project M came out I'd try it out.

TreIII

I'm guessing it was just a timing thing. Sak and crew have to make TWO games at the SAME time without any delay whatsoever. You can only do so much.

And I can understand that, certainly.

Again, it just seems like some obvious elephants in the room, like Daisy and Ms. Pac-Man, are what I think would have been tackled along with some of these others. But eh, I don't profess to know what their workload was like.

A question I never see asked, is how will Smash Bros. 3DS and Smash Bros. Wii U play online together if they have separate stages from each other or will they if anything be able to play together online altogether?

A question I never see asked, is how will Smash Bros. 3DS and Smash Bros. Wii U play online together if they have separate stages from each other or will they if anything be able to play together online altogether?
The two just share a roster; you can't do any sort of cross play. There will be some sort of communication between the two, but that's it.

SuperSah

Banned
Masked Man, my questions:

1) How do you feel with the OG 3DS?

2) How's my man Toon Link? :3 He was pretty good in the E3 build.

3) How is the Paper Mario stage? Do the stage forms linger? I really like the boat segment.

4) What does the new FD look like? How does it play? And is the music awesome?

5) How does the game run? Locked 60? I remember reports of drops, though I never noticed it in my own games.

Forkball

More zipzo info:

- Blue bowser is in

- I'm not sure what to think of samus but her up air is a combo move it hits the opponent multiple times before letting them go. Her moveset is largely the same. To me she felt kinda clunky but that could JUST BE ME. I am not good with Samus in other games.

- I played Sheik once again to reaffirm my bold claims on her. She is downright crazy. The only move she has that does have noticeable lag is her dair kick in to the ground.

Sheik is for all of you who miss Melee. Mark my words.

inb4sheiktryhards

The two just share a roster; you can't do any sort of cross play. There will be some sort of communication between the two, but that's it.

I'm not too sure on that. If this is the litmus of what QoL might eventually be, wouldn't it be best to use online play between the two platforms to further drive the point to customers?

Forkball

More from Zipzo:

- Mii fighters are NOT in the starting roster even with customization on.

I explored customization more.

After you turn customization on and go to the slot to pick different moves...it takes you to a separate screen where you can pick equipment and special moves. If you click the moves button it shows your 4 current default moves.

Unfortunately there is ZERO gear and ZERO extra moves unlocked it appears so there are no choices in either case.

When you make edits, you can save a PROFILE of your customization, that you can pick from a brief quick menu that pops up after you hit start. You must hit a on the customization you want to use. It appears the selector saves to your previously used profile.

It's strange that you would have to unlock the Mii Fighters, but maybe that is only for the demo.

Mik317

More from Zipzo:

- Mii fighters are NOT in the starting roster even with customization on.

I explored customization more.

After you turn customization on and go to the slot to pick different moves...it takes you to a separate screen where you can pick equipment and special moves. If you click the moves button it shows your 4 current default moves.

Unfortunately there is ZERO gear and ZERO extra moves unlocked it appears so there are no choices in either case.

When you make edits, you can save a PROFILE of your customization, that you can pick from a brief quick menu that pops up after you hit start. You must hit a on the customization you want to use. It appears the selector saves to your previously used profile.

It's strange that you would have to unlock the Mii Fighters, but maybe that is only for the demo.

lol

it would be funny if Mii Fighters were the reason for the AllStar Mode lock.

;_;

Adventure mode.

If Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta are any indication, Nintendo's lead time for a pre-release Direct and an official release date is about 7 weeks. We still don't know if the Japanese and NA/EU releases will be staggered, but if Nintendo wants to make Black Friday, we can expect a Wii U release date announcement, feature overview, and Amiibo introduction around the week of Smash 3DS's release (which I'm sure they don't intend to undercut). I wish they would fill us in on the connectivity between the two versions sooner rather than later, as I'm still hesitant to pick up the 3DS version and want to know if there are any additional incentives to own both apart from the Club Nintendo soundtracks.

In some other games like Mario Kart you actually did need to unlock Miis before you could use them. I'm not saying it's the case here, but it's entirely possible we all overlooked the chance that it'll be how it works in the final game.

Top Bottom